[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most irrelevant and dumb storyline of any pokemon game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: megabum.png (73KB, 220x302px) Image search: [Google]
megabum.png
73KB, 220x302px
Is this the most irrelevant and dumb storyline of any pokemon game?
>>
>>26671425
Yes. Next question ?
>>
>>26671425
AZ is super cool. I wish they utilized him better.

I'm a sucker for immortal characters.
>>
>>26671425
no. wait for Sun/Moon you'll see
>>
>>26671425
Nah Gen V exists.
>>
>immortal wisdom
>still a garbage trainer

top kek
>>
The lock capsule? The azure flute?
>>
>>26671550
How do Gen. V shitters still exist? I was hoping natural selection would have wiped you out by now.
>>
Not with Zinnia existing.
>>
>>26671599
Gen V's story was terible son.
>>
>implying /vp/ can understand complex storylines
top kek
>>
File: (IUI).png (165KB, 560x432px) Image search: [Google]
(IUI).png
165KB, 560x432px
Eh, it was okay.

Not to say I wasn't fond of the character itself, he looked pretty awesome and was thrice everyone's height. I kind of felt for him even though I barely knew about the guy and he was pretty apathetic too, which I guess was the one sole thing I could relate to him.

The cutscene with him and Floette was really well done and legitimately got me, really liked how he fell on his knees and trembled trying to hold on to her. It's the little things that make me water-eyed, that attention to detail on interpreting a characters' sadness. Even after the whole impact, the cutscene looks really impressive when you consider the 3DS's limit.
>>
>>26671425
The Parade fight should have been on a level of Ghetis "true chamption fight". Although it made sense to have your team fully healed. A real spectacle
>>
No.

I thought it was a great concept, but the problem was that a lot of potential was completely wasted. We never got a sequel that would solve unanswered questions, unless Sun & Moon were to debunk this.
>>
>>26671425

No.
>>
>>26671425
>implying his story is over
>Magearna
>AZOTH
>alchemy
>sun and moon
>flowers
It's only just begun, anon.
>>
File: 1457649265759.jpg (102KB, 387x468px) Image search: [Google]
1457649265759.jpg
102KB, 387x468px
>>26671777
>It's only just begun
Trips confirms
>>
>>26671425
Basically every attempt at "story" in Pokémon has been utter shit. Not only is it really forced, but it's never concluded properly.
>>
>>26671425
>>26671425
I legitimately think so. Shoehorned in near the end of the game and only existing as backstory to fuel the evil team's plots.

Near the badlands we just see him walk away.

Then randomly near the end of the game you see him in a cell with no build up and he info dumps a bunch of shit.

Legitimately awful.
>>
>>26671969
He exists as backstory for nearly everything now. They put him in the game to be the explanation for deepest lore, like Mega Evolution and AZOTH and Deoxys.
>>
>>26671425
No thats second gen and tean rocket trying to take over radio tower. such an intense story
>>
>>26671550
Nah Gen IV exists
> ftfy
>>
>>26672019
I hate that. He's uninteresting but looks to be taking over the story in general. In fact, I really dislike X and Y's story so it sucks to see that it's being pushed so much in other games.
>>
>>26671777
This.
I think we're just starting this new arc related to AZ and all that shit
>>
>>26671425
Nah, not really. It's at most an amateur attempt at making a semi-solid backstory, complete with ancient wars and shit to, hopefully, build a coherent story line that can finally bring some sense to the world.

Of course, it'll always boil down to "LOL team fuckall is doin' naughty things; be distracted for ten fucking minutes before you go back to making the entire league look like fucking shit and being a high functioning fucking autistic asshole."
>>
>>26671425

nah,that random girl from the looker quest is

we can't go worse than gen I in terms of storyline
>>
>>26673076
This, frankly.
>>
>>26672217
>Gen III exists
FTFY
>>
>>26671550
At least Gen 5 had a story and it was good gen 6 didn't even try.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.