[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ash going to the finals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

The last 19 years. People have been hating on Ash. Now payback bitches. Ash will always be the goat. Fuck Red
>>
>>26670821
>now everyone is talking about the anime
Fuck off you bandwagoneer, i have been watching the whole series since the start.
>>
>>26670860
Hipster faggot
>>
>>26670821
really hope he does win, I've been rewatching the anime on youtube, i'm in the middle of AG, and even back that early ash has real ambition - at least in the dub, it's hard to tell because they can easily change what he's really meant to be saying and feeling, back then it was done way more often
>>
File: ashteardrop.jpg (7KB, 261x200px) Image search: [Google]
ashteardrop.jpg
7KB, 261x200px
>>26670821

Don't overhype yourself kid, you may just get disappointed, I was like you when D/P was airing.
>>
>>26670895
Not him, but I stopped believing after Johto. I wish I could believe now. I want to.
>>
>>26670821
He won't you fucking retard

At least Red became champion on his first attempt.
>>
>>26670821
>Ash will always be the goat. Fuck Red
>Red won his first championship match on his first try
>It took Ash 6 attempts to get to the finals
>>
>>26672246
He might not even be in the finals
>>
File: redisbetterthan Ash.jpg (46KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
redisbetterthan Ash.jpg
46KB, 500x365px
>>26672223
>At least Red became champion on his first attempt.

Mary Sue.
>>
>>26672270
Red has a story that ends with him meeting his goals.

Ash will have a never ending cycle of disappointment and loss because the anime needs to make as much money as possible
>>
>>26672267
Semifinals are Tierno VS Sawyer/Shota, while Ash battles someone else (likely Alain). One preview shows him battling Sawyer/Shota, though, so that means Ash at least makes it to the Finals with Sawyer/Shota.
>>
>>26672246
Red could also just walk up to the E4 and challenge them instead of having to go through the playoffs first.
>>
File: Fuck outta here (2).jpg (201KB, 474x659px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck outta here (2).jpg
201KB, 474x659px
>>26670821
>Implying /vp/ cares about the ashnime

Back to your containment thread
>>
When will hopefags be removed?
>>
File: dialga palkia smile.png (893KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dialga palkia smile.png
893KB, 1280x720px
>>26672405
It's just matter of time

Can't wait
>>
>>26672318

True but Red's story was just so fucking dull and forgettable.

I agree Ash is ultimately a disappointment.
>>
>Serena shitposting /vp/

fuck off
>>
>>26672349
No, Tierno vs Shota are for a spot in the semi finals, so their match is actually the quarter finals.

However, there's no way in fuck that Shota makes it farther than Alain. That's who Ash will fight in the finals.
>>
>>26672612
Ah, oops. I misread the blurb. Thanks for correcting me, anon.
>>
What if Ash have a legit case of autism? He does forget everything all the time. You actually watching for a mentally disabled kid
>>
File: damaged1.jpg (161KB, 630x802px) Image search: [Google]
damaged1.jpg
161KB, 630x802px
>Ash vs Alain finals
>memezard and memefrog digivolve recharging the Ultimate Weapon
>Team Flare interrupts the battle
>Alain and Ash fight later in the arc, Alain loses and does a face turn
>league restart
>a redeemed Alain beats Ash
>>
>>26672270
>Pokememes.memebase.com
>>
>>26672683
I'm okay with this
>>
>>26670821
>Ash going to the finals

Unless he wins the finals I don't give a shit because anything else means he'll dump all his Pokémon sans Pikachu and leave his companions to go to a new region and get his ass kicked by a Lv. 5 Rowlet.
>>
>>26673703

Given that Greninja is now officially more popular, what are the chances it'll stay on his team and Pikachu will be the one resting at Oak's?
>>
No matter what happens in the Finals people are going to be offended.If Ash loses for any reason or the Finals get canceled/interrupted people will cry asspull.If Ash wins the Kalos League people will whine about Ash being a Mary Sue or cry asspull.
>>
>>26673783
Super slim, Japanese kids hate change from what I can understand, that's why Ash is still around in the first place. Plus, if Ash kept Greninja it'd be a lot harder for the writers to justify Ash getting his massive power decrease.
>>
>>26673900
They go 200% synchro in the League but it injures both of them, which will take an entire season and a new mega to undo.

Here, done.
>>
>>26673900
>japanese kids hate change
Yugioh is the world's most popular trading card game, surpassing Pokemon in Japan.
>>
>>26673941
That's true, but at the same time I heard the ratings for the Yo-Kai Watch anime tanked once they changed protagonists, then bounced back up when they brought the first protagonist back, though that's just something I heard on /vp/ and maybe the person made it up.
>>
>>26673900
Honestly, at this point I can't see them getting rid of Greninja either. Greninja is putting Pikachu on the sidelines with syncro, it high fives Ash after battles, and even walks along side him outside of its pokeball occasionally (which was a Pikachu only thing for the most part).
>>
>>26673900
I would honestly not be surprised at all if the entire Pokémon anime was rebooted in some way, giving it a fresh feeling.

Ash has been around for almost 20 years, almost everyone must be bored to death with him by now, regardless of how "good" he is.
>>
>>26673980
It wasn't so much protagonist change as to rather Inaho from what I've seen.
>>
>>26673703
i predict the future, ash will lose again the kalos league.
>>
>>26673980
Digimon got like 7 whole series while swapping out protagonists and has remained relevant enough to celebrate an anniversary recently with Digimon Adventure Tri.
>>
File: thisfeeling.png (2MB, 1882x1022px) Image search: [Google]
thisfeeling.png
2MB, 1882x1022px
>yfw tobias comes outta nowhere and crushes ash again with darkrai
>>
>>26674088
literally a poor excuse to revive the series by bringing in nostalgiafags.
>>
>>26673703
Look how he gives less and less of a shit every time.
>>
>>26674090
>yfw Ash beats Tobias' Darkrai with ninjafrog
>>
how strong is meme frog in the anime
>>
>>26674211
>Diantha oneshots Wikstrom without any trouble
>Ash is putting Diantha on the defensive
>>
File: 100.png (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
100.png
88KB, 500x500px
>>26674180
>Tobias responds with Megafug
>>
>>26674170
He's gotten better at accepting his losses.
>>
>>26674325
I bet Ash already bought tickets to Alola before the League started in preparation of his loss.
>>
>>26674325
>Ash will never just do a fucking training montage for a week or two to grind to level 60 and sweep the E4
>>
File: HRRRRRRRR.gif (214KB, 274x249px) Image search: [Google]
HRRRRRRRR.gif
214KB, 274x249px
>>26674311
>Deus ex Machina
>The Character
>>
>>26674211
DBZ powerlevels
>>
>>26672384
die you stupid faggot
>>
>>26670875
>I've been rewatching the anime on youtube
You fucking what? Just download it
>>
Remember in DP when Ash was competent and he made it to the finals to get crushed by some random guy with a team full of legendaries

The same thing is going to happen here so they can have an excuse to keep him in the next anime
>>
>>26676219
He did not reached to the finals in DP.
HE IS REACHING NOW MOHTAFUCKA!
>>
I want summer to end
>>
>>26674088
Bringing up Digimon is the worst example.
>>
>>26674345
He did have a training montage for his 8th badge in AG
>>
>>26674375
>Diablous Ex Machina
>>
Red got good by episode four of his anime. Ash is only getting decent after nearly 20 years.
>>
>>26676313
God I hated Origins Red. Game Red was alright tho. PWT in Sun and Moon when?

Also, I just realized that gen VI was the first generation we didn't get to kick Brock's ass in. Feelsbadman
>>
>>26676313
>get swept by a Rhyhorn using special attacks
>good
>>
>>26676354

>Episode 4.
>>
>>26670821
I just want him to win so that we can have a time jump and have the series focus on his child or something. I don't care what kind of character it is, I can't stand to watch 20 years of the same character.
>>
>>26670821
Ash is already a 2 time champion though
>>
>>26673703
>Charizard

Still angry.
Will never not be.
>>
>>26676240
Is there any meaningful difference between getting to the top 4 then getting crushed like a fucking punk, abandoning all progress made, and starting over with a power level reset, and getting to the top 2 then getting crushed like a fucking punk, abandoning all progress made, and starting over with a power level reset?
>>
>>26676614
Yes, Is called being a Pokemon Master.
>>
>>26676876
Ash hasn't come close to catching them all and seems to lack interest, he STILL hasn't won the League in either scenario, what's so masterful?
>>
>>26676896
He can master any pokemon from any region and made them top tier mons.
>>
>>26677041
>He can master any pokemon from any region

If that were true he'd be able to win something for once that isn't a filler arc like the Orange Islands.
>>
Wasn't there an interview with some producer saying that Ash won't win a league until Pokemon as a franchise ends?
>>
>>26677072
no
>>
>>26677072
no
>>
>>26677072
no
>>
>>26677072
no
>>
>>26673783
Pikachu will never leave, He is the mascot of Pokemon. I doubt Greninja will stay, but if so it would be with Pikachu.
>>
I forget, but isn't winning a league just a step toward the process anyway?

They explained it somewhere once but the anime has like 1000+ fucking episodes so I don't know for sure, but the title Pokemon Master has more prerequisites than just one regional league win, doesn't it? Ash could win a league and still be working toward the actual title
>>
Honestly if he was to win a league it wouldn't change anything. He could still go on adventures and chase the Pokemon Master dream since I don't think winning one league would count as becoming a Pokemon Master.

Didn't he beat the Battle Frontier and be offered a job as a Frontier Brain or something? That didn't change anything
>>
>>26677669
Yeah. Even if Greninja is the most popular at Japan, I dont think they'll change their mascot that has been there for as long as Pokemon existed
>>
>>26677901
Yes. Winning the League is great but he still has to become Champion by going in the Champion League which is the E4 and Champion.
>>
>>26677952
Pikachu will stay by Ash's side, but letting him bring six more. Even so, Greninja would now be having better chances at returning than Charizard at this point.
>>
>>26677975
>Alola is where the Champion League takes place and Ash has to compete with other league winners and Champions like Cynthia to get the badges to enter the champion league.
>>
>>26676538
That was the Orange League and Battle Frontier, they don't count.
>>
>>26673703
what about indigo league? he got champion tho
>>
>>26682134
not indigo league, but orange league. Is orange league counted?
>>
>>26682154
Orange Islands were filler because GS weren't out yet.
>>
>>26673941
YGO is a weird exception, most Japanese in general hate change. They flipped their shit at Toriyama wanting to end Dragonball, then flipped their shit more when he tried canning Goku, they flipped their shit when they banned Space Jesus in the character polls.

Japanese fans latch onto characters super quick and hard and will never let go. In Pokemon's case that's Ash, they will never let go of him. No matter what they do with the anime, it'll always be 'right' as long as Ash is there.
>>26674010
To everyone but Japan, sure he's boring as hell. To Japan, he is Pokemon as much as Pikachu. He's the Goku of that series.
>>
>>26682259
GF and the Pokemon Company in general think "Well Season 1 had kids, they must be grown up by the time it ended, lets give the new kids joining in the same stuff." and it's reset and back to the status quo we go, same goes for the games. They think kids play on generation and by the time the next generation comes out it's literally "a new generation of kids and the last one are all grown up and don't care anymore." lets just appeal and market to them.
>>
>>26682291
That's about the only way it'll work in Japan.
When the kiddies grow up, they either turn into NEETs who acquire different tastes, or Salarymen who literally work themselves to death while only using free time to gamble on Pachinko, eat and sleep.
Which is why when an anime has a callback, it's mostly flashbacks to adjust the latest audience to the character(s) and/or location(s).
>>
>>26682345
I seriously wonder if Japan knows the rest of the world exists. I legit don't think they do.
>>
>>26682259
Yugioh didn't "change its protags" either, it ended, and then got a bunch more anime series to promote the card game.
The people that use it as an example seem completely unaware of the fact that the series was original a manga, not a card game.
>>
>>26682360
Season 0 will forever be overshadowed by the attempt to ride on TCG Popularity, unfortunately.
>>
>>26682379
"Season 0", the old Toei anime, is fucking garbage. Read the manga instead.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.