[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like discussion of this has been overpowered by feet,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: qrscan.jpg (208KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
qrscan.jpg
208KB, 770x562px
I feel like discussion of this has been overpowered by feet, what do you guys truly think about it?
>>
I'll probably never use it, so I don't care that much.
>>
>>26670652
I'm sure a lot of people are going to totally misunderstand it and freak the fuck out saying "hurr gamefreak making catching them all for casual scum", despite it not giving you the pokemon.

It just seems like a not very interesting feature. I can see why they did it, I'm sure it'll be fuckin great for brand deals and what not. Slap that shit on your local orange juice, next minute a bunch of pokenerds are buying Tropicana for them sweet codes/pokemon association.

Not a lot of info on it so far, so I suppose it could turn into something interesting depending on what they do. Unlikely though, GF is the king of squandered potential.
>>
can these codes be posted online? if so, that means gen 6 can literally be played solo.

ever since gen 1 they've been trying to make pokemon as much of a multiplayer thing as possible. one of the biggest factors was game-exclusive pokemon.

with this, probably every single pokemon will be able to be caught in one game cart alone.
>>
>>26670729
It only adds the "seen" entry, not the "owned" one.
>>
I think they're gonna use QR Codes to implement better customization, like the same way Animal Crossing uses it.
That alone would make it my favorite gen.
>>
not our fault he has such slutty feet
>>
Are the literally making injecting easier?????
>>
>>26670675
>not just going to the store with 3DS and scanning orange juice
>>
>>26670820
No, because it only counts as having seen the pokémon. Read, numbnuts.
>>
>>
>>26670808
Finally someone said it
>>
>>26670729
X and Y were gen 6...
>>
>>26670869
I think he's saying that because it might open up another way in for injectors. I dont do coding and have no idea if that's viable or not, but others have mentioned that before.

>>26670851
I'm sure this'll happen on any unpackaged QR codes, yeah. I can practically picture it now. Walking through the store and you might spot a wild neckbeard, complete with the sock+sandle combo and trench coat in summer, sitting in the middle of an aisle with his 3DS, scanning any container he can find, then leaving the mess for the employees to clean up.
>>
>>26670783
I never played animal crossing did they actually do this????
>>
>>26671612
In new leaf, yes. You can change the texture of almost every item.
>>
>>26670783
Man, clothing design was my favorite part about NL so I'd love for something like that in pokemon, but I feel like I'd be getting my hopes up.

Honestly with the way QR codes were used in ORAS I'm unimpressed with the whole 'scan a pokedex entry' thing.

What are the odds of codes being used in another way too?
>>
>>26671612
Yes

I wish pokemon had something like this or at least change the color and patterns of the clothes, if they don't wanna risk people drawing inappropriate shit.
>>
>>26671654
>>26671708
>>26671748
Holy shit that is so dope
Didn't that game come out years ago? How is Pokemon so far behind???
>>
>>26672777
Pokémon tends be at least ten years behind most other games.
>>
>>26672777
animal crossing is a game entirely about decorating and playing dress up

pokemon is not as much as you faggots want it to be
>>
I suspect there'll be a way to use it to get to some sort of hax within a month of release.
>>
F E E T
E
E
T
>>
>>26673144
this

more
>>
The entire QR pokedex will be available a day after the games come out. There will be no hunting for rare qrs.
>>
File: 1429819124954.png (277KB, 492x550px) Image search: [Google]
1429819124954.png
277KB, 492x550px
>>26670944
>"you might spot a wild neckbeard, complete with the sock+sandle combo and trench coat in summer, sitting in the middle of an aisle with his 3DS, scanning any container he can find, then leaving the mess for the employees to clean up"
>tfw work at retail
>can't just ban them from the store because it's a ludicrous reason
>have to clean up their shit
>it will happen in droves

Time to find a new job, I guess.
>>
Complete shit.

Why would anyone care about getting a Pokémon registered as seen?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.