/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shiny Pre-evos that look better than final stages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 16

File: ihopeyoulikegenderhax.png (38KB, 335x310px) Image search: [Google]
ihopeyoulikegenderhax.png
38KB, 335x310px
Fraxure. I've actually had the good luck of finding two shiny axews while EV horde training over the last week. Turned one into a Haxorus and decided to run an Eviolite, high speed high HP attract and toxic set on shiny Fraxure

Named it Gendra because gender tactics (rivalry + attract) I've also had amazing luck with shinies recently, back in 2013 I found Mareep and Mr Mime on my X and Y respectively, I found the two axews plus a Hoppip plus a Scraggy on my current Y, and a Caterpie on my HG rerun

Any other examples of pre evo shinies that look better than their final stages? and yes I made this thread partially to share my good luck
>>
Gible and gabite
the ice cream cone's first evo
eevee > leafeon/glaceon
>>
>>26669618
always loved eevees like silver theme, I feel like Umbreon is the only one that carries it on, espeon could've used to become like a silvery blue instead of green. Glaceon is just sadness like garchomp, being so close to the original. why would you do that?
>>
> A living gold nugget becomes a living pile of shit
How could they fuck up this badly?
>>
>>26669685

Golem's Shiny is bland.

I have a Graveler myself, the first shiny I ever caught.
>>
>>26669685
what is golems shiny? someone post it

oh and

>still liking shiny golem
>>
File: eevee-shiny.jpg (255KB, 1491x1107px) Image search: [Google]
eevee-shiny.jpg
255KB, 1491x1107px
>>26669684
Too many of the eeveelutions got screwed over: Jolteon, Flareon, Glaceon, Leafeon. And I'm tossing Espeon in there because I think the shade of green used is really ugly.

Sylveon, Vaporeon, and Umbreon are nice. I kind of wish they had stuck with blues and/or purples for the others too so that all the shiny eeveelutions had a sort of cohesive group look too them.
>>
>>26669929
wow sylveon's looks great holy shit, that pastel blue tho

and jolteon doesn't look too bad in green, it just doesnt mesh with the typing

leafeon would look great with some dark red and brown autumn colors
>>
File: shiny_slurpuff.png (54KB, 553x298px) Image search: [Google]
shiny_slurpuff.png
54KB, 553x298px
>>26670042
>leafeon would look great with some dark red and brown autumn colors
Yeah,it's nice when GF gets a bit more creative with the shinies, like making Slurpuff look like a chocolate cupcake. I wished they did stuff like that more often.
>>
>>26670113
They're slowly getting better woth the new ones. But they've ruined some of the old ones in return.
>>
I finally got a shiny Abra from the game corner. Few minutes after that, the togepi egg hatches. It's not female, but it was shiny.
>>
File: FFBE_Carbuncle_Artwork.png (102KB, 473x503px) Image search: [Google]
FFBE_Carbuncle_Artwork.png
102KB, 473x503px
>>26669929
I like lemon lime jolteon. Tangy flavor
Flareon is literally fire eevee so I'm not mad
>>26669684
Shiny eevee is likely based on a carbuncle(DO NOT GOOGLE SEARCH)
>>
>>26670229
...ESPEON
>>
>>26670207
pics or it didnt happen
>>
>>26670189
>But they've ruined some of the old ones in return.
If would be neat if they introduced different shinies for certain pokemon to make up for that (nothing crazy, maybe 2 different versions instead of just 1).

Also since shiny hunting has become a lot easier in newer games it would add a bit of difficulty back into it since you wouldn't just be trying to get a shiny but the exact one you want.
>>
>>26669929
Glaceon and Leafeon got the worst shiny variants among the Eevee , their colors are barely different. Shame really, I love Glaceon.
>>
>>26669685
I had a shiny geodude in gold. Always thought it looked awful. Didn't realize they made it gold later on.
>>
File: golem.jpg (107KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
golem.jpg
107KB, 500x405px
>>26669732
>>
>>26670113
i get the cherry on top, but why would the red spot and the like, neck thing still be pink?
>>
>>26670207
the shiny togekiss is one of those ones that's the same color though
>>
>>26670487
absolutely disgusting.jpeg

>>26670314
dont hate on shiyn scrafty, im grinding mine in the E4 right now, his name is greenbean
>>
>>26670523
>dont hate on shiyn scrafty
It's just a random image I grabbed off google to go with my post.
>>
File: shiny quilava.png (66KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
shiny quilava.png
66KB, 260x240px
....this guy. I still dont understand the guy that looked at the final shiny color and said "yeah,that looks fine." At least make it purple like in the original. Shit.
>>
>>26670631
I love the Cyndaquil line, but I fucking hate their shinies, so goddamn bland. At least give them a fucking blue flame for fuck's sake.
>>
>>26670662
I think a light blue with tones of pink flame would compliment that browner shade better
>>
Shiny Flygon isn't terrible, but it's worse than Autumn Vibrava.
>>
File: image.png (37KB, 578x774px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
37KB, 578x774px
I refuse to evolve it
>>
>>26670862
Why? It's basically the same as Persian. Just a slightly off shade with pink ears. Although, I guess Meowth's shiny does stick out more since the end of the tail and feet are the same as the ears.
>>
File: black_persian_by_kostyurik.png (29KB, 227x200px) Image search: [Google]
black_persian_by_kostyurik.png
29KB, 227x200px
>>26670862
Same anon >>26670961

Just wanted to add that I think they should have made Meowth and Persian gray or black. At least a black Persian would have a neat panther-like appearance.
>>
>>26670988
ive never had or seen a shiny persian before

wow i thought that was real

wow why isnt it
>>
File: image.png (103KB, 879x775px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
103KB, 879x775px
>>26670961
If it didn't sparkle, I probably wouldn't even notice a shiny persian. At least meowth is noticeable.
>>
File: 250px-253Grovyle.png (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-253Grovyle.png
52KB, 250x250px
>>
>>26670631
The reason they probably did that is because the non shiny colors stick out like a sore thumb when compared to other red/orange fire starters.
>>
>>26670796
Trapinch and Vibrava both have great shinies. I don't know why Flygon always gets shit.
>>
>>26669574
I honestly think Faxure is on par with Haxorus.

I know people like to shit on Black+Red combos because hurr 3edge, but black+basic color combos are pretty simple and effective color schemes. Theyre popular for a reason.

That being said, Fraxure's color combination is a really unique one, you dont see it elsewhere. It reminds me a lot of pic related, actually. The low saturation, darker toned, contrasting hue main body (in Zorua's case, very dull, dark Red) makes the high saturation opposite tone highlights (The Electric Blue) reeeaaaally pop. Fraxure and Zorua are both fantastic use of color theory.

That being said, I fucking love Zoroark's shiny as well, so I guess for thread relevancy, my vote goes to Noibat.
>>
>>26671093
i like haxorus' shiny but that light blue on fraxure is just too clutch not to slap an eviolite on
>>
>>26671093
Something about that particular shade of blue is so aesthetically pleasing. Managed to DexNav chain a shiny Zorua within a couple of hours start to finish for one of them
>>
>>26671151
I dont blame ya, honestly. Seeing it again is making me consider doing the same thing.

>>26671241
Yeah, same.

Blue+Black? Pretty good color scheme

Ice Blue+Black? Great color scheme

Electric Blue+ near Black with a Red tint? Top tier.

Grats on the find.
>>
File: 148shiny.png (4KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
148shiny.png
4KB, 120x120px
>Pokemon X
>Trying to fill up my pokedex
>Just looking for a regular dragonair
>First one to appear is shiny
>"Dragonair used dragon tail!"
>tfw

I recently decided to redeem myself and MM a Dratini. It hatched after only 9 eggs. Too bad i'll never evolve it to its final form because of green barney
>>
>>26671093
It hurts that zoroark moves from blue to purple. It's not bad but that blue would have been so so good.
>>
>>26669574
pic not related?
>>
>>26671304
>>26671241
I might have to hunt for a Zorua now
Does zoroark turn into the shiny version of your team?

I have to run a gimmicky ass set on Fraxure just because it's nature lowers Def (Haxorus is more of a fast sweeper anyway) and heightens speed

The eviolite will alleviate that fairly nicely and the gender shenanigans will be fun, hit 2x harder on other females and a speedy attract for males is nice too haha
>>
>>26671338
Yeah, I agree. I dont complain too much, because I do love Zoroark's shiny, but I'd rather it have kept Zorua's palette, and used Zoroark's palette on a much more needed pokemon elsewhere.
>>
>>26671360
Go for it, dexnavving is way easier than pokeradar chaining ever was and you can catch some interesting pokes along the way (3IV's/nice egg moves etc).

I think the one I caught had like 2 IV's and an egg move, plus I synced for a decent nature so it's not even that awful to use on a team

>>26671304
You too
Have anything else that was fun to hunt for? It's been months since I've played oras let alone shiny hunted

>>26671367
>>26671338
Mine is still a zorua for this exact reason
>>
>>26671343
Not OP but I think shiny haxorus looks bland.
>>
>tfw Gengar's shiny didn't get retconned to have its mega's palette
>>
File: shiny_noibat.png (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
shiny_noibat.png
43KB, 300x300px
This nigga, Shiny Noivern sucks cock
>>
>>26674356
Agreed. It's a shame, since Noivern would look fucking RAD withhat scheme.
>>
>>26670990
maybe you have and didn't notice..
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.