[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon GO Beta Area Release

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: pkmngo.jpg (130KB, 1671x950px) Image search: [Google]
pkmngo.jpg
130KB, 1671x950px
I thought it would be useful to have all of this in one thread for people to track, and have this thread only be for this without discussion, save that for other thread.

For anyone who has received the US beta, please put
>State you live in
>Android or iPhone

That way people can know if it's reached them yet and if we should keep our hopes up for beta access or not.
>>
Oregon
Android

got my email, downloaded the app and got started right away. Bulbasaur caught within 5 min
>>
California
Android

Got it downloaded and have managed to catch a couple pokemon. Squirtle, Voltorb, and a Meowth.

Not sure quite what to do next.
>>
Just signed up with my girlfriend, thanks for the info op
>>
California
Android.

got an Abra
>>
California
Android

Got myself Magnemite, Geodude, Hypno, Squirtle, Staryu, and Pidgey.
>>
Downloaded it, caught Charmander, nothing happened for 30 minutes after that, even after using one of the Incenses or whatever.

Uninstalled.
>>
File: 1283818746846.gif (771KB, 420x280px) Image search: [Google]
1283818746846.gif
771KB, 420x280px
>>26652370
What part of California? LA area is very different than Bay Area is very different from Central Valley is very different from The Far North Here Be Dragons California. It's a bit enough state that I think it would warrant paying attention to differences in Pokemon distribution within the state.
>>
They say there's going to be over 100 Pokemon available to catch. Going by Nintendo's usual practice with advertising numbers, it's likely the whole Kanto dex is gonna be present. When do you think the other 570 will get added?
>>
>>26652681

Never.
>>
>not available in your country

What the fuck, I live in Canada.
>>
How'd you guys get into beta? Anyone got extra codes?
>>
File: 1433895681841.jpg (42KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
1433895681841.jpg
42KB, 495x636px
>>26652260
Wasn't selected
RIP
>>
File: 1396066603767.jpg (207KB, 1600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1396066603767.jpg
207KB, 1600x700px
>>26652776
I wasn't either, but my friend was.
>>
>>26652776
Just download the apk
>>
File: 1464980927475.png (91KB, 408x327px) Image search: [Google]
1464980927475.png
91KB, 408x327px
>>26652260
>tfw you weren't selected.

Its probably because I didn't play Ingress. Is there anyone on here that got chosen and not play Ingress.
>>
File: 1401038116692.gif (3MB, 324x221px) Image search: [Google]
1401038116692.gif
3MB, 324x221px
>>26652986
I got in. Made an ingress account years ago but never really played it.
>>
>>26652986
A couple of my friends and I didn't play ingress but we still got in, so that wasn't the problem.
>>
>>26652978
It doesn't work without the invite. That's the problem.
>>
File: 1377573286520.gif (228KB, 397x300px) Image search: [Google]
1377573286520.gif
228KB, 397x300px
>CA
>Android

Already caught 5 Pokes. This shit has me wandering around a near by church at night.
>>
Oregon
Android.

Caught myself a Charmander, Ponyta, Ekans, Meowth, Voltorb, Rattata and Magneton so far.
>>
>Work at an LGS that is a pretty active Ingress Portal
>It's only a PokeStop
>Meanwhile the fountain outside the mexican restaurant and the mural outside another restaurant the other direction are both gyms

What the fuck, Niantic?
>>
>Don't have a smartphone
>Tablet is wifi-only
See you all in a few months ;_;
>>
>>26653010
I thought Ingress launched in 2015.
>>
>>26653260
>I thought Ingress launched in 2015.
Lol no, Pokemon GO was announced in 2015, ingress had been around for years before that.
>>
>>26653127

>this shit has me wandering around a near by church at night

Pokemon Go is either going to give everyone the adventure of their life or its going to get them robbed at gun point and possibly murdered.
>>
File: slowfetchd.png (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
slowfetchd.png
6KB, 240x240px
>California
>iOS
>still no invite
>will probably get it immediately before launch
>>
Did anyone from Wisconsin get an invite? ;_;

>>26653324
This stuff has already happened with Ingress. Stalking (VERY common), fighting, threats, etc. Cops get called a lot, either because of strange guys wandering around the streets after dark or because someone notices an enemy player taking down their portals and wants to ruin their night.

A big reason why there's three teams in pGo instead of two is probably to limit these team problems Ingress currently has.
>>
>>26652679
North Bay. Specifically Sonoma County

Got some stuff like Diglett, geodude, Abra, Ghastly, Voltorb, and magnemite now.
>>
>Washington
>Android

Installed. Been having a blast. Caught 10 kinds of pokemon so far, hatched one egg, three more incubating. Exploring PokeStops for items and have control of a gym, for now.

I have high hopes for GO
>>
Southern Oregon
Android

Picked Squirtle. I control two gyms with some shitty Rattatas and have ran into a few people walking around here with the game on their phone.
>>
>California
>Android
After doing the tutorial I've caught a number of pokemon, lotta commons like rattata and Pidgeys but also random stuff like Hitmonchan, Primape, and Chansey. I've noticed a number of things about the game, anyone interested to what I have to say?
>>
>>26653634
Go on, Jelly
>>
>>26653653
So a two things I've noticed while capturing pokemon
1. You can throw curved balls which give an extra 10 stardust, just swipe your pokeball in an arc.
2. When catching a pokemon there's an inner circle that shrinks until it starts over again at the edge of the circle around the pokemon you are trying to catch. Throwing a pokeball when the circles overlap results in a "nice" throw which if successful rewards extra stardust.
3. Sometimes when you throw a pokeball the ball will shine when capturing a pokemon, I've noticed when it happens I almost always catch a pokemon. Sort of like a critical capture but the ball always shakes 3 times.
4. I dunno if 2# and 3# related at all, requires more testing.

Dunno if you guys want more, this stuff is all just first impressions.
>>
California countryside
Android Marshmallow
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.