[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a common complaint in the Pokemon franchise that people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

File: 1462995442175.png (86KB, 233x272px) Image search: [Google]
1462995442175.png
86KB, 233x272px
Name a common complaint in the Pokemon franchise that people have but you either don't care about or disagree with.

I actually like having a large amount of legendary Pokemon. I think they make the series interesting.
>>
>>26651606

Learing mechanics, designs, competitive.

I care nothing about these.

Everyone else do.
>>
>>26651606
I think Gen 6 gets shit on way too much. Yes the games werent amazing but they were extremely innovative and most of the Pokemon from Gen 6 were really well designed (better than Gens 4 and 5 in that respect).
>>
>>26651606
There is absolutely nothing wrong with ORAS aside from it being easy, which can be fixed by turning off the exp. share.
>>
File: 566px-New_Mauville_ORAS.png (366KB, 566x599px) Image search: [Google]
566px-New_Mauville_ORAS.png
366KB, 566x599px
All the people who scream "Pokémon is for kids, stop being so negative!" I mean that's more fanbase-related than anything else but I'd call fans part of the franchise since the games promote multiplayer interaction so much.

>>26651653
I agree about the Pokémon designs but Gen 6 was by-the-book as hell, with the exceptions of Megas.

>>26651664
I'll just leave this here.
>>
Complaints about "handholding," whatever the fuck that means. No one's forcing you to use the experience share or the 30 master balls given to you at the beginning of the game, or the level 100 Arceus your rival gives you after the first gym. And if you don't like the game telling you where to go next or how to beat a gym leader, just spam B. Little kids who can barely read or understand type matchups play this game too, and they deserve to have fun just like you.
>>
>>26651681
Agreed, little kids like you should be allowed to be walked through the game.
>>
>>26651701
Ouch anon, that hurts
>>
>>26651606
>Pokemon is furry
>>
Following pokemon only bogged down the experience of playing a pokemon a game and I'm glad it's gone.
>>
Exp. share
Difficulty settings

Biggest one: 3D models. Reusing the XY models was a great idea. It means more time can be spent modeling new Pokemon/megas and focus on making a game better than the garbage that was gen 6.
>>
The existence of pokemon I don't like doesn't impede my life in the slightest.
>>
>>26651653
>most of the Pokemon from Gen 6 were really well designed (better than Gens 4 and 5 in that respect).
>but they were extremely innovative
Nice one! I laughed.
>>
>>26651754
Not to mention it made you a total Mary Sue. I agree. If we are ever unfortunate enough to see it return it should be optional.
>>
>>26651606
Having a lot of foreign mons in the regional dex is not a bad idea

Gen 3 and 4 needed that
>>
>>26651790
How the fuck did it make you a "Mary Sue"?
Anti-walkingfags have the dumbest fucking reasons.
>>
IVs.
I think they add variety and individuality to Pokemon, and it's never been easier to obtain and pass on good IVs.
>>
>>26651869
Presumably because you're the only character in the world who walks around with a pokemon

Never mind the fact you're already the only person in the world who walks around
>>
>>26651898
That's not what "Mary Sue" means, you're looking for "special snowflake".
And I'm not sure what the hell you're expecting from a game.
>>
>>26651789
>1st games in 3D
>Fairy type
>Megas
>Pokemonamie
>Apparently not innovative

The games werent great but they brought a lot of change to the series.
>>
>>26651916
I never said I had a problem with it fampai. Just pointing out how ridiculous the argument is
>>
I genuinely feel like the only one who doesn't care about difficulty in Pokemon games.

I see multiple 200+ post threads daily about the games becoming easier or whatever and I don't see what the fuss is. Maybe I'm just too simple.
>>
Pokemon designs rarely bother me. If anything, the only Pokemon I truly hate are the genies and I guess Hoopa.

I think Delphox isn't all that bad.

I think Chespin and Chesnaught are fantastic, even if the shiny ones are the only ones that looks right.

I think Alola looks plenty big enough.

I love nearly every Mega Pokemon, and I think they were a good idea.
>>
The exp share in gen 6. I think anyone who complains is absolutely retarded and no matter how hard I try I can't understand their point. If you don't want to use it then just turn it off. Personally I like to casual the game and just play with my favourites so I don't like grinding. Therefore, it makes the game a lot more fun for me.
>>
>>26651935
>most of the dex wasted on no-move conceptually bankrupt shit like Pyroar
>another bug/flying butterfly as the only bug
>a shitty slow ice type
>shitty self defeating fossils
They learned absolutely no lessons. Gen 6 was trash in designs. They did absolutely nothing new, and in terms of Pyroar, they didn't even try. the thing has 68 attack and moxie for fuck's sake.
>>
>>26651939
I thought, I was only one.

I only play Pokémon for It's lore and collecting All of Pokémon.
>>
>>26651980
>3D, fairy type, megas
>nothing new
Keep trying.
>>
>>26651980
I have a feeling you're one of those people whose impossible to please.
>>
>>26652005
Most people aren't going to be pleased with feces.
>>
>>26651939
Same. Not every game has to be difficult. Some games are meant to be simplistic. Pokemon is one of them. It's enjoyable playing a game that's relaxing rather than stressful due to fake difficulty and forced grinding to pretend that it's 'hard'.
>>
>>26651939
Trust me, you're not the only one.

Animal Crossing and Pokemon are two games I really enjoy simply because of them being relaxing. I'm indifferent to challenge modes, but I don't see how they would improve the game.
>>
File: lyra.jpg (21KB, 254x190px) Image search: [Google]
lyra.jpg
21KB, 254x190px
>>26651898
>you're the only character in the world who walks around with a pokemon

Not only is that a fucking retarded reason to call something a Mary Sue, it's not even true.
>>
File: 1453360808247.jpg (60KB, 482x768px) Image search: [Google]
1453360808247.jpg
60KB, 482x768px
>>26651981
>for It's lore
>playing one of the worst written RPG series of all time for its lore
>>
>>26652097
>>26651977
>needing to grind at fucking Pokémon
>>
>>26651980
>no-move conceptually bankrupt
>slow
>self defeating
what has their competitive standing got to do with their designs? They look damn good for the most part. Their concepts, lore and colour schemes are spot on. As a whole, I like em.
>>
Difficulty and whatever cosmetic thing that makes them a super spedhul snowflake
>>
I'm glad the games left 2d. B/W had the ugliest sprites yet.
>>
>>26651681
I made it through rby as a snot nose, why do they need all the extra help? It's almost an insult to today's children
>>
People complaining about how everyone uses A pokemon with a good stat,move distribution,typing being OU

Idgaf its not like your wife was stolen from you
>>
>>26654160
Fucking this. Models had to come sooner or later, and the sprites were at their best in HGSS. BW sprites were abominations and half the reason people think gen 5 has an ugly dex. Gen 5 designs weren't that great to start with imo, but seeing them with 3d models did them a favor
>>
>>26652345

Nah. Game freak write better than you.
>>
Most Pokemon designs and regions are really good.
>>
>>26651606
I like HM moves and I wish them to stay. They just need to be reworked a bit, not downright removed.

I also wish we could see some new kind of HM moves in Sun/Moon. The last really fun one was Rock Climb, and that was gen 4.
>>
I liked Gen V's animated sprites. Made the battles feel more alive and dynamic.
>>
File: 1407616714993.jpg (128KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1407616714993.jpg
128KB, 554x439px
I barely give a fuck about postgame. I beat the league, explore the rest of the region, do some online battles then shelve that shit until the next game.
>>
>>26651606
People seem to complain when other gen Pokemon aren't available until post game, but that's idiotic to me. You have a whole bunch of new ones so make me use them and get to like them instead of throwing in the old ones to add more that I can use. I'd rather make due with the new ones and then gather the old ones in post game than have the old ones in normal game.

People seem to rag on Gen 5 way too much, especially Vanillish and Garbodor, I don't get it. Yeah, they're sentient ice cream and garbage, what's the problem? We have Rotom don't we?

I've also seen people rag on Mega Evolution, but I think that's more because Pokemon that don't need them are getting them while you have other Pokemon just left by the wayside who would benefit. I really like the feature, I just wish you didn't have version exclusive ones since that means someone has to go without so you can have the other one.

>>26651939
I just play them for single player and catching all the Pokemon, but it would be nice to give some of the gym leaders and normal trainers more Pokemon at the very least. The only difficulty I've had so far in ORAS is when I went out from Slateport to Route 106 while surfing with Pokemon that were not only underleveled but couldn't handle the Pelippers that all had Roost, and even then I didn't have anyone faint. Oh, and trying to catch an Absol to the right of Foretree with level 25ish Pokemon and having it nearly white me out.
>>
>>26654490
This, except I replay shit, so most games I play never get left alone forever
>>
>>26654482
I'm one of those people that kind of dislikes HM, but i never understand the complaints because TIMES HM ARE REQUIRED ARE ALWAYS LIMITED.
Let's take ORAS Hoenn for example. You have to surf what? 5 times total? With every one of them being a 2 minute ride(5 without repel)? What is the problem with that? At least the sea is unironically a straight line, i waste much less time in it than in a random cave.
You have to use Rock Smash once and IIRC they put a May teleport when you need to come back explicitely for avoiding using it a second time. Then Waterfall to climb to Ever Grande.
Only annoying times are villain team hideout where you have to bring Strenght, and the Victory Road.
Everything else is optional and can be done later when bringing your top team doesn't even matter.
>>
>>26654560
But you proven yourself why having more Pokemon doesn't matter, you almost got defeated by a single Absol. What matters is the Pokemon themselves, not how many there are.
>>
>>26651681
See this one I do have a problem with though. Why should the player have to impose restrictions on themselves just to get a decent challenge out of the game? If the game itself is set up such that it's too easy then that's just bad.

Kids were able to get through older games well enough, why the sudden lack of faith in people's ability to get through the game?
>>
File: original.jpg (91KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
91KB, 970x546px
>>26654773
Kids have changed.

Also, tell me why i should have to impose myself the restriction of trading myself a lv100 Pokemon at the start of a new game.
>>
I like the EXP share as it takes the tedious pokemon switching part of training up underpowered mons away and helps you build up a diverse team quicker.
>>
>>26651606
I dont care about Trainer customisation.
I always imagine myself on a place anyway.
>>
>>26654804
Games changed.
>>
>>26654490

This.

Also fuck playing competitively, it's a goddamn kid's game not Battlefield or some shit.
>>
I really don't give a shit how many psychic legendaries there are
>>
>>26651939
>I see multiple 200+ post threads daily about the games becoming easier
Cause people think that a 20 year old should struggle with a game in the same way a 10 year old did
>>
I couldn't give a shit about most things /vp/ take seriously desu
>>
>>26654804
>Also, tell me why i should have to impose myself the restriction of trading myself a lv100 Pokemon at the start of a new game.

What an asinine argument. It's one thing to use all of the tools the game gives you and later find out that the game is horribly unprepared for those tools and suddenly everything laughably easy. It's another thing to purposely give yourself a tool with the intention of completely ruining the balance.
>>
>>26655995
The game gives you the tool of immediate available trade, and it not being prepared for me to use it it's not my problem. Why shouldn't i use it?
>>
>>26656065
You can use it all you want, but you are fully aware that a level 100 pokemon is going to break the game. The intention is to break the game and that is the purpose of the trade. With that caveat in mind, there's no problem because you get what you are expecting.

If you use the tools that the game gives you during the story (the "vanilla" gameplay), then it's reasonable to assume that the tools are recommended and that the opponents will be balanced around it.
>>
There's nothing wrong with having few or no older Pokemon, at least in odd-numbered gens.
>>
Reminder that more legendaries leads to more dungeons and optional areas. Reminder that while Unova 1 was even more blatantly linear than Kalos that it had far more optional areas because it had far more legendaries that needed areas to find them. Reminder that only having the main trio for Kalos was a major mistake.
>>
>>26656134
>>26656065
They try to restrict you from doing that by making pokemon above a certain level not listen to you

The real way to break the game is trade your starter away, level it up somewhere else then trade it back
>>
>>26656172
>Reminder that while Unova 1 was even more blatantly linear than Kalos
Another thing I couldn't are about much
>>
>>26656134
>If you use the tools that the game gives you during the story (the "vanilla" gameplay), then it's reasonable to assume that the tools are recommended and that the opponents will be balanced around it.
So you're saying having the E4 and champion around at level 50 while you use a lv70 legendary that the game gave you for the price of a single ball is balanced? Because you know, tools given during the story, vanilla, etc.
>>
>>26651653
Innmovative how?
I havent played pokemon since I lost my copy of pokemon white.

Twice.
>>
>>26656175
I do this most of the time now because I have never cared about difficulty in Pokemon
>>
>>26656244
There is no pokemon game where you get a level 70 legend before you complete the main portion/story of the game.

Unless you are talking about overleveling due to something like the exp. share, which brings us back to the part where "the game itself is set up such that it's too easy," as was said some posts ago.
>>
>>26655047
Well, it is a unique gameplay style: "turn based strategy with a rather short match duration and an emphasis on short term decision making and predictions". It is almost like a cross of card games and JRPGs. Find me something similar and I will switch, but nothing is really similar to Pokemon while having the same amount of options.
>>
>>26654804
How smart do you think they felt when they figured out what to do?

Kids havent changed, games changed which made expectations change. They should change back.
>>
>>26656348
Emerald actually let's you catch Rayquaza at level 70 before the league.
>>
>>26656428
>>26656428
That's pretty cool. Emerald's the only game I never played, I regret not picking it up when I was younger but back then I figured it would be a rehash of RS like Crystal was of GS.

At any rate, I'm not arguing that OP tools aren't in the games, I was arguing that it's poor design to unintentionally break the the game using the tools the game gives you during normal play. I don't think there's much else to be said here.
>>
>>26654804
Other people already said it but it's the games that have changed.

I made my little brother play Punch-Out!, the NES version, for the first time, and he lost to Glass Joe, like several times in a row. I told him to keep trying and he was able to get as far as Great Tiger before needing my help with anything (which to be fair it's not like blocking is mandatory anywhere else, I didn't instantly get it when I first played). I know it's anecdotal evidence but kids really aren't as dumb as Game Freak seems to think.
>>
>>26651653
Gen 6 hate is a meme
It comes mostly from Unovabortions who try to make us forget that Gen 5 was the objective worst gen ever
>>
>>26656551
You also have to go out of your way to grab Rayquaza there, too, by going to the Sky Pillar a second time after you break up the Groudon/Kyogre fight, with a changed dungeon layout to have RS's mach bike puzzles and everything. It broke the game in two if you got it but it's not handed to you like the Exp. Share.

>>26657173
"Gen 6 hate is a meme" is a meme.
>>
>>26657173
>Gen 5 was the objective worst gen ever
Also a meme
>>
>>26651606
I honestly don't have as big of a problem with the in-battle animations for flying pokemon as some people do. I think it would be better if they weren't all always flying, but I don't have a problem with the way it is now.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.