[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Current Team

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 65

File: team.png (312KB, 768x537px) Image search: [Google]
team.png
312KB, 768x537px
Post your team during your current playthrough.

Rate, Hate, and make assumptions about people based on their teams

Pic related using mons I've never played with before. Playing Omega Ruby and would usually use Swampert.
>>
The Oddish was just something I was using for Cut, but I can't think of anything to put as my sixth Pokémon. I would evolve it into Bellossom, but my balltism prevents me from doing so, since it's just in a Poké Ball.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2048x1566px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2048x1566px
>>26651403
Forgot image.
In HeartGold.
>>
>>26651403
vileplume has a red and white top like a poke ball
>>
Just finished my Heart Gold playthrough today

>Tyranitar (was originally Ariados but he wasn't cutting it against Red)
>Bellossom
>Rapidash
>Feraligatr
>Espeon
>Noctowl
>>
>>26651368
On my Platinum I have 3 badges
Monferno
Luxray
Vespiquen
Espeon

Any suggestions?
>>
>>26651426
>Leaf Stone
Maybe I'll go with Vileplume, time to hit up the Pokéathlon.
>>
>>26651447
OP here
I know the feel, I had to grind super training to get shiny stone for gallade.
>>
>>26651467
I find the Pokéathlon fun anyway, so it's not TOO bad.
>>
>He doesnt immediately box his starter pokemon
>>
>>26651493
I never used sceptile before so I figured why not
>>
>>26651493
>He boxes his starter pokemon to be unique
>>
>>26651525
damn right i did. Noctowl is MY starter. feels good
>>
>>26651545
>he says he wants to be unique
>then uses the regional bird as his starter
>>
>>26651560
im not in johto though so it is unique
>>
>>26651434
hippowdon
>>
>>26651368

>Exploud

Top-tier taste OP.
>>
Platinum:

Empoleon
Staraptor
Gengar
Garchomp
Bibarel
>>
File: team noxp hgss.jpg (837KB, 1393x1043px) Image search: [Google]
team noxp hgss.jpg
837KB, 1393x1043px
No wild pokemon XP run, HGSS edition. The idea was to see if earlier games really were harder than gen 6 or not by never killing a wild pokemon and getting xp from it. Emerald and Leafgreen were fine.

This is at the E4 and I think I've exhausted every trainer in Johto. I might be in trouble. Not only does Johto have a retarded level curve (trainers just south of Blackthorne happily using level 27~ pokemon while Claire throws here level 37 Dragonairs at you), all the optional areas (Deep Mt. Mortar, Whirl Islands) have no trainers. I had to give up training a full team halfway and focus on pouring xp onto my main 4, too.

My main worry is Lance and his 3 hacked Dragonites. Kingdra's Blizzard won't be able to OHKO them with at this level but will die to their Outrage and Dragon Rush immedaitely. They outspeed her too, so I have to put my choice scarf on it. My options are:

1. Stick Exp share on Kingdra and try and get her to level 45 along with stocked-up rare candies, which is the minimum needed to guarantee OHKO on level 50 Dragonites with Blizzard
2. Do what GF probably intended and do a bit of grinding on wild mons in the optional areas, only what I run into while trying to explore or looking for wild Pokemon
3. Use X-items, which is a guaranteed win anyway so I don't really want to do it

Any thoughts?
>>
>>26651723
deposit money with mom and grind first few E4 members
>>
>>26651368
Currently playing Pokemon Yellow on the virtual console.

Too lazy to really catch anything so I decided to sort of just go the "Red" route with one exception via a friend.

Blastoise
Charizard
Gengar
Pikachu
Snorlax
Venasaur

I'm barely at Koga. How do I even fucking grind past Level 40?
>>
>>26651752
I don't want to grind with repeatable trainers either. I didn't use match call in Emerald or Vs seeker in Leafgreen. I'll see how I manage later.
>>
I want to play SS and use a Hitmon-, but I'm not too familiar with the Johto region. By which Gym can I get a Tyrogue?
>>
>>26652234
Pretty sure you need Waterfall for that.
I think that's the 8th gym?
>>
>>26652263
Is that so? that kind of sucks. Maybe I'll use a Machamp instead
>>
>>26651434
yo what the fuck
I have three badges in platinum two, and
Monferno
luxio
vespiquen
leafeon
gyarados
staravia

also, i nicknamed my monferno Harambe (after the gorilla who was shot in the zoo)
>>
>>26651762
change your pikachu for a goddmaned jolteon, you fucking scrub
>>
>>26651762
Level 45 is fine for the E4.
>>
File: Pokemon Gaia team.png (38KB, 1279x937px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Gaia team.png
38KB, 1279x937px
About to go for the second badge.
r8
>>
File: trainercard-Aeyr (1).png (36KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
trainercard-Aeyr (1).png
36KB, 245x171px
>>26651368
>>
Replaying X

Honedge
Swana
Granbull
Raichu (got it from a wonder trade and the fucker is hitting 80's right after catching Xerneas. the fact it got hidden power ice makes it even more OP)

Still need to catch 2 more contenders.
>>
>>26651368
Currently playing Pokemon White, right before the Castelia gym.

>Dewott
>Drilbur
>Scraggy

I had forgotten how much fuck Scraggy with Moxie is. By the way, how's Solosis? Planning on getting one after reaching Nimbasa.
>>
>>26653110
much fun*
Time to sleep I guess.
>>
>>26653063
From the description, Gaia seems pretty cool. Is it actually any good?
>>
>>26652403
But muh experience.

And Mega Kick.

>>26652897
Well, I think I'll be 50ish by the time I get to the Elite 4. I just hate how after 40 everything slowed down.

I don't remember this being that tideous to level grind from when I was a kid.
>>
File: nigga.png (14KB, 269x170px) Image search: [Google]
nigga.png
14KB, 269x170px
platinum nuzlocke in solaceon town
>>
File: Alpha Malepphire.png (1MB, 879x634px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha Malepphire.png
1MB, 879x634px
pic is a couple days old
I have since evolved gloom and replaced swampert with accelgor
>>
>>26651368
Less a playthrough but still:

Ralts
Smeargle
Oddish
Quagsire
Tropius
Azumarril

I beat Emerald in like 9 hours but i'm RNG abusing in this. found another fucking shiny zubat, sick of them
>>
>>26651368
good taste op
>>
>>26653613

why are there two The Geoff?
>>
File: cuckemeraldteam.png (58KB, 715x385px) Image search: [Google]
cuckemeraldteam.png
58KB, 715x385px
I just beat Winona.
>>
>>26655223
What ROM is this
>>
>>26655241
cuckold emerald
>>
I'm playing second time my HG copy, gonna fight ho-oh now(omg this game is still awesome!)
Quilava
Heracross - using this pokemon literally first time and I already love it
Crobat - can learn nice moves like U-turn or roost but his attack is pitfuly weak and he isn't learning any strong attacks
Gengar - pure awesomness but Gastly training is annoyning
Red Gyarados
Gyarados - HM Slave
>>
File: hh.png (135KB, 1155x379px) Image search: [Google]
hh.png
135KB, 1155x379px
currently playing a nuzlocke with Y.
>>
>>26653170
Pretty good, it's quite well paced and includes the best things from the newer generations.
>>
File: índice.png (22KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
índice.png
22KB, 245x171px
Pokemon X
>>
File: noxp hgss lance.jpg (573KB, 1151x863px) Image search: [Google]
noxp hgss lance.jpg
573KB, 1151x863px
>>26651723
Actually made it, without needing any of my rare candies. Scizor was the fucking MVP, Technician is the best ability for in-game when you only have shitty moves.

Scizor solo'd Will, and was important for just about everyone. Seeds + Sleep from Exeggutor was how I dealt with cunts like Koga's Muk, and was necessary for Lance's Gyarados too.

Bruno was a cheating fuck and his Swagger Hitmonlee actually made me reset because confusion hit every time, and Karen made me reset once because her Dark Pulse kept flinching me, fucking bitch. Luckily, by Lance my Kingdra siphoned off enough XP to be able to OHKO his level 49 Dragonites. His level 50 one survived Blizzard, but locked itself into outrage for my Scizor to kill it.

This is the worse one to run a no xp game on so far, due to lack of trainers and fucked level curve. I had to limit my main party to 4 Pokemon.

Team just before Lance.
>>
File: hof hgss.jpg (562KB, 1268x953px) Image search: [Google]
hof hgss.jpg
562KB, 1268x953px
>>26656503
And there we go.

Anyone interested in these runs? I think I've adequately demonstrated that earlier gens really were harder than gen 6 and no, it's not just fucking nostalgia. If no one's interested, I'll just replace these mons with minmaxed EV-trained IV bred ones before I continue.
>>
>>26653613
>cholo

do u have diarrhea
>>
Just beat goldenrod radio tower rocket event in HG. Advice? Movesets? I feel like I don't know how I should be using Nidoking or Pidgeotto.
>>
>>26656855
Pidgeotto's a shitmon, there's no real using it.

Nidoking needs TMs blown on it to be good.
>>
File: download.png (20KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
20KB, 245x171px
>>
>>26656867
I seem to recall enjoy using the pidgey line in FRLG once. I only picked up nido because I've never used em before. I knew I would need TMs but if it's just Thrash: The Game without em I might just ditch it. Have any recommendations for replacements?
>>
>>26656881
Johto's starved for good pokemon in general. You can buy the fire blast TM and use that and the sludge bomb TM on Nidoking if you're so inclined. If you want a poison type, there's Gengar and Crobat. In fact, Crobat covers Pidgeot's niche too, and much better.
>>
>>26656535
Honestly I did something similar with Emerald and though sometimes I had to go against some wilds I had one of the most garbage teams ever. I made it and honestly it didn't feel much harder aside from the fact my team was shit for Hoenn.

But I blame that on me playing Emerald for it. I'd probably get fucked without lube in Platinum.

Also no grinding Exp. Share off in XY was surprisingly scary for me at times since the game assumes you have the share on and a gigantic rotating team so the level curve has enough spikes to kill Megaman.

I stopped doing these because I felt like actually doing runs as experiments because of this board being dedicating to shitflinging about Gen 6 felt far from worth it to me. I know you've probably gotten way too many shitty defenses about actual flaws from mouthbreathing retards but I just feel like even if you do this, someone else could and have a different experience. What then? Back to the old ENTITLED vs APOLOGIST stuff the board has been flooded in since the Maison reared it's ugly head again?

Though if you enjoy it go ahead. That's what really matters.
>>
>>26657007
I did an Emerald run too, pic related just before Wallace.

It did feel pretty hard for me, I had to rely on Gardevoir setting up opportunistically on enemy shitmons for later game.

I haven't posted much about these actually. Since when were there many vocal gen 6 defenders, anyway? I think I'll leave the soulsilver run as this. Can you elaborate more about your XY run?

I was thinking of doing XY noxpshare no wild xp next before I make a big post.
>>
>>26657073
Well I remember trying to do no grinding at least. My memory there was probably horrifically accurate. That probably changed later on since my memory is hazy. I was still underleveled since the notorious lack of Pokémon on trainers means a lower exp yield as well. I had a team filled with some low tier stuff like Golduck, Eviolite Fennekin, and even a Timid Farfetch'd. I was also doing no healing items so maybe that's why I might have ditched the grind rule.

As for Emerald I only had a team of "5". Blaziken/Breloom/Solrock/Sableye/Peliper was my team. I say "5" because I had an HM slave Spheal that evolved in the middle of the E4 and healing item stalled Wallace's Milotic and gething in the occasional Rock Smash so Blaziken could finish it.

I also did a regular Emerald run recently because why not and most of the difficulty felt like some of the bad movepools. I always felt like Gen 4 was when movepools were finally good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Gen 6 isn't an easier gen, it is. Though I do find the same to be true for RSE save some instances like the Emerald twins, I just don't find it to be some super drastic drop all at once.

But then again I feel Gen 4 was the only Gen to get the base difficulty just right.
>>
>>26657131
I abused healing items like fuck in all my playthroughs, was necessary. The only thing I didn't do was x-items, because you could win anything but pumping x speed and x-offense stat on a shitmon.

Yeah, I might do that XY run after all.
>>
>>26657150
I actually had less trouble on the challenge run then the regular run overall. Though the other run made me feel like Wallace was a lacking champion. Glacial and Drake scared me more than Wallace did. Though I did use the special bulk titan that is Regice so that might explain it.

Still I'll always brag that I beat Mence with a Nosepass that wasn't even overleveled if memory serves me right.
>>
>Celery the Sceptile
>Locomotive the Aggron
>Zen the Medicham
>Majesty the Milotic
>Eeyore the Camerupt
>Crazy Eye the Dusknoir
Alpha Sapphire, just beat Wallace.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-08+at+08.32.12).png (50KB, 1030x784px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-08+at+08.32.12).png
50KB, 1030x784px
Pokemon Zeta. Just beat the Elite 4, found some new favorite mons from this playthrough for sure, Crustle and Tauros are surprisingly amazing.
>>
>>26656855
Teach Pidgeotto
>Aerial Ace/Wing Attack
>Return
>U-Turn

And teach Nido
>Sludge Bomb
>Fire Blast
And if you're willing to play Voltorb Flip for a while
>Thunderbolt/Ice Beam

Pidgeot's actually a pretty strong mon once you give it decent enough moves, at least in my experience.
>>
>>26657214
What was your team? Wallace was a fucking nightmare for me.

>>26657073
>>
>>26651723
You should be fine at that level, just buy some extra revives/full restores if you're not confident
>>
>>26657353
I already made it man, final team levels were >>26656503

Hall of fame:
>>26656535

Didn't even need any rare candies
>>
>>26657377
Oh, all right. Now keep it up and beat the rest of the game, by which I mean Red. It's pretty fun to figure out how to win with a team of lv50-55s against his lv80s.
>>
>>26657391
I once beat him with a level 48 Garchomp by spamming x-speeds and swords dance.

I can probably do the same with Dragon dance Tyranitar or Kingdra, so I'm not terribly interested in finishing soulsilver like this. I might do no xpshare XY under the same rules though.
>>
>>26657336
On the regular run? Swampert/Linoone/Skarmory/Nosepass/Regice/Breloom
Honestly half of that fight was Regice

As for the other run I was scared since I had nothing to bulk the Water/Ice onslaught but Sealeo who despite being well over a dozen levels under Wallace tanked Milotic's hits and helped me gain momentum. Breloom was crucial in both runs for Ludicolo, and in the first Shock Wave Pelipper was a lifesaver.
>>
>>26657411
With X items it becomes pretty simple, yeah, so I like to not rely on them either, or at least limit myself to those you find on the ground during the game. I remember in my HeartGold playthrough Meganium with Reflect/Light Screen and Ampharos with its high SpDef emerged as the true MVPs that pulled through a lot of bullshit.
>>
File: LeafGreen Nuzlocke Team.jpg (44KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
LeafGreen Nuzlocke Team.jpg
44KB, 640x400px
After failing a Y and a White Nuzlocke, which were my first ones, I decided to try doing a LeafGreen Nuzlocke, just to get a win under my belt.

>Any Pokemon that faints must be released
>Catch only the first Pokemon in each route
>Dupes Clause, but only 5 attempts
>No gift Pokemon
>No interractible Pokemon
>Gym Leader's strongest decides level cap
>SET Battle Style
>No items in battle
>No trading, not even to evolve

Currently grinding up to my level cap before fighting Giovanni for the final time, to win my 8th badge. I've only lost one Pokemon the whole run so far, a Mankey to a Magnitude 10 in Rock Tunnel. My level cap before entering the Elite Four is gonna be 57, the level of my rival's weakest Pokemon.

And of course, the pic is my current team.
>>
>>26651368
Currently working on breeding a theme team based on Arthurian Legend.
Starring:
Delphox as Morgan Le Fay
Manaphy as Nimue
Aegislash as Arthur
Bisharp as Mordred
Alakazam as Merlin
And Escavalier as Lancelot

If anyone has any suggestions for replacement mons or different characters I'm open.

>>26657250
>Eeyore the Camerupt
Made me giggle and I'm not sure why.

>>26656876
Randomizer? Or starters only run?
>>
File: Team.jpg (285KB, 1249x508px) Image search: [Google]
Team.jpg
285KB, 1249x508px
Nuzlocking Blaze Black 1
Just beat the eighth Gym
>>
>>26655343
get sludge bomb at the house leading to lake of rage for crobat
>>
File: what am I doing.jpg (42KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
what am I doing.jpg
42KB, 500x250px
Replaying Blue, and... this is my entire team.

I had the BRILLIANT idea of facing the E4 with a full water team, so I kept my caught pokemon fairly limited. But then...
>lvl15 Poliwag
>lvl15 Tentacool
>lvl15 Staryu
>lvl35 Wartortle
>lvl35 Gyarados
Yeah... I'm not sure what to do here now.

Considering just restarting my game and going with a more standard team, or just keep going with this game, and catch some higher leveled pokemon for the team.
>>
File: Omega Ruby Team.png (984KB, 2390x670px) Image search: [Google]
Omega Ruby Team.png
984KB, 2390x670px
Also have a Linoone as an HM slave
>>
>>26658675
>catch
>not grind
>>
>>26658675
>not sure what to do
Ditch wartortle, get an ice type and one of the fossils
>>
>>26658937
I'm lazy.

>>26658965
I was going to go with Seal or Lapras as my sixth pokemon, and kept Wartortle mostly as nostalgia fodder (Squirtle was the first pokemon I ever used).

Although... I might just do what the first Anon said: stop being a little bitch and start grinding.
>>
>>26658675
How are you at such a low level? If you had a full team of six on you at all times then I'd understand if everyone was lv35, but did you really only gain so little exp on the road to the League?
>>
>>26659025
Oh, I'm not at the League yet! I've only won three badges.

Sorry, didn't really make that clear in the post.
>>
>>26659042
Then I don't understand the problem. Why can't you use the lower-leveled monsters as well if you're still early in the game?
>>
>>26659084
I like having all my pokemon at the exact same level, so picking up a new pokemon (especially three of them) involves plenty of grinding.

The next gym I'd be able to challenge would be Erika, whose highest pokemon are at 29, so that's the minimum level I'd have to grind them to. Which is only 15 levels, but it still takes time.

I'll probably commit to my original idea anyway. Can't give up on a self-imposed challenge when things get... I was going to say "hard", but this is more "inconvenient".

Just ignore the final part of my original post.
>>
>>26659125
>15 levels
14 levels, but I was rounding it out to 30.
>>
File: crysteam.png (32KB, 558x559px) Image search: [Google]
crysteam.png
32KB, 558x559px
Crystal, grinding for Chuck because they are weak at the moment
>>
Doing a playthrough of Omega Ruby, trying to use pokemon that I've never used before. So far my team is:

Grovyle
Tentacool
Zangoose

Grovyle is close to evolving, and Zangoose is kicking way more ass than I anticipated. It's attack stat is cray. I'm going to need Tentacool for Flannery soon, but my God, it's SO shit. I mean, I didn't really expect it to be that great given that it's an early route 'mon and it's everywhere, but I didn't expect it to suck as much as it does.

I'm thinking about switching it out for Azumarill after Flannery, thoughts?
>>
>>26659411
Once Tentacool evolves it becomes a straight Spc. D tank. Mine tanked a Psychic from Tate and Liza's Lunatone.
>>
White, going through Victory Road

Emboar 49
Unfezant 46
Musharna 47
Vanilluxe 48
Jellicent 48

On a "use pokemon I've never used before" kick, so with the exception of Emboar, who I wanted to use again for shits and giggles, I've never used anyone on my team.

Musharna: takes hits better than I thought it would. Weak movepool.

Unfezant: crazy crits, but so far it's only been good as a lead since it can't tank shit and I'm playing on set.

Vanilluxe: surprisingly useful. Wound up being a sleeper bro. Starting to see past the dumb ice cream design.

Jellicent: I'm impressed by this one. Never used it before because I usually use Samurott, but I'm glad i did.

Last spot is for Zekrom, since I haven't used a legendary since my original sapphire run when the game first came out in 2003, and I want to give it a shot.
>>
>>26659518
>Musharna: takes hits better than I thought it would. Weak movepool.
Problem you get with most stone evolutions, no movepool beyond tms/pre-evo moves
>>
>>26659581
I actually didn't evolve it until 41, when it leaned dream eater. At the moment it's running psychic, shadow ball, hypnosis, and dream eater, and in post game honestly I'll probably replace dream eater with energy ball and keep hypnosis for catching purposes. It's not a bad pokemon, but it's one of the reasons I try not to use a lot of monotype pokemon. A lot of them can only learn stabs and one or two other things through tms
>>
File: Platinum 2nd Playthrough.png (14KB, 653x163px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum 2nd Playthrough.png
14KB, 653x163px
Restarted both Platinum and White, so here's part one. Using mons I've never tried before, but might use, at most, one previous bro from an old team. In Platinum's case, Gastrodon if Floatzel ends up being too squishy again like my first attempt to use him on my original playthrough. Plus Barry had one since I picked Turtwig and I prefer not using the same ones as my Rival minsu a few exceptions.
>>
>>26660020
>plan rotom
You are able to hack in events right?
>>
>>26660111
Didn't realize his other forms were part of an event in Platinum, but I can just temporarily trade him over to my Soul Silver and get his Fan form at Silph Co then trade him back.
>>
>>26660231
Just thought I'd make you aware
>>
File: A Team.jpg (107KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
A Team.jpg
107KB, 960x539px
In 2016 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These Pokémon promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Lumiose underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire....

the A-Team.
>>
>>26660250
Someone elsewhere said he reverts back to his original form when traded.

I don't understand why GF is so adamant about screwing over a fun unique pokemon in this way.
>>
Doing a Emerald Nuzlocke. Team is:
>Combusken
>Gardevoir
>Azumarill
>Machoke
>Loudred
>Gloom

Got 4 Badges
>>
File: Poketeam.png (130KB, 622x381px) Image search: [Google]
Poketeam.png
130KB, 622x381px
My Platinum Randomizer Team (I ain't doing no Nuzlocke, I suck at those)
>>
File: 1465077772160.jpg (1MB, 1450x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1465077772160.jpg
1MB, 1450x1600px
>>26651368
Trying to catch all the legendaries in Omega Ruby.
-Greninja
-Mawile
-Gardevoir
-Roserade
The last two slots I'm undecided. I'm leveling up the Mudkip I abandoned at the start of the game, as well as Oshawott, Charmander, and the Cyndaquil I got from Birch.
I'll probably use two of these: Slaking, Pangoro, Smeargle, or Metagross (the one from Steven).
>>
Playing Alpha Sapphire
Sceptile
Magneton
Ninjask
Swablu
Slugma
Tentacruel

rate me pham
>>
>>26660340
About to start an emerald nuzlocke too, unsure what starter to go with considering I've used them all a lot
>>
>>26660250
Thanks for the heads up. Made a small adjustment. Looks like two of my Kanto bros are getting their final form.
>>
>>26660498
Started with a mudkip

Currently also have a wurmple on my team.
>>
File: White 2nd Playthrough.png (12KB, 592x200px) Image search: [Google]
White 2nd Playthrough.png
12KB, 592x200px
And here's my team for White
>>
>>26660498
Use RNG.
1-3, you pick treecko
4-6, you pick torchic
7-9, you pick mudkip
0, you box your starter
>>
File: DSC_0126.jpg (3MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0126.jpg
3MB, 3920x2204px
Black version, currently grinding so I can beat the post-game trainers and challenge the Pokemon League again. I didn't even remember how annoying the level spike is in BW. When you beat the league, your team is probably around level 50-54, and then the regular trainers challenge you with level 67 Pokemon. It's ridiculous. You pretty much have no other choice but to kick Audino ass and somehow try to prevent your motivation from dying.

However, Simisage turned out to be a complete killing machine. I hate the monkeys because of their designs, but I wanted to use Mons that I haven't used before so I picked the grass monkey, and goddamn does it wreck shit. This thing is so powerful and has great coverage. Definitely recommended for everyone. I also finally got to use Cryogonal, a Pokemon I've wanted to use for a long time. I originally had a Musharna in my team but replaced it with Cryogonal because I like the snowflake more.

The Dragonite is just for field moves and nothing else. It knows Fly, Surf, Strength and Cut.
>>
>>26661698
>Simisage turned out to be a complete killing machine.

Glad to hear this since I'm using him for the first time >>26661443

Recommended moveset?
>>
>>26657584
>Failing a gen 6 Nuzlocke
Kek, you must be the worst player on the board.
>inb4 b-but I turned off the exp. share
Every trainer is fucking gimped in those games. It is incredible that you could lose a nuzlocke run on XY.
>>
>>26651368
Pokemon OR

Probopass
Solrock
Cradily
Pupitar
Corsola
Archeops

On my way to the 8th gym. Doing this run without Exp Share & Lucky Egg and holy crap its hard
>>
File: 1357964287279.jpg (549KB, 1010x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1357964287279.jpg
549KB, 1010x1036px
Black Nuzlocke

>lv 32 Audino
>lv 31 Scolipede
>lv 31 Pignite
>lv 32 Krokorok
>lv 30 Tirtuga
>lv 22 Dwebble

I'm currently at clay's gym. How BTFO am i going to be?
>>
>>26662145
>Recommended moveset?
Well, depends on what you need since this thing has a great movepool, but I'm personally running Seed Bomb, Acrobatics, Brick Break and Rock Slide. Dig and Shadow Claw / Crunch are also viable options. I definitely recommend running a physical set since there are a lot of Fighting-type opponents in Gen V along with other Mons that give Attack EVs so you can EV train the monkey pretty easily. That's probably a major why Simisage ends up hitting so hard, although mine also has a +Atk nature which is a blessing. Anyway, once it learns Seed Bomb (which happens quite early, by the way) there are no brakes on the rape train. Just click Seed Bomb and watch things die. And even though you can't run an item with it, I definitely recommend Acrobatics for all those Fighting-types and also for its sheer power.
>>
>>26659411
Updoot:

I beat Flannery, my Tentacool is one level away from evolving and my Zangoose is a fucking tank, it's a fantastic addition to the team. I haven't really leveled my Grovyle because I want to evolve Tentacool first and get Zangoose up to at least leavel 30, since Grovyle is already level 33.

I really wanted to have a Sandshrew on my team, but I caught one just now and it's Special Attack and Special Defense stats are fucking atrocious. What do?
>>
>>26651368
Ruby.

>Marshtomp
>Kirlia
>Magnemite
>Swellow
>Breloom
>Numel

R8
>>
>>26660357
Update on my team, I'm trying to level up Satsuki, she's the weakest of the team so far and her low defense isn't doing her any good. I replaced Jasper with a cranidos I named Ryuko.
>>
File: simisage kick.jpg (458KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
simisage kick.jpg
458KB, 1024x768px
>>26662287
Thanks a lot. Mine has a gentle nature and thus lowered defense, so I should be cautious putting him up against Fighting types. I was really stoked to see it learned Seed Bomb since on my last Platinum playthrough I was so disappointed when I learned I couldn't replace my Torterra's Razor Leaf with it until post game.

I may end up shamelessly copying your moveset since after looking at his potential that one is a pretty good "hit hard and fast" setup for him so thanks again.
>>
>>26662416
Give Tentacruel a chance. I've heard he's got a great movepool. Can't say much about the Sandshrew line, besides the Sp. Attack stat being garbage makes sense because he's a physical attacker with a matching movepool. I'd give him a chance too.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Gold team.
>>
>>26662281
>>lv 32 Krokorok
aaaand he's dead
>>
>>26662770
Sorry man, Krookadile is one of my B/W bros so I feel your loss.
>>
I'm playing Platinum for the first time. I stopped playing completely after Diamond and so I chose to use gen 4 pokemon that I couldn't really get during a normal playthrough of Diamond.

My planned team is:
Houndoom
Tangrowth
Mamoswine
Togekiss
Gallade

Houndoom is there because I don't think I ever got a chance to use one except in Colosseum/XD. I also need a water pokemon. I think I'll use either Vaporeon or Octillery.
>>
Beat the Sinnoh E4 yesterday, bumming around the Battle Zone-
57 Kingdra
58 Crobat
56 Rapidash
58 Scizor
57 Gallade
bibarel
>>
>>26651434
Garchomp and weavile
>>
Currently playing Volt White 2, rom hack where all 649 pokemon are present and catchable. Difficulty is also upped a bit and the game actually got way more fun and challenging.

r8 my team, i was lucky enough to catch female riolu on the first try.

gardevoir kinda sucks without the fiary typing. Waifumon is way better in sixth gen.
>>
Emerald Nuz, heading down to dewford

>Whismur
>Dustox
>Shroomish
>Mudkip
>>
>>26651368
Just started playing White. I just passed the first gym
>Tepig called Huotai, Lv. 14
>Lilipup called Emperador, Lv. 15
>HM slave Purrloin called Esclava, Lv. 5

I plan on chatching a Venipiede and a Sandile.

I may or may not have to restart because the ROM I downloaded has a bit of an error when going into wild battles. I'll see.
>>
File: PokemonXTeam.png (260KB, 749x550px) Image search: [Google]
PokemonXTeam.png
260KB, 749x550px
>>26651368
Currently replaying Pokemon X
As for the Haxorus, 5 IVs, Adamant nature
I think it was about 500-600 eggs with Masuda
>>
>>26665157
Vaporeon.

It and Houndoom almost destroyed entirely the E4 by themselves in my platinum run
>>
>>26653613
>Josefumi
My nigger
>>
Platinum (2 badges)
Current team
Grotle 23
Ponyta 23
Chingling 22

Any suggestions for water (for surf) and flying (for fly)?
>>
File: floatzel.png (549KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
floatzel.png
549KB, 800x600px
>>26669067
Use Floatzel, best water type 4th gen
>>
File: ASTeam.png (319KB, 766x518px) Image search: [Google]
ASTeam.png
319KB, 766x518px
Replaying Alpha Sapphire, always ended up with a lack of water pokemon as I usually catch stuff earlier in the game or wait for certain pokes later on, but I decided I wanted to take full advantage of the water in Hoenn and catch stuff only found via fishing or diving.
>>
File: gastrodon.png (43KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
gastrodon.png
43KB, 250x250px
>>26669067
I suggest Gastrodon. Water/Ground so only weak to grass, good Sp Attack to utilize Surf, alright defense and good sp def, has storm drain as a possible ability, and comes in two colors/designs.
>>
>>26669067
>>26669369
Also (even though it's anecdotal) Gastrodon was my ringer for taking down Cynthia's Garchomp with Ice Beam and holding a Nevermeltice.
>>
>>26669369
>>26669407
Thanks, I considered Gastrodon but I already have Torterra for Ground type. I've used one before too. Great Pokemon but I'll try something new.
>>
Probably going to start a mono-bug run in white 2 after looking at the pokedex and bug mons are spread out almost perfectly for a mono run. Might use a flygon as an honorary bug
>>
File: 1465092436351.png (341KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1465092436351.png
341KB, 512x512px
>>26660359
really need suggestions familia
>>
File: image1.jpg (1MB, 2448x2096px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
1MB, 2448x2096px
Started a mono grass playthrough of White, planning to use Virizion as my final party member. Tirtouga is there just for surf/strength and I haven't come up with a nickname for Servine yet.
>>
File: g5team.png (90KB, 422x305px) Image search: [Google]
g5team.png
90KB, 422x305px
First gen 5 playthrough in a while. I love this team.
>>
File: dppt team.png (8KB, 250x181px) Image search: [Google]
dppt team.png
8KB, 250x181px
Still in Jubilife city on pearl. Took me a couple weeks to finally catch a shiny budew, even if I was looking for a shiny shinx.
>>
>>26669894
I'd go with Slacking and Pangoro. Don't know enough about Smeargle and you already have steel and psychic coverage, so no need for Metagross.
>>
File: HoennTeam.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HoennTeam.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: PicsArt_06-09-03.08.39.jpg (171KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_06-09-03.08.39.jpg
171KB, 2048x1536px
Currently playing Alpha Sapphire and I enjoy shiny hunting
>>
X Version:
Garchomp
Alakazam (Mega)
Azumarill
Ambipom
Rotom (Fire form)
Aegislash
>>
>decide to finally replay Y due to all the Greninja hype
>obtain Froakie
>Careful
>Adamant
goddammit game stop trolling me
>>
File: Current team - Castelia City.png (9KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Current team - Castelia City.png
9KB, 256x384px
Managed to progress a bit through White. Caught a Venipiede/Whirlipede and a Tympole/Palpitoad, of which the latter is the first time I ever use it, same with Herdier.
I'm trying to decide what to use next. Maybe I'll try to get, later into the game, a Golett and a Pawniard.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
im at battle 50 of Mt Battle in Colosseum
>>
File: White 2nd Playthrough ver2.png (16KB, 522x200px) Image search: [Google]
White 2nd Playthrough ver2.png
16KB, 522x200px
>>26672954
>Maybe I'll try to get, later into the game, a Golett and a Pawniard.
That's who I'm going for too. Was going to try a Scrafty but changed my mind as I didn't want to double dip with fighting type.

Currently at Elesa and I am NOT looking forward to her fight as it's my lowest point of the game, especially with my current team.
>>
File: red++ hard mode team.png (219KB, 1048x2574px) Image search: [Google]
red++ hard mode team.png
219KB, 1048x2574px
Just finished Red++ on hard mode. Even with my somewhat over-leveled team it was a bitch.
>>
>>26658914
Who is that bat dude?
>>
>>26674096
Noivern
>>
>>26673869
Holy fuck, what a coincidence.
Well, I soon have to fight Elesa, too, but luckily I'm covered with Palpitoad and Pignite with Rollout. I'm going to try to overlevel them a bit so at least her Emolga doesn't fuck Pignite in the first turn with Acrobatics.
>>
>>26674106
Thank you!
>>
File: 1460912843931.jpg (91KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1460912843931.jpg
91KB, 736x736px
>>26674107
>Acrobatics
Shit, don't scare me like that anon. I had to double check but thankfully her Emolgas only have Aerial Ace as a flying move. And yeah, I have Pignite's Rollout, Whirlipede's Iron Defense + Poison Point ability since all her attaks are physical, and I taught Dig to Tirtouga as a last resort. If that doesn't work, I'll grind Whirlipede to evolve and get Baton Pass to try and wall her with some iron defense on Pignite or Tirtouga.

Good luck with your fight against her.
>>
>>26674458
For once I'm glad I got my facts wrong. I could have sworn one of Elesa's pokémon had it but it seems I confused it with Skyla's pokémon. Volt Switch is still going to be a pain, too, though.

Sounds like a good plan. In my case, if it gets really difficult, I'll do what I did the last time and get a Boldore. But that's just Plan Despair.

Good luck to you, too.
>>
File: oras team.png (251KB, 871x659px) Image search: [Google]
oras team.png
251KB, 871x659px
this was the team that i beat the elite four with on omega ruby
linoone actually wasn't a HMbro and minun was one of the best pokemon on my team
>>
>>26674622
Top tier taste just for breloom
>>
>>26657278
>Crustle

ma nigga, great taste, fucker carried me all the way through Gen V
>>
>>26673085
>keeping umbreon

top pleb
>>
>>26655343
underage please go
>>
>>26669067
just use crobat for flying
>>
File: bw2 team.png (15KB, 250x181px) Image search: [Google]
bw2 team.png
15KB, 250x181px
>>26670320
Oh yeah, and i'm about to finish another run too.
>>
Just lost a team. I was just outside of Crystal's Victory Road and I shut down for the night. Forgot to save, ended up back in goldenrod to get the squirtbottle.
Meganium
Togetic
Venomoth
Sudowoodo
Electrode
Seaking
They will never be champions, not sure how to get back into a groove because this is the second time in a row I've fucked up a save.
>>
File: plat team.png (176KB, 1196x349px) Image search: [Google]
plat team.png
176KB, 1196x349px
Currently Nuzlocking Platinum

I have to face Gardenia and I am scared.

Also I'm not sure if Buneary is 'legal' in my team, since I caught it in Eternia Forest, so it wasn't my first encounter because they first time you go through the forest you can't catch pokemon.
>>
>>26676153
That's rough man but I am curious how you made it from Goldenrod to Victory Road without saving once.

>>26676284
I think your Bunery is legit. After all you weren't physically able to catch anything so it's not like you were trying to cheat the system during the team-up with that chick in eterna forest.

Simply put, if your ability to catch pokemon is disabled due to something out of your control, then so is the catching rule until the former is restored.
>>
>>26656535
I personally really enjoy them. Do you have a picture of all the teams or something?
>>
>>26656535
I commend your effort. I just beat Lance on a second playthrough not too long ago without any Ice types or moves and it was a major hassle. I didn't like the idea of banging my head against a wall until it falls by repeatedly challenging E4 expecting to lose (and make my mons hate me), but HG/SS is was pushing it with its level curve and Lance's three underleveled Dragonites.
>>
>>26676284
>>26676364
You CAN catch a wild Pokemon even with Cheryl accompanying you. You simply have to leave one of the two wild encounters alive for you to catch. Not saying Buneary isn't legit though.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Just beat platinum with this team
>>
>>26676921
>using a box legendary unironically

kill yourself
>>
>>26676934
Here's a (you)
>>
>>26676921
>Giratina
JUST
>>
>>26676921
Excellent taste.
>>
>>26676364
I am a piece of trash who emulated it at 400% speed, but it was an emulator I'm not used to so I guess I fucked up
>>
>>26676950
every other person here agrees with him
>>
>>26677082
People who hate on Charizard and box legends are worse than the people who do. Say what you will, but People who only hate them either battle competitively or hate them just because they're popular.
>>
File: bestrgrindroutehgss.png (40KB, 729x446px) Image search: [Google]
bestrgrindroutehgss.png
40KB, 729x446px
Oh for you guys struggling in HGSS for pokemon league grind, go to the safari route, go up the waterfall, and you'll get some great grinding there. Pic related are the level distributions. The milktanks alone will give you 1000 exp per battle.
>>
I need help making a team for black version.

I plan on picking using:
Samurott
Galvantula
Golurk
Hydreigon
???
???

I can't decide what the last two mins will be. I was thinking of one being either Chandelure or volcarona but I can't decide.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Playing Red. Trying to go with mons I've never used (except Hitmonlee. He was my first level 100 as a kid, so using him for nostalgia's sake).

I have a Venemoth on standby, but boxed because it's essentially the same typing as Hypno. But he's OP as fuck, so debating on switching them.

Probably going to end up using Seel as a water type, not sure what the 6th member will be. Suggestions welcome
>>
>>26677078
It might be best to set a "save" timer. I lose track of time when using the speed up feature of emulators. Say every 30 mins - 1 hour.

>>26677133
Nice I'll definitely remember it for next time I do a playthrough (or if I lose my mind and attempt a SS nuzlocke.) I'm guessing Mt. Silver or just rematch E4/gym leaders are the best grind spots for post game?
>>
>>26677144
I would swap hypno for venomoth, throw seel or Lapras in there then use either Arcanine, nine tails or nidoking/queen
>>
>>26677143
I'd say the double bug coverage will serve you better against the psychic and dark members of the E4, so my vote is Volcarona (even though Chandelure is one of my B/W bros.)
>>
>>26677166
Yes.
>tfw been a lazy fuck and don't want to do the long grind for red
I might just transfer everyone already I might want to catch some region exclusives since I'm trying to catch em all in ORAS.
>>
File: reborn.png (80KB, 775x618px) Image search: [Google]
reborn.png
80KB, 775x618px
Pokemon Reborn team. Anxiously waiting for episode 16
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2404x1969px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2404x1969px
Can I get some opinions on my HG team? I'm going to grind Quagsire and Quilava a bit before battling Jasmine - I just healed the Ampharos.
Also only just realised my entire team is male, I did not do this on purpose.
>>
>>26677204
I'll keep that in mind. I still can't decide on the last slot for the party, however.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 960x685px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 960x685px
>>26677299
It's god like anon
>>
File: shantae_by_supereva01-d85idbb.jpg (105KB, 769x1038px) Image search: [Google]
shantae_by_supereva01-d85idbb.jpg
105KB, 769x1038px
>>26660255

Classy as fuck
>>
File: bw sprites.png (473KB, 900x465px) Image search: [Google]
bw sprites.png
473KB, 900x465px
>>26677239
>I'm trying to catch em all in ORAS
Same here, actually. I'm at 636 I believe so most of the hard stuff is over. Did some transfers and used my extra evolutionary stones in Platinum and W/W2 before restarting. Oddly enough, I'm missing around 15-20 from each gen, except gen 3 where I just need Groudon and Milotic. Good luck.

>>26677301
You could always roll for it here to make it interesting.
>>
>>26662281
THIS ANON AGAIN

>lv 30 Zebstrika
>lv 37 Emboar
>lv 37 Venipede
>lv 37 Audino
>lv 37 Carracosta
>lv 28 Litwik
>>
>>26677386
Rolling
>>
>>26677444
That roll was shit let's try again
>>
>>26677386
I sat and made a list of stuff I need and wew it's a lot
http://pastebin.com/anDwzhTY
I did the hoenn dex first which I completed thanks to some wifi trading and my brother with a ruby cartridge but the rest is gonna be a challenge. Oh dumb question, do you need event legends to complete it like mew,darkrai,etc?
>>
>>26677682
>do you need event legends to complete it like mew,darkrai,etc?
Bulba says you don't need event pokemon for completion and the shiny charm which is nice. They are being given out all year though so a guy like me still wants them.

I'm having a little extra trouble with completion since, if I can, I want the boxes filled up with each evolutionary stage. I usually end up trading my only copy of something on GTS so I end up doing more breeding to fill in the spaces.
>>
>>26677268
Is omicron as edgy as reborn?
>>
>>26677738
Okay good this shouldn't be so bad then. People don't like to admit it but X has a great pokemon spread which is where most of this stuff can be found,
>>
>>26677496
Who'd you get? I wasn't sure if you were skipping any in particular so based on your two rolls I figured you got Seismitoad and then Foongus.
>>
>>26678273
I'm not doing seismetoad cause I've got Samurott which is why I rerolled
>>
>>26676839
>You CAN catch a wild Pokemon even with Cheryl accompanying you. You simply have to leave one of the two wild encounters alive for you to catch.

Welp, I must be dumb. I didn't try that.
>>
>>26677319
thanks batman.
>>
>>26677239
>>26677386
>tfw still a couple hundred off
Got them all in X, just need to breed and transfer across really. All apart from Moltres but I have a plan for that too
>>
Diamond post E4
Lucario
Crobat
Torterra
Espeon
Salamence
can't decide if i want a lapras or tyranitar for last slot
>>
Emerland Nuzlocke, about to face Watson

>Marshstomp
>Loudred
>Shroomish

Bit of a bare team, hoping for a few nice picks in the routes coming up
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Obtained Seel and swapped my Hypno for Venemoth. Any suggestions for a 6th member?
>>
File: Team Y.png (232KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Team Y.png
232KB, 640x400px
>>26651368
Playing Y again waiting for SuMo. Using mons I like, but I still can't decide on a Ghost type. ANy suggestions?
>>
>>26681566
Rotom
>>
SoulSilver

Typhlosion
Crobat
Kingdra
Scizor
Mamoswine
Jolteon
>>
>>26681082
>Numel and Torkoal in the next 2 routes
Which one should I add?
>>
>>26681566
>SuMo
>>
Volt White 2 Playthrough
Salamence
Serperior
Ampharos
Lucario
Azumarill
Krookodile
>>
>>26681634
I would prefer somebody to cover type weakness I'm missing, like... Ghost, or dragon maybe?
>>26681979
What seems to be the problem, officer?
>>
>>26682961
Rotom is ghost.
>>
>>26681935
I'd pick Torkoal since you already have ground coverage and he learns Flamethrower and Body Slam pretty early on, plus he should already have Curse and then learns Amnesia later so you can have a tank in case someone needs healing mid battle.
>>
>>26682961
You could always use Ice Rotom since he's electric/ice, can learn ghost moves, and have Blizzard against dragons.
>>
>>26683028
Have gone with Torkoal, curse + quiet nature certainly were boosts
>>
File: qv2Y1ZD.jpg (740KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
qv2Y1ZD.jpg
740KB, 2448x2448px
>>26681082
>>26681935
>yfw you get selfdestructed
>>
File: 1461482950136.jpg (31KB, 555x644px) Image search: [Google]
1461482950136.jpg
31KB, 555x644px
>>26651762
cerulean cave or victory road, but you should really replace pikachu with jolteon or zapdos.
>>
>>26651368
I haven't played in months. I've actually become disenchanted with monster taming, ever since I realised I'm the weak link in the chain. I want to be strong enough to not hold my monsters back.
>>
File: 1439439951461.jpg (105KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1439439951461.jpg
105KB, 900x900px
>>26683269
Brutal
>>
Playing cloud white
Squirtle
Mareep
Just entered pewter city
>>
File: ByQtWadg.jpg (79KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
ByQtWadg.jpg
79KB, 680x680px
Bumping with team update. About to grind a little before laying smackdown on Flannery
>>
File: Nuz Team.png (502KB, 735x875px) Image search: [Google]
Nuz Team.png
502KB, 735x875px
This is my current Platinum Nuzlocke Team. Told myself not to restrict myself to the conventional six and alternate around when appropriate. I have others lying around but these guys get the most love. Every water type I tried to train but my Bibarel has died unfortunately so he's HM slaving as hard as he can.

R.I.P the bottom three. Ballsacc, Kars and Shiza will be missed.

r8 me
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.