[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the sun emissary >psychic/steel wtf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 19

>the sun emissary
>psychic/steel

wtf
>>
>>26648429
>original poster
>unoriginal post

wtf
>>
>>26648429
He's astronaut.
>>
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Doom_Desire_(move)
>>
>people are not allowed to do something unexpected and strange, because of muh conformity to vast culture
>>
he will have a burst synergy mode where he is pure fire
>>
>>26648636
>Jirachi is a star
>same type as Solgaleo
>the sun is a star

Could this mean...?
>>
>>26648429
>based on a saying in Alchemy involving a lion and the sun that has to do with an acid that dissolves all metal except for gold
>>
File: Moon is Clouds.jpg (49KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Moon is Clouds.jpg
49KB, 640x1136px
>>26649185
Yes, and
>>
>>26649185
yes.
Mozart is alive
>>
>>26648429
https://distillatio.wordpress.com/2013/10/16/the-green-lion-eating-the-sun-physical-alchemy-or-something-else/comment-page-1/

In the pokedex entry from the official site it says that legends tell he is able to devour the sun.
>>
The Sun is white is not a fireball.
>>
>>26649255
what is this, a lunar shit.
>>
The sun is also not a lion, OP.
>>
>>26648429
He's still the coolest looking boxmon we've had ever since Gen 2
>>
>>26648429
the sun is hydrogen, not fire

also solgaleo looks like an astronaut so steel type and psychic has always been space type
>>
>>26648429
>emissary of the prophets
>human

Why not Bajoran?
>>
I'm glad most of /vp/ finally get it. Shame on u OP
>>
>>26651863
>the sun is hydrogen, not fire
>implying fire is solely literal fire and isn't an all encompassing type for fire, lava, heat, the sun, hot weather, and even explosions etc.
>implying it's a good thing they keep reinforcing psychic as "space type"
>MORE psychic legendaries
Solgaleo should've been steel/fire desu.
>>
>>26648429
They needed a Cosmic-type that denotes Pokemon related to asteroids, stars, celestial bodies, or the vacuum of space
>Lunatone = Rock/Cosmic
>Solrock = Rock/Cosmic
>Latias = Dragon/Cosmic
>Latios = Dragon/Cosmic
>Jirachi = Cosmic
>Dialga = Steel/Cosmic
>Palkia = Water/Cosmic
>Cresselia = Psychic/Cosmic
>Solgaleo = Fire/Cosmic
>>
>>26652184
no
>>
>>26652184
What do the Latis have to do with space?

Clefable, Beeheyem, Deoxys would fit
>>
>>26648429
Let's hope they treat the emissary of the sea better.
>>
>>26652250
>"Eon Pokemon"
They are telephathic beings that are thought to have lived for longer than recorded history, suggesting they are extra-terrestrial in nature. And yes, Deoxys too, I mistyped. But they kinda isolated Clefairy in the Fairy group already, and Beeheyem is a Simon Says toy.
>>
>>26648636
i have déjà vu when i hear that attack name, like ive heard it from somewhere else like yugioh or something idk, it just sounds very familiar
>>
What we need to do now is figure out if Solgaleo and Lunala have anything to do with the AZOTH project. Because AZOTH is another word for mercury, which is what Solgaleo represents
>>
>>26648429

You're several days late.
>>
>>26652357
>Beeheyem is a Simon Says toy.
It's based on a B.E.M. or Bug Eyed Monster, basically its based on a common alien you would see in media, small, grey, big black eyes, etc..
>>
>>26652479
"Azoth is the essential agent of transformation in alchemy. It is the name given by ancient alchemists to Mercury, the animating spirit hidden in all matter that makes transmutation possible."

"Azoth was considered to be a universal medicine or universal solvent sought in alchemy[1] (similar to another alchemical idealized substance, alkahest, that like azoth was the aim, goal and vision of many alchemical works). Its symbol was the Caduceus and so the term, while originally a term for an occult formula sought by alchemists much like the philosopher's stone, became a poetic word for the element mercury. The name is Medieval Latin, an alteration of azoc being originally derived from the Arabic al-zā'būq "the mercury"."

"In his book Transcendental Magic, Eliphas Levi wrote: "The Azoth or Universal Medicine is, for the soul, is supreme reason and absolute justice; for the mind, it is mathematical and practical truth; for the body it is the quintessence, which is a combination of gold and light. In the superior or spiritual world, it is the First Matter of the Great Work, the source of the enthusiasm and activity of the alchemist. In the intermediate or mental world, it is intelligence and industry. In the inferior or material world, it is physical labor. Sulfur, Mercury, and Salt, which, volatized and fixed alternately, compose the Azoth of the sages. Sulfur corresponds to the elementary form of Fire, Mercury to Air and Water, Salt to Earth."

Looks like we will have a ton of reference to alchemy with the plot this time around, and we may just get out first little taste of the alchemy basing with the Volcanion movie.
>>
File: ancestor of bro.png (1KB, 240x252px) Image search: [Google]
ancestor of bro.png
1KB, 240x252px
>>26648429
Hey guys, did you know that the "SUN" Pokemon is weak to fire? Kek.
>>
>>26653317
It's also weak to "GROUND" when the sun isn't even on the ground??
>>
File: Lion-eating-sun.jpg (211KB, 983x971px) Image search: [Google]
Lion-eating-sun.jpg
211KB, 983x971px
>>26648429
It's origins come from Medieval alchemy.

the Beast who devours the Sun is the alchemical symbol for the purification of metal.
>>
>>26648429
>>the sun emissary
>>psychic/steel

First of all am emissary is a representative and not a direct line. Humans can be representative of things and it doesn't mean they ARE what they represent.

Anyway, they're based on alchemy crap right? Let me explain:

The lion eats the sun, its a metaphor.
The lion represents stupidity, ignorance, impurity etc. The Sun represents the opposite of those things. So the lion eats the sun to remove itself from impurities by gaining wisdom. This can be taken further into the physical aspects of what is happening, the lion was supposedly green metal etc. Full of some toxic shit I forget, so it consumes the sun and purifies its own metallic properties.

Metals ARE within the sun, they may not make up the majority of it - but a lot of it is there. The metal that comes FROM the sun is still essentially the sun and would instantly mean the metal is pure. Solgaleo does in fact represent both halves of the alchemical "metaphor".

As a secondary effect, Solgaleo instantly represents the physical realm and Lunala represents the spiritual realm. The moon is just a reflection of the sun, so the reflection of the physical realm is the spiritual realm. Look at the design of Lunala, its wings are basically a dimensional gateway to space. It's also been chosen to look like a phantom.

Ghost types are more representative of the spiritual realm, Dark types are more representative of evil. Ghost =/= Evil.

This is where Marshadow comes in, but until we see something more of it I'm not going to make a comment on it.

Boom, explanation fully delivered.
>>
>>26653262
now I finally understand Beeheyem's name.
>>
>>26652333
>tfw still no 3rd OVA on crunchyroll

it hurts
>>
>>26653340
MOMENTO MORI
>>
File: sol.jpg (42KB, 432x444px) Image search: [Google]
sol.jpg
42KB, 432x444px
>>26648429
You serious, OP? How ignorant are you?
>>
>>26653488
also the psychic typing, in case anyone was wondering.

Psychic is higher intelligence/telepathy and cosmos related in the pokemon realm. It would make sense to put psychic on all space or intelligence related pokemon.
>>
File: nidobro.png (1KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
nidobro.png
1KB, 240x240px
>>26653332
And it is weak to dark, despite being super bright!

And Ghosts, even though Ghosts dissapear during the day!
>>
>>26653340
>the penis
MODS, THEYRE POSTING SOLGALEO LUDES
>>
>>26653522
>alive
I was under the assumption that ghost are an all day paranormal thing
>>
>>26653497
Memento*
>>
>>26653522
>And it is weak to dark, despite being super bright!
Black Holes > Any star
>>
>>26652333
>Lugia
>Kyogre
>Manaphy
>Phione

I think we've had enough
>>
>>26653640
Between the image and the way those were worded, I think it's safe to say he was joking.
>>
>Solgaleo=Sun=/=""Fire""
>Lunaala=Moon=/=""Dark""

Soo, 3rd Legendary FROM THE SPACE. = Fire/Dark EarthCore?

Pokemon GO/Earth legendary :^}
>>
So what is a Mold Breaker Steel Type move going to do exactly?
>>
>>26653756
Kill the terror of ubers: Shedinja
>>
>>26653778
good, because unless it actually does learn some fire moves, it's fucked without it
>>
>>26653756
I'm more interested in mold breaker ghost. It'll be a great answer to lugia, the only relevant uber significantly affected by mold breaker.
>>
>>26653286
>>26653488
>Xerneas
>Yveltal
>Zygarde
>Primal Groudon
>Primal Kyogre
>Volcanion
>Solgaleo
>Lunala

BUT HOW DOES IT ALL COME TOGETHER TO MAKE AZOTH?
>>
>>26648429
The Sun is mostly made of metals and spits out metals constantly.
>>
I don't really mind the steel typing but I'm sort of tired of all these psychic legends. We have so many psychic legends.
>>
>>26653812
Well, We've had Mold Breaker Ice for a while in Kyurem-White. It doesn't threaten an OHKO without Specs or a Life Orb though, even with Blizzard coming off 170 SpA.

It might be a better answer than Kyurem, but it isn't an unprecedented one.
>>
>>26653858
Fucking this, enough with the Psychic legendaries already. I could maybe tolerate Lunaala being Psychic but both is ridiculous.
>>
>>26653505
The two of them also have third eyes on their foreheads, third eyes typically being used to indicate that something has psychic abilities.

"The "third eye" is referred to as the spiritual eye, the intuitive eye, or the eye of the soul. It is associated with the brow chakra (or Ajna chakra) which facilitates intuition and extra sensory perception. The third eye is depicted on the forehead of Shiva, and is symbolic of the inner eye that sees all things within a cosmic perspective."

"In Dreaming the meaning of eyes indicates an opening into a new dimension. This is symbolic of your vision clearing and focusing in on a new direction. It may also indicate your ability to see past what is common and spiritually arrive to the point where your inner vision perceives all things in their divine glory - even the simplest of things become imbued with an exquisite quality inherent in all nature."
>>
>>26653778
Shedinja is a terror in ubers?
>>
>>
metagross confirmed men
>>
>>26654064
If your name is Kyogre, Deoxys, Xerneas, Palkia, or Dialga, then yes.
>>
>>26653849
"The term was considered by occultist Aleister Crowley to represent a unity of beginning and ending by tying together the first and last letters of the alphabets of antiquity;[2] A/Alpha/Alef (first character of Latin, Greek & Hebrew), Z (final character in Latin), O as Omega (final character in Greek) and Th as Tau (final character in Hebrew). In this way permeation and totality of beginning and end was symbolised to consider the supreme wholeness and thus the universal synthesis of opposites as a 'cancellation' (i.e. solvent) or cohesion (i.e. medicine), and in such a way is similar to the philosophical "absolute" of Hegel's dialectic. Crowley further made reference in his works referring to Azoth as "the fluid" calling it the universal solvent or universal medicine of the medieval alchemical philosophers, as a unifier or unification of a certain extreme instance beholden to a contradict, unreconcilable nature if otherwise sought apart of the philosophical ideal of Azoth."

I really don't understand a majority of the last few sentences but from what I gather Project AZOTH was possibly meant to bring forth a new world, one perfectly balanced between the beginning and the end. Either that or either Team was working to make an elixir of life, also known as a way to get immortality.

I'm not really sure how or if Volcanion could fit into the equation but the others check out pretty well. Xerneas is able to create or extend life, Yveltal is able to destroy life and leave ruin, Zygarde is in charge of keeping the two concepts in balance. Primal Groudon is capable of causing an end to the world while Primal Kyogre is able to start the world anew, Rayquaza being in charge of stopping the two of them and keeping the world in balance. Meanwhile we now have Solgaleo who alchemically is seemingly able to purify the soul or mind, Lunala being able to possibly guide the soul to the afterlife, and then who knows with the third legendary.
>>
>>26653498
Stop this stupid meme
>>
File: phi_3-9-16_bikini_small.jpg (54KB, 323x541px) Image search: [Google]
phi_3-9-16_bikini_small.jpg
54KB, 323x541px
>>26653497
>>26653604
IF THE NINETH LION ATE THE SON
>>
>>26648429
>marshadow will never be a giant kraken legendary
>tentacruel won't get a mega in gen 6
sad day to be a squid
>>
>>26652357
>recorded history

I've heard it all now. I guess history had been written from the moments Earth came into being.
Watch out so you dont fall off of this huge flat Earth, retard.
>>
>>26649251
Then why isn't he Poison?
>>
File: disasterous.png (79KB, 406x500px) Image search: [Google]
disasterous.png
79KB, 406x500px
>thinking the sun is made out of fire

Also the "beast that devours the sun" part is probably a reference to alchemy
>>
File: 6874652367.jpg (169KB, 1065x902px) Image search: [Google]
6874652367.jpg
169KB, 1065x902px
>faggots itt: trying to put science on pokimens

KYS
>>
File: d9f1553077[1].png (25KB, 1145x404px) Image search: [Google]
d9f1553077[1].png
25KB, 1145x404px
>>26652184
Sound type would've made more sense as a type to add in Gen 6 or now. I'm still pissed that they just have an ability to block Sound type, but it isn't an official type, especially because there are like 30 Pokemon that would fit the type, and 20 moves.
>>
>>26653858
I wouldn't have a problem with Psychic as long as they don't nerf the type every gen
>>
>>26648636
Doom Desire sounds so evil, like a Dark type move.
>>
>>26648429
You retard I'd bet my left nut that you're one of those kids that believe the Sun is made of fire, maybe if you weren't bullied at school (because you deserved it) you would have listened that psychics are what make the sun alive and then releases it's light and heat to the rest of the Solar System.
>>
People keep saying the alchemy shit, but to me it sounds more like Barong.

Barong is the white-haired lion of light, whose fur is adorned with precious stones and gilded mirrors to reflect the sun's rays against his enemies.

Likewise for Lunala and Rangda (Rangda, the witch queen of the demons, who takes the form of flying vampires missing their lower extremities who come at night to steal men's lives)
>>
>>26655058
If it was an alchemical lion it would need to be poison/steel
>>
File: 1463701310634.png (2MB, 1174x1762px) Image search: [Google]
1463701310634.png
2MB, 1174x1762px
>>26654140
Wow
>>
>>26654309
>directly reference the sun eating lion on the site
>thinking people talking about it being a reference to the sun eating lion will end

that's a funny joke
>>
>>26655058
You know... a thing can have multiple inspirations right?

It got the design from Barong, and the typing from the sun eating lion.
>>
>>26652103
Fire, as what you see when burning something, is a chemical reaction.

The sun is made up of mostly hydrogen, which i so hot that it is in the form of plasma.

Are you shitposting or just an idiot, either way it is sad that you have nothing else to do.
>>
>>26654715
Sound based moves are a subcategory of moves, just like punch moves and pulse moves are a thing.
>>
>>26655925
Nuclear fusion is a reactive process you retard. Fire is the pariculate of the reactors, and the sun has plenty of that shit.
>>
File: saberleomon.jpg (136KB, 500x457px) Image search: [Google]
saberleomon.jpg
136KB, 500x457px
>>
>>26655925
He obviously meant the fire TYPE isn't solely literal fire. That's why we have fire-castform, Rotom-Heat, Magcargo, Volcarona and victini.
>>
Just hate that his typing is shit...Psychic/Steel physical attacker? Metagross doesn't need a brother...this guy will be dirt in Users and meh in OU because Mega-Metagross
>>
>>26649802
the moon is clouds
>>
File: new types.jpg (568KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
new types.jpg
568KB, 1600x1200px
when will GF listen to us?
>>
>>26659909
When will you listen to us and neck yourself?
>>
>>26648429
Still wanna fuck him hard though
>>
He is so majestic, none can compare with him or his girth
>>
Have you praised the sun today /vp/?
Or are you a filthy Moon degenerate?
>>
>>26659657
If it gets Flare Blitz, it'll blow Metagross the fuck out.
>>
>>26659909
>all dual types
you fucked up.
>>
>>26653858

>Most Legendaries are at least part Psychic.
>The type is nerfed to compensate.
>Meanwhile all non-legendary Psychics suffer.

Fuck.
>>
>>26648440
Underrated post.
>>
>>26659909

>Klefki
>Sound-type

You wot m8?
>>
>>26660404
I'm excited to get another Psychic-type box legend since we've only had one other (Lugia).

In Ubers, the only Psychic types are Deoxys, Mewtwo, Lugia, and Hoopa-U. I welcome the potential for more powerful Psychic types.
>>
>>26655925

The sun has always been associated with fire dumbass, even within the Pokemon franchise. So "hurr the sun isn't real fire" shit can fuck off.
>>
File: 1462936483.zerofox1000_solgaleo.png (761KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1462936483.zerofox1000_solgaleo.png
761KB, 900x900px
>>26660252
Let's get lewder
>>
>>26648429
Gonna name mine Liger Zero
>>
>>26661403
Gonna name mine like your mom calls you when I ride her, My Retard Son.
>>
>>26661484
You're pretty cool anon.
>>
>>26660252

Praise Both.
>>
>>26661503
No I'm not. I shouldn't have told you those terrible things, I'm sorry.
>>
>>26661527
No worries anon. I love you.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.