[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP Ballio. Time for an eye exam, /vp/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 38

File: eye_exam_0.png (2MB, 2156x1179px) Image search: [Google]
eye_exam_0.png
2MB, 2156x1179px
Hey /vp/ artfag here. How any of you can actually believe Ballio & co. are real is beyond me. At first glance you should be able to tell by the art style that it is done by your generic fakemon deviantautist.

I get it, you guys all qualify as designers by liking edgy fakemon designs and trashing any official ones. Let's not forget wottergate how you guys would pick apart Samurott for not making any sense design-wise. Yet some of you legitimately think Ballio's design is acceptable.

It's amazing how this board rips to shreds the recent leaks that are the only ones that would actually pass as Sugimori & Ohmura's styles. You guys go through the most ridiculous reasonings to debunk a fake. Comparing body shape in wottergate or failing to count feathers with 3D perspective are NOT reasons to debunk a fake

You guys are still gullible on gen3-tier art styles. It's not that hard to spot poor artwork. And yes, I did believe in the Unova starters, Hawlucha, and Greninja. It’s as easy as simply looking at the art and design. Grab Sugimori’s artbook and educate yourselves on how the Japanese draw their cartoon animals.

TL;DR Ballio only exists as a meme.
>>
delet this
>>
I want to fuck mermaid poplio.
I find it hard to believe they'd make it that feminine though with a 87% male ratio
>>
>Ballio only exist as a meme
Of course, you fucking retard. Nobody believes ballio and pals are real. The only people who claim that they are real are shitposters.
>>
The recent "leaks" are trash, though.
>>
>>26632045
Braixen
>>
>>26632052

OP here. If you look around the Internet, a lot of underagefags took the bait. Post also made in regards to teach /vp/ better debunking methods for future leaks
>>
The autism both in your image and that post were enough to create a black hole of sheer density, ignorance, and undeserved smug superiority strong enough to swallow our solar system in one fell swoop
>>
>>26632052
This. Balliofags are just ex-Roothootfags who were so asspained he didn't turn out real that they've dedicated their entire existence to defending another controversial blatant fake just to be contrarian.
>>
>>26632093
>Carefully dissecting leaks is autism now
Never post on this board ever again.
>>
>>26632001
I used to try to debunk fakes all the time, I've since given up as it just gives them points to improve on, the whole thing is rediculous, why would they leak the 3rd stage first instead of 2nd stage or even both at once?
Just hide and ignore them, they'll stop eventually.
>>
>>26632107
This. It's reasons like these that this board is always stuck on debunking the most retarded leaks
>>
>>26632001
Honestly after people saying Pignite was fake for being a trace of another 'mon and that Samurott had to be fake due to bad perspective I don't trust posts like this
>>
>>26632226
That's because for the unova starters, the reasons were that having similar body shapes meant it was copied. It's as if two Pokemon couldn't have similar body shapes. Read my post again, I said I believed Samurott was real. I made the dissection with perspective in mind. Too many anons on this board suck with perspective
>>
>>26632107
>carefully dissecting=drawing colorful circles around parts of a drawing and adding subjective not to mention whiny complains

Fuckin WEEEEEW LAD
>>
File: you.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>26632295
youre pretty dense anon
>>
>>26632295
>commenting objectively on posture, drawing technique and style discrepancies = whiny
Roothoot/Ballio/Edgehoot fags on suicide watch lol
>>
>>26632001
I agree that Ballio and co. are fake, OP.

But tell me this: do you think Robin Hoot and co. are real? I feel like they could be. An archer owl, to me, is the best fucking starter idea they've ever had, so I admit I kinda want the archer, mermaid and wrestler to be legit.
>>
>>26632001
summing it up:
opinions opinions opinions, I'm a retard
>>
>>26632357
>objectively
go get a dictionary pal
>>
File: No shit Sherlock.png (36KB, 120x114px) Image search: [Google]
No shit Sherlock.png
36KB, 120x114px
>Art fag

Anon, you did realize that the most recent leaks have jpeg artifacts up the ass and are tiny as fuck, didn't you? Which greatly diminishes lineart and shading quality?

You did realize Rowlett's feet on its actual artwork and how it has slightly awkward perspective, did you not?

Or the shading in most general Sun/Moon art that has slightly gone a little bad? (If you know your watercolor, you'll instantly know this)

Or the incredibly cramped supposed "concept arts" of these most recent leaks? And how it looks like they tried to play Tetris with the artwork itself?

Or the tinier thumbnail sketches in the leaks themselves which can't even compare to previous thumbnail sketches of former concept art as well as the Popplio evolution having barely anything worthy of note regarding the pokemon itself compared to the other two which had plenty of Japanese annotations?

Just making sure.

Just to say, I can't confirm or deconfirm these, but you sure have a big bias on the most recent leaks. Taken a fond of the mermaid?
>>
They're all fake though.
>>
>>26632371
Very very likely. I've been mostly right about past leaks for past gens. These new ones seem promising and I'm not even saying their designs are amazing. Even if they are fake however, the artist seems to be very professional. It's been stated that GF designs Pokemon with a collaborative effort w/ constant revision and editing. Most fakemon designs clearly show it was made by a single person. You can see this because there are mixed reviews on the new leaks just like every other official Pokemon design. It doesn't pander by being as edgy as possible. It's a series made for a wide audience, after all. The new leaks shows better signs of multiple minds at work.
>>
File: fowl.jpg (29KB, 333x436px) Image search: [Google]
fowl.jpg
29KB, 333x436px
>>26632430
People have recently posted a more clear image file. Regardless, it looks spot on to me more than any other leak we've had in the past.

I get what you mean. Only a tad bit awkward. They're artists, not robots. Even Sugimori art can be a tad awkward at times. Also, there's no need to be extremely keen on this for a reference sheet. Point is though, even if it's slightly awkward like Diantha's legs, it still looks fine compared to what you see in Ballio & co.

Again, these are reference sheets. Go look at the Mega Sceptile art that I included. Or go Google concept/reference art for other mons. They usually show the official sugimori art WITHOUT the water paint effects.

There's no confirmed rule yet on how cramped a page can be. Who knows, maybe they were designed by Ohmura this time who got too excited.

I don't see what you're trying to say with the last one.

No anon. I do not care about any of these designs. I'm accepting of all Pokemon designs and don't bias between designs. Only artwork.
My point is that anons should at least be gullible to a more believable leak rather than something like pic related
>>
Anyone have bigger concept art of that Mega Sceptile there?
>>
>>26632347
>my post
>dense

>>26632357
>objectively

LOL holy shit it's moments like these I realize I'm arguing with children and autists
>>
File: HNI_0013_MPO.jpg (128KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0013_MPO.jpg
128KB, 400x240px
>>26632454
Thank you for your thoughtful reply.
>>
Someone pick up apart these new ones with nitpicky bullshit like "jagged feathers" and " ugly headmeat". They were fake and always fake but you aren't superior because you made a drawing doing the exact same thing you criticized people for doing to real leaks right in the OP.
>>
>>26632614
>That image

You'd have to be pretty dumb to fall for that one, eh. Plenty of straight giveaways.

And the last point was more about how crudely drawn the tinier, lineart-only sketches look compared to previous small thumbnails. It's easy to make these, but it's harder to pull off detail in these. The particular ones in the recent leak are so simply drawn, I feel like any decent artist could do them. It seems iffy to have so many sketches too, shouldn't concept art provide just about enough information to help as a reference itself instead of having too much irrelevant ones?

And I find it odd how the Tigre and Bow Owl one have their Japanese annotations, which might have important remarks, but the Sea Lion one has barely none? You'd think a design like hers would require some sort of explanation in order to get a feel of her.

And many people have tried to translate these, but the resolution is so low in these, only some people have legitimately translated very few of the actual annotations, only because the Japanese was actually illegible due to the poor resolution. How are we to know if these remarks are even properly written in Japanese?
>>
>>26632001
I agree 100 percent OP.
The underage fuckers on here love to shitpost and piss off reasonable people.
They do it because they are lonely and crave attention.
They will all fade away and die soon.
Even if Popplios evo looks similar, at least Ballio will forever be gone and will go down as the worst ever made fakemon in history
>>
Okay OP, whether you're wrong or right, I'm going to screencap your post and show it to /vp/ in the coming months. Enjoy it.
>>
I find it humorous through all of OP's smug, self important comments and subjective opinions put forth as truth in an attempt to sound like he knows whst he's talking abouy, all he had to do was point out the last group of fakes were done in Sugimori's style with jagged, natural lines when so far as we know the Pokemon art is being done by Ohmura this gen. Instead he nitpicks things like asking how the second Rowlet's legs arent possible or the final Litten evo's neck is too long. The same kind of things people did to all the real leaks.
>>
>>26632001
>tfw you like ballio but you also like robin hoot and rath
>>
I don't think how anyone can even look at the Ballio set and think that's a Gamefreak design. It lacks the natural cartooniness of Ohmura's art.
>>
>>26632952
I actually liked him and Assassin's Creed owl and didn't care abouy Litten's last, but all these new ones are better overall for me. Still can't believe someone made a cooler final evo.
>>
I like Ballio but both me and most other anons posting about him know he isn't real.
He will still go down in history with the likes of sadfish, cactowl and somnignon.
>>
>>26632783
Ah gotcha. But the lineart is professionally done in general. They look simply drawn because they're tiny and, as you stated, cramped onto a single page. The thing is, you can tell a lot of amateur fakemon artists like to use the line tool. Straight edges everywhere. The ones in the recent leaks are sleek, cursive, and show strong signs that the artist is good at drawing japanese animation. Also, I do understand what you mean by too many references. But if you look closely, you'll notice the Bow Owl has a lot of reference because its bow mechanism is very complex. I guess Tigre just has a lot to describe its general fighting style as there are various styles we can assume if we didn't have that much reference. Notice how the Sea Lion one doesn't have much reference in general, because the only thing it has going for it is bubbles. I think the relevancy is just debatable for now.

Yeah, like I just mentioned, it may just have to do with how many features they have. The Sea Lion just tries to look majestic with bubbles everywhere. Its frills and spikes don't do anything. That's at least what I'm assuming

I can make out some of the text like Fire Belt and Tiger Spin. Yeah, it's fair to be skeptical about these leaks too. But the artist would have to be clever as fuck to make it so that only the basic Japanese is legible. But say these were made by a Japanese person using proper grammar, we still wouldn't know for sure. Just tired of seeing people speculate so hard on the more obvious fakes. It's not exactly easy for anyone to just copy Sugimori/Ohmura's style. Too many artists try too hard and end up missing the mark. With the recent leaks, the art is fluid, designs don't pander to a specific audience, and clearly there is more effort put into these than any other leaks we've had
>>
>>26632783
Not that anon but

>And the last point was more about how crudely drawn the tinier, lineart-only sketches look compared to previous small thumbnails. It's easy to make these, but it's harder to pull off detail in these. The particular ones in the recent leak are so simply drawn, I feel like any decent artist could do them.
Crude sketches aren't unheard of when it comes to concept art and reference sheets. The point is to get accross little details about the character, even if it might seem irrelevant to us it might not be to the artist. Even more so if these are supposed to be reference sheets for the anime. Again, if it's anime ref sheets having them be various crude sketches instead of a few, well drawn images of the mons like we got for the starters it makes sense, seeing that they were for the games instead and to be shown alongside the starters themselves on the pokemon page.

>It seems iffy to have so many sketches too, shouldn't concept art provide just about enough information to help as a reference itself instead of having too much irrelevant ones?
Depends on who's doing the work, really. Maybe they got really into it and made as many small sketches as possible for reference usage. Again, even if it seems pointless to us it might have use for the guys working on the anime.

>How are we to know if these remarks are even properly written in Japanese?
While the fact that they're blurry as fuck is true, I can assure you that they're written properly in Japanese. If it was some random idiot doing it, the handwriting would make it blatantly obvious because everything has to follow a strict stroke order that even people studying japanese have trouble executing as naturally as actual nips.
>>
>>26632936
Well, it would only come in handy if Ballio somehow ends up being real. I never stated the recent leaks are real. Use it as you will

>>26632950
I clearly gave my reasons for artwork overall as well as the specific details that you mentioned. Ohmura's art at least resembles Sugimori's. Oh what's that? That's the same kind of thing people did for ALL the real leaks? Just like how roothoot was real when people pointed out the horrendous perspective? If you lurked /vp/ long enough, you'll know that people still hate Samurott's design and a lot of people wish for Ballio & co. to be real. If anons here love fakemon designs more than official ones, what does that say about Ballio to you?
>>
>>26632001
>shitting on based designs
>defending most recent leak with shitty designs
I dont know how you are defending them, i mean take into consideration how unlikely is getting a clear image of those "leaked" evolutions
>>
File: 1391697678070.jpg (48KB, 300x340px) Image search: [Google]
1391697678070.jpg
48KB, 300x340px
>>26632001
They were cancerous designs anyway
Im disgusted by the number of fags who want they starter to turn into humanoid shits instead of good ol' feral beasts
>>
>>26633221
Are you dumb? People did the SE shit for Roothoot too. Nobody believed Roothoot, people are just dumv and fell for the constant shitposting about it. People have nitpicked the shit you nitpicked. But instead of subjective bullshit like Litten's evo's neck being too long (really?) The easy, 100% objective thing to do, if you didnt just want to excercise an unwarranted sense of superiority, was showing the difference between the official Pokemon art we have for SM and comparing that. Rather than a totally unrelated argument that doesnt even bring it up including classics like "How does it even stand?! They're too edgy to be real!"
>>
File: No one will ever know.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
No one will ever know.png
12KB, 560x407px
>>26633221
>You'll know that people still hate Samurott's design

True, at least I've seen a lot of disdain for his design.

>And a lot of people wish for Ballio & co. to be real

Nnnot really. While the designs certainly have gotten a bit of attention, most people are actually hesitant about these, going as far as calling them edgy, calling the panther "literally my mother's puma" and Ballio in particular, either unsettling or too creepy and that's where the It/Pennywise remarks started to appear. People are really quick to assume Ballio would stand at all time, when we're really not sure if he'd rather end up being more like Popplio, but occasionally standing either for punches or whatever the fuck. People also tend to nitpick regarding his expression too.
>>
>>26633238
I'm not stating they're real. Just more believable. This board is full of degenerates that always dream that GF will take the mature route when it never does. I'm not saying Ballio & co. are shit designs. They just don't fit in the Pokemon universe at all. I'm not biased towards any of these designs, just the artwork. Did you ever witness how many gens this board has lost hope on official designs? You think that will change when we usually get 100+ mons per generation???
>>
>>26632001
This happens with every leak that gets posted here tbqh. You'll have faggots reaching so far to defend something that looks nowhere near official.
>>
>>26632687
Kek and you're not a manchild either amirite? Is this your 73rd internet argument won against a autistic underage? Wew lad ur fucking something alright
>>
>>26633390
Just let the ignoramus be, anon. They're too far gone from being saved.

>>26633309
I've looked around various places beyond this board. Too many lurkers pick up on leaks from here actually believing it, and then spread it around like cancer. So basically, all the edgy people talk too much out of their ass and people with actual common sense just don't say enough to officially debunk some of the more obvious fakes. I get that some people are trying to bait, but too many people legitimately get a hard on from fakemons.
>>
>>26632614
>there's no rule for concept art pages! lol
>it's cluttered and jam packed because it's concept!
>ohmura came in his pants drawing these!

They still have to look nice, they are presenting a product. It's a guide for multiple people involved in development to rely on. Concept art isn't just "draw whatever and put it on a large canvas." Most concept art goes unreleased to the general public, but something that is final enough passed around to the rest of the production pipeline as a reference should be neat and orderly.

Look at how orderly the Noivern and Mega Sceptile art pages are compared to those new leaks.

You need Loomis, read the sticky, etc.
>>
/r/ing full size pics of the "new" leak
>>
File: 14652339111838.jpg (709KB, 2156x1179px) Image search: [Google]
14652339111838.jpg
709KB, 2156x1179px
>>26632001
Just Stop.
>>
>>26633663
Archived
>>26621385
>>
File: samurott.png (451KB, 904x639px) Image search: [Google]
samurott.png
451KB, 904x639px
>IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THE NEW LEAKS
>DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S "CLUTTERED IT'S JUST CONCEPT ART

trust me I'm an artfag!
>>
File: frogadier.jpg (66KB, 728x521px) Image search: [Google]
frogadier.jpg
66KB, 728x521px
>>26633606
I agree anon. Which is why I didn't blatantly state the new leaks are legit. I understand what you're saying by presentability. If you look at my post >>26633121
the Sea Lion doesn't look as cluttered as the other two. It's about as cluttered as pic related which isn't even a final stage mon. If you take away the tiny images on the bottom right of Tigre's sheet, it will seem just as presentable. Owl and Tigre are very gimmicky which is the artist's main reason for the clutter. It's just hard to make the comparison with your pic since Noivern doesn't really have any physical gimmicks going for it on other than w/e the dex entry states
>>
>>26633309
>literally my mother's puma
Whats that even supposed to mean?
>>
>>26634474

Don't ask me, ask those who call him that. Apparently, he's just a panther with just a few stripes and that makes him automatically dull.
>>
>>26632001
MOVE ALONG PEOPLE:
OP is just a Robinhootfag.

Look how he did all that work to dispute Ballio then did nothing at all but praise the new leaks and lick the artist asshole even with all those stif, flat looking parts and the Ballio artist shows more skill in energy and depth.

I don't even believe in these guys but don't be rused by some biased anon who could've made this post a long time ago that just wants a bitch seal and Raff from Ben 10 to be the starters.
>>
File: Joe knows what's up.png (32KB, 616x286px) Image search: [Google]
Joe knows what's up.png
32KB, 616x286px
I am not even sure why you guys are debating if the Robinhoot leak is fake or not, when the most reliable member of the community has outright stated that they're fake.
>>
>>26634802
>believing everything Joe "Blaziken is a Legendary" Merrick says
I shiggy diggy
>>
File: Stop goofing around.jpg (17KB, 238x225px) Image search: [Google]
Stop goofing around.jpg
17KB, 238x225px
>>26634859

People sure seem to give him a lot of shit for something that happened 13 years ago, if not more.
>>
>>26632001
yeah no, theyre fake as fuck. i want to believe that ballio is real, though
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 700x459px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 700x459px
>>26632001
I can only imagine the SALT from the creator of these shitmons.

>but muh leaks are circus themed

OP just got you BTFO
>>
OP biased as fuck

Ballio barely has threads now but here they are attacking it and the artist full turkey, while kissing this new artist ass ignoring the awkward evolution path, and the poor art.

>Says not Biased
here's your shit on these new leaks then?
>>
>>26634802
>>26634909
You've posted this cap and your reaction images with cute little autistically labeled filenames in all threads, maybe you should have figured out by now that Joe's word means nothing.
>>
>>26632892
this

just look at how the downsowl posting died off almost instantly after the next batch of fakes started passing around
>>
>>26634953
Ballio makes objectively more sense than fucking Mermaid shit anyway. They're both fake, but Ballio and his fuckbuddies are far more legit looking than Drag Queen and his fellow cucks anyway.
>>
File: Pagliacci-the-clown.jpg (55KB, 496x605px) Image search: [Google]
Pagliacci-the-clown.jpg
55KB, 496x605px
The only reason I would rather have Ballio over the Mermaid is because the Mermaid loses the clown theme.

But if the Tiger turns out to be Fire/Dark and not Fire/Fighting, it has my vote.
>>
The sad thing is, as bad as Ballio is as a leak, it is still the best one we have gotten.

What's wrong with /vp/?
>>
>>26635014
Found the 12 year old.
>>
>>26635054
Ballio leaks have generally better looking art and it has very strong appeal, that's why they are so popular even though they don't follow pokemon.
The artist has a cool style that's why these flew all over the internet.

These leaks are popular on the grounds they really seem like they can be real, but they do have artistic errors.
>>
File: Disgruntled maiden.png (79KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
Disgruntled maiden.png
79KB, 150x200px
>>26632892
>And will go down as the worst ever made fakemon in history

The fuck did he do to you for this kind of reception? I've seen a hell of a lot worse fakemon than him around the internet and I've seen some shit. He may not be the picture of elegance everyone and their mother asked for, that I could already tell by how fast people jumped ship as soon they saw this most recent design clearly overflowing with the same confidence as Serperior, but sheesh louise.
>>
>>26634953
>awkward evolution path
>what is Octillery
>what is Exeggutor
>what is Huntail/Gorebyss

Yeah, I never said the new leaks are based as fck or anything. Lots of complaints have been made by lots of people. For example, would I want another Fire/Fighting? Hell no. Does the sea lion look too feminine? Considering the usual high male gender ratio, yeah. I'm admiring the effort of a clean, professional artstyle. If it's fake, it gives hope that there are people out there that can make convincing leaks. Not these half-assed high school-tier designs that somehow ruse the lot of you. There's no way any other fake from the past was ever better than these in terms of how talented the artist is. In fact, this artist completely blows out a majority of fakemon artists out of the water. You'd be blind as fuck if you think otherwise.

Designs are subjective, I'll give you that. But there's a reason why Sugimori and Ohmura art is distinct and always pops out.
>>
File: 1463059776332.png (101KB, 348x350px) Image search: [Google]
1463059776332.png
101KB, 348x350px
>>26632001
>>
>>26635164
>What are starters
>this artist completely blows out a majority of fakemon artists out of the water. You'd be blind as fuck if you think otherwise
Oh you're ignorant.

But no,stiffness and the kept constant in their art, lack of energy, forced constraints then the lack of professionalism hen they go on to do doodles of these pokemon in interactive action like using a table makes this artist no better or worse than the Ballio artist.
Like yea Ballio and co have loose lines here and there but they atleast have flow and doesn't move like they have muscle distrophy, their use of color is much better transitioned and appealing and the simple fact of how the artist made those juggled bubbles move shows they understand at least simple physics.

This artist work is good yea, but the best or better than most? nah.
They're probably just someone who has allot of practice drawing fakes and they got the pokemon aesthetic down decently and they worked pretty hard on their leak when the Ballio artist looked lie he was barely trying and still tricked half the internet so you can't act as if the guy isn't good.

No one needs you to Ballio is fake but don't tell me this new artist is any better besides going a more believable leak tactic.
>>
>>26632001
Thank you for putting effort into these, because I couldn't believe that there were people who actually thought that Ballio and Co could be real.

The new ones have a lot of effort to it, and the sheets really looks like used in concept art of characters in animations, not only japanese but western too. Also you can clearly see that whoever wrote that stuff in japanese is an actual japanese guy.
>>
File: 250px-652Chesnaught.png (61KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-652Chesnaught.png
61KB, 250x250px
>>26635371
>their use of color is much better transitioned and appealing

Do you realize that all real concept art uses plain colors on purpose? Compare pic related to >>26633706
>>
This is'n't going to stop anything.
Ballio and co reach is way too far now spread as a meme and possibility all around and people aren't gonna spread this just cause.
>>
>>26635504

Use of color is the color palette "What colors and where they choose to place them" isn't the way they tone and shade it.
The Ballio artist has better color palette than this artist.
>>
File: There goes my breakfast.png (100KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
There goes my breakfast.png
100KB, 342x245px
>>26635506

Nigga, Ballio threads have already fucking died.

These most recent leaks are the ones being spread as a goddamn meme now.
>>
File: habibi.jpg (26KB, 275x280px) Image search: [Google]
habibi.jpg
26KB, 275x280px
>>26633706
>filename
>>
File: 1421513372476.jpg (36KB, 481x394px) Image search: [Google]
1421513372476.jpg
36KB, 481x394px
>>26632001

>comparing the new art to gen 1 art
>implying gamefreak only draws things like wings and fire in one style

Retard alert.
>>
>>26635014
>but Ballio and his fuckbuddies are far more legit
There are people who actually believe this.
>>
File: BallioGang.png (2MB, 945x1170px) Image search: [Google]
BallioGang.png
2MB, 945x1170px
>>26635589
>Ballio Threads
>Still thinking 4chan

Yo stupid, Ballio is only like 20 youtube videos, #1 on many fake sun moon evolutions list, like 10 nerd news sites, has multiple post on tumblrs with thousands of likes and reblogs, tweeted by people with hundreds of thousands of following and has dominated knowyourmeme/ifunny and pokemon sections and I've seen it on Spanish Russian and japanese sites and a pretty big plethora of concept art.

You can't really backtrack that with this.
>>
>>26635558
Even color palette is different in final artworks. Artwork Chestnaught has a much less saturated shade of green, and its claws have two different brown tones, not related to shading at all.
I don't think comparing color use in a leak that tries to mimic official artwork vs. a leak inspired in concept art is a fair point.
>>
>>26635371
Do you even know what half of those words you used imply or did you just slap some random adjectives together hoping no-one would notice? It's extremely funny you complain about stiffness in the new leaks when there's stiffness in all Ballio leak poses (especially awkward with the owls) and no real fluid lines of action. Claiming things like the old leak's color palette being more well thought out than the new one is laughable when you have colors that don't blend well at all (desaturated red on saturated blue, that dark green on lighter green where someone just pulled the lightness slider).

You can think the concepts of Ballio and his pals are the best thing ever and that the new concepts are steaming piles of shit, but it's delusional to try make it seem like the old leak showcases a better grasp on artistry than the new ones.
>>
>>26635835
>I'm an artfag trust me

t. art with 1000s of tumblr and twitter followers
>>
>>26635734
The change of the color tone or value doesn't play into it so you still don't understand what color palette is....

To simplify it for you in terms of the basics of art, the color scheme is simply better flowed and doesn't clash as hard as these new leaks.

>>26635835
I don't think they're the best, I study as an art major. I can easily grasp the gauge in skill level....so yes I understand what I say, and you disrespectfully simplify something you can't do yourself.
I'm sure that professionals have decent knowledge of color theory when it comes to making real pokemon.
>>
>>26635721
>That copypasta

I know you mean well, anon.
>>
>>26635895
What they've spread way too big for a image going look here and look here it's so bad to stop what people already wanna think.
>>
>>26635892
Okay then, point out the genius in Ballio's palettes and show us exactly where the new ones fail. "I have a major and it looks good" does not work.
>>
>>26632091
Why the fuck are you complaining on 4chan about people being retarded in other corners of the internet?
>>
File: 130Gyarados-Mega.png (516KB, 860x860px) Image search: [Google]
130Gyarados-Mega.png
516KB, 860x860px
>>26632001

What is this horseshit? Robin Hoot's wings don't look like any Pokemon wings either. Owltair just has the same spiky feathers as Blaziken. Furthermore wings aren't drawn in one style, neither is fire. Just compare Charizard to Typhlosion to Moltres.

The shading on the left is Ohmura style, not Sugi. If you want to complain about bad angles just look at Mega Gyarados's mouth, it veers off to the side. Not all the artwork has perfect perspective.

Mega Scizor and Deoxys also have stilts for feet.

Popplio2 isn't any more simplistic than Popplio1. Ballio's hands are compeletely realistic, you can stretch your own hands the same way. For a supposed artfag you don't know shit about anatomy.

"Uncreative" is subjective and isn't relevant to the Pokemon's plausability. You could slap this pointless adjective to most official designs. And the fact you criticize the shading on the left but not the right clearly exposes your bullshit.
>>
File: 19-bad-colors.jpg (73KB, 515x300px) Image search: [Google]
19-bad-colors.jpg
73KB, 515x300px
>>26635892
>color scheme better flowed
>red on blue
You have got to be kidding, right? I didn't even make pic related, I just went on the first result for "bad color combinations".
>>
File: Kinso_Feraligatr.png (396KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kinso_Feraligatr.png
396KB, 640x480px
>>26636174

Yeah dude, this totally stopped Gamefreak from doing red and blue combinations. You sure showed him.
>>
File: Nostalgia goggles.jpg (14KB, 401x308px) Image search: [Google]
Nostalgia goggles.jpg
14KB, 401x308px
>>26636174

Jesus Christ, anon, at least Ballio doesn't make my eyes go sore, don't ever post that again, geez.

And I only looked at that image for five seconds.
>>
>>26636248
I never said they never did that color combination before, but saying that red on blue is a good color combination is beyond retarded in any art course.
>>
>>26636280
That Popplio evo isn't blue on red. I don't even know if it's technically red on blue.
>>
>>26636280

The image you posted is blue on red. Ballio is red on blue at best.
>>
>>26636184
Meant to post this here
>>
>>26636073
Creativity is, I don't think, subjective. Ay least not entirely. I think creativity can be quantified to an extent. What is subjective is how valuable the creativity is. Doesn't matter if a good idea is creative if it's not executed well (Not my opinion, but some would say Samurott, off the top of my head) and boring ideas can give memorable and iconic designs (Charizard). It isn't a valid criticism though as official designs run the whole gamut.
>>
File: VDqYVl.jpg (94KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
VDqYVl.jpg
94KB, 427x640px
>>26636303
It is mostly 2 shades of blue with white, red and black.

>>26636324
It is the same, red on blue looks just as bad. The combination of red and blue is considered one of the "don't" in art.

As an example of the opposite, Blue and Orange is a famous combination used in many movie posters, because they make constrast without colors clashing. Even in games, if you look at the cover of Mass Effect and LA Noire. Again, I did not make the image, just got it from googling "blue and orange movie posters".
>>
Somebody save this photo for when Ballio is confirmed
>>
>>26636453

Blue and orange is so overrated.

I mean the combination itself, not the colors by their own.
>>
File: _.png (18KB, 542x601px) Image search: [Google]
_.png
18KB, 542x601px
>>26636248
I'm not >>26636174, but here's an example on how GF has complimented reds with blue in the past. Note how there's almost always one color that is less intense than the other. Kyogre is a notable exception, but because the reds are only used for thin details they aren't as distracting. The colors are almost always desaturated on desaturated or saturated on saturated.

Compare to Ballio's blues and reds. They are about the same intensity, except this time the red is used for large chunks of his designs that clash with the blue body, and it mixes different levels of saturation.

And lol at the color choice for the owl's hood.
>>
>>26633680
i dont understand at all why you people think replacing that image of tiger mouth with that anime girl somehow constitutes anysort of valid argument? nice meme
>>
>>26634474
"literally my mom's X" is a popular pokemon meme. it just means the pokemon is basically just a normal looking animal.
>>
File: Vls4MwI.jpg (33KB, 831x660px) Image search: [Google]
Vls4MwI.jpg
33KB, 831x660px
>>26636522
Well, it's what sells.

>>26636579
I have also no idea why this guy does it. All I know is the image is from a Scolipede Gijinka.
>>
>>26636534

They don't clash with the body at all, they just highlight his hands and outline his shoulders. Do you bitch about Spiderman or Captain America's designs too?
>>
>>26636660
I'm Spiderman uncle ben
>>
>>26636687
/mlp/ and never come back
>>
>>26632001
Anyone with half a brain knew those were fake. Thanks for articulating it this way though.
>>
When are we going to stop pretending like people cannot mimic official art with ease?

http://xous54.deviantart.com/gallery/
>>
File: Photo_Feb_26_11_13_05_PM.png (774KB, 1055x794px) Image search: [Google]
Photo_Feb_26_11_13_05_PM.png
774KB, 1055x794px
>mfw Balliofag
>I already know he and his crew are fake
>I just appreciate the thought and ideas put into their unique designs
>I just want more fanart cuz they look great together
>This other trio come up
>Yeah they look pretty cool too and wouldn't mind seeing more of them
>Other faggots start arguing over which is real
>People ACTUALLY think they have any room to argue this dumb shit with the 6 months we have left
>I win because I like them all and just want cool fanart as I paitiently wait for November

I don't give a fuck what we get. All I know is these guys are all cool. Anyone genuinely arguing their legitimacey is retarded.
>>
File: IMG_20120109_101316.jpg (119KB, 972x1296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20120109_101316.jpg
119KB, 972x1296px
>>
File: devilsadvocate.png (3MB, 2756x1479px) Image search: [Google]
devilsadvocate.png
3MB, 2756x1479px
>>26632001
I don't believe any current leaks are real but I hate seeing shitty arguments.

Let me know if I missed anything.
>>
>>26640513
Nice, not bad anon.
OP is kind of a conceited shithead even if they are fake.
>>
>>26640513
>shitty arguments
>doesn't see 2nd stage owl's right thigh is lower than the one on the left
>owls are flat creatures that lack depth
>doesn't center with the triangle on its chest
>doesn't realize excadrill's head is made of steel unlike popplio 2nd stage's fleshy head
>thinks OP doesn't know line of action and missed the point that the legs show a lack of bending joints
>uses example of fire only seen in one fire type from gen 5
>forgets Malamar is able to fly around
>thinks stilt legs with single toe is suitable for a pokemon of that shape
>misses the point that the rotated leg is an awkward generic pose

I can go on and on

>>26640668
>trying to help debunk the less beliavable fake so /vp/ could carry on
>anon favors a post that is just as subjective
>OP is conceited
>>
>>26632001
Can someone post the ones on the right? I've never seen them.
>>
>>26641060
Lol I believe their fake, but I also know you're a shithead.

All of your shit you just said can be debunked....but all you're gonna do is make up more shit to defend and pile on.
>>
File: .png (73KB, 252x360px) Image search: [Google]
.png
73KB, 252x360px
>>26641060
>doesn't see 2nd stage owl's right thigh is lower than the one on the left
That was an error on my part. The legs are the same thickness.
>owls are flat creatures that lack depth
The pictures are taken at a slight angle, which can affect how they look. Plus, it looks like it has depth to me. The hood is clearly the back of the head.
>doesn't center with the triangle on its chest
I did, though. That's what the curved line is. It's the contour of the body.
>doesn't realize excadrill's head is made of steel unlike popplio 2nd stage's fleshy head
First of all, I was referring to the mass behind the steel, not the steel itself. Secondly, Popplio2's head is quite obviously supposed to be a jester hat.
>thinks OP doesn't know line of action and missed the point that the legs show a lack of bending joints
The paw is bending backward, not just curving.
>uses example of fire only seen in one fire type from gen 5
And Litten2+3 are only two fire types from gen VII. What's your point? The way Sugimori/Ohmura render fire is not consistent.
>forgets Malamar is able to fly around
Nothing about its design indicates this.
>thinks stilt legs with single toe is suitable for a pokemon of that shape
Thick legs with many toes wouldn't work for that design. There are many Pokemon with single toes.
>misses the point that the rotated leg is an awkward generic pose
What does this mean? It's a leg, how can the pose be generic?

For a supposed artfag you sure seem content to not illustrate ANY of your points. Don't just say "I'm an artfag" without using that in any way, that proves nothing. If you're an artfag that can SO OBVIOUSLY see the flaws with these "leaks", then you should have no problem backing it up and SHOWING US what makes them so fake. Instead, you opt to say shit like "how is this cat's neck so long" "how is this finger wrapping around this sphere i cannot comprehend"

Again, I don't believe any current leaks are real.
>>
>>26640513
I mean Ballio and friends were clearly fake so you and OP just wasted minutes if not hours of your life trying to disprove stuff that nobody even thought was real
>>
>>26639487
Bwar is that you??
>>
>>26639487
>unique designs
Only Ballio could be considered unique and that's only because it's ugly as shit. The other ones iare literally Bagheera from Jungle Book and some edgy assassin.
>>
>>26643961
Whatever floats your gogoat anon. I'm all for artists in general. The artist that made Ballio & co. definitely does a decent job. But the reason I replied to your post and still disagree with what you say is because it's just obvious details I'm able to point out. I'm still learning myself in general, and have grown accustomed to spotting what should be avoided and what doesn't make sense when it comes to drawing. I never bashed on the desgin which is subjective to the artist. I'm simply stating there are clear flaws with the execution. Every fakemon artist has the potential to grow, you can't be telling me they're all on the same level as sugi or ohmura and have the potential to work at GF. I forgot to mention in my original post, but I honestly think the artist did a good job particularly with the poses for Litten's evolutions. Unless you're secretly a Balliofag, I find it funny how you think someone you don't know on the Internet doesn't know as much as you do about art. It's criticism. I'm sure the Ballio artist is willing to get better w/ their hobby. I'm carefully observing japanese animation styles in particular. Because I went through similar errors myself, I can spot them easier which clearly tells me whether someone is still trying to get better or not. Looking at assassin owl reminds me exactly of myself back when I tried to draw a front facing pose but would position a leg or arm awkwardly. The panther came out the best imo and tells me the artist was probably excited in being able to pull off a more dynamic pose. There are just certain things I picked up on when it comes to animating animals. A person can draw better than me and I could still try and point out some issues to help them improve. Even some of sugi's art. A lot of fakemon artists are mid to late teens. Imitating sugi art usually ends up being hit or miss. People that find certain leaks believable says a lot about how much they can or can't spot errors or mistakes.
>>
File: smug anime face.png (76KB, 432x560px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face.png
76KB, 432x560px
>>26644675
Holy fucking shit the backpedaling here is ridiculous.

You literally said the artist had "deviantart-tier" style. That's not critique, that's just saying "it's shit". Critique would be pointing out what they did wrong and what can be done to improve it. Not "it's shit".

Not once did I suggest that you needed to be better than the artist to criticize them. That's stupid.

What I am saying is that you said "I'm an artfag and the fact that nobody recognized how OBVIOUSLY FAKE these were is retarded!" That's great you're an artfag, but it had nothing to do with your (shitty) arguments.

You're an artfag? Okay, show us what makes this pose impossible. Highlighting shit with a colord square tells us nothing.

None of the details you pointed out were correct. I meticulously outlined why every single one of them were wrong or irrelevant.

You went from "lol these fakes are SOOOO OBVIOUS you dumb faggots!" to "hey man i'm still learning i'm just giving criticism man". I don't give a shit about your life story, I give a shit about your shitty argument.

How many fucking times do I have to tell you that I do not believe any current leaks are real?
>>
>>26632001
feminine popplio makes no goddamn sense
>>
>>26644065
I could say the same about the other over designed trash from the other leaks.

Fucking hell, i find not-Tony the Tiger and waifubaitlio embarrass to look at.
>>
>>26644675

Would it really hurt to make one single paragraph? Good lord, man.

And you may know your shit, the thing is, we already had plenty of people who THOUGHT they knew their shit back when the 5th gen leaks were a thing and maybe that's why I'm a bit hesitant about the whole thing.

And Sugi and Ohmura are great artists, but they too can do slight mistakes every so often. They aren't machines. I still appreciate their work though.
>>
>>26632001
You're a mouthy cunt aintcha?
>>
File: reeee.png (102KB, 450x418px) Image search: [Google]
reeee.png
102KB, 450x418px
>>26644751
first off, i'm not backpedaling. I never agreed to anything you said thus far.

by deviantart-tier I mean it's your run-of-the-mill art style with its usual flaws. Those artists are still clearly in the process of improving or experimenting.

>trying this hard to defend something that anon stated they don't even believe
>OP is a faggot. I'm-clearly-right-mentality
>OP insinuates there is always room for growth
>anon is so dense to limit generic art as perfection
>implying all fakemon artists have mastered the arts
>implying all fakemon artists are equally fit for a job at GF

There are great Pokemon artists out there. But when you try to copy a specific art style that you did not make on your own, you're rarely going to get it spot on. Coloring in the Sugi and Ohmura style is one thing, but there's other factors like lineart, design, etc.

Here, since it seems to please you so much, I made a quick edit trying to keep it as original as possible

>inb4 artfag using ms paint
>inb4 generic reply from anon that never agrees to changes made

and yes, the fakes are fucking obvious you dense nut. There's a reason why people immediately turned to the newer leaks. Side by side comparison shows one artist is more skillful than the other. It still counts as criticism because I'm pointing out some errors in the artist's work. Other people have done the same

learn to stop putting words in other people's mouths and suckin your own dick anon.
>>
>>26644842
if you read original post, I believed in 5th gen leaks and thought it was ridiculous how people were trying to debunk it by saying the designs don't make sense, rather than the artwork
>>
Better to just assume everything is fake and be wrong 1% of the time.
>>
>>26645302

You know, I'm not usually against pointing out small mistakes, but on the Litten's middle stage, I too thought it would look better if you reduced on the front legs.

Turns out, I'm actually wrong, unless my brain's farting somehow.

Not sure, but after the edit, it makes the whole anatomy on the right paw (namely, the shoulder area) even more wrong for some reason. I'm not sure if it's because of the angle, but it just looks more off than before "fixing" it.

Rowlett's mid looks okay after edit, but it's more in the perspective on whether the hands are actual hands or merely feathers, of which I assume to be more like feathers because it's not completely humanoid just yet.

And the hat design seems like a valid good tip, but if I know Game Freak, is that some times, they do tend to simplify certain things, which wouldn't be that far'fetched. It makes the jester have a... more gross feeling to it too because technically, we're talking about the head of a pokemon here, not something based on a accessory. It's supposed to be its head, wouldn't it be awkward to have it look even more like a jester hat?
>>
GOD I hope this shit isn't fucking real, holy shit.

>furshit seal
>Emboar 1.5
owl doesn't look bad

This is the worst shit I've ever seen. I was so hype when the Alola starters were released. Besides Turtwig, every fucking 1st form starter has been fucking shit (Snivy was ok but just look at Serperior) so I was hype when these new guys ended up looking pretty good.

BUT IF ANY OF THESE "LEAKS" END UP BEING REAL, I'M GONNA BE FUCKING FUMING.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.