[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Pokémon had different writers...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: avatar.jpg (260KB, 680x1000px) Image search: [Google]
260KB, 680x1000px
I'm halfway through season 2 of Avatar: The Last Airbender pls no spoil and it's fucking good. I thought it was some dumb Pokémon-tier tripe but I gave it a go and if you haven't watched it yet, you must.

Anyway, this show makes me so fucking sad at how shit Pokémon is.
Avatar's premise is so simple, yet its storyline is complex, so many different characters with different back stories and many layers of personality and good plot twists, and ambitious animation where the characters actually battle and use their powers in every single episode with interesting choreography. Fuck, why is Pokémon so shit.

Which anime writers could've made Pokémon good?
>>
>>26628701
>Avatar
Back to tumblr with you.
>>
Pokemon is so shit because there is too much filler
>>
The two major differences are that

1. Avatar had a planned end. Point A and B. They could develop characters as much as they wanted as they know that there is an end point. And gives a sense of closure.

2. Pokemon Anime is fillwd with fillers because there is a quota to meet for advertisement not story driven.
>>
Pokemon can never have AtLA-tier story-telling if it uses the same MC and episodic formula
>>
>>26628955
True that but if they had at least a minimum of ambition they could have a certain development from season start to finish
>>
File: sarcasm.png (81KB, 198x181px) Image search: [Google]
sarcasm.png
81KB, 198x181px
If you love the original avatar series you're really gonna love korra
>>
>>26629343
Actually, if you watch the first season of Korra and then stop, it's great.

It's only after the first season does it get all tumblr.
>>
>>26629343
no i hate korra
>>
>>26628701
Avatar will gett even better when they're in Basingse. And in Book 3 you will get BOMBED with lore.

And when you're done watching ATLA, start watching Korra. Book 1 is full communism and Book 2 is Islamic State. Just don't expect a second ATLA and you will love it.
>>
File: 1464274219815.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1464274219815.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>26629331
Ash does get some development but since we have to restart to the next season from 0 it's meaningless.
>>
>>26629441
Honestly surprised they didn't shoe-horn a gen 1+ Pokemon into the flashback.
>>
>>26629454
It's supposed to be one of Ash's first experiences with pokemon so it had to be only kanto mons.
>>
>>26629353
>>26629368
Only Book 3: Change from Korra is actually AtLA-tier. Everything else is disposable
>>
>>26628701
I wish I could be a teenager and watch ATLA for the first time again. So good.
>>
>>26628701
My favorite animated television series. And yeah it's really well done.

I think if pokemon wouldn't try to shove the random side shit, have new heroes and not have a guy who never ages and doesn't like women be the guy then it'd be better.
>>
>>26629489

totally.

I rewatched it all before Korra wrapped up and it holds up well all things considered.

I wish we could get a Pokemon anime that wasn't afraid to have new protagonists each gen.

Hell if they really need to they could always have Ash be a recurring character in last seasons just to see how he's progressing. He can be a mentor, rival and friend to the new MC's.
>>
I just finished rewatching Korra yesterday and it's even better now than before.

Great animation, interesting little stories, fantastic characters, funny as hell.

I don't understand all the flak Korra receives.
>>
File: 1464934331526.jpg (36KB, 364x275px) Image search: [Google]
1464934331526.jpg
36KB, 364x275px
>>26628716
>Dismissing one of the best TV shows ever made
>Being this much of a faggot
>>
>>26628716
Lol youre missing out
>>
>>26628701
enjoy your rushed deus ex machina ending.
>>
>>26628701
Season 2 in Avatar the last airbender is the worst season. Season 3 is amazing all action and animation is great.
>>
>>26628701
The only way this happens is if they actually used the game protagonists across maybe 2 seasons for each game rather than keeping it running concurrently year round.

I don't care for the Pokemon anime one way or another but I'd probably watch a BW2 World Tournament OVA or something.
>>
>>26630424
Today on /vp/ was the first time I'd seen anything negative about it.
>>
>>26628701
Too bad they ruined it with all the relationshit. Only character that stayed amazing is Iroh, and based cyclops man.
>>
>>26632663
Seriously? I've seen nothing but negativity for Korra season 2, which to be fair is the worst season out of both shows. Season 3 was even worse until the last 4 episodes, but that's my personal unpopular opinion
>>
>>26632663
Really?

There was a reasonable about of dissatisfaction across the web about it post-season 2. I kinda stopped watching it regularly out of apathy and because they wasted so much time on that Korra/Mako bull, since I was so used to important events happening in a single episode, and one main plot across all seasons.
>>
>>26630424
It and AtLA just aren't my cup of tea. The fact that it was hyped up and people shoved it in my mouth was probably one reason, plus all the the reruns it got that made me notice the glaring issues.
That and 2006-2008 were a great period for anime, which I got into.
>>
>>26629441
BW to XY Ash DIDN'T restart.
>>
>>26630424
the whole teen love shit in general
Bolin being a third wheel most of the time
Korrasami making no damn sense with no build up...tho mako making 2 girls he dated lesbians is hilarious

Probably one of the few redeeming things was verrick and zhuli's and bonus points for them being the best couple in that series despite being side characters.
>>
>>26628701
>writers
I'd rather them focus on making the game good.
>>
>>26632993
All of the airbenders were amazing.
Beifong family was epic.
Seeing old Zuko, toph and katara breaks my heart.
Iroh in the spirit world be fucking amazing like always.

PABU SHOOTING FUCKING LASERS FROM HIS EYES IN THE MOVER!!!
>>
Who wrote Pokémon Origins? That was a pretty good adaptation. Actually, the best way might have been an adaptation of Pokémon Adventures/Special. It was really cool and come to think of it, kind of like Avatar. You know, more of a serialized adventure? The Yellow arc was pretty cool too, with Mew and everything.

But I wonder how an Pokemon show written by Bryke would turn out. Would it have the same emotional impact like when ZUKO DIES, I wonder? If only, if only...
>>
>>26633548
>Origins
>Good
>Similar to avatar in anyway

Top b8
>>
>>26632993

The problem with Korra is that it was so loose with the four different seasons. Avatar had a really long arc and it was cool seeing all the old side characters show up towards the end. With Korra it felt like they were making it up as they went along each season as far as character arcs go. Team Korra never even felt like they were as close as the Gaang.
>>
man season 3 Korra had some "LOL NICKELODEON IS 4 KIDS" moments like when they blow up the bitches head off
>>
Read the manga, Pokémon Special. It's about the closest you're going to get to a Pokémon story with character development and closure and such. Although there are multiple arcs, and charterers from previous arcs sometimes make return cameos, there is in general, a beginning, middle, and end, with real conflict that has nothing to do with badges.
>>
>>26633578
You're right about Origin being utter shit but he was talking about Pokespe being similar to Avatar in structure.
>>
>>26629331
Japanese anime has a ton of arbitrary and weird regulations so pretty much the only thing the writers can do is either make an episodic comedy, a slice of life, or a crappy shounen. Either way, they need to make at least 50 episodes, so filler is inevitable.
>>
>>26628716
>ATLA
>literally one of the most universally beloved animated works of all time
>tumblr

You're a fifteen year old shitposter trying way, way too hard to fit in by shitflinging about the tumblr boogeyman. You, yes, you specifically, are the worst user on this awful board full of terrible users. You will die alone and unloved in a gutter, and your body will be eaten by wolves. I hate you.
>>
>>26630424
A lot of it comes from the fact that people were hoping for ATLA levels of quality which, by and large, it fails to deliver.

Also a lot of this >>26632993
Bryke have explicitly said that they love putting hokey shipping cheese into their shows - ATLA had a ton of it too - but in Korra they took it up to eleven and it became nearly intolerable.

Amon going the way of Ghetsis was enormously frustrating because they just abandoned both the legitimate grievances of the Equalist movement and the bending-removal element, which had the potential to be one of the smartest and most interesting story elements in the franchise from a character-building perspective

Fucking up the awesome bending lore with muh lion turtles

that Magic Tree bullshit at the end of Season 2

Introducing the very Eastern concepts of Order and Chaos, and then immediately throwing that out the window by making the Chaos spirit evil.

the line "A Dark Avatar"

The shittiest giant robot ever animated
>>
File: 1448527681570.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1448527681570.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>26628716
Best bait ever made, bravo
>>
>>26629343
Seasons 1 and 3 are the only good ones, DO NOT WATCH 4.
>>
>>26632993
Honestly, Korrasami was the only possibility I even remotely believed in. I wasn't sure they'd do it, but all the godawful character writing of the preceding three seasons had left it so that Korra and Asami's friendship was the one relationship in the show that didn't feel forced and one-dimensional. I agree that it probably could have used a little more buildup than we got, but the producers openly like fucking with the fans - I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that they deliberately didn't develop the romantic element of the relationship more in order to cause the largest possible shitstorm when it was revealed in the finale.
>>
Aang spiritbends the Fire lords powers away.
>>
>>26630424
>great animation
did you skip season 2?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.