[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

School rumors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 46

File: hqdefault.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
You all believed the truck thing ! What other school rumors did you try on your Pokemon games?
>>
>>26620896
Glitchlett
>>
I once smashed a friend's hand with a brick/mallet (I can't remember which one it was) over the Mew truck hoax.

I was contemplating smashing his Game Boy over it, but I decided to take his game instead.
>>
There was actually a truck though
>>
Not sure if it counts, but a friend convinced me that there were only 10 Ancient Mew cards in existence. He gave it to me
>>
Once my friend told me that if If had only a Pikachu in my party and I healed it 3 times in a row at the Pokemon center it would die and Celebi would appear and bring it back to live then you would get Celebi. It didn't work.
>>
>>26620922
Glad to see you grew into a well-adjusted adult with a surplus of productive hobbies
>>
If you trade me 2 shinies I'll give you my (insert anything here)
>>
>>26620896
Never heard of it because I only went to school by the time G/S was out.
I did fall for those shitty ass Youtube videos about how to get Jirachi with the white rock and going to the moon fight deoxys in Ruby/Sapphire, though.
>>
File: Game_Freak.png (1KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
Game_Freak.png
1KB, 160x144px
>>26620896

I never believe that myth.
>>
File: Jirachi_myth.png (15KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Jirachi_myth.png
15KB, 240x160px
>>26621036
I remember that internet rumor about Jirachi.
>>
>>26620896
A friend told me that you could go back to Johto in gen 3. I got him back by showing him gameplay of ShinyGold.
>>
>>26621177

Lol.
>>
File: Ash with Jelly Doughnuts.jpg (4KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
Ash with Jelly Doughnuts.jpg
4KB, 126x126px
>>26620896
the mew actually was in the truck but got removed in the 1.1 versions like the lavender pitch tone

i tried the real tricks like missingo and the other mew trick, now you know the pokegods are true too right? I mean they basically made them real not only in your mind recently, hope you'd enjoy this gift from nintendont

in short I never tried any non-rela rumour
ps. its true
pps. yes was - tak było
>>
>>26621113
Tell me about it.
>>
File: Coldwheels.png (151KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
Coldwheels.png
151KB, 300x420px
>>26621231
>>26621113
the one abotu them in space and team rocket? i wish it was kinda true and not on japanese gamecube cd xd
>>
A friend told me that there was a hidden, invisible PC box in the Unknown Dungeon that had a Mew you could withdraw, but it changed positions every time you encountered a pokemon.

This was a friend who legitimately showed me he had a Mew and that's how he got it, so I believed him.

A lot of repels and wasted time later, I learned the proper Mew glitch.
>>
Heard in my old days that NEAR Bill house there was a cave or ancient forest to go another place where u could find all pokemon higher than level 80. xD Dont remember how to reach, but just that.
>>
About how there was a machine behind the waterfall leading up to the Pokémon league that when reached would allow you to have the Pokémon God if Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza were in your party.
>>
>>26621303
I fucking remember that! Bill' secret garden. Also had Mew. Mew made alot of myths man
>>
>>26620896
believed too many rumours in the internet.

>you need 7 winning strikes in the battle tower to get deoxys
>you need to get shedinja, go to the school on the right window you trigger a special event
and shit like that.

Well to bad, myths and rumours can´t happen anymore because of dataminers.
I may sound like a nostalgic-fag but it was really nice to play without the whole internet showed you the pokedex, all places etc.
E.g. I literally needed several hours to get to the 6th badge in ruby, because I tried to get through the tallgrass with a bike and it was impossible until I figured out to try it without the bike.
Also the feeling while you fight against the E4 and they throw Pokemons at you, you never seen before.

Gen V would be last gen, where this could happenend, but I spoiled myself like an idiot.

But nowadays you can´t expect something like that anymore. TPC itself spoiled half of ORAS and XY, the handholding in the games are way to big. I miss the challenges and I am not talking here about muh difficult setting, but I sometimes I just want to figure out where I have to go, what should I do etc. And as a Kid the games were way harder, I always bought 50 retrives for the league.
>>
>>26621260
Lol. I know right.
>>
>>26620896

Missingno was the first failed clone of Mew.
>>
File: image.png (843KB, 701x896px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
843KB, 701x896px
>>26620896

I remember me and a bunch of other class mates fighting over the correct pronounciation of rayquaza's name
>>
>>26621231
It had something to do with bringing a
Spell Tag to the white rock after the scientist at the research lab or whatever that place was said that they had succeded at lauching 67 rockets which was tied to training a Latias (the real thing it is tied to is how many weeks you played the game) and the Jirachi would appear.
>>
>>26621303
Bill's Secret Garden? Oh, that's just north of his house. You have to have evolved your starter into its final form BEFORE you change him back from a Clefairy, then when you press the button he'll give you the tickets to the SS Anne and say that you look pretty strong. Then, once you have all 5 HMs, you need to get the other two starters, Pikachu, and Mewtwo, and get them all to level 100 and teach them all the HMs (Cut on Venusaur, Fly on Charizard, Surf on Blastoise, Strength on Mewtwo, and Flash on Pikachu) and THEN put only them in your party and beat the Elite Four and go and visit Bill again and then Professor Oak will come in and challenge you to a battle with his Mew and once you beat him he'll give you his Mew and Bill will unlock an extra box in your storage and let you go into his secret garden where you can catch Pikablu. that's pretty well-known, it's not a rumor.
>>
Everyone at my school who played RBY thought that you could increase the pokeball capture chances if you held the down button and pressed B as fast as possible. I find myself doing it even to this day out of reflex.
>>
>>26621420
Jirachi actually appears?
...nope, not falling for another myth.
>>
That you could go to space in RSE to catch Deoxys after the rocket counter hit a certain number of days,

In a round about way it was right, XD only took a decade
>>
>>26621361
>I literally needed several hours to get to the 6th badge in ruby, because I tried to get through the tallgrass with a bike and it was impossible until I figured out to try it without the bike.
There was a person right next to the grass that told you the bike didn't work.
>>
Dumb shit like if you talk to the magikarp salesman and say no 100 times he'll give you a Mew instead.
>>
You also believe in spreading hatred for all the wrongs that have been inflicted upon you, but that's just splitting hairs.
>>
>>26621452
>XD
>>
>>26621420
One of my friends told me how to get Jirachi in some odd way as well. You had to capture all three Regis after beating the E4 and then surf around Sootopolis ten times, and you'd get a wild encounter and it would be a Jirachi.

I didn't work and I was so disappointed because it was around the time Wishmaker came out.
>>
>>26621452
>XD
kys
>>
>>26621452
well, that's where you're wrong. everyone knows that you need to bring five star pieces to the top of the sky pillar so they could turn into a star that would summon deoxys.

my friend also claimed that if you leveled cacnea up to level 30 with the exact right number of experience points, it'd automatically evolve into a cacturne.
which saves what, two levels? plus requires you to, you know, train a cacnea.
>>
File: Dame da....gif (639KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Dame da....gif
639KB, 500x281px
>All the XD's and lol's
>>
>>26621452
>RSE
>school rumors

Hoennbabies get out
>>
File: 1464984435576.gif (407KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1464984435576.gif
407KB, 250x250px
I must have been the only retarded fuck who semi believed the PokeGod rumors.
>>
>>26620896
>none of these rumors work
>you're just given the damn legend by a wifi event
>>
>>26621533

Don't feel bad, anon. Many people affected by Down Syndrome can lead moderately productive lives!
>>
>>26621404
I remember my cousin telling her friend a rumor about battling professor oak in Pokémon Red and Blue, if you catch all 151 known Pokémon and then talk to professor oak. He'll battle you.
>>
You had to capture latios/latias in a luxury ball, I don't remember why
>>
I remember hearing a rumor that you could evolve Lairon with a moon stone
>>
I tought that the island mirage island or whatever its name is that appear in emerald game was fake but my friends told me it was real i never bought a guide or had internet back then so i just tought it was a fake thing
>>
>>26621414
This. 2 of my classmates were adamant it was pronounced "Razza-cooza" and would not listen to anyone else
>>
>>26621662
This made my day
>>
>>26621431
>Charizard fly
C'mon anon you can do better
>>
>>26620896
My cousin told me you could catch marill (pikablue back then) in glitch city.
>>
File: Masterball_rumor.png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Masterball_rumor.png
7KB, 240x160px
>>26620896

If you throw a great ball at a Pokémon then press L+R and hold start.

The great ball will transform into a Masterball and catch a Pokémon without a fight.
>>
>>26621533
>yfw they were real but released in gen4
>>
>>26621458
I was 8, did you think I would listen to one of them?
My whole strategy was: avoid battles, only level starter and beat the game.
Now I always try to take my time, but I am not that much patient. But in this in gen it is probably because of the 3ds. My hands always get numb, forced rollerblades where shit. Just played on the gba sp, and it really felt much better. Why don´t we get a comfy handheld again?! Or at least give me a real stick and not the 3ds shit thing....
>>
Fucking pokegods... Pikablu, Mewtree, togepi in blue version etc. it fucking made me cringe since a kid.
>>
File: QQzWvgz.webm (854KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
QQzWvgz.webm
854KB, 720x404px
>>26620896
mew was under the truck for the original japanese games
>>
>>26620918
One of the best creepy pasta for red/blue !
>>
>>26621806
>Mewtree

Psychic/Grass?
>>
>>26621809
>clapping

lol, americans
>>
>>26620896
My school all thought you could get Togepi in Stadium 1. We knew it wasn't in RBY, somehow we figured that out, but we thought there was a special way to get it as a rental Pokémon.

I feel like we weren't the only school to think that, since Gale of Darkness actually did do something like that with Bonsly, might've been a result of them hearing the Togepi rumors, like how in ORAS you can catch Deoxys.
>>
>>26620922
well one time I was playing with my friends bunny in his back yard and it got loose and made a break for the space under the fence, so I panicked and threw a brick at it to try and stop it
>>
>>26621960

Silly Me, i meant to say Mewthree ... it fucking sucked anyways.
>>
>>26621361
>myths and rumours can´t happen anymore because of dataminers.

It's not like little kids are going to look up the datamined information, rumors can still persist at the age they should.
>>
>>26620896
GSC cloning trick and it worked.
>>
>>26621809
Or he just reprogrammed the game with 8F before hand to show the audience something cool.
>>
I remember that my older cousin told be about Giratina, Heatran, Arceus, Darkrai, and all the other postgame legendaries in pearl edition. I didn't believe him until he showed me on the internet. My mind was fucking blown
>>
>>26621361
>myths and rumours can't exist
How many theories did we have about that power plant in Kalos?
>>
>>26622570
Good point
>>
>>26621531
RS were released 13 years ago anon
>>
No I didn't. I wasn't retarded as a child.
>>
>>26621809

That's not the original Japanese games' sprite, and it's shown in English. Try harder, faggot.
>>
I was told if you spell out "entei" with 5 unowns in your party an entei would appear in your 6th slot.

I really wanted an entei.
>>
but it was true you just did it wrong
>>
>>26621260
where does the image come from? looks like official sugi artwork
>>
"if you catch MISSINGNO it knows every move at the same time!"
I'm pretty sure the kid that told me that hated me and thought it would break my game
>>
anything and everything PIKABLU
>>
File: 1381794038936.jpg (366KB, 1724x1244px) Image search: [Google]
1381794038936.jpg
366KB, 1724x1244px
I do the down+b thing until today
>>
when kid i was my friend told me that if i putted a pencil on my poo poo hole it would feel good but it didnt
>>
My friend told me that in Pokemon Leaf Green, there was a secret forest called the Leaf Forest, where a horde of Exeggutor would chase you for some reason.
Years later i came to find out that it was a scene from the anime.
>>
>>26622570
To be fair that was prior to full blown data mining.
>>
>>26625293

>catch all 150 Pokémon, and you'll be given a Mew

WHERE THE HELL DID THIS COME FROM
>>
>>26621209
Proof etc
>>
>>26620896
When I was a kid some older guys who used gamesharks to hack in rare Pokemon told me that if I did some complicated process I would be able to obtain the Pokemon. I believed them and grinded through a week of shit before I realized they just used gamesharks.
>>
>>26620896
Were there ever any rumors about the ruins of alph and the unknown? That place was unsettling
>>
>>26625847
>If you catch Pokemon God and take him there he'll make any pokemon you want.

Fucker said he erased his save file and couldn't show me it. Load of fucking bullshit. Kek. Pokemon God.
>>
File: 1408297825493.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1408297825493.gif
499KB, 500x281px
>>26620896
>What other school rumors did you try on your Pokemon games?
None because they didn't exist because I grew up in an area in South London where joining gangs and listening to hip hop and rap was cool as opposed to playing baby games like Pokemon.
>>
During my days in elementary school, the rumor floating around was that you had to catch all 150 Pokemon, talk to the Gamefreak dude in Celadon who gives you the diploma, fight the Elite Four and defeat Blue again. Then Oak will challenge you to a fight and then give you the certificate of Pokemon Master. Then talk to that girl in Cerulean with the Electrode that disobeys and the girl will notice you're a pokemon master now. She asks for you to get her electrode to obey and if you say yes she gives you the car keys. Then you move the truck and battle Mew.

I knew they were talking shit though so I hacked in a Mew from my game genie thing and made everyone believe it was true just to watch them frantically catch them all and beg for certain mons.
>>
>>26621678
it could learn fly in yellow version
>>
>>26626077
If you take Arceus there you'll get a dialga, giratina or palkia egg...
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>26626263
>England
>cool
>>
File: button-mashing-1.gif (156KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
button-mashing-1.gif
156KB, 400x306px
The closest thing I knew to one of these is that if your poke is confused, hitting A really fast increases its chance of hitting. To this day I get kind of antsy when I don't do it.
>>
File: starting to get sad.jpg (27KB, 323x343px) Image search: [Google]
starting to get sad.jpg
27KB, 323x343px
>>26626353
Nigga you don't even know
>>
>>26625293

I used to do all sorts of combinations like that, including mashing A.

Eventually, the Pokemon website had a question about those button combinations and they said they're not real and never have been real, so I gave up doing it. I did that all the way from Gen 1 through to Gen 4 though.
>>
>>26620896
I think I still remember some of the pokegods rumors and how to supposedly get them:

>Pikablu-Trade the raichu to the guy in cinnabar and let him tell you it evolved and ran away, then use the itemfinder in cerulean cave to find the "Message in a bottle" from Pikablu and then find him behind the surf house

>Mewthree-play pokeflute 333 times on the tile left of Mewtwo and then fight him

>Ratichu- have a very specific pokemon at certain levels in your party and talk to PokeCenter lady. I don't remember exactly what but I think it included raticate, pikachu, and metapod at least (at like level 100). She tells you your Pikachu caught rabies and evolved into ratichu

>Some Moltres Pokegod I can't remember the name of- talk to the thirsty girl on top of Celadon Dept store like 200 times in a row with maybe some particular party setup

>Some OP fire pokemon with a 1HKO move that hits your whole party- .00001 percent chance of finding in rock tunnel but only in the dark

There were also two secret evolutionary stones that could make any pokemon evolve into their respective Pokegod: the mist stone and the rainbow stone. I think that you had to do some stupid shit like use the item finder on every tile of seafoam cavern.
>>
File: nFzUc9i.png (16KB, 183x185px) Image search: [Google]
nFzUc9i.png
16KB, 183x185px
>>26626335
>Being this new and retarded
>>
>If you have a team of 6 level-100 Rhydons (no rare candies) with max happiness, you can talk to the Rhydon statue in the Cinnabar mansion and fight Mewthree
>>
File: Coldwheelz.png (555KB, 637x769px) Image search: [Google]
Coldwheelz.png
555KB, 637x769px
>>26625265
mango, he hold a dirty secret hah, muh alter ego. Mato tried to s(t)imulate Early Sugi's style well, like the completely black eyes, but Yamamoto gave them coloured based on their names like 4Koma Dev's Comics
you can hate them, for trying way too "owleedge", BUT gotta admit they at least TRIED to make sense out of the various scrapped and altered versions of the first/second gen gaymes storylines, who aside them really did?
now the gamecube side series, continuator of their stadiums and planned pocket monsters rpg for n6dd tried to do something similar, with better or worse results as GoD original story got scrapped too, eh
overall it turned out there are no absolute pure evil characters in the series, maybe aside Giovanni-Sakaki? but even he could do this all for his wife who was supposed to be released during HG/SS Arc, it might have been as I've seen a loads of fanart with her from certain Korean-Japanese (like those working for Phenian xD) artist

t. PROOFster from Donbas(s), there are no ABSOLUTELY NO proofs of the Russian presence there whatsoever, bayleef me I am Catechon Poutine
>>
File: Lance Warns Silver.png (143KB, 538x422px) Image search: [Google]
Lance Warns Silver.png
143KB, 538x422px
>>26626785
(the filename was ACKTHUALLY an allegory to a certain owner of one huge fialed project of redditchan, but wuteva, we have to more somewhere after Hiroshima Nagasaki will SHUT DOWN cloppers and /vp/brogres, donta think?)
>>
>>26620896

Nobody was stupid enough to fall for that.

I believed for at least 10 years that Pikachu could evolve in Yellow if you pissed it off enough and then used a Thunderstone, and the only reason it didn't evolve was because it was too happy as a Pikachu like Ash's.

I assume some asshole kid told me this and I just believed it without even trying it myself.
>>
File: Gag Battle – Nidoran♀.jpg (398KB, 297x900px) Image search: [Google]
Gag Battle – Nidoran♀.jpg
398KB, 297x900px
>>26626785
Damn, ment to quote >>26625650

And here's said 4Koma, but SINCERELY DOUBT anyone is interested into that sort of obscure trivia, eh?
PS. Check KenSugi's Twitter, day after day some material like this got leaked.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 458x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 458x490px
>>26621260
File name, holy fuck
>>
File: wow.jpg (26KB, 360x354px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
26KB, 360x354px
I remember reading some rumor about if you cut grass in a certain way, you could get to some area where you would learn how to jump and then could catch Mario and Link

I don't know why I fell for it
>>
After the rumors started going around that you could clone pokemon, I would offer to help clone others pokemon, but I would clone shitmon and overwrite their good pokemon
>>
>>26621809

what the fuck kind of accent does shenanigans have, anyways? sounds like something flyover but i haven't been able to put my finger on it and shit's annoying as fuck
>>
>>26625433
Where were you for gens 4 and 5 anon, especially the latter was datamined to death on release day.
>>
File: expand.png (120KB, 253x257px) Image search: [Google]
expand.png
120KB, 253x257px
>>26621662
>Razza-cooza
>>
>>26621662
>RAZZA-COOZA
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mt207r9KM01qz4rgp.png (92KB, 188x196px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mt207r9KM01qz4rgp.png
92KB, 188x196px
>>26621662
>>
File: andre1.png (184KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
andre1.png
184KB, 500x378px
>>26621662
lmfao
razza my cooza
>>
File: 0a6.png (184KB, 667x400px) Image search: [Google]
0a6.png
184KB, 667x400px
>>26621662
RAZZACOOZA
>>
>>26621662
The 'ol
>Razza-Cooza
>>
>>26627679
>>26627723
>>26627728
>>26627734
>>26627750
>>26627764
You didn't even try to hide the samefaggotry

I've never seen something so pathetic
>>
>>26627784
>>
I tried the zigzaquaza "glitch" back in emerald. Basically you had to catch a zigzagoon and name it "zigzaquaza" and that way it would evolve into a rayquaza and not a linoone
>>
>>26626944
Source of pic pls
>>
File: no.jpg (89KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
89KB, 488x516px
>>26627784
>>
>>26627803
>>26627849
Sorry to rain on your parade bud, but it's so painfully obvious you were hoping "RazzaCooza" would catch on and become an epic maymay
>>
File: orangoutan.jpg (25KB, 579x329px) Image search: [Google]
orangoutan.jpg
25KB, 579x329px
>>26621662
>Razza Cooza
>>
>>26621662
Kek
I always pronounced Gyarados wrong when I was a kid but I didn't even have a gameboy back then anyway so it didn't really matter.
>>
File: s1.png (131KB, 239x266px) Image search: [Google]
s1.png
131KB, 239x266px
>>26627869
>>
>>26627890
Whatever man, if its that big of a deal to you go right ahead
>>
>>26627890
You have horrible autism
>>
>>26627888
>>26621662
I had a little cousin who pronounced hippopotas as hot potato
>>
File: Turn-off-your-Computer.jpg (26KB, 470x281px) Image search: [Google]
Turn-off-your-Computer.jpg
26KB, 470x281px
>>26627910
>>26627909
>>
File: CkI6dKSWEAErQ2v.jpg (6KB, 112x127px) Image search: [Google]
CkI6dKSWEAErQ2v.jpg
6KB, 112x127px
>>26627890
>>26627890
t. the most arschbuerger and in colonel KC tire person on those chans
>>
File: ST3553535570ws.jpg (25KB, 468x268px) Image search: [Google]
ST3553535570ws.jpg
25KB, 468x268px
>>26627944
>>
File: KC Tire Veteran.jpg (208KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
KC Tire Veteran.jpg
208KB, 780x438px
>>26627957
))) we gonna make it into serious discussion(s) brah, I WILL NEVER RETURN TO KARUTKHAN!
>>
File: thatfuck.png (223KB, 310x302px) Image search: [Google]
thatfuck.png
223KB, 310x302px
>>26627909
>>26627910
>>26627944
>>26627973
>>
>>26627910
>uses autism as an insult

obviously we have a white here
>>
Fuck
>>
>>26620896
The biggest rumor at my old elementary school was how there was a new evolution to Snorlax called Chomplax in GSC

from what I remember, the fuckers said he looked something along the lines of gengar but fatter (like fucking huge) and less evil looking and a gigantic mouth that stretched across the middle part of the body

the only way to evolve him was to use the pokeflute and then trade him while he held leftovers.
>>
>>26626785
>>26626705
Anyone gonna point out how fucking weird these posts are?
>>
Fucking Pikablu

imagine my surprise when it was Marill all along
>>
File: 9LSDMtFe4aE.jpg (96KB, 597x604px) Image search: [Google]
9LSDMtFe4aE.jpg
96KB, 597x604px
>>26628023
Pmt (pretty much this) ^, autasm is like GREATEST GIFT FROM D-G EVER!

The silly neurotypicals will JUST never understand this, all they think about are the physical lusts. be it masturbation, watching animu and similar shit. We are free from such limitations to our body, obviously.
>>
I remember looking up cheat codes for yellow and found some shitty cheat website that said if you did some certain button presses in order in Oak's lab, an image of Ash and Misty having sex would pop up.

Looking back, I can't believe I believed that shit.
>>
File: stop.jpg (20KB, 283x283px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
20KB, 283x283px
>>26628086
>>26627973
>>26627957
>>26627944
>>26627923
>>26627910
>>26627909
>>26627890
>>26627869
>>26627784
>>26627803

fucking. leave.
>>
>>26628101
that's almost as believable as when they said if you entered a certain series of buttons on the SSBB homescreen you'd get a minigame where you taze Mario's balls
>>
Not pokemon related but a friend once told me that there was a glitch in Spyro the Dragon where if you went to the Stone Hills level and you ran for a certain amount of time you could run right through the barriers and be able to fight Gnasty Gnorc.
>>
>>26621662
i knew someone who pronounced giratina "jer-at-in-uh"

so we started saying "re-jig-eh-gus" for regigigas
>>
>>26625293
>raichu evolves into pichu when traded

:(
to think I saved up money for magazines like this that lied to me as a child
>>
>>26621662
Razza-cooza is something else, kid. And here I thought I was weird for pronouncing it "Rock-Wahza". I did that because I had only seen an image of it, and thought it was Rock-Dragon on account of those bands it has.

But you win.
>>
>>26627784
>>26627869

This is why we can't have nice things like the other boards, /vp/. When something nice like a Razza Cooza comes along, someone kills the mood by proving themselves rightest and noblest of all.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>26621662
I laughed way too hard at that.
>>
>>26625293
How fucking stoned was Professer Oak when he wrote this? Any faith I had in the man is gone now. Each one of these is Meme-worthy.
>>
>>26620896
>dude if you save twice and reset on mt pyre you can go to a grave and get into an encounter with a Chimecho!

Funnily enough i tried it and that 2% chance kicked in
>>
>>26627869

I'm gonna start using Razza Cooza just to spite you.
>>
>>26621533
no, i did too. i was 6 or 7 when i learnt of them though, i still fuckin believed in santa claus for godssakes
>>
File: 1464669444519.jpg (7KB, 247x200px) Image search: [Google]
1464669444519.jpg
7KB, 247x200px
>>26621662
>Razza-cooza
>>
>>26621414
i knew a black girl named "raquaza". she was from st louis and really annoying
>>
>>26620896
My friend told me that in Emerald, if the launch number reached 200 you could go to space and catch Jirachi. Man, did I wait a while to get disappointed
>>
>>26630653
>4 years
wtf man
>>
File: 1465094629220.jpg (573KB, 1387x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1465094629220.jpg
573KB, 1387x2048px
Bill's backyard has wild mewtwos also the mew truck were the two most common myths of my playground.
>>
>the pokegod and the mew truck rumours eventually came true, sort of

We just have to sit and wait
>>
>>26626785
The way you talk makes me uneasy.
Like you're something pretending to be human. I don't know.
>>
>>26621662
Can we make this the new Fug?
>>
>>26620896
I never believed the truck thing. Or Pikablue. I did however believe the Mossdeep space station Jirachi thing.
>>
>>26621442
I'm still doing this too, just a reflex now. Back in the days, we even used to talk to the Pokémans when we tried to catch them ("stay inside the ball or I kill you, stay inside the ball or I kill you, stay inside the ball or I kill you..."), believing there was a microphone and the Mons could understand what you said (like in "Hey You pikachu")

But well, they fucking didn't. But we didn't feel retarded, since we all did it.
>>
>>26625293
>rare pokemon
>Zubat

I have a theory Oak is just a senile old man
>>
For something a bit different, I didn't believe the guy who told me Mewtwo was in Melee.
I didn't have a Gamecube, and all I knew from the game came from the official website, which only had 4 secret characters (Marth, Pichu, Ganondorf and I think Dr.Mario)
>>
>>26621470
We believed if you used Splash, something would actually happen and he would evolve in Red Gyarados in the middle of the fight (this was once Gold/Silver were out obviously)

We also believed Red Gyarados was an entirely different Pokémon than normal Gyarados. Like different stats and all (witch was kind of true I think, for the IVs at least?)
>>
>>26630820
???? It wasn't 4 years, but it was a while. I don't know the exact details. Maybe it was supposed to get to 0, but I remember that I had the number at one point and nothing happened.
>>
>>26631118
>implying some people stopped threatening wild Pokemon with death even after all these years

It's like button mashing, it mever truly fades away
>>
>>26631204
"In the games, a man by the window will reveal the number of successful launches there have been; the number is an indicator to the number of weeks since the saved game was begun."
>>
>>26630820
>tfw I heard something similar
>and my internal battery died so the count stopped going up
>be young me asking people how to make the count go higher
>>
>>26620896
I didn't believe it
>>
File: 42-b2f.jpg (381KB, 639x575px) Image search: [Google]
42-b2f.jpg
381KB, 639x575px
>When Kakuna evolves into Beedrill, cancel the evolution at the last possible second. You'll unlock a secret evolution that looks like an alien, and it'll allow you to shoot trainers and take their Pokémon.

>If you defeat the Elite Four with just Venusaur, Charmander, and Blastoise, you'll unlock the new region and the starters will get their hidden, fourth evolutions (Sapsaur, Charcoaleon, and Rainer)

>If you defeat the Elite Four with just an Exeggcute, Prof. Oak will give you an egg that will hatch into a Togepi

>You can find an egg in Mt. Moon using the Itemfinder that'll hatch into a Togepi

The last one actually fucked with me as a kid since the Itemfinder was going crazy in Mt. Moon, but I never found any items. Pic related; the Itemfinder kept going off in the green area.
>>
>>26631175
>for the IVs at least?)
Yes, in GS the game determined if a Pokemon was shiny by the IVs, so shiny Pokemon did have higher than average IVs.
>>
File: 1401577427780.png (397KB, 516x479px) Image search: [Google]
1401577427780.png
397KB, 516x479px
>>26627910
>>26627869
>>26627784
Dude, chill. Someone just found the story funny.. no need to go full autist
>>
>>26621523
I know right? :3
>>
>>26625610
>WHERE THE HELL DID THIS COME FROM

People expecting an actual reward from completing the Pokédex.
>>
>>26631727
The lower right wall in the Fossil room is why. It has a hidden Moon Stone
>>
I knew a kid that was convinced Minun would evolve into Latios if you leveled it up enough
>>
File: Arthur.png (58KB, 195x155px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur.png
58KB, 195x155px
>>26621662
>RAZZA
>COOZA
>>
>>26635132
I was told Magikarp evolved into Mew if you put it in the daycare at a certain level.
>>
I was told that if you refused to buy a magikarp from the magikarp salesman about 100 times, he would offer a golden magikarp.
>>
>>26636610
This was FR/LG right?
>>
File: 0a61.png (63KB, 178x249px) Image search: [Google]
0a61.png
63KB, 178x249px
>>26621662
>>
>>26626356
This one time at band camp in school I got near a group of kids playing pokemon. They mashed A when attacking and B when being attacked because "it deals more damage" and "it takes less damage".

When I told them it was an RPG with fixed damage values they literally threatened to hit me "for speaking heresy" probably.
>>
>>26638224
Technically each attack has damage variance.
>>
Swift never misses.
>>
>>26621231
I remember one where if you brought a certain item to the white rock, you could ride a rocket to the moon and catch Jirachi
>>
>>26631869
on average, but not supremely (0/?/10/10/10 or 8/?/10/10/10)
>>
>>26621662
Razza Fugga.
ok i tried.
>>
>>26628073
Ikr someone please help!
>>
Razza my cooza
>>
File: porygonz.png (110KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
porygonz.png
110KB, 429x410px
Back around 2002 or so, a friend of mine told me about pokemon green, and how it was never released in the united states, and how you could get mew in it by visiting some sort of hidden island and catching it there.

>mfw this exact fucking thing is possible in emerald today
>>
>When the space center in R/S got to a certain successful launch number it would take you to the moon to fight Dexoys
>>
Pokérhum.
They said you could buy it in the Olivine Bar on Sunday night, it's like a Max Potion but it also gives Pokérus to your team.
>>
>>26622167
>and it worked.
Most of the time. I offered a friend to clone his starter pokemon but I messed up the timing and it disappeared instead.
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.