[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best remakes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: pokemon-evolution.jpg (43KB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-evolution.jpg
43KB, 500x238px
Let's settle this:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10398978
>>
>>26607288
While I'd actually have a tough time picking between HGSS and ORAS as the better games, HGSS undoubtedly did a much better job at being a remake.
>>
File: Lugia Aeroblast.webm (1MB, 1014x576px) Image search: [Google]
Lugia Aeroblast.webm
1MB, 1014x576px
>>26607288
>settle
Did you REALLY need a poll?
>>
HGSS had the Pokéathlon, so I'll go with that.
>>
>>26607318
we need /pol/
>>
>>26607327
Has anything else utilised the touch screen as greatly as the pokeathlon?
>>
>>26607288
>Looks gorgeous, but took a turn straight down

Sounds about right.
>>
File: 52779412_p28.png (648KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
52779412_p28.png
648KB, 600x1200px
Isn't really a contest
>>
File: hgssvsoras.png (611KB, 1092x1248px) Image search: [Google]
hgssvsoras.png
611KB, 1092x1248px
HGSS>FRLG>ORAS
>>
>>26607393
>FRLG
>Doesn't let you get National Dex pokemon like Crobat until you beat the damn game
>Sevii Islands lame as fuck
>Still no good postgame because nothing before Emerald had a good one
Also I'm getting tired of seeing people do the physical accessory argument, because not even every copy of FRLG came with the wireless adaptor, and it's not like it did much at all, anyways. It's always been an opinion thing, yet every time someone likes ORAS more, someone has to go "that opinion is wrong!"
>>
>poll
>settling anything
>>
>>26607552
that opinion IS wrong you stupid fuck

The same way that "Gays, women, and minorities don't deserve any rights" is a wrong opinion unless you're on /pol/
>>
>>26607552
For every useful feature ORAS brought to the table, there's an inexcusable flaw.
With FRLG, the only legitimate flaw was not having access to the friendship evos. Other than that it's just your opinion on what is a flaw.
>>
>>26607288
While HGSS did give it a fresh new look it did fail to rectify a lot of the issues the original game had and make it an interesting game as well as making several features worse like the safari zone, it also relied on total gimmicks like the Pokeathlon.

At the same time ORAS did try to make changes to the game and improve on the experience but it didn't exactly work in some ways and left it a really polarizing game. It did have a lot more player utilities and improvements to previous mechanics than HGSS though but then there was the removal of Emerald elements like the BF.

IMO it would have to go to ORAS because of how useful it was.
>>
>>26607610
>there's an inexcusable flaw.
Such as?
Because I guarantee that the majority of them are your opinions as well.
>>
>>26607599
Did you even try?

Did you even try to make a post just then?
>>
>>26607621
The Safari Zone was better. Even if you had to follow the Warden's challenge of catching a Geodude and such, the arrangement was great for letting you get things like Larvitar early.
>>
>>26607621
>making features worse
How is replacing "nothing" with "something" at all worse?
>relied on the pokeathlon
Literally how? You never,ever have to set foot in the Pokeathlon. That's like saying Hoenn relied on contests or Sinnoh on the underground or Unova on Join Avenue or something equally stupid
>>
>>26607656
Did you even try?

Did you even try to make a post just then?
>>
>>26607621
>it also relied on total gimmicks like the Pokeathlon.
>not loving the pokeathlon
>>
HG/SS had the best source material so that helped. Gen 2>gen 1>gen 3
>>
>>26607645
Shrinking Granite Cave and New Mauville, removing the Game Corner and Battle Frontier, turning the Safari Zone into just a regular route, and the ORAS megas not being transferable to XY.
>>
>>26607740
Has granite cave been shrunk?
Yes you don't explore it to go meet stephen but otherwise it is still pretty big
>>
>>26607740

>ORAS megas not being transferable to XY
that's like saying "i'm mad that i can't send my cyndaquil back to my copy of blue." that's always been a flaw in pokemon games and doesn't lessen the quality of ORAS
>>
>>26607288
HGSS is obviously the best, but FRLG should be second. It's a remake of a fairly simple game, with the smallest region in the series, but it still added an entire fucking archipelago, which is far more added content than ORAS had.
>>
>>26607817
>i'm mad that i can't send my cyndaquil back to my copy of blue.
No, jackass. It's more like not being able to send your Cyndaquil from HGSS into DPP.
>>
>>26607662
>How is replacing "nothing" with "something" at all worse?
Because removing tedium is better than stacking more on top of it. Then there's the fact that customization took anything from a week to a few months to take effect and add to the variety.
Oh and the fact that it didn't feel like a safari zone because they were just square areas. Even the ORAS version felt more like a regular Safari Zone than that did.

Also congrats on focusing on an example of a gimmick other than the fact that the game as a whole relied on gimmicks to sell for example the pokewalker.
Hell, it, the Pokeathlon and following pokemon even made it onto the back of the box as a selling point rather than other meaningful features.
>>
>>26607900
More like being mad your rotom from Platinum can't change forms when you send it to DP
>>
>>26607907
except for the fact that "meaningful features" and "gimmicks" are entirely subjective and you are gay
>>
>>26607817
>>26607900
You're both wrong, it's more like sending back Origin Giratina and the Griseous orb.
They didn't exist at all in DP.
>>
>>26607907
>>26607907
>wildly popular world building features, periperals and minigames are pointless gimmicks because i didn't care for them

next time just say that instead of feigning intellectualism
>>
>>26607917
Except the items to change the Rotom formes weren't in DP. They could have patched the ORAS Mega stones into XY.
>>
HGSS was an amazing experience. Never got to really play GSC as a kid because I decided to get MMX2 instead of a gameboy, and I'm so glad that Johto got made so well.Beautiful region, and even though following pokemon didn't do much, they added a ton of flavor. Same for the radio, with all those cute and silly conversations. So great for battles too, never missed out on those. I still remember it fondly and think it's one of the best games for the DS.

ORAS was really good to go through. I actually started it on a low note because of all the negativity I got from /vp/, but I regret letting it get to me since I really ended up turning around from it. Secret Base upgrades, more megas, taking the bottom screen stuff from last game and expanding upon it even more, the amazing Wally fight, the updated team bases, just so much good stuff. My favorite though is all the flavor it also got. The diaries in the bases, Pokenav talks, a small plot for contest goers, more tie-ins to other regions and even more that I can go on about.

It's a hard choice, but I gotta go with ORAS personally. I love both games so damn much, but I feel that for me at least, ORAS was just a tad nicer. That said, if someone went up to me and asked which to buy between the two, I'd say to fuck choosing and just get both.
>>
>>26607977
Why couldn't they patch the items into DP?
>>
>>26608019
Because DS games couldn't get patches.

Now you're just playing dumb.
>>
>>26607969
>>wildly popular world building features, periperals and minigames are pointless gimmicks because i didn't care for them
>wildly popular
Yeah no.
There's very little talk about those features outside of here and I wouldn't be surprised if most people who bought HG/SS have lost their pokewalkers due to how useless the thing was.

And yes, the thing was useless because not only did it give one level for each walk instead of working like the day care, but unlocking the pokemon found outside of Johto or within HG/SS' post game took longer than playing the actual game so by the time you unlocked them there was no real point in the course.
Not to mention that you had to walk at least 10,000 or 100,000, one of the two, steps to have the ability to encounter every pokemon on the course and the rarer pokemon had absurdly low encounter rates.

Also the safari zone, at least in that incarnation, was not a world building feature. In fact it did the opposite because there's no reason why fake objects should attract Pokemon from overseas if you place a specific amount of them across a single square.

Oh and the Pokeathlon does literally nothing, the medals aren't even retained in the data of the pokemon if I remember right.
>>
FRLG is the best as a remake

HGSS is the best game overall

I like ORAS the most because it doesn't upset my extremely nitpicky autism over Johto and I like Hoenn as a region more than Kanto
>>
>>26608120
>And yes, the thing was useless because not only did it give one level for each walk instead of working like the day care, but unlocking the pokemon found outside of Johto or within HG/SS' post game took longer than playing the actual game so by the time you unlocked them there was no real point in the course.
>Not to mention that you had to walk at least 10,000 or 100,000, one of the two, steps to have the ability to encounter every pokemon on the course and the rarer pokemon had absurdly low encounter rates.
Pretty much everything you said there is total bollocks
>>
>>26608214
>Pretty much everything you said there is total bollocks
And yet you haven't made a single argument against it. Here's a fun fact, when the game came out I used the Pokewalker every day, even more so when the Pikachu event course came out.

And about that course, there was no way to tell what Pikachu you were battling against so you had to just try your luck.
And here's where I'm a little foggy and you can correct me, I think all of your Watts collected were transferred to the game next time you connected which was the only way you could tell which one you got so it was a system of grinding upon grinding.
>>
>>26608337
>unlocking any found outside of johto took longer than playing the game
You got Kangaskhan first course

>walk 10,000 or 100,000 steps to find every pokemon on a course
A few thousand, depending on the course and what fat ass doesn't do 7,000-10,000 steps daily anyway?

>the rarer ones had low encounnter rates
Not really
>>
Johto is best
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.