[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sun and Moon Legendaries First Impressions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (20KB, 343x147px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
20KB, 343x147px
I am really not liking what i'm seeing. Solgaleo is just a Pyroar on crack and Lunala is just Mega Zubat. Solgaleo's typing makes him weak to Fire, Ground, Dark, and Ghost types moves making him crappy even in general game play and Lunala is just a Hoopa Unbound Clone. One of the most defining things of a Pokemon game is the Legendary, its one of the things that makes you decide on what Version you're choosing. With the information we have now, I think i'm leaning on the Pokemon Sun, but Solgaleo is going straight into the PC. What are your opinion's?
>>
>>26605181
>Solgaleo's typing makes him weak to Fire, Ground, Dark, and Ghost
>He doesn't understand Steel-type
>>
>>26605181
>Hoopa Unbound clone
>different typing
>totally different abilities
>guaranteed different stats
What?
>>
>>26605540
The fuck are you memeing about?
>>
>>26605181
>Hur dur its based on the same animal as another pokemon that makes it the same
They look fine to me, I like the lion guy. people are pissy about steel type but at least it's something interesting. Also who the fuck cares if it's metagross 2, I thought metagross was good?
>>
I like em. I'm always partial to cat pokemon though.
>>
>>26605607
its just a normal hoopa clone, hoopa unbound is psychic dark instead of psychic ghost
>>
>>26605181
Better that than Lugia 2.0 and Mega Sawsbuck.
>>
>>26605181
>Lugia the guardian of the Sea isn't a water type
>Primal-Groudon the creator of the land is weak to ground
Don't act like it never happend before.
>>
File: kyurem.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
kyurem.png
58KB, 250x250px
>>26605181

>psychic/ghost

Looks like we've got another UU/NU legendary on our hands

I still don't like using legendaries in-game though. I hope there is eventually just a normal ghost/psychic type Pokemon.
>>
The real thing that worries me about gen 7 is that the Synergy Stones from Pokken seem to be making an appearance in the character designs.

I really don't like all this "synergy" stuff. Gaining psychic links with my Pokemon so we can fight as one just really doesn't feel like Pokemon.
>>
Before I saw the legendaries, i was planning to get moon
then I saw the designs and I wanted Sun
then Solgaleo decided to be Metagross, and now I'm getting moon again
>>
>>26607615
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't hoopa unbound uber? How exactly could this be that different to him?
>>
>>26607744
>gen 5 designs don't really feel like pokemon
>mega evolution doesn't feel like pokemon
>synergy stones don't really feel like pokemon

Honestly, people just need to accept that gamefreak are changing what pokemon is right now. At least give them points for being innovative, I don't know about you but I'm starting to get sick of pokemon in its current state so I'd welcome almost any change.
>>
>>26607615
It has multiscale(basically) so provided it's stats and moves are int he right places it could be very good.
>>
>>26608462
Hoopa-U is Psychic/Dark. Much better type than Psychic/Ghost.
>>
>>26605540
You do know steel type lost its resistance to Ghost and Dark in gen 6, right?
>>
>>26608616
Ah forgot about that, how does hoopa itself hold up?
>>
If you would have told me a few months ago the Sun legendary was weak to Fire and the Moon legendary was weak to Dark, I would have laughed my ass off and disregarded it. But holy shit. This is just as bad as BW featuring the mascot of the opposite color.
>>
>>26608742
it's in RU and sometimes used in UU IIRC
>>
>>26606465
Kind of like how Yveltal was a Murkrow clone, right?
>>
>>26607615
>UU/NU
It's going straight to OU like Kyurem-Black, unless it has horrendous stats and movepool (almost impossible considering the 670~690 BST).
>>
>>26609170
Isn't it though?
>>
>>26609219
Murkrow was a fast support Pokemon with Prankster in Gen 5. In Gen 6, it's used as a wallbreaker.
Honchrow's a mon with insane attack power, shit defenses and average Speed. Used as a Moxie sweeper and cleaner.
Mandibuzz (and Vullaby) are slow defensive and utility Pokemon that last long.
Yveltal is a bruiser. It hits hard without special conditions like Honch's Moxie or a set up move. It's pretty much always used as a mixed set, unlike any of the above.
>>
>>26605181
It's probably for the better if they both end up OU for some reason.

I imagine Solgaleo being a much safer alternative to Mega Metagross, probably similar to Entei in some regards too. Lunala will struggle with its humongous weaknesses, but it will be the new standard bearer of whether a Pokemon with two 4x weaknesses can truly be strong or not.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.