[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RBY Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: Pokemon-Red-Blue.jpg (146KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Red-Blue.jpg
146KB, 970x545px
You've probably all moved on from this by now but I recently started playing through Blue on the eShop, so how about a comfy RBY thread?
Did you enjoy revisiting gen 1?
I'm trying not to cheat with the exception of the Mew glitch.
Will I be able to trade my level 25 Pikachu from Blue to Yellow, learn Thunderbolt without having to use the TM, then trade back to Blue? I have the same plan for Nidoran and Double Kick
>>
File: 1465015032320.gif (842KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1465015032320.gif
842KB, 500x540px
Felt a bit like the good old days before things got complicated.

>Good times were had.
>>
>>26604745
It reminded me of how GOAT pokemon would be if they stopped after gen II. Srs.
>>
Honestly it made me appreciate the newer games. I had forgotten how clunky and poorly-aged these things were.

That said, I'm still excited for the inevitable GSC release.
>>
I downloaded Blue Version myself last month. avoided Saffron like the fucking plague and did everything else possible (Fuscha, Seafoam, power plant, Cinnabar, etc)

apparently Rock Tunnel is where a lot of people lose interest, but for me its the Silph Co. Building. can't get invested enough to finish it.
>>
couldn't finish it

gen 6 made me too spoiled
>>
>>26604931
If they had stopped after gen II the games would be legendary and there would be people whining in forums for a sequel to this day.

With how 90's nostalgia the second half of this decade is turning out to be, that world's version of gen III would probably be released around this year too.
>>
>>26604950
But I want HGSS, not GSC.
>>
Why not just play FRLG on an emulator?
Oh...you have no taste?
>>
>>26604990
>playing on an emulator
What are you? Poor?
>>
>>26605006
?
>>
>>26604990
Because nostalgia, something you don't have because you are a little boy.
>>
File: 1439444414167.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1439444414167.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>26605060
I don't have nostalgia for shit. I have taste.
>>
>>26604745
Playing Yellow in my spare time now, hopefully I can finish it.

Got 2 glitch mons on my team, they're amazing. I'm worried that my use of the Mew glitch (since I have to catch these mons twice) may have caused some important NPCs to disappear. I'm hoping that hasn't happened, but something is probably gone.
>>
>>26604745
You will need a second 3d with an E hop game (Or be one of those techno-wizards who can creat save-states) but otherwise yeah.

I had a lot of fun with it, mainly because this was my first time playing through RBY "Right". A full team of six was fun to balance, especially since crappy movelists made TM use crucial.

I did a Missingo'd to oblivion run afterwards, but I was pleasantly surprised with how much fun I had. I honestly kid of thought I'd peter off by about halfway through.
>>
File: neckbeard.png (117KB, 320x263px) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.png
117KB, 320x263px
>>26605079
>I have taste
Oh my bad bro, I didn't know you had "taste"! I guess that means your opinion is always right

Just admit that the reason you can't appreciate the originals is that you weren't actually there for Gen 1. Nobody will judge you for that
>>
>>26605235
Prove it
>>
>>26605235
That picture perfectly sums you up
>>
File: newmanlaugh.gif (499KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
newmanlaugh.gif
499KB, 500x375px
>>26604990
>>26605079
>animeposter
>taste
>>
>>26604745
I am not a fan of them.

Going back to them after all this time opened my eyes a bit.

Fast filling PC, no running, no physical/special split, no balance, shit sprites.

They are not that good. They are easily the worst gen
>>
>>26605115
>I'm worried that my use of the Mew glitch (since I have to catch these mons twice) may have caused some important NPCs to disappear.
Wait, what? Is this a thing?
>>
>>26604990
Please stop baiting already, it's annoying to see people not try harder just because it's /vp/.
>>
I tried getting a living dex, and it really is fucked to try that with the horrible PC system. Made me really appreciate the newer gens.
Never had a chance to actually play Gen 1 though (FRLG don't count, and I always got bored of playing on an emulator), so this was a neat little experience. It's funny how strong crits were, and how nobody learned any good moves until like level 40 or shit.
>>
>>26605766
Yes. Every time you use the glitch, something (NPC or item) will disappear because the encounter is treated like a legendary one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYNqXzTKzcw
>>
>>26605840
well fuck, I thought it was consequence free. does it happen all the time? I hope I don't lose anything important.
I attempted a second glitch where the game sort of froze, so I reset it, hopefully that was inconsequential
>>
>>26605079
Yeah.

Shit taste.
>>
>>26604989
Go to a store and buy it.
>>
>>26604745
I remembered about the limited item space and I had trouble salvaging items when I was in the middle of a cave.
>>
>>26605948
I'm not sure, it might. I think it only effects NPCs and items outside and not stuff in buildings.

I have the feeling I made the Rocket guard in front of Silph Co. disappear because I remember there was one that was sleeping if you talked to him; he's completely gone on my game.
>>
>>26606131
You seen the price of it?
>>
I'm still playing through mine!
Put it down a few months ago and only picked it back up recently. Just about to challenge Erika

Venusaur lvl 32
Raichu lvl 32
Nidoking lvl 32
Arcanine lvl 32

Gonna add a water type and see if I can get a tauros, or maybe just buy a scyther from the game corner

I forgot how piss poor all the level up moves are in this game and the bag space, good god the bag space
>>
I play Yellow from time to time, I just defeated Blaine. I'm kinda underleveled to beat Giovanni so I get bored of grinding. Honestly this game's major fault is the lack of moves.
>>
does anyone teach Strength to one of their main bro's, or do you all bring in a HM slave?
>>
>>26604966
I didn't know people could be this pathetic.
>>
>>26604950
Only the Pokémon sprites are aged.
I've never played these before and really enjoyed them.

Sure, they missed some ease of play stuff like item organization, a good PC, and running shoes. But that isn't a big deal, the actual game holds up fine and is really the core before a lot of the bullshit.
>>
>>26605306
Jesus you're a whiny bitch with no taste. Go back to touching your Lucario's crotch in Aime.
>>
>>26605301
Not contributing. Nice tumblr gifs though.

>>26605805
Not contributing. It's a legit concern. Your lack of quality.

>>26606108
Glad you see the arrow of your ways.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.