/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/ I need some advice. Loved Pokemon growing up, huge nerd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (2MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1136x640px
Hey /vp/ I need some advice. Loved Pokemon growing up, huge nerd that wasted thousands of hours over the first 4 gens. I want to play again in my free time, what generation do you guys recommend that's not overwhelming?
I come from /o/. Something feels right about driving up our local mountain park to play Pokemon for hours.
>>
>>26598218
>>26598218
Gen 5, no doubt. The only Gen I would consider perfect.

Play BW then BW2.
>>
>>26598218
Black and White 2 are pretty solid all-rounders. You don't really need to know about the story before then, just that Team Evil used to have a point, and the weirdo with the Dragon used to be a bad guy.

Otherwise, good mons, good gameplay, and an acceptable story.
>>
>>26598249
>Skipping BW1
Don't make the same mistake I did, OP. BW1 before BW2 makes the experience ten times better. And theyre not far off in content quality at all.
>>
>>26598263
Well, take his word for it, I guess. I played both, so he has more experiance than I in this field.

Black or White it is. When you move on to the sequel, stay on-color. I had a friend who jumped colors thinking he'd get everything. Don't be him.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 539x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 539x639px
>>26598240
>>26598249
>>26598263
Wow thanks guys my board is dead at this hour. Now I understand gens come in pairs (I haven't even paid attention after Diamond and Pearl) so is there a black and/or white? any major differences? Usually it's just different Pokemon in different areas iirc.
In the meantime, more of my /o/ stuff as filler
>>
>>26598312

The difference between Black and White are the wild Pokemon, which Legendary you get, which Legendary a different character gets, and what belief said character follows (truth or ideals).

Honestly, just pick which one you want based on the Legend and Exclusive moms. You get the box Legendary by the way.

Make sure you don't switch versions with the sequel. If you chose Black, play Black 2.

Hope you have fun OP. Its an overall great gen with what Id say is the most engaging story and characters and a really cool slew of Pokemon.
>>
File: image.jpg (250KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250KB, 960x960px
>>26598358
I think I've got it, I'll do a little research to see which I should get without spoiling anything and then advance without crossing colors. Thank you guys, nicest board on 4chan award.
Aut/o/fag out.
>>
>>26598380
godbless and careful with those wheelies
t. ktm superdukefag
>>
>>26598380
>nicest board on 4chan
you just gor luckt ITT. Usually, a thread like this would spark a Gen war within three IPs. good news is most GenVfags are generally polite from what I've seen. i prefer Gen III the most, but that's just me personally. BW are great choices.

Bulbapedia's pages on BW also give a list of the version differences and exclusive mons, if you were wondering.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.