[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
Find a flaw.
>>
No legendaries in the cover
>>
>>26596869
....?
>>
>>26596869

1.No legendaries in the cover

2. Only having 386 Pokémon.
>>
>>26596869
Fucking handholdy as fuck tutorial.

Seriously, first Professor Oak practically walks you through the first rival, then the old man literally gives you a "Teachy TV" full of "how to play Pokemon". Not to mention the L and R buttons are set to pull up a help menu by default and the menus always tell you what exactly each option does with no way to turn that off.

It is literally designed to be Baby's first Pokemon game. And it worked, as it ended up being mine, but I literally can't replay it without cringing at the handholdiness.
>>
>>26596869
>poor type diversity, as expected of gen 1
>lacks the phys/spec split and some key moves

That's about it. Pretty much perfect otherwise.
>>
File: greattaste.jpg (159KB, 1019x762px) Image search: [Google]
greattaste.jpg
159KB, 1019x762px
>>26596869
These are my favorite games but I think they have a few flaws.

>breeding is a bitch
>item limit
>roaming legendaries glitch
>trading is slow

I play these games all the time and will probably be playing them until the end of time. I had a really hard time coming up with flaws.
>>
I just wanted a day night cycle to get my espeon
>>
>>26596869
having played rby after frlg...frlg has horrible balance in the blaine-e4 segment despite introducing new areas. it doesn't matter as much in rby because everything's so shitty that level doesn't super matter but the level hike is annoying in frlg, especially because the vs seeker doesn't give you decent rematches till the postgame. grinding in caves (seafoam/victory road) is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>26596869
They're Kanto games
>>
Breeding impossible til the tacked on islands. Can't trade with rse til them either. Washed out colors.
>>
>>26597067

>not setting it to L=A and playing two pokemon games at ones.

disdain for pleb.jpg
>>
>>26597526
Agreed. It gets very grindy near the end and there's no fun way to get experience either. Fortunately, with enough revives and full restores, it's not impossible to take down the E4 and Blue using really defensive strategies (Toxic, Burn, Confuse, Leech Seed) with an underleveled team.

It's nice to be challenged in Pokemon for once, but taking on the Pokemon League with only Poison types and being all under level 55 was not comfy in the slightest. And in case you're wondering, I got lucky that Blue's Alakazam kept spamming Future Sight instead of Psychic.
>>
>>26597563
I said by default you fucknugget. You can switch it all you like, but when you boot up a new save file it'll be Help menu by default.
>>
>>26597639

So, thats a 10 second fix, how is that a problem?
>>
>>26596884
Funny
>>
>>26597608
oh man, i always had fun with agatha's haunter--leech seed it with some grass/poison type and then just sit there and use the pokéflute over and over again while it tries to hypnosis/dream eater you. doesn't even matter if you can't damage it, since it'll never do anything else and she's too dumb to switch, and you basically have infinite Awakenings because of the flute. nice way to get her to use up her full restores if you wanna sit there an extra eight turns, too.
>>
>>26596869
Dex limitations / can't trade eggs til post E-4. Only flaw. It and Emerald would be the GOAT of the series if it weren't for this.
>>
>>26597655
Wouldn't be on its own. Just fix it when you fix the text speed.

It's part of the larger problem though.
>>
>>26596869
>Golbat is evolving!
>Huh? Golbat stopped evolving!
Every. fucking. level.
>>
Physical/special split hadn't been implemented yet.
>>
>Pokemon with new evos cant evo til post-game
>all that questing just so you can trade with Hoenn/Orre
>>
>>26597757
That's subjective. That fucked as many Pokemon as it helped.
>>
>>26597272
I have emerald I was going to use for Espeon and Umbreon but my battery died. I like that there is no clock feature on FRLG though.
>>
>>26597809
People always say this but I can't think of anything that was hurt
>>
>>26597555
That's not a flaw, that's what makes it beautiful.
>>
>>26597714
Why would you stop your Golbat from evolving?
>>
>>26597957
The game stops it for you. No Crobat until you get the National Dex.
>>
>>26596869
It's not Emerald
>>
>>26597957
because crobat is illegal in kanto apparently
>>
No day/night cycle to evolve eevee into Umbreon or Espeon.
>>
>>26597976
Well, that's fucking bullshit.
>>
>>26597809
>That fucked as many Pokemon as it helped.
How did the physical/special split fuck over pokemon? It pretty much the reason why Gen 4's metagame was the best/flourishing.
>>
>>26596869

Can't trade with RSE until after the champion

Item limit

I can't for the life of me find my FR nor my LG cartridges, I wish i could replay them
>>
>>26596869
>Can't evolve Golbat
>Enemy pokemon delevelled and de-evolved throughout the game
>The Diary
>No Phys/Spec split
>No Day-Night cycle because fuck Umbreon and Espeon
>Shit exp curves
>Opposing pokemon filled up their movesets with all of the garbage from gen 2 and 3 instead of actual moves.
>Sevii islands written and directed by a six-year-old. Lostelle is lost. Fucking seriously?
>Introduced Blast Burn. Fucking Blast Burn.
>Gary, AKA Blue, AKA Asshat got a Tyranitar.

Leaf makes up for almost all of this, mind.
>>
>>26598097
tell me whats wrong with diary?
>>
>>26596869
less features than R/S
>>
>>26598086
>stealth rocks and technician bullet punch: The Meta
ok
>>
>>26598097
>not liking the diary
Get a load of this fag
>>
>>26598142
>being asshurt by stealth rock back then

How bad r u?
>>
File: Zubat.jpg (70KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Zubat.jpg
70KB, 512x512px
>>26596869
Not starting with national dex.

Seriously.
>>
>>26598118
I have 10 minutes to play pokemon. I want to spend that time playing pokemon, not spending a minute of it looking at what I did the last time I had 10 minutes.
>>
>>26598182
Not pressing a and skipping it

Nigga the diary was great.
>>
>>26597809
Off the top of my head, physical hidden power screwed over some physical sweepers' coverage, Sceptile barely does more damage with Leafblade despite the base power buff, and special sweepers that relied on ice/fire/thunder punch, like Alakazam
>>
File: 1464063795962.png (93KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1464063795962.png
93KB, 320x240px
>>26598182
>>26598208
>watching video of people soft reseting for shiny
>they keep pressing A multiple times
>they don't realize you could just press B once and skip it all
>>
Kanto
>>
>>26597976
Exactly why hgss were superior remakes.
Fucking rocked a togekiss through the whole game.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.