[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: pokemon-z.jpg (345KB, 760x695px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-z.jpg
345KB, 760x695px
Anyone know why a third version of Pokemon XY never happened? Isn't it weird?that suddenly GF decided to break the cycle? Does this mean GF will make only two games from now on?
>>
File: 1464912416410.png (78KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1464912416410.png
78KB, 649x649px
>>26594774
>Implying the cycle wasn't broken already in Gen V
>>
File: ReggieFilsAmie.jpg (26KB, 412x423px) Image search: [Google]
ReggieFilsAmie.jpg
26KB, 412x423px
Now it'll just be the new region games + remakes. Welcome to hell.
>>
File: 1464866665824.png (614KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464866665824.png
614KB, 640x960px
>>26594774
>cycle
>>
Seems like they want fewer games per gen now (four rather than the five it was at before) to curb gash grab criticism. So maybe we get sequels in gens that we don't get remakes. Or, more likely, they're just doing what they want and that they think might be surprising.
>>
>>26594774
>Isn't it weird?that suddenly GF decided to break the cycle?
>suddenly

They broke that """""cycle""""" with Black/White 2.
>>
>>26594774
Technically we haven't had a third game since Platinum, B2W2 being the games that broke the pattern. A Z was completely expected with Gen 6, Masuda himself saying around the time that ORAS was revealed that he doesn't want the next games in the series to be something fans can expect, he wants them to be a surprise. Everyone expected a Z version with Gen 6, we skipped straight to Gen 7 instead. Now its different, people are actually not expecting a third version, which means GameFreak could easily surprise us and bring us an Eclipse version to say fuck you to any preconceived patterns. They work in mysterious ways at times, we need to remember that.
>>
>>26595038
why the condescending quotes? the system they had was pretty set in place before gen 5, and they even talked about deliberately changing it up with that gen soo.... yeah
>>
>>26594774
The cycle was literally destroyed by BW2.

Something that shouldn't have been done in the first place.

It could also be that GF is holding off on a sequel to XY for the next gen console or after SM.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>26594774
>>26594838
>The 2nd gen 7 game is a Platinum remake
>>
>literally only two gens of 2 main + 3rd special edition

>it's a cycle guys!!!!!!!!
>>
>>26596120
Are you retarded?

Red and Blue/Green were released in 1996.

Yellow followed in 1998.

Gold and Silver were released in 1999.

Crystal followed in 2001.

Ruby and Sapphire were released in 2002.

Emerald followed in 2005.

Diamond and Pearl were released in 2006.

Platinum followed in 2009.

This was 13 years of an ESTABLISHED cycle of repitition which GF themselves had established.

The only reason BW2 exist and broke said cycle is some retard in development pitched the idea of creating two versions instead of one, leading to a poor attempt at a cashgrab.

They could've literally created a single third version with all the content and provided decisions which would impact which of Kyurem's formes you would get, but instead we got 2 games instead of a single third. Therefore Kyurem will always be an incomplete abomination because it's BW Pokedex entry has been retconned out of existence.

That's not to say they weren't good games, but the reality stands.

There was an established cycle of repetition for more than 2 gens you imbecile.
>>
>>26596233
wrong
between RS and E gen 1 remake was released
I want Z to happen after S&M but your pattern is shit
>>
>>26594774
XY were released in 2013. I think they realized that it would have been tedious to STILL be playing the "same" story with the same pokemon in 2016-2017/18.
>>
>>26596233
The only time it was released like that was gen 2 and gen 4. Others weren't two games or they had other games released I between
>>
>>26595070
Wonder how confuse people would get if we actually get Z after S/M to make it a "surprise".
People are expecting a remake maybe they would releases a kalos third version for the fuck of it.
>>
File: 1462753607782.gif (404KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1462753607782.gif
404KB, 500x378px
>>26594838
>Gen 8 will have Gen 5 remakes
>Gen 5 will get casualised
>Gen 9 will have Gen 6 remakes
>Gen 6 will be even more casual than before
>>
>>26596361
Are you retarded?

We're talking the cycle that has always been existent as of Gen 2 until Gen 5 broke said cycle. That cycle is a pair of games are released which after a while, a SINGLE "perfected" version of said games is released.

Remakes are not included in this time line because there was no established cycle for them due to it being at the discrepancy of Nintendo.

So eat shit, asshole.

Just stop being a dense retard.
>>
>>26597199
BW didn't need one "complete" game because BOTH legendaries were relevant on each game, not just one of them appears and the other is like it doesn't exist
BW didn't broke the cycle, because there is none
>>
It's because Gen V didn't move to the 3DS only, and stayed a DS game.

The full cycle was:
2 main generation games
1 Sequel game
Move to new generation hardware

Starting in Gen 3, they added remakes after the sequel to pad out until the next generation of hardware. But they completed both the sequel and the remakes in gen four, and still were on the same hardware when gen five came out. now gen six and seven are on the same hardware too, but the next gen hardware is by all accounts coming in a year, which means we might not even see gen seven remakes.

gen 1 (gameboy), gen 2 (gameboy color), gen 3 & remakes of gen 1 (gameboy advanced), gen 4 & remakes of gen 2 (DS), gen 5 and no remakes (DS again), gen 6 no 3rd game and gen 3 remakes (3DS). Gen 7 now comes at the end of the new 3DS lifecycle, so its not even a given we'll even see either a sequel or remakes of gen 4 as gen 7 games.
>>
>>26594774
Dude I'm not sure myself I highly doubt there going to make a pokemon z cause of how they already had events with the "Z" unlike of what they did with pokemon pearl/diamond and platinum where they made events for the pearl/diamond so they can have giratina when platinum came out
>>
>>26598083
There's no fucking pattern, shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>26597831
You're really fucking retarded.

Don't reply to me you ignorant sack of shit.
>>
File: zygardesunmoon.png (363KB, 809x572px) Image search: [Google]
zygardesunmoon.png
363KB, 809x572px
GS came out, C came out with plotline about third legendary
RS came out, E came out with plotline about third legendary
DP came out, Pt came out with plotline about third legendary
BW came out, BW2 came out with plotline about third legendary
XY came out, SM coming out with plotline about third legendary

I don't see any cycle broken. They're just getting less and less blatantly rehashy with it. BW2 had different protags/story/region layout now SM has everything BW2 had but also new Pokemon and new region.
>>
>>26595070
Nah people still do expect third version of Sun and Moon despite no Z
>>
>>26599090
I don't. 6 pentagon slots. 6 games. SM will be the last games on the 3DS. Next pair of games will be on a new handheld.
>>
>>26594774
GF does their best to stay unpredictable, though usually only one step at a time. It makes it entertaining to follow. That's the point.
>>
>>26596745
>implying they won't remake the Kanto and Johto remakes first
>>
>>26599102
Well a lot of people will expect third version just like they expected Z despite the fact that BW2 broke the circle

Personally i'll wiat to see if Zygarde forms are in Sun and Moon to even think about any future games. If Zygarde forms are anime-only then Pokemon is fucked and that means we'll be getting more of those
>>
>>26594774
>Does this mean GF will make only two games from now on?
I hope so. I never did like playing the same game again. BW2 was alright, because it was a different story and characters.
>>
>>26599026
If pic related is a thing SUMO will actually be 6.5

huh. weird.
>>
>>26599391
No, it wont be. If anything it will be gen 7 with gen 6 epilogue
>>
>>26599401

so 6.5 then

>gen 6 3rd main legend
>final form in gen 7
>literally 6.5

I thought people were being fucking stupid but the meme magic is getting stronger. I dont know what to say.
>>
File: 1464929738454.png (90KB, 280x232px) Image search: [Google]
1464929738454.png
90KB, 280x232px
>>26599194

>wanting more legendaries

kys
>>
>>26599465
Well no, just like gen 2 wasnt gen 1.5

Only because it might bring old plot points (still not confirmed but likely given that Zygarde is still a mystery in the anime) it doesnt mean its the same gen
>>
>>26599474
So tell me do you want more anime-exclusive Pokemon?
>>
>>26599474
Zygarde Complete isn't even a new legendary, its just a form

More legendaries will be getting introduced regardless of your thoughts about them. We already have at least 2 coming up in SM.
>>
Honestly, I hope they stop with the whole three version thing.
Platinum and Emerald were the best games GF has ever created for the Pokemon series. B/W come in a close top tier.

Every game afterward has been a decline. They can't seem to do any better. The last good remakes were FR/LG. HG/SS didn't even include the Sevii Islands. I know it's basically a remake of G/S/C, but there are things they decide not to add for some odd reason.

ORAS was a complete remake of R/S with no Emerald elements at all.

I'm getting tired of this.
>>
>>26598083
>but the next gen hardware is by all accounts coming in a year
Fucking source?
>>
It is kind of weird. Gen 6 was the first game without a sequel version.
>>
>>26599465
6.5 is a meme. It's gonna be either 6th or 7th gen.
>>
>>26596745
Pokémon have always been casual
>>
>>26595081
>muh patterns!
>>
>>26594774
Because of attacks in Paris, they didn't want to make another game about terrorists in France. Simple as that.
>>
>>26600688
Suuuure and thats why there will be a big showdown in Lumiose in the anime

retard
>>
>>26596382
This. Times have changed guys : online f2p games are popular like never before, not to mention f2p smartphone games. Fuck, theres even a big amount of kids that prefers to watch others playing games for hours on YouTube.
Third version was and have always been milking the cow.
Imo they just realized that even with all the extra features they could have thinked of, a Z version was too much of a risk of being a flop.
With all the alternatives we have now they thought they couldnt afford to stretch old games anymore and decide to go straight with a new gen
>>
>>26600744
But that means gen 7 will be as short as gen 6 or even shorter
>>
>>26599026
This.
>>
What if. WHAT IF. They just finally realised coming up with new Pokemon was trivial because people will eat up whatever garbage they doodle on a napkin so padding out gens with additional colours is actually not a necessity because all they have to do is randomly generate a new region name, run it through the Pokemon story generator, doodle a bunch of garbage mons and get infinitely more hype than they would from releasing the same game a third time.
>>
>>26600761
A third version could always happen, but not 3 years later. Given the fact that i dont think there will be a DP remake on the 3ds engine, and that the NintendoNX is coming ,gen7 could be even shorter. BUT considering this and the fact that SM celebrates the 20th anniversary , i am hoping theres something big about the games yet to be revealed , something that makes them longeval. "It all comes together"
>>
>>26600744
>Z version was too much of a risk of being a flop.
Now that's what I call shitposting.
>>
>>26600812
>considering this and the fact that SM celebrates the 20th anniversary , i am hoping theres something big about the games yet to be revealed , something that makes them longeval. "It all comes together"

Doubt it. It looks like a regular generation, just like DP was 10th annivesary game
>>
>>26600798
The only person ITT who understands what's going on.

Can't wait for lame postgame till eternity.
>>
>>26599465
>It has information about one pokemon (out of several hundreds) from the last generation
>IT'S A SEQUEL TO THE LAST GENERATION!
That's like saying Junior is a sequel to The Terminator because it also stars Arnold Schwarzenegger.
>>
>>26600842
>>26600798
>It's possible that one pokemon from the last generation might be in the new game
>They're not even trying anymore!
That's a bit of a stretch. It's still entirely possible that Zygarde won't even be in Sun/Moon.
>But what about the moves Zygarde can learn?
And what about the locked up facilities in the desert place in X/Y? Will those be in Sun/Moon too?
>>
>>26599391
>>26599465
Fuck off
>>
>>26600831
Thats what i call being a fucktard.
Tell me why anyone who isnt an obsessed autistic Pokémon fan like yourself would want a game with the same starter and region of 3 years ago.
They are aiming at the bigger target here, sorry they couldnt satisfy your needs you special snowflake zycuck
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.