[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If these games end up being the worst of the franchise, would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
If these games end up being the worst of the franchise, would you leave pokemon entirely?
>>
File: image.png (557KB, 646x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
557KB, 646x375px
No, they won't anyways
>>
Fuck no. What am I? Inbred? They're still entertaining games
>>
No, I am in the minority of people who enjoyed X and Y.
>>
>>26591625
well i didnt drop pokemon after xyoras, so no
also the inevitable gen4 and 5 remakes will save it
>>
>>26591625
Yes. Definitely.

I'll just hope for more original IP by Game Freak after that. Gen 6 made me real bitter.
>>
>>26591625
No, i will never leave Pokemon. I grew up with Pokemon. I will play it till the end.
>>
>>26591625
>gen vi sucking
Not a hard thing to accomplish since the box legendaries are Psychic amd Gen VI saved the franchise with its awesomeness.
>>
>>26591625
Probably. two sets of bad games in a row has kinda made me loose most of my hope for the series. Really hoping 6th gen was just and engine test, seeing as 7th gen will be using it.
>>
>>26591664
>also the inevitable gen4 and 5 remakes will save it
Assuming they aren't awful like ORAS
>>
File: shia enjoys.jpg (143KB, 846x471px) Image search: [Google]
shia enjoys.jpg
143KB, 846x471px
>>26591625

Nah.
>>
>>26591664
>gen 4
>saving anything
>>
>>26591625
No. I'll still be playing and fapping to PokeGirls
>>
>>26591625
It's pretty obivious from the last trailer that they will be complete trash, but you still see people defending and saying it's the best game of the franchise.

So no, people won't leave this shitty franchise.
>>
File: 1463430751525.jpg (72KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1463430751525.jpg
72KB, 500x376px
>>26591850
Pretty bad b8 m8.
>>
Probably not but I am quite optimistic about these ones personally. Not expecting the best gen ever but I like what I've seen so far, and I tend to like the odd numbered gens the best.
>>
>>26591879
>bait
It's just the truth anon,
>>
The happiness pokemon gave me as a kid was priceless. Buying 40 dollar games is nothing to me. I got a job. I enjoyed all 6 gen so far. Expecting to like gen 7 too
>>
>>26591625
I'll leave when the Pokémon franchise dies.
>>
I'm done either way. I'm not going to keep buying nintendo handhelds just for one franchise.
>>
>>26591625
Yes.

At least, I want to. I don't know if I will, but as of this moment that's the plan.
>>
>>26591907
It's not tho
>>
>>26591907
What are you even doing here?
>>
I legitimately don't think I'll ever leave pokemon. Monster catcher games are just very cathartic for me.
>>
I stopped caring for Pokefail years ago.
An overrated, formulaic franchise that appeals to scrubs. An entry level RPG so to speak.

Masuda, Sugimori and Tajiri need to be lined up against the wall for ripping off SMT & now Digimon.
>>
>>26591625
They don't even need to be the worst games.

If some very specific things aren't addressed, I'm out
>>
>>26591661
X/Y were great games aside from the surreal climate changes. I loved the ling gap between gyms in the start and the amount of awesome pokemon to be found.
but for fucks sake don't get me started on oras, what the actual fuck And Anistar city might be one of the most beautiful cities yet!

And the team flair grunt theme, is so great.

If S&M are higher level content, and the routes are very long i'm gonna be in heaven. And i can already tell by the map there's a lot of fucking comfy spots to dig.
>>
>>26592037
Why? I've done that since i was 6.
>>
>>26592142

>I still come to /vp/

McFuckingKillYourself.jpg
>>
>>26591625
They already look better than XY so I doubt it.
>>
>>26591625
It won't be, we already had Gen 6 so nothing could really be worse
>>
>>26591625
Depends on how bad they are

If they're just big disappointments like XY/ORAS I'll probably stick with it, but if it's actually real bad then yes, I'll drop it
>>
I'd probably just skip the next games like I did after BW. I could never entirely drop this series.
>>
>>26591928
How old are you?
>>
>>26592037
>nintendo handhelds
The 3ds will be the last one don't worry. And if the NX ends up being a failure i can assure Nintendo will go full Mobile.
>>
>>26593105
19 hoenn baby
>>
>>26591625
>didn't drop poke after bw/bw2
>didn't play or as
>still anticipating Gen 4 remake
>love grass birb
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (61KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
61KB, 800x522px
>mfw I already have
When will you fools realize that the only reason you still play this shit is because you always have?
>>
>>26591664
Dunno man, I never enjoyed remakes, don't see how I will this time
>>
>>26592142
But SMT and Digimon aren't much better. Entry level and JRPG are mutually exclusive. Play something real-time with PVP like The Settlers. SMT and DIgimon also have reskins. Just utterly disgusting.
>>
>>26591625
probably yeah
>>
>>26592263
The time between the 1st and 2nd gym is GOAT, especially around Ambrette Town
>>
>>26592254
What things?
>>
>>26591625
Nah, I would just pirate them and not buying their shit anymore, but I'll keep autism anyways.
>>
>>26591625

Maybe not entirely, but I'll never buy a pokemon game again.
>>
>>26592263
>>26592654
what did you guys dislike about oras?
>>
>>26591625
Probably not, considering that XYORAS are considered the previous worst and I found them to be the best games since Platinum.
>>
>>26591879
>using the same models in a new generation and just making the hp bars uglier
>>
>>26598425
Does anyone have the picture showing sprite differences per gen and then having the 3d ones onward all be the same?
>>
>>26598425
>not knowing that they future proofed the models
>>
>>26591625
Hell no! A jacked up as X and Y, and ORAS are, they are still the best handheld RPG by a metric fuckton. What's the competition at now, Cyber Sleuth? Hyperdimension Neptunia? Fuck that noise. Pokemon may be flawed, but they are still outperforming those trainwrecks.

>All of the above is null and void whenever a new SMT game releases.
>>
>>26591625
Gen 5 and 6 happened. The question is what will SM do to bring me back.
>>
>>26591625
Hell no! A jacked up as X and Y, and ORAS are, they are still the best handheld RPG by a metric fuckton. What's the competition at now, Cyber Sleuth? Hyperdimension Neptunia? Fuck that noise. Pokemon may be flawed, but they are still outperforming those trainwrecks.

>All of the above is null and void whenever a new SMT game releases.
>>
>>26598553
So that's what happens when your internet cuts out as a post is submitting. The more you know!
>>
No I won't
>>
>>26598483
Cyber Sleuth's overworld is like that of the original Resident Evil. Fixed camera. Screen wipes between hallways. Other than that and its questionable music, it makes Pokemon look like nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4418x3160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4418x3160px
I'm not sure actually. I guess I liked X/Y. The games felt very fresh, the music and region finally felt like a modern RPG and everything about the game's mythos and methodology was commendable. Along with the sweeping gameplay changes it was really enjoyable. Yes, X/Y had a number of flaws, felt rather unfinished and certainly not my favourite Pokemon games, but it felt like the games were going in a decent direction.

But then ORAS happened. Won't write an essay about it but for me they are undoubtedly the worst games in the franchise and the first Pokemon games that I ever sold after completion. So following on from that is probably leaving a bitter taste.

If Sun and Moon also turn out to be bad, I'm really on the fence about dropping the franchise. I'm at a point where I barely care about Nintendo as it is and dropping Pokemon would cut the necessity to buy their handhelds. Though I guess I could see myself dropping the games and sticking with the manga/anime as long as those don't dip quality as well.
>>
>>26598671
I disagree with your opinion about ORAS but I like that art
>>
>>26593976

Then why are you here?
>>
>>26591625
>2050
>Me
>60 years old
>Pokémon This and Pokémon That just came out
>STILL playing it

Pokémon is like masturbation, drugs and 4chan. No matter how shit it is, you know you will keep coming back.
>>
>>26591661
>minority
Do you people only go to /vp/ or something? XY are almost universally loved outside of this shithole.
>>
no, i'll just stop getting hype during leak season and find something else to occupy my time. then when the games are released i'll be like "oh, i forgot about those"; my curiosity will be piqued and i'll buy the games, then rate them for however good i think they are as i play, with no previous hype bias to color my opinion. this is probably how it should have been from the start.
>>
Outside of no Battle Frontier I legitimately don't get the hate for ORAS. I enjoyed it more than X and Y honestly (which I also really didn't dislike). Fucking dexnav is one of my favorite things in the whole series, and I enjoyed all the fun shit to discover and explore.

I'm pretty optimistic about this one. I'm expecting loads of new pokemon and megas, and the region looks neat.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.