[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will any main series villain ever match up again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 13

File: 1094119111280.jpg (123KB, 857x482px) Image search: [Google]
1094119111280.jpg
123KB, 857x482px
Will any main series villain ever match up again?
>>
File: 1421798810643.jpg (181KB, 1744x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1421798810643.jpg
181KB, 1744x1264px
>>
>>26588159
Pretty much every other villain is leagues above Giovanni even TR in Johto accomplished more.
>>
File: 1464389439736.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1464389439736.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>26588159
>mfw tito is the new villian of aloha
>>
File: ghetsislaugh.png (53KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
ghetsislaugh.png
53KB, 280x200px
>>26588159
>Giovanni the generic mafia boss
>Not Ghetsis the pure evil, extremely manipulative sociopath
>>
>>26588175
>gay ecoterrorists
>autist
>insane child abductor
>hitler wannabe

Are you sure about that, anon? Are you really?
All of the above had completely and utterly retarded plots. Giovanni has been the only villain in the series who actually had a believable goal and air of menace about him.
>>
>>26588227
>Giovanni has been the only villain in the series who actually had a believable goal
This is the pokemon universe having a goal with such low aspirations is unbelievable this time anon.
Also that doesn't change the fact that he's accomplished the least and couldn't even steal a masterball.

He was literally just a chump in the boonies.
>>
>>26588159
that's not ghetsis
>>
>>26588250
Red was just more competent
>>
>>26588227
>just a gang leader
vs
>two teams who have their shit in order, managed to steal a submarine, and awaken the legendary that they wanted
>A megalomaniac who wanted to reset the universe in his own image that managed to abuse three legendary pokemon, steal their power and rip out the legendary of time and space out of their home dimensions
Also you've seriously never played a gen 5 game have you because he didn't steal N.
Anyway
>A cold and calculating man who successfully deceived the public and made use of his adopted son's ability to add to his power and wasn't above killing the protagonist and committing atrocious acts
>A man so passionate about the fate of the planet that he wanted to eradicate the people polluting and living off of the world without giving back and was a small notch away from his ultimate goal of cleansing the earth

Looking back on it Giovanni was the worst villain, you can sum him up as "just a gang boss" and that's it he even just gave up after being beaten while at least two of the others didn't.
>>
>>26588343
You've never played Gen 5 apparently, because Anthea and Concordia tell you that Ghetsis just happened to find N in the woods one day. He literally found a random abandoned child and abducted him to use in this evil plans. Unless the whole thing is a cover and he's just ashamed of having N as a son. I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>26588339
>competent
By Giovanni's standards. By anyone elses?
Far from it.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mm8d4h5fNX1qz4rgp.jpg (169KB, 450x635px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mm8d4h5fNX1qz4rgp.jpg
169KB, 450x635px
Ghetshis my fav
>>
>>26588404
>Implying that aqua/magma scrubs were as strong as based team rocker
>>
>>26588401
N was abandoned in the woods because he showed the ability to talk to pokemon which upset the people wherever he was born. Ghetsis found him and legitimately adopted him rather than abducting him out of the blue.

Same with Anthea and Concordia who were given the task of taking care of him after.
>>
File: ghetsis.png (303KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ghetsis.png
303KB, 800x450px
>>26588287
>Only Evil Team Leader able to manipulate a Legendary Pokemon into battling for him.
>Only leader nearly successful in his plans.
>Only leader almost killing the protagonist, only to be cockblocked by another legendary.
>Only leader able to manipulate the entire region into thinking his team is good.
>Adopting stray children and making them do his bidding like an absolute sociopath, claiming to love them while clearly just lying to manipulate them.
>Only evil team leader to just be genuinely evil, except for MAYBE giovanni.
>Only evil leader with actual character development, with him going absolutely mad in the sequel.
>Only evil leader with an actual competent battling party.
Best leader.
>>
>>26588463
>bigger workforce
>considerably more organized
>had a more ambitious goal which they almost succeeded in carrying out
Team Rocket were the worst team in many different ways.
>>
>>26588401
I mean how many people in Pokemon have green hair asides from them and Wally

Also the Zorark theory is cool
>>
>>26588464
Do you seriously believe that Ghetsis genuinely loved N or wanted him enough to legitimately adopt him? Did you even play the games? Ghetsis took N in because he saw an opportunity to use his ability for his own plans. The game tells you this. You're deluding yourself if you think Ghetsis actually cared about N at all.
>>
>>26588214
>>26588343
>generic mafia boss
>just a gang leader
But anons, that's precisely why some people like him the most, especially when you factor in his Pokemon Origins version. Generic guy who starts out like any caring passionate Pokemon trainer, but eventually loses his way, stops caring about them and ends up using them for business and petty small-time money. He's probably the only one of the villains that could actually believably exist in the real world.

Not that I'm saying he's my personal favorite, but the reasons you're knocking him for aren't seen as negatives by Giovanni fans, in fact they're his strong points
>>
>>26588482
>oh noes,this organized horde of zubats and poochyenas is surely going to stop me

Friendly reminder that Giovanni's final team > Archie's/Maxie's final team
>>
>>26588501
There's a difference between love and legitimate adoption anon. Now you're just bringing up null points.
>>
>>26588505
>but the reasons you're knocking him for aren't seen as negatives by Giovanni fans, in fact they're his strong points
If that's his only strong point then it's clear that there's a nostalgia factor when it comes to people liking him.
Even if you include that point there's not much else about him or his team that makes him particularly memorable other than the fact they were the first.

>He's probably the only one of the villains that could actually believably exist in the real world.
Stop thinking that being believable in the real world is the same as being believable in the pokemon world.
>>
>>26588530
But my point is that why would Ghetsis care enough to legitimately adopt him? It's not like he has any real attachment to him beyond using him as a pawn in his plans.

In real life people don't just adopt kids because they can. They have a desire to want children or to form an attachment to children. Ghetsis clearly hates children, and doesn't care about N, so why would he bother adopting a child for himself?

He doesn't raise N himself, he fobs him off on Anthea and Concordia instead, locks him up in a tiny room with only abused Pokemon for company, manipulates him and makes him into his soldier. N is more like a pet dog than his own child.
>>
>>26588628
Manipulation into world domination seems like a pretty damn good reason
>>
>>26588159
>5 surfs and he's done

Seriously
>>
>>26588159
I agree with you, but probably not for the same reasons.

Giovanni was the only one who didn't really care about MC, only when he decided to go all out with pokemon battles and lost that he saw that MC had the same determination he had when he was a kid, and basically envied how much "fun" he was having.

Archie, Maxie and Lysandre thought they were doing the world a favor and they thought that MC would see that and get on their side, only to be proven that they are retarded.

Ghetsis and Cyrus are literally Voldemort, the only thing that could stop them was MC, and they let that happen even though they could easily have killed MC, because he is just a fucking kid.
>>
>>26588628
>But my point is that why would Ghetsis care enough to legitimately adopt him?
The same reason why he told the region he wanted to liberate pokemon.
So as to not draw suspicions.
I mean if a guy rocked up with a kid one day would you not think that's suspicious? Eventually it would lead to him being arrested for legitimate child abduction and all of his plans being for naught.

It's not about attachments it's about making sure nothing goes wrong.
>>
I like Giovanni as he's the only villain to not give a fuck about capturing a legendary mon and using it for his plan.

>Dude [box legendary] to conquer world lmao

Fuck Hoenn
>>
>>26588214
Not my childhood so not as good
>>
>>26588214
Ghetsis doesn't look like a mafia boss at all.
>>
>>26588722
You know Lysandre was a thing right?
Hell he didn't even need the legendary and just stumbled on them one day.
>>
>>26588722
Except he was messing with Mewtwo
>>
>>26588159

match up with what? being a boring, mediocre villain? in a world where you have pokemon all you want is money? fuck off
>>
>>26588771

that's only in the anime. see. he was so boring and had no backstory at all that they had to make somthing cool for him.
>>
>>26588771
Not in the games he wasn't.
In the games he was just a chump gang leader.
>>
>>26588771
There wasn't a scene with Mewtow in Giovanni's lair where you had to fight it in order to stop TR from conquering the world, and it was a post game, optional, area. Nor is Mewtwo a box legendary.

From gen III to VI, all box legendaries have been tied to the story/evil team wanting to use them.

>>26588767
He needed them to power up the weapon
>>
>>26588562
None of the villians other than Giovanni are believable in any world. They're just dumb bottom tier anime villian crap.
>>
>>26588690
>>26588722
desu, I only like Giovanni because he is not a sore loser. He lost on his own game fair and square, so he just gave up on Team Rocket.

I could easily imagine going back to game corner and finding him there just playing some games, and then telling you he wants to rematch you one day when he gets stronger.
>>
>>26588159
The lamest of them all, didnt achieve anything, gives up because he lost, weakest team.

Pretty shitty
>>
>>26588697
Okay, I concede that point, but still, just because he made it appear as if he adopted N to keep up appearances doesn't mean that he didn't still basically abduct him solely to use in his plans.

I mean, if someone did what Ghetsis did in real life then they would absolutely be charged with child abduction.
>>
>>26588817
>He needed them to power up the weapon
He didn't, he had everything set up already but just stumbled upon the sleeping legendaries and thought "huh, this is even better!".
>>
>>26588825
And so is Giovanni. No real gangster would give up and hide after losing to a kid.

You cant get lower than this
>>
>>26588825
>They're just dumb bottom tier anime villian crap.
In a JRPG mind you, so being a JRPG trope makes them considerably more believable in the world of pokemon than Giovanni's "just a gang leader".
>>
>>26588846
Except he did need their power to power the weapon up

>Dude I have everything ready let me just put this legendary in my base for no other reason lmao
>>
File: Archer sucks.jpg (78KB, 846x458px) Image search: [Google]
Archer sucks.jpg
78KB, 846x458px
>>26588175
Archer is easily the most disappointing, gameplay-wise though.

It's a shame, he'd be a great husbando if he wasn't so crap.
>>
>>26588866
>Except he did need their power to power the weapon up
He didn't, he planned all of this shit long before finding the legendary.

>>Dude I have everything ready let me just put this legendary in my base for no other reason lmao
That's exactly what happened, he had everything set up and then found a better power source.

What aren't you getting about this? They weren't central to the plot at all.
>>
>>26588159
No, because Team Rocket had a credible goal: become rich through stealing Pokémon. No all of this Control Nature bullshit, or Be Master of the Universe shit. Their goal was realistic and achievable within the confines of logic.

Team Flare came close to being realistic, until the Ultimate Machine working thanks to the souls of Pokémon and granting eternal life. I mean, what the fuck.
>>
>>26588214
>Liking a caricature
>>
>>26588905
>Their goal was realistic and achievable within the confines of logic.
see >>26588562
Specifically
>Stop thinking that being believable in the real world is the same as being believable in the pokemon world.
>>
>>26588847
But giovanni is not a "real" gangster. He just made Team Rocket for his entertainment, and now that he found someone having more fun than him, he doesn't want to play gangster anymore.
>>
>>26588904
Well, he did need them but they weren't part of his original plan. He was just going to power the weapon like AZ did before, by stealing the life force from a bunch of Pokemon, but you foiled that plan at the Laverre Pokeball Factory. But he found the legendary's dormant state and was able to USD it instead.
>>
>>26588915
I don't think that capturing a legendary is realistical even in pokemon world. Especially when they stop being a phoenix or a mutation to become literal gods of time and space.
>>
It's just that this whole "I'll capture the box legendary and rule the world" meme has gone far enough
>>
>>26588915
The thing is that Team Rocket's goal was logically achievable because it had little repercussions. Later teams fail -both at being menacing and at meeting their objective- because, lacking foresight, they always start a chain of events that destroys their goal (drying/flooding Hoenn, trying to take control of space/time [!!!]), killing most [if not all] Pokémon...).

That kind of stuff is almost Wacky Races levels of ineptitude. Sure, it is possible in-universe -thanks to there being godlike beings capable of bending reality to their will- but Team Magma/Aqua, Plasma and Flare's plans are flawed from the start, meaning that, instead of menacing villains, we get a bunch of Dick Dastardlys with crazy hair-dos.
>>
>>26588915
I up this >>26588968
and this >>26588905
Simple is better, stealing pokemon and getting rich works.

Having extreme and infallible plans that fails because a brat is meddling too much doesn't look like it was even realistical. It sounds like "And with this, I will be able to conquer the world! As long as a meddling kid or anything more disrupting than that tries to stop me!"
>>
>>26588905
No "simple goal" is credible in a JRPG world full of magic monsters.

>until the Ultimate Machine working thanks to the souls of Pokémon and granting eternal life. I mean, what the fuck
Life is Xerneas power, not the machine. And how is the other one strange?

>>26588979
Nothing about Rocket is menacing though. Unlike other teams they never pose any threat whatsoever and again unlike other teams they never meet their objective. All the others do and then fuck up later.

>>26588976
Especially when it was only in a single generation.
>>
>>26588979
This is exactly why I like Giovanni and why I think the other teams were dumb as shit.

Even if you can use a demigod Pokémon to rule all of spacetime or whatever, it doesn't make it a good plot. And the fact that every plot since RSE has boiled down to this same exact thing, god forbid people actually want something more like Team Rocket again.
>>
>>26589027
You know what doesn't seem realistic? A gang of thugs and a boss disbanding and abandoning their lifelong plans after a little kid beats them at Pokemon battles.
>>
>>26588968
>Especially when they stop being a phoenix or a mutation to become literal gods of time and space.
I don't think anyone will approve of Gen 4 story wise. That was certainly the point GF jumped the shark and why subsequent games went back to them just being powerful as opposed to literal gods.

>The thing is that Team Rocket's goal was logically achievable because it had little repercussions.
Except for the fact that there's nothing separating them from the regular people around the region with Pokemon as shown by the fact that kid took down their entire organization.
If you're going to make a successful and realistic gang you need to do it from a position of power, Giovanni didn't in the slightest and anyone with a Pokemon can take them down without much thought. Then there's the fact that there's actually a police force in Kanto and unless they're completely inept TR shouldn't have even been a thing given that everyone knew their base of operations was in Celadon.

>Later teams fail -both at being menacing and at meeting their objective- because, lacking foresight, they always start a chain of events that destroys their goal (drying/flooding Hoenn, trying to take control of space/time [!!!]), killing most [if not all] Pokémon...).
I'm having a hard time believing you actually played these pokemon games if that's how you summed them up.
The only one that was due to a lack of hindsight was Aqua and Magma because the two were out of their control even with the orbs.
Also no team has had the goal of killing "most [if not all] Pokémon.
>>
>>26589027
>Having extreme and infallible plans that fails because a brat is meddling too much doesn't look like it was even realistical. It sounds like "And with this, I will be able to conquer the world! As long as a meddling kid or anything more disrupting than that tries to stop me!"
So you don't want a JRPG to sound like a JRPG but instead like some bull like uncharted.

Are genwunners retarded or what?
>>
>>26589101
>Also no team has had the goal of killing "most [if not all] Pokémon.
As I said, it was not Team Flare's goal, but a consequence of their plan. Only the strong Pokémon would survive.
>>
>>26588796
>>26588817
>>26588815

It is not explicitely said in the games, but catching Mewtwo is part of Team Rocket's (or Giovanni's) plans.

That's why team rocket got into lavender town's tower to get Ghost pokemon and then attempted to steal the masterball at Silph Co.

>inb4 Psychic was immune to Ghost in gen 1

that was a glitch, ghost was supposed to be SE from the beginning.
>>
>>26589094
Giovanni doesn't give a fuck about Team Rocket, he is probably already ridiculously rich, and its not like he gave up on his money and got jailed.

Literally the only ones who lost something by the disbanding of team rocket were his subordinates. And it is not like it is an actual Mafia where someone would take his place after his death, since there was barely any hierarchy besides Giovanni>everyone.
>>
>>26589174
IT wouldn't have killed all of the pokemon anon the, ones in the vicinity of the weapon sure but not all of them.
>>
>>26589176
Catching Mewtwo was one of his plans.

Team Rocket in the first game was basically trying to steal money/pokemon and take over everything.
>>
>>26589226
>Catching Mewtwo was one of his plans.
He wasn't even aware of Mewtwo.
>>
>>26588979
Flare's plan wasn't flawed, at least not on the same way as Aqua/Magma was. They realized what they wanted wasn't really the best thing due to the chaos caused by their legend's awakening. Lysandre fails but truly believed his idea was correct. And it wasn't necessarily wrong. Serena/Calem even says his point is true, but they believe that people would share their resources if push comes to shove. It was extremist but it's like people who believe weapons shouldn't exist, it's a totally believable position for someone to have in the world of Pokemon, especially given Kalos's history and themes and motifs of power money, appearances, etc. Maxie/Archie were environmentalists which is a realistic position but had a totally absurd goal even in universe that they see with their own eyes how terrible it is.
>>
>>26589174
>>26589191
His goal actually was explicitly to eliminate all Pokemon, so that selfish ("ugly") people could no longer use them as tools for stealing, corrupting, of force, etc. He believed they were too good for the world.
>>
File: tumblr_muc747Aq9b1qj5jqso1_500.gif (1023KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muc747Aq9b1qj5jqso1_500.gif
1023KB, 500x281px
I would let him step on me
>>
>>26589397
That wasn't his goal though, it was just a side effect of the weapon activating, IIRC. His goal was always to genocide all people except Team Flare. However, Lysandre did say that it would be better off if Pokémon were dead so they weren't used as tools for power.
>>
>>26588159
This nigga was chsrismatic as fuck
The leader of his own cult
His plan was to make his own universe/dimension and become God
Giovanny was just greedy, Cyrus was the most ambitious of all. Where do you go after becoming God?

>"But he is an autist!"
We are literally in a board dedicated some autist's idea.
>>
>>26589101
I actually think the story and lore in gen 4 is one of the main attractions to the gen besides region and atmosphere. Team Plasma, however, we're terrible villains who only served the point of "oh yeah btw these LEGENDARIES can fuck up the entire world and even the entire universe. If these were to fall into the wrong hands, the person who had them would practically be gods.". Cyrus could've definitely been better written, he seemed like he couple been a really interesting villain instead of how undeveloped he was. But I guess that's what happens in a story where the villains are trying to reset the universe or become demigods: they better have a good fucking reason.
>>
>>26589445
No, it was his goal exicitly alongside killing most non-Flare members. He talks about how wonderful Pokemon are but how the amazing things they allow people to do is why they have to eradicated.
>>
>>26589494
>Team Plasma
>Talks about Cyrus

I think you mean Team Galactic anon.
>>
>>26589483
>He wanted to be God, he is the best because of that!!
>>
>>26589693
>most ambitious plan, almost succeeds.
Much more interesting than literally my mom's mafiosio, green peace, whatever Plasma was, and "muh beauty"
>>
>>26589243
The anime one was trying to catch mewtwo, and I don't remember clearly, but I think team rocket on pokespe one was also after it.
>>
>>26589728
I get it, I get it. Shonen anime drives you MADLY crazy. It's ok, buddo, you win.
>>
>>26589728
Ambition without a good plan to back it up is just retardness. His plan was literally stopped by a meddling brat.
>>
>>26589766
>Shonen anime drives you MADLY crazy.
>MFW i dont even anime
Which villain tops Cyrus, then?
>>
tfw when people say "muh beauty" about team Flare, you know they didnt pay any attention at all but still want to criticize them
>>
>>26588967
>by stealing the life force from a bunch of Pokemon, but you foiled that plan at the Laverre Pokeball Factory
No you didn't, during the climax of the story Team Flare has pokemon tied up to the stones before geosenge town. Their plan was successful
>>
File: Master of the Edge.png (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Master of the Edge.png
47KB, 250x250px
>>26589793
Any other villain tops Cyrus.

Btw, is pic related your favorite pokemon, amigo?
>>
>>26589917
How?

Porygon, Chandelure, Scizor, Glaceon, Mime JR and Alakazam son mis favoritos
thats my favourite cry

>>2658978
>>
>>26589813
>Pokemon tied to Geosenge Stones
Literally what
>>
>>26589787
"Use time and space dieties to make universe"
Makes sense.

Actually, you go along Barry. I know its still kids, but its the only generation I can think of where you dont walk in alone to beat the organisation.
>>
>>26590116
Uh... Serena in XY?
>>
>>26590134
Also, the other three stooges are busy containing Flare Grunts on Menhir Trail
>>
>>26590134
>Uh... Serena in XY
Did she?
Shit, I just replayed this game and I can't remember.
Was it anything like the double battles you had along Barry?
>>
>>26590116
You still do almos everything though. So it's not like in GS where you were actually helping Lance and not the other way around.
>>
>>26590167
I don't recall if you have a double battle like with Jupiter and Mars, but I THINK you do with Flare Admins at the end of the staircase.
>>
>>26589787
>His plan was literally stopped by a meddling brat.
So every boss but Magma and Aqua is retarded?

>>26590167
You go like 4 or 5 rooms defeating grunts with her until you reach the room above the legendary
>>
>>26588979
What was flawed about Cyrus's plan?

I always felt his goals and reasoning were fairly understandable and not all that unreasonable given his perspective.
>>
>>26590190
Yes, basically Archie, Maxie and Giovanni(because he stopped his own organization). Are the less retarded ones of the bunch.
>>
>>26588227
>Fantasy setting
>Doesn't expect exaggerated things to happen

you people sometimes
>>
>>26590195
I actually was going to make this post. The guy is literally, honest to god autistic.
Combined with sociopathy and what Pokemon can do in their world, it's over the top but not unrealistic on their terms. He can't understand emotions, willpower, wisdom, etc. and wants to create a new world from scratch that doesn't have those features.
>>
>>26590167
You had double battles with Lance before double battles even existed.
>>
>>26590177
But you and Lance are finishing what you did on the last game

>>26590187
I need to revisit. I dont remember any hype in XY

>>26590190
So she walks along you?
>>
>>26590195
So, if he is retarded it is ok to have retarded goals? I mean, in his perspective they are all understandable and not unreasonable.
>>
>>26590220
>Wants to flood/drought the world
>Less retarded than Cyrus, Ghetsis, Lysandre

I don't think you know what the word means.
>>
>>26590334
How are his goals retarded?
>>
>>26590334
Magma and Aqua's goals were not reasonable or what they wanted even from their own perspective. That was the whole point of them, they do "oh shit what have we done" thing when they do release their legend.
>>
>>26590334
People.have literally justified Ghetsis being cartoonishly and over the top evil because he went insane so sure.
>>
>>26590370
No seriously. He wanted to catch literal gods of time and space to recreate the universe.

>>26590406
Magma and Aqua looks more like a japanese gag duo than villains, actually they don't even consider themselves villains, they think they are helping everybody out.
>>
>>26590448
They were ecoterrorists. They knew the things they were doing was wrong but they thought it was for the greater good of people or Pokemon. But they discover it wasn't actually good at all.
>>
File: galactichq2.png (6KB, 256x192px)
galactichq2.png
6KB, 256x192px
>>26589483
>dat "hitlerian" speech in front of his troops
This and the lab with the creepy music where the three Lake Guardiands were held captives are some of the best Galactic moments before the final battle in Distorsion World.

Cyrus, Ghetsis and Lysandre truly are the triumvirate of great "over-the-top villains". I wonder what will be SM's evil boss' goal...

As for OP, Origins Giovanni has one really good point: being voiced by based Rikiya Koyama.
>>
>>26590517
They know that there are people who are opposed to what they are doing, but they don't see themselves as villains like Giovanni or Ghetsis.
>>
>>26590569
I actually really liked that Origins Giovanni had the extra layer of development about his childhood and how he could relate to Red, I think that was a good thing too. It's an important message that ties well to Pokemon.
>>
>>26590448
Okay? Cyrus's goals were over the top, yeah, but that's all they were. Not really "retarded" by any means.
>>
>>26590569
>This and the lab with the creepy music where the three Lake Guardiands
Everything about Galactic was well organised.
Even the grunt haircuts. I feel that it was too close to a real cult, and that is why i liked them.

I feel that Origins overall was "Nostalgià the show" where they very well made pokemon look like what people remember it being, instead of what it was.
Doesnt mean it was bad, it was just nostalgia powered
>>
>Team Rocket 1: Organized crimering with a mind for profit and expansion. Similar to an actual mafia. Questionable choice in agent armament.

>Team Rocket 2: A personality cult dedicated to a missing person. Actually does impressive stuff, albeit for the most stupid reasons.

Team Magma: A group of ecoterrorists that want to solve Hoenn's water-route problem, even if it means killing a few hundred people. Seeking power beyond their means to do so.

Team Aqua: A group of eco-terrorists that want to commit genocide because "muh fishes". Seeking power beyond their means to do so.

Team Magma and Aqua 2: See Team Galactic.

Team Galactic: A personality cult formed behind their leader, Cyrus, who wants to destroy the world because humans are icky. Seeking some of the most ridiculous pokemon ever designed to make that happen.

Team Plasma 1: A group of environmentalists who set out to challenge the fundamental core of Pokemon. Suddenly became headed by a turbo-villain when pokemon realized it couldn't make a good argument as for why they were wrong.

Team Plasma 2: The remains of team Plasma that understood the original goal from the beginning. Has a massive hard-on for Kyurem for some reason and seek to take over the world. A little inconsistent due to the scattered mental status of their leader.

Team Flare: Like team galactic, except with a very vague explanation as to how they are destroying the world, and using "the ancient weapon" that needs a pokemon for a battery because fuck you, the "ancients" can never make anything sensible. Popular to both elitist and outcast youth alike. Traded the marginally improved teams of their predecessors for a stylist and wardrobe planner.
>>
>>26590880
Aqua 2 is still retarded, but there wasn't much wrong with Magma. They didn't want to kill or destroy anything, they just wanted to expand the landmasses so that the planet wasn't 70% water 30% land(assuming it applies to that world) to give people and Pokemon more places to live. What they fuck up is that Groudon is way more powerful than they predicted, especially in OR.
>>
>>26588343
>A megalomaniac who wanted to reset the universe in his own image
Cyrus should of used Made in Heaven
>>
>>26590880
>except with a very vague explanation as to how they are destroying the world
They aren't "destorying the world" so how could there be any explanation, much less a vague one? Besides that, only a fraction of the Team Flare members knew what Lysandre was actually about. They were recruited on the basis that they had a lot of money and that Lysandre was an extremely powerful and fashionable person to follow. Most Grunts truly believed that the beauty they fought for was physical beauty but that's the whole point, they are supposed to be shallow rich kids who just want to look cool, ignorant of the true meaning of Lysandre's words and the ends to his means. Galactic Grunts and their relation to Cyrus was similar if I recall right. Most didn't know what he was going to actually so when he said he wanted to make a new world. I even remember some being frightened when they find out.
>>
File: flare.png (476KB, 709x395px) Image search: [Google]
flare.png
476KB, 709x395px
>>26590110
If you talk to one of the grunts blocking the southern exit of geosenge, they mention pokemon crying, and another mentions that they won't let you pass because "A kid shouldn't see such sights"
>>
>>26588562
lol it would be really great if the next evil boss was a trans dimensional entity that devoured the souls of pokemon amirite
>>
>>26589787
A meddling brat who then proceeds to become one of the best trainers on the region? in every incarnation of story across every game?
>>
>>26589176

>muh headcanon

no
>>
>>26588173
Exhaled audibly.
>>
>>26591995
Imagine yourself as Cyrus, a sociopath that would do anything including mass murders and destroying the universe to acomplish your goals. And the only thing right now between you and becoming god is a teenager who is good at battling with pokemons.

Yes, it is just a meddling brat.
>>
>>26588159
He was simple.

He exlpoited Pokemon and people to lead a hedonistic life style. Literally what any other SANE person with power would do.

His roots went in so deep that he literally had influence over two regions, if not more and has clearly had an impact on other crime syndicates according to Team Snagem in Pokemon Colosseum.

Team Aqua and Magma were kind of stupid in their goals. They were attempting to over-saturate the environment with either water or landmass. There wasn't even a secret agenda behind it either.

Team Galactic was mislead by Cyrus, who just wanted to create a world for himself, implying also destroying the one they were in if needed. He was insane.

Team Plasma was also misguided by Ghestis who used N, Ghestis wanted world domination and to rule with an ironfist. But there is no further explanation as to his reasons or why he wanted world domination besides maybe power.

Team Flare wasn't mislead by Lysandre, Lysandre was just sick and tired of people and their shit and wanted to genocide as many as possible.
>>
>>26591287
>trans
triggered
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.