[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rotom dex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (62KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 480x360px
Can you use it in battle?
What type is it?
Any other general curiosities?
Discuss them here
>>
File: Whisper_3_what_is_yokai_watch.png (43KB, 227x281px) Image search: [Google]
Whisper_3_what_is_yokai_watch.png
43KB, 227x281px
They wanted a "Whisper" for Pokemon.

Basically just another way to shove tutorials and handholding down kiddies throats.

Also they want you to be able to talk to your Pokemon. So he'll do that too.
>>
>>26584544
I mean Rotom talking makes sense because it's using the Pokedex's voice functionality. but yea it's pretty much Whisper.
>>
I hope you can use him from the start, but he has shit stats. Maybe a move that analyses Pokemon you've seen so you know their location even if you haven't caught them yet (like in a trainer battle)

It'd be nice if it had a move or stats that increased depending on how many Pokemon you've seen or caught
>>
Probably not useable at all
>>
if useable. i think it will be electric/psychic
>>
>>26584515
>Can you use it in battle?
No, it is obviously just a menu design
>What type is it?
It has no need for a type
>Any other general curiosities?
Can we please stop believing you will be able to battle with it or use it in any way besides as an (overly helpful) menu.
>>
I wouldnt doubt if they let you use it since they like to casualize the game more and more with each game. So giving you 2 pokemon to start with would be perfect.
>>
>>26584515
Does this mean that Ash is going to have a Rotom dex in the anime?
>>
I bet if you can use it in battle it'd be Electric/Normal and not as strong as the other forms. It is just given to new trainers, after all, it can't be too strong. Unless you can't use it until the post-game, of course.
>>
File: 1464878682757.png (176KB, 400x775px) Image search: [Google]
1464878682757.png
176KB, 400x775px
>>
The rotomdex only comes out after all your party is knocked out. He has 100%chance to hit and 1shots the opponent and is immune to all types.
>>
>>26584683
No but his travel companion will.
>>
>>26584544
This.
>>
>>26584544
Calm down, it's mostly a quest journal
>>
>>26584726
The handholding never ends
>>
>>26584544
You can use Whisper in the second game though.
>>
>>26584515
>What type is it?
Electric/steel

I don't want to Rotomdex to remain just a key item when it could very well be used for battles
>>
Rotom has a built in map and gives you information occasionally so I'm hoping it has a lot of useful features.
>Rotom-Dex links you access to your pokemon storage from anywhere
>no longer have to carry around HM slaves to travel and can simply grab one out of storage when needed.
>>
>>26585775
>Rotom-Dex isn't a usable pokemon
>However it IS able to learn every HM and use them outside of battles
>HM slaves no longer need to exist

This would be an even better option.
>>
>>26584544
>"Whoa what pokemon is that?!"
>"I know what it is! Let's see, let
s see...
"

the anime's new schtick
>>
>>26585921
and it changes form depending on what youre using

Lawnmower cut
Wash Surf
Fan Flying
>>
>>26585775
>Rotom has a built in map and gives you information occasionally

>come across a T-junction
>turn left
>"Anon, that is the wrong direction. Please turn around."
>character stops and does a 180
>turn right
>rival appears
>"Hey Anon, you got here too? Let me take you on a tour around the city!"
>>
>Rotom travels with you throughout your journey, functioning as a sidekick and helper to let you know where to go
>frequently pops up in cutscenes to be a little shit and scare someone or just pop out to be the player's snarky mouthpiece to keep the PC silent
>a few nice moments where Rotom mentions how proud it is of you as you complete the dex and how much fun it's having being on the journey with you
>infiltrate the enemy's base
>it becomes clear that you need Rotom to interface with the computer to save the legendary/call the elevator to escape
>Rotom informs you that if you connect the dex to the computer, the dex will be destroyed and tells you to connect it anyways
>"I guess this is goodbye, Anon... No. I'd rather say, see ya later."
>"and thanks for going easy on the goods."
>Pokedex shorts out and you finish the mission on Rotom's behalf
>suddenly get an e-mail
>it's from Rotom
>"didja forget that I can get out of the Pokedex just fine? I'm kinda part ghost, ya know. Just stop by Kukui's place and get a new Pokedex for me. Until then I'll hang out in your PC. Just don't make me wait too long, Anon."

How would you feel?
>>
does this mean rotom is automatically registered in the pokedex?
>>
>>26585985
How about new forms for each hm
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.