[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we have things like this anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: island8-3[1].gif (4KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
island8-3[1].gif
4KB, 240x160px
Why don't we have things like this anymore?
>>
>>26582127

>Alola has some undiscovered islands
>It has literally another tower for Ho-oh to show up

Soon family
>>
Things like what? Ho-Oh? Bad sprites?
>>
>>26582145
>>26582163
No, like a Navel Rock in Sun and Moon except with Xerneas and Yveltal.
>>
>why don't we have more event only legendaries that most players won't ever be able to experience
>>
>>26582264
Wifi the event item.
I'll never be not pissed that they never distributed the Azure flute.
It's so much better than just getting the Pokemon automatically
>>
>>26582264
>legendaries are no longer event only
>everyone has one
>suddenly, they're no longer legendary either

Wow it's fucking nothing

Besides, at least in Gen 3-5 you had to battle and capture them, they didn't just hand them out to you on a silver platter
>>
>>26582313
>wanting to spend 3 hours throwing pokeballs

catching them was boring and frustrating
>>
>>26582446
git gud

Infinitely more fun than breeding for IVs
>>
>>26582462
>Infinitely more fun than breeding for IVs

I agree. IVs should be retconned.
>>
>>26582462

>Got gud at RNG
>>
>>26582511
So what's wrong with this? You have to actually put effort into catching it, and you have a chance of it being shiny
>>
>>26582446
Yeah, they should just give you an already completed Pokédex, actually catching them all is a fucking drag.
>>
>>26582681
Completely agree.
>>
>>26582511

>not having injected ditto

u ned 2 git gud
>>
>>26582758
>If I inject the parent, it's not cheating

disgusting
>>
>>26582795
>there's something wrong with cheating when it's functionally identical to not cheating
>>
>>26582681
>>26582756
MODS
>>
>>26582817
Not him and I'm an injectfag, but if you're breeding with an injected Ditto it is exactly as morally dubious as just injecting the Pokémon you want in the first place.

Go whole hog with injection or go full moralfag with breeding, don't try to have your cake and eat it too. Injectfags will laugh at you for wasting hours on the bike simulator and moralfags will disown you for injecting at all.
>>
>>26582446
>>26582313
The event is about the location and whatnot too. It's an event. But after they shoved the box legendaries into some underground chamber I don't expect anything good anymore
>>
>>26582880
This. Breedfag here. The loops I'm jumped through to remain cheat free in my breeding are autistic enough that I dare not repeat them.

Inject, breed, breed and then edit externally, inject and then breed. No one should care. But you shouldn't go around taking advantage of injecting then pretending you've got some sort of moral leg up on other injectors just because you then use them to breed.
>>
>>26582968
>But after they shoved the box legendaries into some underground chamber

?
>>
>>26582309
Why not make it in the game already?
I hate to lose content just because I didn't connect my 3DS in a specific period of time
>>
>>26582313
Are you implying the legendaries in ORAS were handed to you? Those capture rates were absurd.

Giving you a 1% chance to catch something despite having it down to a pixel of health and asleep isn't challenging or fun, it's the definition of tedious.
>>
>>26582989
>>
>>26583015
It makes it all the more satisfying when you do catch them
>>
>>26583015
>Are you implying the legendaries in ORAS were handed to you?

Well none of them had real dungeons, besides the box Legendary and Heatran, and the Regis depending on whether you count obscure Braille puzzles as a dungeon (though I love the Regi puzzles whether it counts or not).
>>
>>26582127

Game freak probably have no interest in it.
>>
>>26582880
>implying i care what other autists think
>implying i don't let the game itself legitimately generate the babies so i can satisfy my autism while also not wasting as much time as breederfags
>>
>>26582313
>Besides, at least in Gen 3-5
>Jirachi
>Meloetta
>Keldeo
>Genesect
>not handed to you
>>
>>26582127
Things like what? Two narrow corridors with fucking nothing, lots of stairs and useless levels? Navel rock was cancer.
>>
>>26583015
Yeah, they were easy as fuck to catch.
You're just a retarded underage millenial who has an attention span of a femtosecond.
>>
because hackers will just hack in the item and post online a couple months after the game comes out about how you can catch _____ at some super sekret place while also revealing the rest of the pokemon of the generation
>>
>>26583575
Yeah I agree. I would rather beat a dungeon and then battle an actual boss, instead of just flying into the sky and have it handed to me.
>>
>>26586416
>>26583575
No event legendaries had "dungeons to beat" unless you count 2 rooms with no Pokemon as "dungeons". Maybe the only difficult one is Arceus because you have to traverse Mt.Coronet again.
>>
>>26582313
>REEEEEE MAKE THESE LEGENDARIES EVENT ONLY OR ELSE EVERYONE WILL HAVE ONE!
>REEEEEE STOP PUTTING LEGENDARIES BEHIND EVENT DISTRIBUTIONS IT'S UNFAIR BECAUSE I DIDN'T GET ONE!
>>
>>26586444
I think people have gotten "full on dungeons like the box legends" and "a quick little subplot" mixed up. Darkrai had not so much a dungeon as a quick bit of lore to go through. Same with Shaymin. Victini had a few dudes to fight, but it wasn't really a dungeon either.

None of the events have ever had dungeons, but they did have something beyond one dude telling you something for one scene. Not a lot of effort, but enough to make catching it or being given it part of the adventure.

That said while none of the extra legendaries in ORAS had dungeons or events, there are also a fuckton of them dropped into the game. I would argue there still could've been a bit of a plot. A shallow bit of progression where some random NPC is chasing Hoopa, and you get closer to finding it as you catch the legends it's dropping into Hoenn. Might be hard to work in with Hoopa being event only, but still.

As for >>26586378, the only catch rate change in ORAS was to the Primals and Rayquaza, if I recall. I think maybe Deoxys, I'd have to check. All the other legends are just as "hard" as they were to catch, battle-wise, unless you're implying they were never "hard" to catch. Which is sort of true. They were just tedious due to low catch rates.

The running away thing is removed for those that had it, which is unambiguously a good thing in my opinion. Though I think there are none in ORAS, since the Lati@s are turned into a forced catch. Which I will agree is a bit of a shame. It was annoying to do, but fleeing legends was a nice bit of mechanical challenge to adapt to. Even if it basically only meant putting them to sleep earlier in the fight, which people tend to do anyway to avoid damage to their team and the legends running out of PP. I suppose you had to trap them too.
>>
>>26586496
>nice bit of mechanical challenge to adapt to
Wow getting a wobuffet and throwing shittons of pokeballs was such a challenge. Roamers were cancer and good thing they are currently gone.
>>
>>26586496
Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram and Zekrom got changed from 30 and 45 to 3. Groudon and Kyogre were always 3.
>>
>>26586444
>>26586496
Deoxys, while not having a dungeon still had a challenge to get it
>>
>>26586513
>wobuffet
>not a mean-looker
>>
>>26582795
say that to ray rizzo :^)
>>
>>26586574
>implying most decent mean lookers aren't weak
>needing mean look when shadow tag works good enough and wobuffet can take all the punishment in the world
>>
>>26582313
Are you seriously implying that Legendaries arent all over the online already?
If GF really wanted legendaries to feel mysterious or something, they'd make them uncatchable
>>
>>26586513
>Roamers were cancer and good thing they are currently gone.
>what is the kanto birds on xy
>>
>>26588087
Those don't really count, anon. You never battle them while they roam around. You just chase them until they settle in the cave, then you battle them like normal.

The region roamers, Latios and Latias, also no longer roam in ORAS. Nor do any of the extra legends who roamed in their original appearances.
>>
>>26586496
>Even if it basically only meant putting them to sleep earlier in the fight, which people tend to do anyway to avoid damage to their team and the legends running out of PP. I suppose you had to trap them too.
That's all just gravy on top of the fact that Sleep helps your chances of capture the most out of any status effect
>>
>>26588526
Of course. But in that case, you only need to do that once you get them down into the red, or down to exactly one with one of those moves. You don't really NEED to sleep a mon until its health is down. But it can be a useful tactic to avoid the things I mentioned.

Also, being Frozen is technically more helpful, in terms of boosting capture chance. If I recall correctly. There's just not only know sure freezing move like there is for sleep, there's not even one that doesn't do damage. Sleep is by far the best capture chance boosting move that is also more convenient to use.
>>
>>26582681
>actually catching them all is a fucking drag.
MODS
BAN THIS FILTH
>>
>>26582681
Well in gen 7 all you have to do is scan some QR codes so it's no more difficult to fill your dex than it is to take pictures on your phone.
>>
>>26588589
I doubt it'll actually fill out the slot. The way it's described, as exchanging QR codes of a Pokemon you don't have so you can track down its habitat, sounds a lot like the way "seeing" a Pokemon has worked in the past. You see it, it gets added to the Pokedex, but it doesn't actually get filled in until you track it down. Of the little information that seeing but not ever owning a Pokemon adds to the Pokedex is where it lives so you can track it down.
>>
File: da rules of vp.png (11KB, 417x257px) Image search: [Google]
da rules of vp.png
11KB, 417x257px
>>26582681
MODS
>>
>>26582313
>>suddenly, they're no longer legendary either
You retard, the legendary status has nothing to do with rarity especially since you're guaranteed to encounter one every playthrough.
>>
>>26583015
>1% chance
It's 6% if they have 1HP, 12% is they're also asleep.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.