[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I figured out why the typings seem so weird. They aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: SolgaleoLunala.jpg (66KB, 624x600px) Image search: [Google]
SolgaleoLunala.jpg
66KB, 624x600px
Guys, I figured out why the typings seem so weird. They aren't supposed to directly represent the sun and the moon. They're actually supposed to represent light and darkness.

>Psychic/Steel
Flash Cannon is associated with light and is a Steel type move.

>Psychic/Ghost
Ghost type is used to represent darkness more than the actual Dark type. Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, etc, are all Ghost type moves.
>>
>>26572414
Metagross and Hoopa.
>>
File: darktype.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
darktype.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>26572414
>Ghost type is used to represent darkness more than the actual Dark type
Dark really should've been kept Evil type or been called various synonyms of the name. As the type itself is heavily misunderstood by non-japanese audiences. Too bad it is a mistake that cannot be fixed....
>>
>>26572414
yes sure all pretty your explanation but why psychic type? why not fire/steel and flying/ghost?
>>
>>26573156
Or fairy ghost if they really wanna push that type out there
>>
>>26573156
Psychic is the "let's cuck it out of another type" type. See Lugia, lati@s, Jirachi
>>
>>26573182

Fairy/ghost would have been pretty neat to see.
>>
>>26573156
>the moon is clouds
It has to be a flying type.
>>
It doesn't explain the typing on them that actually doesn't make sense, Psychic. I know Psychic has been very broadly associates withe space but it's such a loose one and most of the previous Pokemo n instances have to do with sentince or intelligence rather than just being associated space, and Psychic is otherwise space related my an association with fortune telling, astrology, etc. They're probably Psychic because the vague relation but it's really loose. Solgalaeo would be Steel because it literally looks like a robot and Lunaala is skeletal and kind of ghost like. We don't know the exact stories behind them so there could be more concrete reasoning in the story as well.
>>
>>26573156
Psychic, for vaguely defined Japanese reasons, is the 'cosmic' type. Starmie, Solrock, Lunatone, Jirachi, Deoxys, Elgyem, Beheeyem, ect.
>>
They are psychic because they are based on tarot cards or just astrology in general, where sun/moon/star are three of the most recognized cards. Our third cool AF legendary will be the star.

Steel is heroic and present, ghost is mystical and hidden.
>>
>>26573411
this is stupid
>>26573349
now this is something I can accept, still stupid but I accept it
>>
So it's settled, right?
>Psychic
Cosmic
>Ghost
Literal darkness
>Steel
Literal light
>Dark
"Evil" or at least seemingly evil (e.g. Absol and Darkrai)
>Fairy
"Good" or at even deceptively good (Mawile and Whimsicott)
>>
>>26573349
IIRC Japanese use Esper instead of Psychic so that makes sense.

Just like Fighting is actually more of a Hero type in Japan
>>
>>26572414
>Forgetting that Solgaleo probably based on a White Dwarf Star, which has an Iron Core
>Forgetting that the Lion eating the Sun is a popular Alchemy Symbol for Gold
>>
>>26572414
>They aren't supposed to directly represent the sun and the moon.
Of course they don't, even the official site doesn't say anything but "it's called the ____ of the ___" and not "this Pokemon was born in the sun" or something.
>>
>>26573576
>Fairy is "Good"
Fighting already covers that. Fairy is more of between good and bad alongside being a secondary "nature" type(life flourishing). As they're willing to fuck over both heroic and antagonistic people in traditional folklore.
>>
>>26573664
That doesn't make more sense. How does Esper make more sense for being space related? Psychic is associated with space via mysticism, like astrology and horoscopes and stuff like that. Deoxys is Psychic because it's gained intelligence, and Solrock/Lunatone are rocks that move psychokinetically
>>
>>26573800
Fighting isn't "good" type. Why did this ever become a popular theory. There's nothing inherently heroic about the vast majority of fighting types. It's a type about trained and often competitive and professional combat techniques, which involves "fair fighting" inherently but isn't really a subthemes of the type.
>>
>>26573723
The problem isn't that it's steel type, it's that it's weak to fire. The pokemon that is representative of the sun, the oldest known fire to mankind, is weak to fire.
>>
>>26573908
>The pokemon that is representative of the sun
Source?
>>
>>26573908
The sun ISN'T fire though
>>
>>26573664
I hate the word Esper. ESP is not telekinesis and general psionic fuckery, dammit.
>>
File: Let There Be Light.png (96KB, 518x444px) Image search: [Google]
Let There Be Light.png
96KB, 518x444px
>>26573873
Neither is Fairy.

Well shit boys, look like we need Light-type (Holy-type in Japanese) after all. Steel isn't light and normal isn't sound. You can all suck my dick.
>>
>>26573803
Haven't you ever heard of Newtypes? There is a distinct cultural difference that you're not accounting for.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.