[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legendary Typings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 18myou0kz7ujejpg.jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
18myou0kz7ujejpg.jpg
86KB, 800x600px
Hearing all this surprise about Lunala being a Ghost type when I believe the Dark typing is being reserved for the 3rd Legendary, Marshadow. Who, I will theorize now, is going to be based off of a turtle to complete the celestial animal symbolism going here, and his Dark typing will result from the idea of an eclipse caused by the Sun/Moon in proper alignment. I mean, his name does contain 'Marsh' and 'Shadow'. Anyone else on board for this theory?
>>
Third legend will be dark/poison. It's a scorpion.
>>
>>26568358
I could see that happening
Maybe Water/Dark to resist both of Solgaleo and Lunala's STABs and because of "marsh" and "shadow"
>>
How many times do we have to tell you that the Dark typing refers to sneaky/underhanded/mean pokemon (as a counterpart to Fighting types) and is not literally an analogy for Evil.

Darkrai and Xerneas are the closest to that theory and they are literally just representing nightmares and death which are not inherently bad.

The motif of actual darkness is covered by the Ghost typing that represents shadows, anti-matter and are based mostly on yokai. The Moon type already has it.

And already looking at the current typings its quite clear that the third type could be literally anything because the consistency is whack.
>>
>>26568535

Well, if the consistency is whack...
>>
>>26568535
Evil isn't far off though, it's the faggots that believe dark type = literal darkness that are wrong

>giant godzilla mon that reshapes mountains when it fucking feels like it
>huge flying dragon that devours everything it sees
>not malevolent in some way
>>
>>26568422
Why would it be water
>>
>world turtle
Huh, I wonder where I've heard that before.
>>
>>26569570
I guess it could be a parallel to the Earth, which is mostly water
>>
>>26568535

This.

Darkness =/= evil. Darkness as an element = Ghost, evil as a concept = Dark (which in Japan are actually "Evil", not "Dark")
>>
>>26568358
Nah it's going to be another fucking Psychic type FUCK
>>
It's Mar. Which is spanish for ocean.
It's Mar + Shadow.
Ocean + Shadow.
The other legendaries have spanish in their name, I can only guess the same is for this thing.
>>
>>26569615

The world turtle is a common mythological belief that the world was created on the shell of a giant turtle. If there's any animal that could be used to finish our Sun/Moon/Earth trio, that would be a great one. ... Even if a lot of turtle Pokemon do already exist, and Torterra is based off the same idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Turtle
>>
>>26569744
I was trying to say that Torterra already exists but my image didn't attach
>>
>>26569788

Ah! Of course, no worries. Still have to wonder, if not a turtle to represent Earth, then what else?

Or could it be Mars... 'cause, 'Mars'hadow? :P
>>
I think the third legend might be based on the bakunawa with a dark/water typing
>>
DARK IS EVIL TYPE YOU RETARDS

IT'S NOT DARKNESS
>>
>>26570186

In some mythologies, an eclipse is a negative/evil event that harbors bad luck. There are ceremonies that involve scaring away the demons that cause the eclipses in several cultures around the world.

That's not evil? Scientifically it's just a shadow, but we're talking about mythology here.
>>
>>26570341

Still a forced and retarded reason when Ghost represents actual darkness.
>>
>>26571718

Actual darkness, by definition, means being devoid of light. What are we going on about here?

Ghost, in that sense, is more about being devoid of life. Take it how you will, it's just a theory. A Pokemon theory. Thanks for watching.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.