[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

File: director.jpg (493KB, 1262x1924px) Image search: [Google]
director.jpg
493KB, 1262x1924px
Discuss.
>>
kill shigeru , marry takao , fuck shigeki
>>
>>26554640
Morimoto > Tajiri = Masuda > Unno >>> Ohmori
>>
>Hoennbabbies STILL assblasted over their remakes

And just when I thought you'd finally shut the hell up.
>>
>>26554706
/thread
>>
>>26554706

r u me?
>>
that actually explains a lot
>bring back Tajiri or Morimoto or Unno
>fire the others
>make pokemon great again
>>
Reminder that the development process of a game is always a coordinated effort that the director doesn't necessarily have complete control over.

Reminder that ORAS was completely fine.
>>
>>26554706
>>26554758
>>26554759
>>26554770
Holy shit, Gen 4 babies angry about ORAS is real.
Putting Unno below anything is absolutely being a bratty fanboy.
>>
>>26554640
>Tajiri king.
>Morimoto most underrated.
>Masuda accidentally made Platinum amazing. He probably forgot the deadline, and rushed it out the door before he could fuck it up.
>Ohmori forgot to exaggerate the Alpha and Omega symbols on P-Don and P-Ogre, but otherwise did fine.
>Unno got locked up in GF's basement.

-----------------------------

To Pattern-fags: Red, Blue, Ruby, Sapphire, and Fire Red all have pokemon overlapping into the rest of the Box.
ORAS creates a space for the cover pokemon to overlap into.
Yellow, GSC, HGSS, White, Black and White 2, and X and Y all have the cover mon go behind the box features.
LG, DPPt, Emrrald, and White are all to small to interact with the box borders.

Make sense of this to me.
>>
File: 1447599884341.jpg (10KB, 170x145px) Image search: [Google]
1447599884341.jpg
10KB, 170x145px
>hating masuda

He made best gen faggot
>>
>>26554784
>Fire Masuda

Fuck that.
Masuda created the base that Morimoto built off of in Emerald and Unno built off of in B2/W2.

Platinum should be proof enough of how good he can be when improving on his already established work.

We gan call Morimoto and Unno great when either makes a new gen from scratch, until then its

Masuda > Tajiri > Morimoto > Unno > Ohmori
>>
Masuda is not always good director but he made many god tier ost
>>
>>26554852
Which gen are you talking about?
All of Masuda's games have been underwhelming when compared to another in the same gen, excluding Platinum.
>>
>>26554862
>Masuda created the base
and Tajiri created pokemon
pokemon for Tajiri: pocket monsters
pokemon for Masuda: pocket Gods

Tajiri>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Masuda
>>
>>26554943
Tajiri is ded
>>
>>26554958
even dead he is still better than masuda
>>
>>26554640
Ohmori shouldn't be allowed to even look at a Pokemon game.
>>
>>26554805
You're right, but people who play video games seem to like choosing one big scapegoat target for all their problems or boons.
>>
>>26554943
Tajiri turned it into gods and muhlore in Gen 2 though. Masuda also has 4 gen under his belt.

But if you want to turn it into "Tajiri objectively being number 1 because he created the franchise", I'm fine with that despite how shitty his games are today.

Masuda can easily take #2 in this case.
>>
>>26554901

Masuda also makes the generation starting games barring Tajiri's games. Everyone else had most of the work done for them.
>>
>>26555019
Ohmori gave us flying to routes and the Dex Nav, you cuck.
The only bad thing about ORAS is the lack of Battle Frontier/postgame.
>>
>>26555019
Why do people hate him? EP delta was good.
>>
File: 1463515573317.jpg (20KB, 178x179px) Image search: [Google]
1463515573317.jpg
20KB, 178x179px
>All these people shitting on Ohmori
>Don't realize he's been Game Designer since Gen 3
>Don't realize he was Lead Game Designer during Gen 4 and 5
>Don't realize he's the one who gave us the Underground, the PokeWalker, the DexNav
>Don't realize ORAS was Ghost Directed by Masuda, which is literally confirmed in the ORAS Guide Interview
>Don't realize Ohmori is actually a good designer and developer
>>
>>26555068
He also gave us Secret Bases
>>
>>26555039
>Tajiri turned it into gods and muhlore in Gen 2 though
explain better please
>Ho-oh is just a phoenix, never created anything, just "revived" the beasts
>lugia is just the guardian of the sea
>>
File: 1440857862871.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1440857862871.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
>>26555068
>>26555092
Not only that, he also
>Designed the Hoenn Region
>Redesigned Kanto
>Designed Sinnoh
>Designed Unova
>Wrote Gen 4's plot
/vp/ needs to show some respect
>>
>>26555050
Don't get me wrong, Masuda's pretty good, but he didn't make any "best" game or gen. He put in the work on average games so that other people could complete them.
>>
>>26555068
See >>26555035
>>
>>26555068
>people shitting on Ohmori
>he's been Game Designer since Gen 3
are you really wondering why people are shitting on ohmori?
if you have more doubts, see >>26555117
>>
>>26555154
Both of those posts you tagged are mine. Ohmori has delivered more good shit than bad. Nobody here even knows what Ohmori has delivered besides that he "directed" ORAS, which was a rushed project ghost directed by Masuda with Ohmori as a puppet.
>>
>>26554640
>Morimoto and Unno made the best games in the series
>relegated to sequels and remakes
>having a new guy do ORAS instead of them
>still letting Hacksuda do anything

This explains so much
>>
>>26554640

Takao Uno is a mastermind, black and white 2 are the most complete games in the entire series despite being a big ass rehash, but that was better than just a 3rd version, felt more like an expansion, either way, it has everything black and white lacked, the only thing that could've made that game better could be the extra things HGSS had, pokémon following you and auto run to name a couple.

Either way, that game has a real nice amount of content, a battle frontier could've been nice too, but the PKMN world tournament was fanservice at its finest, not to mention the white city big tree o' grind.

Guess if I had to say something bad, it has to be locking the breeding mechanic until the post-game, wtf?
>>
Please for the love of God let Unno or Morimoto be in charge of SM
>>
>>26555039
>how shitty his games are today
what games exactly Tajiri directed in recent years?
>>
>>26554640
based masuda made 3 of the best gens
>>
>>26555269
Masuda is literally directing in the trailer, dipshit.
>>
Wait, Tajiri is still alive? And looks like 15 years old? How does he look so young if he's damn near 50?
>>
>>26555321
we then, we're fucked

Platinum is the last Masuda game I liked
>>
>>26555283
I meant looking back in hindsight.
>>
>>26555322
>How does he look so young if he's damn near 50?

he's Asian
>>
>>26555322
that's probably an old-ass picture, anon. As far as I know, Tajiri is a total hikkikomori now.
>>
File: discus.jpg (103KB, 810x245px) Image search: [Google]
discus.jpg
103KB, 810x245px
>>26554640
Discus
>>
File: fishcus.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fishcus.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>26554640
Discus'
>>
>>26555341
>hurr durr games from 20 years ago are shit today
fucking underages summerfags
>>
File: 112064606.jpg (184KB, 594x405px) Image search: [Google]
112064606.jpg
184KB, 594x405px
>ywn witness the face of wrestling and Pokemon on one stage in your lifetime
>>
>>26555217
>a battle frontier could've been nice too, but the PKMN world tournament was fanservice at its finest, not to mention the white city big tree o' grind.
It also had the previous Battle shit from BW, the Battle Subway.
Unno could have made a train to an actual battle frontier and tournament from there, but it would be a little weird.
>>
>>26554640
Tajiri is mixed, right?
>>
>>26555068
>get to direct mainline games for the first time at GF
>except, you're really just a handpuppet for your boss, and everyone blames you for the game being a cynical rushed cash-in that cared about whoring Megas than being a good remake

Poor guy.
>>
>>26555117
>Wrote Gen 4's plot

That's not a positive anon

Still agree with you though
>>
>>26555404
There are plenty of games that old or older that still hold up today. the Tajiri era was held up entirely by the Pokeboom

Also at 28 i'm probably older than 95% of this thread
>>
Unno better get back in the game because the only games he directed were pretty damn good, and they were sequels to something criticized a lot with good reason.
Ohmori needs to get a timeout of at least fifteen minutes in length for what he has done. He added some nice things, but it just wasn't all that fun, especially not after you beat it.
Tajiri did good starting off the series. I have no idea if the guy is dead or not. I'll just leave it at that.
Masuda made some pretty good games, though he did make quite a lot.
Morimoto made some of my personal favorites, though this is probably Nostalgia talking.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I refuse to pass it as anything but that. You may disagree but telling me my opinion is FUCKING WRONG SINNOH CRYBABY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is fucking immature, at least have more class if you want to do something stupid.
>>
>>26555479
30 here, whippersnapper
>>
File: 1385347509773.gif (301KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
1385347509773.gif
301KB, 350x464px
>>26555503
What's it like?
>>
>>26555479
>There are plenty of games that old or older that still hold up today
yes, like the earlier pokemon games
that's the reason that pokemon Red and Blue were released Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
just because you don't like it, does not mean those aren't great games
it's just you opinion
also
>28
in what universe?
>>
>>26555535
R/B is a glitchy mess with a horrible battle system, no real story, wonky sprites and zero post game after fighting mewtwo. As of FR/LG the only value it has is nostalgic...Those games have been released solely because they could capitalize on that same nostalgia during a landmark anniversary year.

They really aren't great
>>
>>26554805

This. The problems with ORAS are exaggerated to the point of hilarity and I'm not even a huge fan of Gen 3.
>>
>>26555697
do you know the definition of the word "opinion"?
fucking underage
>>
Takao unno
Take whoever made gen 5's musicand story
Take whoever made the dexnav
Make magic happen.
>>
>>26555767
The only subjective view on that list is the wonky sprites.

It's ok to like a shit game but don't try to pass them off as great or try to hide behind "opinions brah" when you tried to call me out on mine of a game made 20 years ago not holding up today.
>>
>>26554818
BW2 sales were horrible. And it is even worse if you take into consideration that DS was Nintendo best selling console.
>>
File: hoennnigger.gif (523KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
hoennnigger.gif
523KB, 320x240px
>>26555697
>glitchy mess
it was the first gen. those aren't part of the main game. you can just avoid them
> horrible battle system
again, it was the first gen. It wasn't about being competitive, it was about catch them all
>no real story
it's an adventure. it's about discovering a world of pokemon. Pokemon was something new at the time
>wonky sprites
classical sprites. some are good, some are bad. and people complain about sprites even in gen 6
>>26555851
>a shit game
a game you don't like it hoennfag
if those were shit games, pokemon would not be a franchise that will last for years.
if the first pokemon games were shit like you're talking, pokemon would have died in gen1
also
>Pokeboom
the "Pokeboom" existed because the earlier games
>>
>>26554640
Tajiri=Masuda>Morimoto=Ohmori>>>Unno
>>
>>26555943
>BW2 sales were horrible
It's the second best selling third version after yellow.
>>
>>26555943
Not an argument.
>>
>>26555851
>no real story
It was the same as every other game, you are kid that left home to be a pokemon champion. Unless you mean that it has to be edgy to be "real".

>horrible battle system
Why horrible? It is the same as always, a turn based RPG battle.

>only value it has is nostalgic
They are legitimately good games, if they weren't, pokemon would have died there.
>>
>>26556239
There was literally a thread yesterday discussing the topic, comparing the sellings for the DS, pokemon flopped hard during gen 4/5.
>>
>>26556459
I don't think you know what flopping means.
>>
finally Morimoto getting the credit he deserves.
>>
The more I look at Masuda the more I think he's kinda attractive.
Help.
>>
>>26556493
People who bought DS preferred mario, nintendogs, or even fucking brain age over a pokemon game from gen 4/5. If you take into consideration that DS was one of the consoles with highest amount of games per console, and was also the best selling console Nintendo ever did, Pokemon could easily sell twice the amount it did, but it didn't.

top selling games by handheld:
>GB
1-Pokemon RGB
2-Tetris
3-Pokemon GS

>GBA
1-Pokemon RS
2-Pokemon FRLF
3-Pokemon E

>DS
1-New Super Mario
2-Nintendogs
3-Mario Kart
4-Brain age
5-Pokemon DP
Neither BW2 or Platinum made in the top 10, behind stuff like Mario Party DS and Brain Age 2.

>3DS
1-Pokemon XY
2-Mario Kart
3-Pokemon ORAS
>>
>>26556531
Yellow fever is beyond the boundaries of gender preconcepts.
>>
File: Yellow-alert.gif (11KB, 125x101px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow-alert.gif
11KB, 125x101px
PSA: MASUDA DID NOT DIRECT PLATINUM.

IT WAS TAKESHI KAWACHIMARU.

BULBAPEDIA IS RUN BY RETARDS WHO CAN'T EVEN READ THE CREDITS.
>>
>>26554844
>>Masuda accidentally made Platinum amazing. He probably forgot the deadline, and rushed it out the door before he could fuck it up.

kek
>>
>>26556987
Even more kek
>>
>>26556531
You just have to look past those teeth but yeah, he's pretty handsome
>>
>>26556987
Well shit, Masuda didn't direct anything I liked
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.