[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The new Pokémon games should have difficulty settings. >Normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: 1464595644322.png (569KB, 588x412px) Image search: [Google]
1464595644322.png
569KB, 588x412px
The new Pokémon games should have difficulty settings.
>Normal
>Hard
>Kid Mode (for Unovabortions and up)

Y/N?
>>
>>26546943
>Babbies first Unovashitter post
Hello, Newfriend :)
>>
>>26546943
>bashing Unova over difficulty
>the region that introduced difficulty settings to the mainline games
At least try more than not at all.
>>
>>26546982
The fuck are you talking about? Gen 5 had the most hand- holding until gen 6.
>>
>>26546999
BW2 literally has difficulty settings.
>>
File: tomoya-wink.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tomoya-wink.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>26546943
>Kid Mode (for Unovabortions and up)
Oh anon! You're so rude! Aren't you?
>>
File: 1464146492850.png (51KB, 706x669px) Image search: [Google]
1464146492850.png
51KB, 706x669px
>>26546982
>you had to beat the game to unlock them
>implying unovakiddies even played the higher difficulty

I was thinking a hard mode could give all enemy trainer's pokemon slightly stronger moves and maybe 5 extra levels, and the experience your pokemon gain would be cut by 30% to stop them from getting overleveled against strong enemy mons.
>>
>>26547023
>>26546999
Gen 5 was the only one with level scaling so you couldn't power through everything with just your starter.
>>
>>26546943
Only after you beat the league.
>>
>>26546943
I personally think there should be a "quiz" to determine the difficulty setting. Like what Pokemon you are for Mystery Dungeon's start
>>
>>26547023
or yknow.. make the ai less retarded
>>
File: 1464612638958.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1464612638958.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>26547074
that too
>>
As long as "hard mode" doesn't just mean more grinding
>>
>>26547023
An improved version of level scaling, smarter AI, better movesets, and more pokemon per trainer is all I want. I don't really want to tediously grind at all and would rather barely win, maybe lose once or twice, and not get stomped due to level difference. Though I'd imagine that's how most people are.
>>
File: 1359148946500.gif (2MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1359148946500.gif
2MB, 280x210px
I'd like a story mode where you don't play as a kid, and you can just pick a regular dude instead. A lot of their fanbase is in their 20s and some in their 30s.

It wouldn't be hard to implement, just replace the mother at her house with an empty one and a healing station. And instead of having the kid slave out for professors just have the dude be an intern.

Not even joking about this
>>
>make all battles double battles
Easy solution. Seriously Colosseum was difficult as hell.
>>
>>26547091
what else could it possibly entail in this long outdated series?
>>
The only real difference we need from a difficulty mode is have Hard give everyone decent movesets, held items, and AI. Pumping up stats and levels is just a lazy way to make the game harder that most will overcome through grinding.

Normal should at least have Gen V level team building IE actually having basic hold items on important trainers like Oran/Sitrus berries or Mystic Water type shit which is the only real difference from Gen VI.

Easy should just be Normal with lower levels and no hold items.

Also, keep Gen VI EXP Share, but flesh it out heavily with options for things like selectively choosing which party members EXP is shared with or not, being able to disable EXP gain period, turning on/off Gen V EXP scaling, on/off all the various bonus to EXP XY added like catching Pokemon, Amie bonuses you've unlocked, or unevolved Pokemon levelling faster which is really cool if you wanna pull an Ash and use an unevolved Pokemon as a team mascot or something and have it be able to pull some weight.
>>
>>26548866
>I'd like a story mode where you don't play as a kid
Yeah but its a Japanese game and Im pretty sure its a law in Japan that you have to play as a teenager or young kid
>>
>>26548866
I like this idea. Also, sauce on that GIF? I'm curious.
>>
>>26547023
>Hard fucking mode

>Every trainers uses EV'd pokemon
>Gym leaders use legit 6v6 monotype teams
>AI is punishing and makes predictions with a 25% chance of failure (It reads your fucking moves when you pick them)
>Level cap, you can't level up past a certain point if you don't have the next badge.
>Elite 4/Gym leaders have IV'd pokemon like battle maison.
>Opponent's pokemon are always 3-5 levels above you.
>Double hax chance for NPCs (Lava plume now has a 60% chance to burn against you)
>Gym leaders punish you for starting with your ace (Thought you could just send out a ground type? Levitate, Air balloon, Shuca Berry)
>Rival constantly counterpicks the last pokemon you beat him with (You caught a pikachu? He now has an excadrill)
>Shit like amie is now required
>Rival/Champion has amie buffs in 3 of his mons.
>Super training is a must or your pokemon won't survive
>Exp.Share remains the same to punish EVs and to avoid grinding.
>Items are limited to 3 per battle.
>Costs are multiplied by 10.
>All trainers now have at least 3 pokemon.
>They give out barely any $poke
>Gym leaders/Rivals/Champions don't use shitmons.
>Legendary pokemon are not available until postgame
>Trading is blocked as well

Git gud.
>>
>>26548912
>wanting AI cheating ever
Some of those are pretty dope ideas. While I don't agree with ALL of it, seemed like a pretty decent time.
>>
>>26546943
GO

BACK

TO

YOUR

FUCKING

SIMULATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1462073481677.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1462073481677.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>26549034
???
>>
>>26549136
Summer.
>>
File: image_1.jpg (44KB, 305x290px) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
44KB, 305x290px
>Kid Mode
>Not Kalosperms and up
>>
>>26548909
found it here millennia ago, but just googled 'hand ostrich cart' out of curiosity and it turns out it's a robotic piece of artwork by a guy called Tim Lewis.
>>
>>26549150
Tell me how everything you want can't be cured by either just battling people online or by doing a battle facility, which might as well be the same thing, except it has no compunctions about haxing you to death.
>>
>>26548908
Yeah, it probably adds quite a bit to their depression when they turn 18. But Still, it's just a couple of small changes that would make the game a bit better for everyone else
>>
>people actually falling for unovabortion bait
If you started with unova you'd still be underage
>>
>>26548912
Nah, I don't want to ever do Super Training.
>>
>>26548912
>It reads your fucking moves when you pick them

Terrible idea

>Level cap, you can't level up past a certain point if you don't have the next badge.

Terrible idea, completely unjustified in regards to core gameplay mechanics.

>Opponent's pokemon are always 3-5 levels above you.

Terrible idea

>Double hax chance for NPCs

lol

>Shit like amie is now required

How is that hard mode?

>Items are limited to 3 per battle.

Completely pointless. Also, pokéballs

>Costs are multiplied by 10.
>They give out barely any $poke

You're fucking retarded.

>Trading is blocked as well

Stop posting any time

>Git gud.

lol
>>
File: 1457119938755.jpg (102KB, 900x526px) Image search: [Google]
1457119938755.jpg
102KB, 900x526px
>>26547023
>This
and
>Improve enemy AI
>Revives cant be used during battle
>>26548912
>Every trainers uses EV'd pokemon
>Elite 4/Gym leaders have IV'd pokemon
>Gym leaders/Rivals/Champions don't use shitmons.
>>
>>26548912
>AI blatantly cheats
>6v6 five levels over for the first gym
>Level cap
>Double hax chance
>Costs are increased and money drops are decreased
That's not getting good, that's retarded. Some of the ideas aren't bad - gym leaders and E4 being tough is a good idea - but some of it is blatantly stupid.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.