[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the champion before blue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7

File: Champion_Room_FRLG.png (5KB, 216x322px) Image search: [Google]
Champion_Room_FRLG.png
5KB, 216x322px
Who was the champion before blue?
>>
>>26529987
There wasn't one
>>
>>26529987
I'm guessing Lance being the champ in GSC was a hint that he was the champion before Blue but then that leaves the question of who was the last E4 member. Do they just kick them out the last person in line as soon as the champ loses?
>>
>>26529987
wasnt it just lance? or am i mixing things up
>>
How much money do you think an E4 member makes
>>
I think it was Prof Oak. He was in the room...
>>
>>26529987
professor oak desu
>>
>>26530040
the professors have pretty commonly been in the rooms.
>>
>>26530018
The plausibility of that depends on how long the League has been around. Oak's email implies that it's actually a very recent creation so you might be right but we have no real way to know.

I always thought that a prequel game in kanto could work, 60's atmosphere, play as Oak, the legendary plot is about Mewtwo's creation. If you think about it Kanto kinda feels like some weird shenanigans went down some years ago but we never find out about it.
>>
>>26529987
serena
>>
>>26530032
in GSC it was lance, but I think blue was canonically the first "champion," meaning the spot was up for grabs before him and he was the first trainer strong enough to win
>>
I was always under the impression that blue was the first champion.

No real reason to beleive so, but it made sense in my headcanon ever since rby
>>
>>26530065
I never considered this but this actually makes sense. But then how did Lance become Champion? If it was because Blue left, why wouldn't the champion spot just be empty if it can be empty? Why didn't Lance just be the champion before?
>>
>>26530107
My Guess is Lance couldn't just become Champion by being the last E4 member after Blue was ousted, he probably had to defeat all the other members and possibly a substitute for himself. Lance might have been trying to become Champion for a long time but was unable to do so until Lorelei left the league or something. Just a theory, again, we can only speculate since we don't know what really happens in the time jump between gen I and gen II.
>>
>>26529987
The 3rd very best
>>
Vacancy. Oak retired.
>>
>>26530142
I just feel like this takes too many assumptions to work. Maybe Lance beat Blue and that was why Blue left in the first place?
>>
>>26530171
Blue was definitely beaten by Red. So either Lance beat Red and that's why he's training at Mt. Silver, or Red did really fuck off Indigo Plateau because he's an autist and Lance had to step in his place.
>>
>>26529987

his name is Gary, not Blue
>>
League was created in Kanto at the end of an unknown war in which Lt. Surge participated in for unknown reasons. Speculation-wise, some believe it was a Kanto v Unova or a war where the two regions were on opposing sides of a greater conflict. No idea personally, but Blue was this new league's first champion,
>>
File: wailordsbait.jpg (70KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wailordsbait.jpg
70KB, 1000x1000px
>>26530221
>>
Lance, obviously.
>>
>>26530270
Why else would it be created? To contain the violent tendencies of humans so that the war will never happen again.
>>
>>26530040
This probably isn't too far from the truth. Oak was programmed with a team that was stronger than Blues......
>>
>>26529987
Youngster Joey
>>
>>26530270
>>26530287

The pokewar meme needs to die. lt Surge is just very dedicated to the gym leader persona he's created. It's all bullshit he made up because every gym leader needs to have a shtick.
>>
File: 1463604986319.jpg (153KB, 475x708px) Image search: [Google]
1463604986319.jpg
153KB, 475x708px
The games has given hints that the Elite four sytem and Gym leader system are possibly interlinked with their members. Such as Koga being a Gym leader in RGBY while in GSC he is a Elite four member or Iris being gym leader in BW and then Champion in BW2. The vice versa is done with the rival of RGBY, with him being champion in RGBY while in GSC he becomes a gym leader. Think even in Oras Steven just steps down being the Champion and promotes Wallace to the title in his place.

So if a change is made in the elite four that results in demoting a member, they could just be made to be a gym leader instead and not completely waste the potential.
>>
>>26529987
Blue has never been a champion, I think you're confusing her with Green.
>>
>>26530341
Some just retire, though. Lorelei went back home to the Sevii islands and there is no indication she becomes a gym leader anywhere else. Agatha is nowhere to be seen after gen I, though it's plausible she died considering how old she was.
>>
>>26530341
Interesting...how does that work, though? That would sort of imply that all major trainers are actually at the same skill level, they've just assigned themselves different roles.
>>
File: Green_vs_Blue.jpg (110KB, 450x978px) Image search: [Google]
Green_vs_Blue.jpg
110KB, 450x978px
>>26529987
>Who was the champion before blue?

According to silly Pokémon rumor.

It was Green, however this rumor hasn't officially been confirm or deconfirm by a official source.

Daily reminder to never believe in unofficial sources or their rumors.
>>
>>26530364

According to Pokémon Gold and Silver.

He's call " Blue Oak".
>>
"Champion" is a title, not a rank. Anyone who has beaten the Elite Four is a certified Champion. Red and Blue are both Champions.

In the manga, Oak is a former Champion.
>>
File: Capture.png (66KB, 781x588px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
66KB, 781x588px
>>26530065
>strong enough to win
>>
>>26530418
>In the manga, Oak is a former Champion
How did he lose his title as a Champion?
>>
>>26530418
There's champion the title and "the Champion" that is actually present at the league headquarters and is battled for the title. How they relate is not clear exactly.
>>
File: PkmnProfWantsToFight.png (995B, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
PkmnProfWantsToFight.png
995B, 160x144px
>>26530418

We was suppose to battle in Pokémon Red and Blue.
>>
>>26530417
Only in the localizations and only because they only translated the third version, which is dumb. It's basically a mistake they have refused to fix with FRLG (even though they used the proper name for the game), HGSS and Origins (including him wearing green and stuff, they even got as far as modifying some dialogue because of it) and only because they fear some genwunner might complain about it not being the "Red and Blue" they remember. It's also why there's a lot of confusion about Blue's name, which just doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>26530441
>Sometime later, at the Pokémon League, Professor Oak appears disguised as a Trainer known as "Dr. O." He works his way through the matches and eventually reaches the semi-finals where he is matched against Green. Knowing of Green's ornithophobia, Oak exploits it by using a team filled with Flying-type bird Pokémon. Eventually, he defeats her in battle, but forgives her for stealing his Squirtle and gives her a Pokédex. When Blue reveals that whoever wins the next match between him and Red means that they would have to fight the Professor, Oak tells him that he intends to give up the match, making their match the final one.

It's unknown how he lost is before-hand

>>26530445
Yeah, it's like President. There is still a President Bush or President Clinton, but then there is also President Obama
>>
>>26530338

There's a lot of war in the Pokemon universe. The main plot of X/Y revolved around an ancient one. It's not that hard to believe there was a recent war in the world.

inb4 "X/Y are semi-canon" or some bullshit like that to bolster your own autism.
>>
>>26530482

Well, He's blue now.
>>
>>26530423
>3 Grass Moves Venusaur
>STABless Rhydon

To be fair, movesets back then were really fucked
>>
Tangentally related to the thread, anyone know the name of this hack I played a while ago? It was a Red hack that let you catch all 151, but also had Gym Leader rematches and after you beat all eight Gym Leaders, you could rematch the E4 with level 100 teams. After you beat Blue in the rematch team, Oak suddenly appears and you have to fight him as a sixth opponent.

It wasn't even that long ago when I played it but I can't remember the name and lost the hard drive with the hack.
>>
>>26530510
Not in the original material, which is clear they still consider more important than any translation. They'll hopefully fix it once they understand I'm more autistic about it than any genwunner is!
>>
How did Hoenn have a Champion already, then?
>>
If you got to Mt Silver, which is only supposed to be accessible by former champions, there is an old lady in the Pokemon center. She's the only NPC there besides Red and the nurse.

I forgot her dialogue, and she's only in the original G/S/C
>>
>>26530423
Doesn't that team actually go with the meta that was competitive RBY? All he's missing really is a Chansey.
>>
>Oak says he used to have a lot of Pokemon, now he only has three left.

>Agatha says Oak used to be duff and handsome, now he only cares about the Pokedex.

>Unused battle against Oak.

>Pokemon League specifically invites Oak to visit them when the League challenge starts.

>He doesn't.
>>
>>26530550
>Trainers who seek power climb MT. SILVER despite its many dangers…
>With their trusted POKéMON, they must feel they can go anywhere…
>>
>>26530584
Alakazam and Rhydon are really the only competitive ones there

Zapdos
Chansey
Starmie
Tauros
Persian
Alakazam

Then he'd have the perfect Gen 1 competitive team
>>
>>26530584
He is using actually good Pokemon save for Pidgeot, yes, if that's what you mean. They were all strong Pokemon except for like Blastoise and Pidgeot back then. Their movesets are unplayably terrible though. His Exeggutor has literally nothing that makes it good.
>>
>Beat Blue
>Become champ
>time for elite 4 rebattles
>Somehow Blue is the champ again, despite never beating you
>>
>>26530498
Nah, X/Y are fully canon.
But the pokewar theory is bullshit, there might have been a war, even one Lt Surge fought in, but the whole conspiracy the League was born from it and Kanto is a post apocalyptic setting is stupid.
>>
>>26530584
Alakazam and Rhydon, yes, everyone else, no.

The problem is the movesets anyway. Although I don't know why people love to single out that fight, since everyone in RGB is like that.
>>
>>26530626
Exeggutor, Gyarados, Venusaur, and I think Charizard were all OU in RBY.
>>
>>26530142
He only won after Lorelei left is a cool theory
>>
>>26530636
Oh, my bad, Gyarados was BL in RBY not OU
>>
>>26530617
Japan IS post-apocalyptic.
>>
>>26530636
They're all good, yes, but not "all he's missing is a Chansey"good.

Except for 'Zard. He was pretty ass.
>>
>>26530341
Well a frontier head joined the elite 4 does that have any relevance?
>>
File: it_don_t_matter.jpg (27KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
it_don_t_matter.jpg
27KB, 500x281px
If there was a champion before Blue, then who was it?
If it was Lance, then who was the other person in the Elite 4 that was kicked off as Lance became a member again after losing to Blue?
>>
what if blue is the professor oak in gen ii because red cucked him out of the champion position?
>>
>>26530673
My guess is that elite trainers simply are few and all know each other so they can transition between elite 4, gyms and battle facilities with relative ease.
>>
>>26530626
>Although I don't know why people love to single out that fight, since everyone in RGB is like that.
It's just shitters trying to prove how much harder Gen VI is.
>>
>>26530644
I like that theory because if you think about it, the original elite 4 all balance each other rather well such that any one member would have a difficult time defeating all the others. Lorelei's ice loses to Bruno's fighting, Agatha's ghosts are immune to Bruno's fightning, and Lance's Dragons sweep over Agatha's team. But then Lance's dragons are weak to Lorelei's ice.
>>
>>26530423
ah the good old red/blue era default movesets combined with stone evolutions not learning any moves naturally

interestingly a growlithe that level would have had the moveset leer, take down, agility, flamethrower which'd be significantly more dangerous

hilariously enough the venusaur, the only pokemon with a custom moveset is actually worse than the default moveset with mega drain replacing sleep powder
>>
>>26530393
I thought Richard got BTFO by mods. What happened?
>>
>>26530749
Well, it's not really easier either, if you meant to imply that. Only difference is that now you overwhelm by number because no one has more than 3 mons, as opposed to in the past just sending out someone with a type advantage since NPCs they only grasped the concept of coverage moves by Gen 4.
>>
>>26530423

Use Fr/Lg since they replaced gen 1 in canon.
>>
>>26530617

...Never did I once say that anything's post-apocalyptic. However, it's quite clear the league was born recently enough that it may have had something to do with a foreign war of some-sorts. I believe there are national governments and nations within the Pokemon world, though it's never discussed simply because it's uninteresting politics that children and adults alike aren't interested in. Furthermore, it detracts from the environmentalist narrative the series provides.
>>
>>26530911
>it's quite clear the league was born recently enough
How is it clear at all? I don't remember any implication at all that the league circuit was new. I can maybe buy that Blue was the first one to complete the challenge but there's no reason to think that it was new.
>>
>>26530931
I think Oak's email implies the league is new, as it reads as an advertisement calling fro trainers to go compete, which would seem unnecessary if it was a very well known institution in which every trainer aspired to compete. Unless Oak has kept that email for a long, long time.
>>
>>26530997
What email?
>>
>>26531028
What a good kid, not looking at someone else's private emails
>>
>>26531028
The one in his lab's computer in RBY and remakes.
>>
>>26530033
They pay them in rare candies.
>>
>>26530065
But then why didn't they just make Lance the Champion?
>>
Red's father.
>>
>>26530386
This is how I like to think of it. I also like to think that Gym Leaders use different Pokémon and teams depending on how many badges the opposition has (a la Pokémon Origins).

So in theory, Roxanne is just as strong as Wallace. However, if you fight her first, she uses a weak team to match your skill level. That's why Gym Leaders can step up or step down the ladder.

That's also why Cheren becomes a Gym Leader and uses weak Pokémon. We already know he has an extremely strong team of Pokémon from his past adventures, but he puts them aside when you fight him because you have no badges.
>>
>>26531169
I pretty much go with Origins as far as accurate representations of what happens in-game, so I think I can pretty much confirm that gym leaders have different sets of Pokemon to use based on their judgment of your power level or other factors.
>>
>>26531192
I was just looking at the pic of Oak's lab a few minutes ago. The one in Origins is not like any version of Oak's Lab in the games.
>>
>>26531192
You don't even need Origins, the Cheren thing in BW2 confirms it.

Having said that, I think the elite 4 and the champion fight with everything they've got, it's only the gym leaders that adjust their teams.
>>
>>26531218
I dont think the arenas are either. Oak's lab didn't even look the same between generations. His lab is actually an "institute" and would in reality be a lot larger with more people there than 2 aides, a fuckbuddy (?), and him. It's just Pallet in game is very small and can't fit it.
>>
>>26529987
I think it's pretty obvious:
Lance was the champion, but Blue beat him. When this happened, Will (the lowest ranking member) was kicked out. After Red beat Blue and decided not to become sitting champ, Will was invited back in.
>>
>>26530097
>headcanon
To tumblr thoust must return, begone!
>>
>>26531645
>>headcanon
>>tumblr

Fuck off it predates tumblr. It was a commonly used word in the wow forums in like 2004 and I'm sure it predates even that.
>>
>>26531645
lol
>>
>>26530033
They get the money from beating Trainers and getting payouts from their victories.
>>
>>26533574
So, the higher up the chain you are, the lower your pay is?
>>
>>26535736
>>
>>26529987
There wasn't a champ. When you beat the Elite 4, they say "You're the Champion! Or you would be, if someone hadn't just beaten is before you." Implying that if Blue hadn't just become Champ, then that would be all that you needed to do to become Champ, meaning there must've not been one.
>>
>>26533631
the union reformed this shoddy system, by making the E4 in any order from Gen V onwards
>>
>>26537732
They'll still get pretty much no challengers compared to gym leaders, though.
>>
>>26537822
they get the champion coming in everyday, who everybody hates because they know he's only there to topple the economy by constantly winning and being a smug asshole to the previous champion that he beat but wants him to stay at the league, so he can keep beating him
Champion Protag is an asshole
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.