[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 290
Thread images: 35

File: DontCheat.png (142KB, 1142x187px) Image search: [Google]
DontCheat.png
142KB, 1142x187px
What's your oppinion on cheating /vp/?
>>
File: cuck.png (461KB, 642x1076px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.png
461KB, 642x1076px
>>26527980
Cheating is alright,
>>
Unless at high-level play, I wouldn't give a shit. Don't really care about how I fare in Showdown, anyway.
>>
do whatever you want. it's just a game
>>
You aren't a true Pokémon fan if you cheat.
>>
File: blueisbest.png (433KB, 864x712px) Image search: [Google]
blueisbest.png
433KB, 864x712px
I'm prefer breeding myself especially since gen 6 made it MUCH easier but I fault no one for injecting/hacking/rng/cloning pokemon as long as they're legit.

Hell the vast majority of people/pro players breed with obviously hacked perfect dittos anyway.
>>
>>26527980
Im hoping SM does somethimg similar to pentagon that will actually work. Im waiting for the day people cant inject.
>>
We're in a setting where keeping a living dex is considered cheating, but injecting isn't, so i dont fucking care.

If you cheat, fine, just don't act like you're morally superior to people who play the game legit, I can't stand that shit.
>>
>>26527980
As long as you're creating legit Pokemon, who cares? If you've played 6 generations of games what point is there in grinding countless monsters for your competitive teams? It's a waste of time.
>>
>>26527980
Remove IVs and cheating will go down
>>
Who cares, as long as you're not bad at it.
>>
>>26527999
c-cucked
>>
>>26528018
Pokemon at it's core is just a bunch of data, and date is always easily manipulated.
As long as there is interest, cheating won't go down.
Pentagon systems "That actually work" wouldn't matter in the slightlest, as you could easily add it to the pokemon yourself.
>>
>>26527980
Cheating in a single player game? Sure, do whatever you want. All negative repercussions fall solely on you.

Cheating in a multiplayer game? Kill yourself immediately. Nothing is more pathetic than cheating in a game for epeen points, and cheating in professional tournaments is all kinds of fucked up.

That said, using a third party program to bypass the bullshit IV system in competitive coinflipping does not count, because IVs are a terrible game mechanic and should never have been added.
>>
Cheat in your singleplayer game all you want, but keep those copies out of the GTS
>>
It doesn't even matter if they do anything about it, a million 6IV shiny Ditto's will be transferred from XYORAS to SM and nothing can be done to stop that.
>>
Unless you're injecting impossibly overleveled pokemon with impossible movesets to use in competitive, there's nothing wrong with it.

Single player is a bore without a few hacked mons thrown in.

People who think they're morally superior for breeding can fuck right off.
>>
Remove cheating by adopting a rental system a la Showdown where you pick pokemon, moves, abilities, stats, etc before a tournament run.
Would be so simple.
>>
As long as you acknowledge you're cheating and not trying to call it anything but what it is, go for it.
>>
>>26527980
Do whatever you want with your game, but if you're playing in official competitions, especially ones that have cash prize, don't break the fucking rules.
>>
how the fuck do you cheat in pokemon?
hold on, let me turn on my non-existent infinite hp and instakill powers
>>
>>26528072
>People who think they're morally superior for breeding can fuck right off.
Nice argument.
But it's a fact you aren't playing the game correctly.
>>
>>26527999
fuuuuck. first post best post. 999 confirms. happy cheating, everyone
>>
File: 1463682231610.png (154KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1463682231610.png
154KB, 512x512px
>>26528087
R-readlly my 6IV shiny team is legit. I bred them all myself.
>>
>>26528130
>Implying there is a valid reason to do that.
I guess I should stop playing little cup, since the game wasn't meant to be played like that.
>>
>>26528130

>Youre not allowed to play online if you havent spent hundreds of hours breeding mons

What other game forces you to play single player for over 150 hours before you can effectively play multiplayer? Which, by the way, is just complex rock-paper-scissors.

>Correctly

I bet you use legends on your team huh?
>>
File: 1457983698547.jpg (10KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
1457983698547.jpg
10KB, 217x250px
cheat
CHēt/
verb
gerund or present participle: cheating

act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.
"she always cheats at cards"

Injecting pokemon is not cheating unless you give them impossible movesets and stats, everyone has all the same access to the same things. The only difference is that one person wasted their time with a boring game mechanic and the other didn't. Now the person that wasted their time is butthurt and is claiming that the other person is somehow getting an unfair advantage.
>>
>>26528016
Wish they'd make breeding with genderless Pokemon less of a pain. At least they should let you put two of the same species together instead of relying on Ditto.
>>
Cheating is not wrong if everything it does is saving you time.
>>
>>26528177
>wasted their time
Stopped reading there
>>
File: litten smug.png (170KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
litten smug.png
170KB, 352x352px
>>26527980
I inject. People that throw shitfits about "muh purity" and think they are somehow superior for playing Bike Simulator 2016 all day are incredibly autistic. And I have actual autism.
>>
>>26528219
Because my point got across that fast? :^)
>>
>>26528010
Nice "no true scotsman" fallacy fuckface
>>
Anyone that even unironically atempts breeding perfect pokemon without a 6IVs ditto is forever doomed to roam the earth has a kissless virgin FACT.
I think this is the one only form of cheating that even moral fags can agree is perfectly okay (besides obviously furry man but he's a a huge fag so nobody should take him seriously ever).
>>
>>26528224
>I inject
>I have autism
Checks out perfectly. Injectorfags should go to showdown and suck smogon's dick if they want perfect mons without effort.
>>
>>26528224

The reason most people who hate injectors do so is PRECISELY because people like YOU are acting superior and mocking those who play the game legitimately.

I watched this happen, no one gave a shit until a bunch of insecure injectors started going after people who didn't.
>>
>>26527980
Cheating is acceptable and understandable.
>>
>>26527980
I play the game to play the game. And breeding is part of the game, so I play it.
If GameFreak created a mode where you could put a competitive team together a la Showdown, I'd use that. But they haven't, so I won't.
Cheating is below my honor.
>>
>>26528261
I'd rather play on cartridge and use whatever I like, thanks senpai. Nice to know I upset someone by just voicing my opinion, though.
>>
File: literal autism.png (89KB, 297x321px) Image search: [Google]
literal autism.png
89KB, 297x321px
>>26528261
>>26528219
>>26528130
>>26528010
>>
>>26528288
>Nice to know I upset someone by just voicing my opinion, though.
I can say the same about you myself. If you don't want to play the game or want everything spoonfed to you like the incompetent faggot that you are, then go ahead. And I'm almost sure that the people who complain about the new games giving you free legends and shit, are the same people who inject their mons.
>>26528286
This guy gets it
>>
>>26528331
Not the same guy you responded to, but I see competitive battling as a separate entity from the main game, but the legendary catching as part of the actual game itself, and just getting handed those are annoying. But when it comes to battling, the part everyone is looking for is the battling, so why should I waste my time on breeding and walking in circles when when I could be having more fun? I would like a legitimate answer, as I want to see this from your point of view.
>>
File: [TIPPING INTENSIFIES].gif (141KB, 287x344px) Image search: [Google]
[TIPPING INTENSIFIES].gif
141KB, 287x344px
>>26528286
>Cheating is below my honor.
>>
>>26528382
Adding to my original statement, when catching legendary pokemon you aren't just looking to get the pokemon, you're looking for an epic and cinematic challenge to capture some mythical creature with just you and your normal pokemon pals.
>>
>>26528224
>Injecting is fun for me because I can get ideal Pokemon instantly and test out otherwise illegal strats in the Maison. Sure, it's "lazy" but I'd rather that than be repeatedly rolling a dice and hoping that RNG works in my favor.

You forgot that.
>>
Dont get caught ;D
>>
Don't wanna play bike simulator? Don't. Fine by me. Want to inject legal stuff to save time? Go right ahead.

Wanna make a shiny Hige Power Slaking with Dragon Ascent, Thousand Arrows, Knock Off, and Play Rough. Wew lad. Don't bring that online but otherwise, it's not hurting anyone.
>>
>>26528402
I personally like to catch the legenday pokemon first, and then edit their stats/nature and related afterwards.
It's honestly the only way to use your starter pokemon or even the pokemon you caught after the story is over.
>>
>>26528404
Oh yeah, that too.
>>
>>26528286

>below my honor

Tip top kek
>>
>>26528421
I don't like to edit the pokemon I caught/used in the story, I like to keep them all in a special box just as they were when I completed the game.
>>
>>26528286
>below my honor

Guaranteed (you)
3/10 made me reply.
>>
>>26527980
You're an adult. You don't have the time to waste time on a kids game for the sake of playing fair. Competitively, people should be on a level playing field, not have people waste time on shit that has nothing to do with competitive battles with better pokemon while others don't want to waste that time.
>>
>>26527980
I don't really care, although I don't do it myself. I'm not all that much into competitive anyway, so pentaperfect is more than fine for casual battles with friends. Besides, I'm too lazy to hack my 3ds anyway and I don't want to go around begging other people for 6iv Ditto either.

>>26528224
>bike simulator 2016
Am I the only one who finds this relaxing? Breeding is such a brainless activity that I like to do it after a stressful day.
>>
>>26528443
retarded and autistic
>>
>>26528286
>cheating isnt wrong it's just below my honor
>>
I don't like it.
But I understand why people do it.

I feel like cheating in a multiplayer game is shitty, single player you can do what you like.
If you want to do showdown, I could care less. But when you are doing "competitive" or any of the real world contest things. I agree it should be bannable.
>>
File: 1464620323456.jpg (139KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1464620323456.jpg
139KB, 1023x682px
I wouldn't cheat if there wasn't a highly time-consuming, mindless, luck based grind required to make just a single viable Pokemon. Why should I waste all that time making a Pokemon that's identical to one that can be made in seconds? "Cheating" in this case, does not give me the upper hand in terms of battling.
If GF doesn't want people to cheat, make a system that makes creating competitively viable Pokemon quicker.
>>
File: 1455149798499.jpg (15KB, 350x384px) Image search: [Google]
1455149798499.jpg
15KB, 350x384px
>>26528286
>Cheating is below my honor.

Now I respect that you have your standards but that just a tiny bit much.
>>
>>26528463
>You're an adult. You don't have the time to waste time on a kids game.

Fixed it for you.

>people should be on a level playing field

You mean the kind of level playing field where you're entitled to cheat because you don't want to spend more time playing the game legitimately? Yeah, okay.

As for me, I don't play video games meant for 10 year olds "competitively", so I don't have this problem.
>>
I'd feel bad for beating someone because they didn't torture themselves through countless hours of breeding the perfect team.

If you wanna take the shortcut and spend more time battling rather than hatching eggs until your thumb develops blisters, go for it. I like to do a variety of the two. If it's a pokemon i know i'm gonna use frequently, like azumarill then i breed it, feed it and train it.

If i literally don't give a fucking shit and i only need it for the team to work, like raikou, then fucking inject it and let's get it over with so i can play already.
>>
>>26528555
How is it not a level playing field? Are you legitimately retarded? Everyone has the same access to the same degree of mon, as long as their stats and movesets are legit.
>>
File: 1461572010712.png (306KB, 555x768px) Image search: [Google]
1461572010712.png
306KB, 555x768px
>>26528402
>Epic and cinematic legends
I wholeheartedly agree. When I made that statement, I implied that injectors are the ones who complain the most loudly, because then, they find the game way easier than what they make it up to be.
>Why would I waste my time when I could have more fun?
That's a great question, but since you're asking for my point of view, I'll answer this personally. For me, the whole breeding process is another challenge, a challenge in which, you have to beat the odds by mere luck. This whole process is tiring, longer and most of the time boring. But for me, every egg I hatch is thrilling, from the moment it hatches to the moment I check it's IVs/Nature/etc. It's like a surprise in every egg, some are good and some aren't. By the end of the day, after a day full of experiences and hard work (patience), nothing feels more rewarding than to have a legit bred Pokémon with beneficial nature and perfect/semi-perfect Ivs. It all adds more to the game for me. It's a very rewarding experience to battle in the competitive scene with homemade mons, instead of artificial lifeless hacked mons.

To this day, I haven't used a hacked Ditto or even a safari ditto to breed. That's my opinion in the matter. What bothers me the most is well explained here >>26528265

It all adds up to the experience, beating the shit out of some random guy on battle spot using a preset team sounds very artificial and lifeless, takes away the fun for me.
>>
>>26528555
I don't either which is why playing on battle sims would make much more sense if anyone wants to play competitively because it would be stupid and sad for an adult to play a game like that for the story.
>>
>>26527980
As someone who tried to actually soft reset to get a legit HP Fire 5iv latias (30 in HP Fire IVs) I can say that probably no one other than the most autistic of the bunch actually have legit penta/hexa perfect legendaries, it just takes too long and isn't rewarding when you can just inject a shit legit one with perfect stats.

I think they should either allow cheating as long as you are not getting illegal sets or stats, or ban it completely by checking game data and pokemon garbage bytes.

>Breeding is so much easier in gen 6, why even cheat
Because some competitive sets require pre-gen 6 tutor/HM/TM moves, or legendaries.

>>26528581
Good luck getting a legit hexaperfect Chansey with wish and seismic toss, or a Softboiled Clefable if you don't cheat.
>>
>>26528586
You know, what you said is perfectly ok, everyone can have fun with the game in any way they want.
The point of playing a videogame is to have fun.

The problem however, are people who want to enforce their ways on others.
>>
>>26528610
You can edit game data and garbage bytes.
Powersaves are for scrubs.
>>
>>26528586
I've hatched well over 6000 eggs and clocked in over 1000 hours in this gen alone. Fuck you, I'm done with that shit.
>>
People that wouldn't cheat would only make the game unfair for themselves. Have fun wasting time while everyone else is battling. Why even waste time on powersaves? Just fucking play on sims
>>
>>26528610
Seismic Toss is breedable on chansey and softboiled>wish. At least give good examples like defog you mongoloid.
>>
>cheating is 100% okay if the results are the same as playing the game without cheating.

Your brain is seriously fucked if if you genuinely believe this.

Achieving results that are the same as having played the game legitimately without having done so is LITERALLY the definition of cheating.

And honestly, if people were like "I'm injecting because fuck you I'll do what I want and if GF was serious about stopping it they'd have better detection methods in place", I wouldn't have a damn thing to say.

But these excuses about producing Pokémon through illegitimate means somehow serving to make the game "fairer" because you deserve to have the same chance of winning as someone willing to spend more time playing the game legitimately are fucking pathetic.
>>
I have injected a few times.
Here's my reasons.
>I could not get viable moves on the pokemon
This is the biggest one for me. So many moves become unavailable for pokemon as the moves change each generation. My best example would be Sheer force tauros with rock climb.
>Already trained the pokemon before
This one is me being lazy. But sometimes there is a hand full of builds for a certain pokemon. And you don't always want to use the same one, so I cloned my pokemon and changed the moves.
>Lost my games
This one comes from being younger at the time, but I lost a couple of my games so I would remake the pokemon I had and put them back in. This can also apply for battery death.
>>
File: 1452848856006.gif (3MB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452848856006.gif
3MB, 190x200px
>>26528599

> it would be stupid and sad for an adult to play a game like that for the story.

I play Pokémon as an adult but I'm still cool and not a manchild because I only play Pokémon for the deep gameplay and tactics.
>>
>>26528676
Pay2Win is a good system isn't it?
>>
>>26528669
In singles and for gimmicks in doubles Wish chansey is optimal, I confused Chansey with Kangaskhan on that Seismic toss learnability (M-Kenga with seismic toss is viable).

Try to deny Softboiled Clefable tho.

defog is pretty small time compared to these, but it still is a huge hassle since you need both D/P/Pt and SS/HG.
>>
Holy fucking shit so many verlisfags in here, it's so cancerous i can't breathe
>>
>>26528676
No one gives a shit about a "how long someone is willing to spend on the game" competition besides you. They want a "who is better at making decisions that win battles" competition.
>>
>>26528676
cheat
CHēt/
verb
gerund or present participle: cheating

act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.
"she always cheats at cards"

actually the definition of cheating is >LITERALLY that

Keyword is >advantage
Not >same result

Fucking autists
>>
>>26528754
So if you cheat in max money and items into a game. To buy all the best gear and materials it's fine. Because someone who spent there time on the game might have the same stuff?
That's bullshit and you know it.
I still don't care if people inject though. It's when they try to brush it off as not cheating.
>>
>>26528753
Exactly this
>>
>>26528709
>projecting
Yeah, and as an adult people play smash bros for the deep gameplay and tactics too.
>>
>>26528788
The difference is that one is cheating for resources, the other for time. Wh
>>
>>26528817
Not really, since the pokemon you cheat in, is still a product, or resource.
>>
>>26528788
If doing so gives you an advantage, yes, it's cheating.
Hacking a Pokemon with perfect IVs, EVs, Nature, and egg moves gives you zero advantage over someone who bred for one.
>>
>>26528788

This. Admit you cheat because you don't give a shit and don't want to spend the time it takes to play the game legitimately.

This "shortcuts are okay while running a marathon because the end result is the same as if I took the long way, but ran faster while doing so." bullshit needs to stop.
>>
>Why don't competitive fighting games have a system where you need to train to raise it's stats? It wouldn't be fair if everyone had the same stats without wasting time first to get results that should be standard.
>>
i only cheat on legendaries and moves that are stupid to get like defog on flygon
>>
>>26528812

>first person makes projecting statement
>second person points out the fallacy
>first person accuses second person of projecting

Okay.
>>
> teams are a mix of pokemon i bred myself and some i got from injector giveaways
>still breed while occasionally getting things from injectors
feels alright man
>>
>>26528842
>This "shortcuts are okay while running a marathon because the end result is the same as if I took the long way, but ran faster while doing so." bullshit needs to stop.

But that guarantees you win the race.... injecting pokemon doesn't guarantee that you win the battle....
>>
>>26528842

This somehow implies that breeding pokemon is equivalent to training harder to win a marathon. Breeding pokemon takes no hard work or skill, just a lot of free time.
>>
>>26528842
>Taking a shortcut in a race is the same as hacking a Pokemon identical to a legitimate one
I see why you don't inject, you're literally too retarded to do so.
>>
>>26528844

But Pokémon isn't a tournament fighter.

Its essentially a turn based RPG with recruitable/breedable player characters.

If someone made a tournament fighter where there was a single player component where you had to train and raise your fighters, then YES, using illicit external methods to bypass that and create the ideal character you'd like to play as and using that to play against other people who played the game legitimately, then YES, that's fucking cheating.

You don't get to break the rules of a game because you don't like the way the rules are, then insist that it's a 100% legitimate way to play the game.

CHEAT IF YOU WANT TO.

JUST STOP FUCKING LYING TO YOURSELF.
>>
>>26528476
>I'm too lazy to hack my 3ds
It's gotten easier/safer to do recently but you do need to set aside 3-5 hours depending on microsd speeds. In my opinion I recommend doing so, more customization of your theme, access to homebrew (emulation from nes to psx), ability to change nnid and hardware identification (avoid bans) and free shit (games)

Also having a hacked 3ds doesn't necessarily mean you're cheating as you need to go through a whole other process or have something like bootntr to enable cheating.
>>
>>26528838
But it does give you an advantage against most.
Since you don't have to spend the time and effort to get everything "perfect"
The advantage is effort, guarenteed shinies, getting pokemon that are not available (some legendary shinies, or natures before they were released) and custom balls.
You might still lose but it's still cheating.
>>
>>26528910
It's practically as bad as supply drops in shooter games but instead of paying with money, you pay with time. If you want to raise pokemon just play the story, but for people who want to battle, just get rid of the bullshit and cut to the chase because they want to use that energy on using different movesets, abilities, stats and other tactics. Games should be fun, not a chore with the excuse of playing it how others would rather play it. People who want to raise will call it cheating but some people just get board of that. There's no right or wrong way and if it is cheating it's fine as long as it doesn't put people at an unfair disadvantage.
>>
>>26527980
I don't cheat. Kinda sucks the entire fun out of the game. Can't wait for gen 8 on a new hardware so we can experience a hack free online once again.
>>
>>26529056
As long as you can admit it's cheating then again, I have no issue with it. It's the people that insist it's not.

Now I understand who the people who want to remove IV are though.
>>
>>26528910
Man, someone triggered your autism.

I'll cheat if I want to. But injecting isn't cheating.
>>
So is buying better items in clash of clans considered cheating?

A lot of people are saying that that would be cheating, because you bypass hard work to get that item.

I understand people are going to reply and say "THE DEVS MEANT THAT TO BE A THING!", but that isn't what I'm asking. Also, how do you people know for a fact that GF even cares about injecting? We only know they care about illegal mons.
>>
>>26529074
>implying people won't just find new ways to hack
top kek
>>
>>26529092
Yes it is.
You are using a program/device/script to change or modify the games data, then you are cheating.
>>
I've only ever injected shiny sudowoodo. Because fuck trying to breed a shiny adamant sudowoodo with decent stats.
>>
Cheaters are faggots not worth my time.

I caught them all with just a console and a game. Through hard work and shit. Much more rewarding.
>>
>>26529164
Maybe they will, but at least it will be fun for a few months before the game dies again like ORAS did after someone discovered the browser exploit

Honestly the best thing GF could do apart from axing IVs altogether would be putting the game on console, which is infinitely harder to hack than some puny ass handheld like 3DS. Hope the NX rumors turn out to be true.
>>
>>26529143
No, because it was put into the game. Much like a max character boost in warcraft. It's shitty. But it's not cheating.
If Nintendo made Megacandies dlc which auto boosts your pokemon to max stats iv/ev/nature/shiny then sure. It would be legit. Shitty, but legit.
Also "that isn't what I'm asking" Then what are you asking?
If we do the clash of clans thing, is buying a boost cheating? No it's not, but changing the code to give yourself the cash shop items is.

I don't care about people injecting. I just love arguing with people who insist it's not cheating.
>>
>>26529211
Apparently hacking your wiiu and easier and safer than the 3ds.
>>
>>26529177
That's not what cheating means.

I gain no unfair advantage.
>>
>>26529239
Yes, but it took them, what, almost 3 years to get anything going? Thats a lot. And consoles are only getting more and more difficult to hack.

Dedicated mobile gaming systems are going the way of dodo after this gen anyways, GameFreak will be forced to make a switch sooner or later.
>>
>>26529226
That reply was for the faggots going "it's cheating because you skip all the time and effort you have to put into the game!". That's why I said I wasn't asking about it.

If ourchasing items to skip time in a game isn't cheating, then injecting isn't cheating either.

Anyways, even if we're doing something that wasn't added in the game, it isn't cheating. It isn't giving us an unfair advantage.
>>
Injecting a pokemon with a legal moveset and ability isnt cheating
>>
>>26529246
Yes you do. Against anyone not injecting, or running with max stat pokemon.
You are cheating a product into the game (perfect pokemon) that you did not work for or earn. It's no different from spawning weapons and tanks in gta, because someone else can get them to.
Or cheating in full Mythic gear in wow because the mythic raiders have them.
>>
>>26529278
mobile gaming will always be around with smartphones, game company branded mobile gaming might not be. once the switch happens to smartphones good fucking luck, they've been raped down to the hardware
>>
>>26527980
The only time I would actually care if someone cheated was if they were participating in the VGCs.
>>
>>26529315
>you didnt earn that perfect iv shiny, unlike that random dude in his first playthrough
>>
>>26529246
You gain time advantage over someone who plays legally. More time dedicated to training and the ease of swapping teams = better results in tourneys etc. I'd say thats pretty huge and people are right to be mad about it.

If there were no actual advantages of cheating, no one would do it. But we know that's not the case.
>>
>>26529340
No you didn't and that's fine. If you want to cheat in a perfect IV shiny. Just stop trying to say it's not cheating.
>>26529246
see
>>26529315
>>
>>26529333
With Nintendo having a firm grip over GameFreak they'd sooner force them to put Pokemon on NX than smartphones. It is their biggest system seller after all.
>>
File: 1458424519211.jpg (57KB, 529x386px) Image search: [Google]
1458424519211.jpg
57KB, 529x386px
remove ivs
>>
>>26529381
Why did that random dude on his first playthrough deserve that perfect iv mon?
>>
File: 1461172321962.gif (3MB, 319x239px) Image search: [Google]
1461172321962.gif
3MB, 319x239px
>>26527980
I already do that in real life, so why not in a game too?
>>
You can't take Pokemon that can't exist normally in the game online, so who cares? At that point, it's just people feeling entitled because they spent more time on it.
>>
Cheating is alright. I own a power saves device and a hacked 3ds but I've only ever used them for items and injecting a perfect ditto so I can play bike simulator.
>>
>>26529418
If he found it, and caught it, lucky him.
Yes he deserved it. Does someone who wins a scratch card deserve it?
Luck is a bitch.
But luck isn't cheating.
>>
I use Power Saves since the first.
Then I use PkHEX since the first day too.
I don't break other people's games or use hackmons.

Just deal with it, to cheat right now is just to save us hours of pain getting a specific mon.
>>
>>26529453
Nobody really cares IF you cheat in pokemon.
We are mostly adults here, I know that life takes time and priority. But it's people that insist they are not cheating that is the main issue here.
I have injected pokemon, but I don't say they are legit.
>>26529462
I pretty much do the same.
I play the game, find pokemon I like. Cheat in a perfect one, and a ditto, Breed them with the one I played with, then play bike simulator.
>>
>>26529418
Thats just luck, it tends to even out in the end. Thats like complaining why did this guy gained 5 crits in a row against me and I didn't. It doesn't suddenly give you the right to fire up a Battle Analyzer and set the battle seed that'd allow you to land 5 crits in a row too.

That's the beauty of this game.
>>
>>26529480

>Does someone who wins a scratch card deserve it?

You're literally claiming that someone who plays by the rules and by legitimately wins a lottery numbers game by choosing the correct random numbers contest deserves to win LESS than someone who wins by manipulating the numbers by illicit means?

The extent to which people are stretching to legitimize something by its very nature is not legitimate is incredible.
>>
>>26529584
I was not defending injections there.
I was saying that people who get the lucky pokemon deserve it. I must have just typed it fucked up.
>>
File: mrburnsoncheating.png (274KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
mrburnsoncheating.png
274KB, 512x384px
>>
Question.
Does anybody care if people cheat?
If so which is worse, Cheating, or people sayings injections are not cheating?
>>
The problem is that this board is still full of retarded children that think that injected pokemons are an automatic win, and not merely a time saver.
>>
To me, it comes down to this: Does the cheat give someone an advantage in the gameplay?

If yes, it's wrong. You should be banned from playing competitively.
If no, I really don't care. You're only giving yourself a shortcut to the same stuff I can get legitimately.
>>
>>26529412
No.
>>
>>26529717
this.
>>
>>26529412
1. you're retarded
2. what about hidden power
>>
>>26529717
As long as you admit it's cheating I don't care
>>
>>26529699
I do.

The former, couldnt give less of a shit what retards keep telling themselves while they touch themselves at night.
>>
>>26529717
There is no such thing as cheating that doesn't give you any advantage.
>>
It's a _type_ of cheating, but I'm still fine with it. I don't personally do it, but wouldn't lose PokeAutism Points for someone if they told me they did it.
>>
>>26529834

Using third-party software as a time saver is still technically cheating. Anyone who says injecting isn't cheating is wrong, it's only fact.It just isn't hurting anything as long as everything injected is legitimate.
>>
>>26529164
Do you really think that consoles are easy to "hack"? Try hacking in Crysta in FF console games if you really think so. Consoles are locked down tight when it comes to that shit, especially in this day and age.
>>
If they removed IVs, made super training better, and maybe added a way to change natures, no one would need to cheat
>>
>>26529916
>It just isn't hurting anything as long as everything injected is legitimate.
It hurts those who don't cheat by giving cheaters a significant time/flexibility advantage, as I explained here >>26529363
>>
If it comes to legends it's ok. I breed for non legendary Pokemon. I have no way of cheating anyways because I have no access to hombrew.
>>
>>26529615
By what means do they deserve it? Do players also deserve crits and where do you draw the line where someone doesnt deserve them anymore?
>>
>giving a fuck about cheating in a series where virtually everything is determined by RNG luck

Come one now.
>>
>>26529981

Use Showdown to test, it's that simple. You'll find reliably better people there to test with anyway. Then, when you've settled on what your team will be, get it in the game.

I use Showdown for viability testing and to practice before tournaments, plus the random battles are fun.
>>
>>26530007
They deserve it under the assumption that luck tends to even out in the end, so someone who won a battle by lucky crit/RS flinch one day will lose to a lucky crit another day. And thats exactly what happens.
>>
>>26530011
At the end of the day, this still rings true. "working for it" doesn't really work in a non-skill based game.
>>
>a pure pokemon is exactly the same as one injected

Lol good game
>>
>>26530011
>being a retard
>>
>>26530053
i don't think you understand.... it's literally the same thing. in game terms they are identical. people aren't cheating weird pokemon that can't exist. or at least they aren't in this context. they are cheating legitimate pokemon that could exist. saving time and effort. you do not know what you are talking about.
>>
>>26530030
That sounds good in theory, though in my experience the level of competition on Showdown is noticably lower than on battle spot. Mostly due to people just testing out random ideas and not taking the matches seriously enough. You also don't get the chance to play against the Japanese players, who tend to be a cut above the rest of the world.
>>
>>26529412
This
>>
>>26527980
If you cheat in vgc you deserve to be banned because the winner gets a college scholarship which could actually help a poor kids family out

If you cheat and don't do vgc more power to you
>>
So long as you're not trying to pass it as something you got legitimately, who cares
>>
>>26530045
>They deserve it under the assumption that luck tends to even out in the end

But it doesnt
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy
>>
So many faggots so little time...
1. Why do anti-injection faggots think injection has this GIANT advantage? The only advantage is time not wasted, which is good, but it does nothing for the game play so why is there so much bitching?
2. Why do anti-injection faggots care whether injection faggots call it cheating or not? There's so much menstruating about this insignificant thing this board should be turned into the romantic novel book club board.
3. Cut the shit with the moral high ground, both of you you fucking holier than thou faggots.
>>
>>26527980
Depends on the definition of "cheating".

If by cheating you mean installing some sort of thing to manipulate the outcomes of events, then absolutely, it should be punished.

If by cheating you mean injecting pokemon with max IV's and the correct nature, well, that isn't anything you can't get in-game, so until Gamefreak makes getting a competitively viable pokemon less draconian and arcane, I fully support it.
>>
>>26530045
You act like you have the inside scoop on Lady Luck. Sorry buddy, not how that works.
>>
>>26530217
Like I said, it's just an assumption. We all know are people who've been playing Pokemon since gen 1-2 and never met a random shiny in their life. Most people are okay with some degree of luck involved in those games though, since it makes things more exciting for everyone. People who have a problem with strong RNG element of Pokemon have probably already moved to another game.
>>
>>26530152
>Implying anyone who actually cares about their studies spends hours a day breeding pokemon.
>>
>>26530252

>the game isn't exactly the way I want so I can do whatever I want and shouldn't be called out on it bawwww
>>
>tfw im uncomfortable using pokemon with a different OT from the guy in the game I'm using
>even feel weird about transferring pokemon from my previous games
>>
>>26530493

If you want to spend hundreds of hours making a competitive team just so you can feel more pure than everyone else, more power to you. I don't hack because I really don't give a shit one way or another about playing a video game competitively, but if I ever wanted to you had better believe I wouldn't be dumping that many hours into it.

Whenever it becomes easier to go outside the confines of a game to play it properly than to simply stay within the rules, you know you fucked up.
>>
>>26529514
But I'm literally not cheating. I'm just injecting.
>>
>>26530603
>Whenever it becomes easier to go outside the confines of a game to play it properly than to simply stay within the rules, you know you fucked up.
isnt it always easier to cheat
>>
>>26530604
>i'm not cheating, I'm just cheating
try harder
>>
If I was playing a game that wasn't fun to play legitimately I'd stop playing the fucking game.

I wouldn't cheat and then insist that it isn't cheating because I'm entitled to play the game in the way I find most convenient.
>>
As long as its in legal bounds then I don't really care. I mostly play legit but have had to ask for hackmons of certain things that are impossible to get good versions of without cheating like multiscale Lugia.
>>
Gotta bump this shit with new and relevant content

Verlisify is at it again, this time taking shots at one of the top VGC players, Wolfe.

Here's the very cogent response to Verlisify, which also gives context to this whole event. Scroll down to see his oh so through rebuttal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAJFxRIazeA
>>
>>26530744
Hah i'd rather just not do the part of the game that bores the living fuck out of me and proceed to enjoy all the other aspects of the game.
Wow people have so retarded opinions.

If you have a different opinion than the hivemind just shut the fuck up and drink your own tears young fagling.
>>
>>26530983
Hahhahahaha
>>
File: sda.jpg (222KB, 726x818px) Image search: [Google]
sda.jpg
222KB, 726x818px
>>26530983
Here's the comment from v, since I can't actually see it on the video page.
>>
File: Screenshot_7.png (8KB, 222x77px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.png
8KB, 222x77px
>>26531020
Based wolfe
>>
File: truf.jpg (92KB, 506x350px) Image search: [Google]
truf.jpg
92KB, 506x350px
>>26531078
Yeah, he's one of my favourite players, even if his non-sequitur humour falls flat most of the time. It just wouldn't be Wolfe if I didn't have to think twice about a joke.

Wolfe always looked good, and Verlisify always looked like shit, so the one person to come out of this looking worse than before is RisingTaide. I don't know why that fucker clings to Verlisify. Maybe it's an attempt to leech from his subs? Pic related or something like that
>>
>>26530983
Wolfey... why the fuck is he so perfect ?
>>
>>26531078
Best comment ever.
>>
File: Screenshot_8.png (115KB, 286x342px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_8.png
115KB, 286x342px
>>26531157
I enjoy the wonderfull circle jerk that comes out of this guy and taide. Dog semen must taste real nice.
>>
File: swampert.png (205KB, 455x457px) Image search: [Google]
swampert.png
205KB, 455x457px
Should we have a separate thread for this amazing individual?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkXkiaWCGWA
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (15KB, 580x105px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
15KB, 580x105px
>>26531281
This faggot literally blocks every single person that stands up to verlis, even If you never interacted with him.
Here's a tweet of him being a hypocritical little bitch.
>>
>>26531342
>>26531281
Pretty sure that's a grill. Isn't she in Taide's recent video? I don't care enough to check.

>>26531326
Thanks for sharing. That's fucking awful.
>>
>>26531383
the comments are pure Silver.
>>
>>26531326
Also, yes, we could use a new thread for this shit.

You do it though, I need to pick my ass or something.
>>
>>26531326
In the name of justis and fair play i think we should order all boards on 4chan to troll and fuck the out of his channel until he quits or moves on to a different franchise.
>>
>>26531406
Cannot do.
I've made 5 threads in a row now.
>>
>>26531442
Or at least Downvote the living shit out of him.
>>
>>26531442
>order all boards on 4chan

Is is summer already?
>>
>>26527980
I don't cheat but I don't care if others do. How they play makes no difference from me.
>>
Using hacks to bypass IV bullshit is fine and pretty mandatory for hidden power, fuck unironically breeding this shit like some turboautist. If you don't want people to do this either remove IV and make the type changeable with a consumable (like vitamins or XY juices) or make IV modifiable entirely. Using hacks to bypass mythical bullshit is fine either, this code event cancer must stop. Hacking shinies is pointless unless you're some kind of fag, use shininess as hack reminder or the color scheme is way better. Actual hacking like wondertomb, no guard fissure machamp or assorted crap hacks like water sport kyogre should be the grounds for kill yourself, literally why would you ever do this.
>>
>>26531468
I have no idea what happened to my grammar there, so before anyone else points it out, no i'm not a pug trying to operate a macbook.

.... dislikes though? Does that screw him over as hard as harassment and flagging?
>>
>>26531479
Yes it is, time to walk home to your redneck mom and stop playing pogeymanz at your slightly less unsuccessful cousins place.
>>
a good player will win regardless of how they got their pokemon

the only people that care are salty breeders that wasted their time with a coin wedge in their circle pad only to get their shit pushed in
>>
I cheat but guess what I tell everyone I bred and trained them myself and they aren't any the wiser and think I'm telling the truth AHAHAAHAHA stay cucked
>>
I don't understand this community's hypocrisy and ability to not understand right and wrong and how people of influence like Wolfey just make up stuff to get their fans behind them
>>
>>26531569
Its a fucking videogame you autist. People cheat in every single sport and game ever created. Deal with it or quit.
>>
>>26531602
:/ Very mature of you.
>>
>>26531616
That's not how you verlisify fag, you have call to him ignorant and block him (report his post in this case).
>>
>>26531616
Facts are facts.
>>
>>26531569
WOW I HAVE SO MUCH I WANT TO TELL YOU VERLIS I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE HERE.

First of all you're full of shit and your playstyle utilizing hax to the point where there us no sport left in the game really contradicts your arguments towards cheating and it's mindblowingly provoking. I'd face any full shiny 6x31iv team, compared to your shitty double-team parafuseflinch bullshit.
Thank you for leaving.
>>
>>26531569
>not using a trip

Yeah, he's stupid enough to do that.

>understand right and wrong

Did you not play BW? Did you miss the whole plot about moral ambiguity? There is no truth; your ideals are shit.
>>
>>26531616
Stop acting like you have feelings. You need to imagine yourself as a dog fucking sociopath who's pure purpose in this life is to make money from toxicity.
>>
>>26527980
If you bring hacked mons online youre a faggot.
>b-but it saves time anon!
"wow I don't want to put the time in to learn to play the game properly, so I'll just download this aimbot to do it for me instead of learning the mechanics!"
no excuse.
>>
File: holy shit.png (125KB, 455x457px) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.png
125KB, 455x457px
>>26531569
It's him! holy shit
>>
>>26531703
You forgot to type verlisifag in your namebar.

If this is bait it's pretty tasty btw.
>>
>>26531703
You can't tell the difference between a hacked mon and one generated in the game. As long as it passes Nintendos hack check it doesn't matter whatsoever. fuck morality, its a children's game
>>
File: 2a5.jpg (77KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
2a5.jpg
77KB, 400x551px
>>26531703
>tossing coin is playing the game properly
this bait again
>>
File: go fuck yourself.jpg (27KB, 300x192px) Image search: [Google]
go fuck yourself.jpg
27KB, 300x192px
>>26531726
>bypassing the intended mechanics is playing the game properly
>>
>having to cheat in a childrens game
how pathetic can you be? breeding takes like 20 minutes at the most.
>>
File: 1373652697557.png (58KB, 398x399px) Image search: [Google]
1373652697557.png
58KB, 398x399px
>>26531744
>intended mechanics
this just keeps getting better and better. Using hacks is simply another way to play the game, theres no "proper" way. quit being so bootyblasted over what other people are doing
>>
>>26531762
Yeah dude let me just go wallhack in a shooter, hacks are just another way to play the game!
How deluded are you?
>>
File: 1448606061300.png (279KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
1448606061300.png
279KB, 500x362px
>tfw battling and having fun while idiots run around on a bicycle
>>
>>26529651

>the jumble to the quick witted
>jumble

I can't tell if this is supposed to be ironic or not because I haven't seen this particular episode.

Anyway, the only thing /vp/ injects is fucking crocodil.
>>
Verlis is a fucking crybaby that can't handle other people being legitimately better than he is, so he accuses everyone of being a cheater to feel better about himself.
>>
>>26531784
Wallhacking in an FPS is not even remotely close to the same type of scenario. Using IV hacking would be akin to unlocking a gun achieved at lvl 70 upon purchasing the game. Nice strawman.
>>
>>26531744
I fucking love turning my 3ds on and off about 28.000 times to get a 6x31IV legendary too! I'm glad to be in the same club as someone else...
my record is 6iv shiny Deoxys from oras in just 800.000 sr's!!!! It took me about two years
>but it was totally worth it.

Deoxys is still in the meta right?
>>
>>26531784
What's the difference between a Mystery Gift pokemon, and one that you've artificially injected?

It's really fucking simple. You press less buttons for one

The only thing is, you imbue catching and hatching with a special value. You're a puritan who doesn't even grasp that others don't share your values.
>>
>>26531785
>there are people who cuck themselves
>>
If I inject a Pokémon and Gamefreak's hack check says it's ok, clearly it's not cheating or I'd be banned for fucking cheating.
>>
>>26531841
amen preach it brother
>>
>>26531841
>if I cheat and VAC doesn't detect it clearly im not cheating
retard
>>
>>26531723

>its a children's game

What fascinates me is the idea that people are passionately, aggressively arguing in favor of their right to cheat at a children's game, using the argument "it's a children's game" to justify it.

If anything that's only an argument as to why you shouldn't be even be interested in Pokémon to begin with.
>>
>>26531863
What fascinates me is the fact that grown adults legitimately give a shit about how other adults and children play a video game. What are you going to do about others cheating? Send the hack check police after them? Let others do what they want and enjoy your bike simulator
>>
Well gentlemen, this is it.

/vp/ is permafucked.

The threads actually discussing the game are even more of a shitshow than the thinly veiled furry threads.
>>
>>26531861
It's not cheating if you don't get caught. Why do you think nintendo never bans anyone for it?
>>
This is great.

If I inject my pokemon and win, faggots will claim I cheated and it wasn't a fair match so they won by default.
If I inject my pokemon and lose, faggots will claim that their "superior" bred pokemon are better and call me a loser for "cheating."

Either way their autistic "moral" standards are laughable when the top World's players injected their pokemon for 2015.
>>
>>26531898
OP here, this was all bait, I was bored.
>>
File: tdpm.jpg (30KB, 226x219px) Image search: [Google]
tdpm.jpg
30KB, 226x219px
>>26528019
>We're in a setting where keeping a living dex
What? Who called this cheating? Why?

What?
>>
>>26531886

You're hostile as fuck considering I wasn't even making an anti-injection argument.

Once upon a time injecting was no different than piracy of the games, if someone had a thread about it, the people who didn't like it either stayed the fuck away cause it didn't interest them, or if someone came in to whine about it, they'd be like "well we're gonna do what we want so fuck off to elsewhere" and everything was fine.

Then a handful of injectors decided to be insecure shitheads with some sort of insane grudge or superiority complex directed at people who don't inject, and pissed off the non-injectors to the point of them saying "fuck you don't cheat at the game and then go out of your way to call US inferior players".

Then it just turned into an endless cycle of loudmouth injectors trying to prove that they aren't cheating, to the point where people not even making anti-injecting arguments, but simply saying "do what you want, just stop being an asshole" is responded to with snarky comments belittling people for "playing bike simulator".

As someone who was once a kid who used the missingno trick to level up my Pokemon with infinite rare candies and battle my friends, I won't begrudge someone the right to do something far less questionable, but the notion that injecting isn't a form of cheating is so pretentious and self aggrandizing that I'm not going to call it out when I fucking see it.
>>
>>26532002

There were a whole ton of threads about it just a couple of weeks ago. Be glad you missed them.
>>
>>26532033
Here's your (You), congratulations. Take your pretentious 5 paragraph explanation, shove it, and hold this fucking L. Because not one person in this entire thread changed their opinion one bit because of anything youve said, least of all me.
>>
I never understood what Furry Vengeance's deal was with hacking. I mean, I'm a breederfag, but that doesn't mean I'm against hackers - I'm still going to win, because I've usually got better strats than the people I'm up against. Blaming haxx is an easy scapegoat to excuse being mediocre at the game.
>>
File: 1231231231234455467676.jpg (21KB, 538x302px) Image search: [Google]
1231231231234455467676.jpg
21KB, 538x302px
>>26532135
> Furry Vengeance

that sounds much more uncomfortable than it should
>>
File: honk.gif (128KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
honk.gif
128KB, 209x193px
Breeding is complete autism. When hacking produces the same result, is much, much, much, much, MUCH faster, and is completely undetectable if done right, there's absolute NO reason to breed unless you're autistic.

I don't care if it's playing the game "right" or whatever bullshit, the fact that you have a much easier and 0 RNG involved method to produce the same results means you have legit autism if you chose to play Bike Simulator.

tl:dr Cheating is cheating, but playing legit is fucking stupid and autistic.
>>
>>26532320
breeders cant accomplish anything in life so they measure their worth off hours gambling in a children's game
>>
>breed pokemon I like
>inject all others
>>
>>26532320
I just find it relaxing.
>>
I know people who spend hours, days, even weeks trying to get the pokemon they want. Not just from breeding, trying to get the perfect legendaries too praying to RNG for 6 31 IVs AND the right nature AND sometimes the right ability. As chances go, this could potentially never happen in your lifetime, especially if you want them shiny as well. Why waste all this time for an eventuality that should happen?

I tried the 'legit' way in BW using the RNG method where you manipulate the DS's time, etc. It took hours, to setup and get working but eventually I got my perfect IV pokemon. At the same time I could have just injected it in minutes.

At the end of the day, whether legit or through cheating, the same result is achieved. You know you can do the legit method, it's not exactly hard, it just takes ridiculous amounts of time and there's no skill involved, it's basically just waiting. No one should feel like they've accomplished something when they legitamately breed a perfect pokemon because it's literally just waiting on luck, there's no user input other than to attempt to reduce the time it takes. And I don't want to wait, I want to play the main part of the game: battling, particular with other players.
>>
I can't wait for tpci to make pokemon online-only. All your mons stored on the cloud, not to mention running all calculations (including combat and breeding) there as well instead of on the cart.
>>
I 'cheat' to access timed distribution stuff in older games, like the Eon Ticket or access to Navel Rock, or event-exclusives for Generations long passed.

I mean, I still don't understand why Nintendo doesn't make official little posts at the Pokemon for those distribution prizes. Like, you just pay 500 yen or whatever to get a Mystery Gift or whatever broadcasted to your cartridges.
>>
Injecting a pokemon is like getting an autistic bike simulator faget to breed your perfect pokemon and trade it to you.
>>
>>26533924
>autistic bike simulator faget
Nice meme you stupid cheating nigger
>>
>>26534108
I love being a cheating nigger. Means I have more time to posts memes.
>>
File: 1460915061558.png (461KB, 986x736px) Image search: [Google]
1460915061558.png
461KB, 986x736px
>>26528514
This is how I feel.

Even with all the control they give us, there is still WAY too much RNG in breeding.

If my newly hatched Nidoran M can come out with ANY of his possible abilities and a small number or possible IV combos even though his parents have Destiny Knot and a Hidden Ability then that is still too little of control IMO

And lord help you if you are going for a certain hidden power on top of that (not for Nidoran necessarily but a similar situation) or you are doing it for a shiny or legendary.

I still breed them myself, but I go straight to save editing to iron out anything that didn't go right
>>
As long as you aren't doing anything impossible by normal means like Wondertomb or 500 ATK Sunkern, I don't really care. I breed anyways.
>>
>>26534284
I was unaware that musclegirl Hex-maniac was a thing I needed in my life. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: SunMoonTrainer.png (72KB, 252x264px) Image search: [Google]
SunMoonTrainer.png
72KB, 252x264px
>Be Inject Fag
>Also be a breeding fag

:^)
>>
>>26534284
>I still breed them myself, but I go straight to save editing to iron out anything that didn't go right
This is okay with me for some things that are autistically specific like 0 Attack/speed IVs or hidden powers, or genders on 'mons where its not actually relevant like Meowstic. Alice bred four Male shinies before she got the female HA Meowstic.

And if youre breeding HA mother and get a shiny with a shit ability, you deserve to get that fixed. Ability Capsule handles if you wanted a normal ability but got the wrong one easily enough.
>>
>>26534417
I wanted to share the love. Welcome to the club

>>26534744
The good life

>>26534857
Yeah especially 0 IV shit
>>
I mostly use hacks to clone my events and a few of my shinies to give out to players on the PPS for free.
It can be such a pain to get rare events so I like spreading a bit of love whenever possible.
>>
If you had the ability to resurrect age old events, redistribute them, and then bring them back into play; would you?

Because I do. For me injection is about leveling the playing field for everyone. Especially for people in countries that their big event of the year was an Electabuzz with its hidden ability.

>but region exclusives are supposed to be rare, and cloning them devalues them

If each region had different events of equal value I'd be more inclined to agree with you. However, it cannot be ignored that Game Freak's partiality for Japan probably isn't going to change any time soon; and until it does I'll be here giving out events both new and old.
>>
File: Killme3.png (133KB, 639x324px) Image search: [Google]
Killme3.png
133KB, 639x324px
>>26528130
>>
There's nothing wrong with cheating. If you enjoy the experience more when you cheat, then by all means. I also have no problem with competitive players doing it, as long as the cheated in pokemon are legally obtainable. Don't see why you should waste hours with training and breeding when you can do it in 30 minutes.
>>
>>26535327
>ExtremeSpeed Zigzagoon still isnt a regular fucking thing despite Zygarde and fucking Togekiss getting it for no reason
>>
Don't care about any of this cheating/anti cheating shit. I just know that Versilfy has always come across as a huge douche.

Also never heard of the Wolfe guy but hes adorable.
>>
>>26527980
>Vers's guest: im more into philosophical videos, I enjoy watching sargon of akkad...

This whole video was so painful to watch. Who the fuck cares of someone hacked their mons in? I'm not a diaperfur who can spend all day breeding with his face stuffed in his DS
>>
>>26532045
I remember seeing one living dex thread, but it didn't last long and was just people shooting the shit.

I can't believe people were that dumb. I wonder if any of the new archives caught it?
>>
>>26531569
The irony.
>>
File: faggot.png (20KB, 638x144px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
20KB, 638x144px
why is Verlisify such a dumb and stubborn idiot?
>>
>>26527980
If there was an other way to obtain relatively quickly a legendary with the IV and nature you want or if there weren't some event only move or move a pokemon can only learn if you transfer it all the way from gen III, I would be against,but in pokemon injecting is the only way for people to be equal.
>>
>>26528865
What fallacy? He was implying shit that was never said.
>>
There's no way to detect hacks and there never will be, honestly why bother complaining about it
>>
>>26528018
Literally will never happen. Sun and Moon will come out on the 3DS as well as the new3DS. If you haven't updated the 3DS, you can still grab full access of everything on the cart.

I give it a month or two before S&M injections flood this board
>>
>>26527980
I think you everyone should spend days trying to get a perfect 31/0/31/30/31/30 Hidden Power fire with the hidden ability in a male imbalanced species. It's just easy.

If you inject it, it would take about as much time as it took to write this sentence, and that's wrong. GameFreak built into tedious bullshit and dice rolls for a reason. Without wasting your time holding left on an island with quicksand until you get your pokemon, what sort of game would pokemon be? I mean, Pokemon Showdown does it better, simpler, faster, and more accessible.

Farming eggs is all Pokemon has left.
>>
>>26536731
Watch them remove the IVs instead and for all of those stupid threads to disappear once and for all.
>>
>>26536792
I don't know how to spell this out clearly for you.

Sun and Moon are playable on the 3DS
Nintendo has two options:

1) Day 1 forced update. They lock out the game unless you update your hardware.

2) They don't do shit.

If 1), then you have thousands of children that don't know how to connect to the wifi blocked from playing pokemon. You have parents that bought a 3DS specifically because they trust Nintendo have to navigate and tickytack the wifi password in on an outdated touchscreen while their 6 year old cries about wanting a litten.

If 1), then everyone just waits for the homebrew update that bypasses the lockout anyway, then hacks the shit out of it. Injections are delayed a week or so at most.

If 2), then it would be like every single other game released ever on the 3DS.

By allowing the game to play on the 3DS, Gamefreak has ensured that injections will be until gen 8 or the horrible Sinnoh remakes that they manage to fuck up worse than ORAS
>>
>>26536773
You're shitposting but this is actually more or less true. People who are breeding, trading, shiny hunting, completing their living dexes etc. are actually what keeps the game alive in between the bi-yearly releases. There is a reason this board became a ghost town a month or two after injecting flooded the catalog.
>>
>>26536817
Nice reading comprehension retard.
>>
>>26536821
Yeah, there is absolutely nothing to do in ORAS. I really hope Gamefreak takes a hard look at other game companies and spits out free DLC for extra adventures, battle missions, co-op and multi adventures, etc

Injections really show just how hollow ORAS really is. All you have left is biking on a fucking square island with the same pixels repeated everywhere.
>>
>>26536832
I read it, you didn't understand. The threads will not disappear. People will still beg for a mew or a hoopa or whatever artificial scarcity mon Gamefreak cooks up. They could change the entire organization of the game and how data is stored. It won't stop injections and it won't stop threads with people begging for perfect competitive mons (whatever form they may be)
>>
>>26536845
There would be no such thing as "perfect" competitive Pokemon anymore after you take IVs out of equation. All Pokemon would be perfect by definition.

Injection will probably still happen for those bunch of poor fuck autists who sperg out at the thought of talking with a GameStop employee, but competitively speaking, injection will reach the same status shit like walk through walls cheats have right now - literally nobody cares.
>>
All competitive players cheat as they should because there's nothing fun about making competitive pokemon. Its just mindless and tedious. Only when stuff like IV customization and nature changes are made available in game, will it be reasonable to ask for people to get competitive pokemon legitimately.
>>
File: 1449087733089.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1449087733089.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>26528059
>>
I remember when I used to cheat by exploiting the GTS to download any Pokémon with any stats or moves I wanted back in Gen IV. EV training was a nightmare and IV training was completely unheard of for me at the time but I was so fucking glad there was a way to have competitive battle-ready Pokémon.

However, it was a Catch 22. Whoever was responsible for the site that used the GTS exploit also didn't let you edit the Pokéballs; they were actually randomized to specific Pokémon. Like for example, a fucking Gyarados was always a Great Ball, an Electivire was always Ultra Ball, etc. I thought it was retarded but I ignored it until one day I started noticing people I'd battle online also conviniently had the same Pokéballs for the same Pokémon. I knew deep down others had used it as well but just knowing that made me feel really uncomfortable. Especially when I asked a guy if his team was legit and he said it was... But it was obvious it wasn't.

Yeah I had like 6 boxes full of battle- ready Pokémon, but I felt like a noob for taking the easy way out. Now in Gen VI it's so pathetically easy to EV train with hordes and just 5 IV mons NOT EVEN 6 IVs just what is fucking required, so I'd rather do that and feel proud about the work I put in. I don't give a fuck about people who inject, I don't consider it cheating and I don't feel superior to them, I just personally want to do it my way.
>>
>>26528143
Sure u did
>>
>>26536968

mah nigga
>>
>>26527980
I'm in college, have a full time job, and have bills to pay. I'm not going to spend more than 2 hours of my day trying to get a perfect mon.

>inb4 "le wagecuck "

It's called not being a lifeless neet.
>>
>>26528249
But it's actually requiring you to go out of your way and cheat in order to become a "Not-Pokemon Fan", so it wouldn't really by NTSF
>>
>>26530030
Your forgetting that showdown is a bad emulator, and that not all of its mechanics ate the same as in the actual game.
>>
>>26531636
What the fuck are you trying to say there? I couldn't understand through all your cheating autism
>>
>>26531723
>it's a children's game, so I cheated at it
You're making it worse by saying you had to cheat at a children's game
>>
>>26536968
This
Battling shouldn't be ask and only about winning the game: it should also be about getting your team up to where you want it to be
>>
>>26539681
Nobody is going to care as long as you see what it is your doing, and while I agree with you that not having much time is a good reason to hack, it should still be labeled hacking and/or cheating to get what you want
>>
>>26540044
What does showdown get wrong again?
>>
>>26528177
Not wasting time breeding is a dishonest advantage you have the other players, therefore you are cheating.

Also, its up to tpc to decide what is or not "dishonest" and they consider injecting dishonest.
>>
>>26530247
>GIANT
No one said, it is some injectorfags that are saying that there is ZERO advantage, and therefore it is not cheating.

Also, most people here doesn't care if you inject or not, but there are injectors that like to brag about their injections and try to act as if they were any better than people that play the game legitimately.

Another thing, most people consider bad sportsmanship to bring injected pokemon into real competitions, but it's not like anyone will go apeshit over a kids game.
>>
>>26531797
But anon! They also have access to wallhacks, so it is fair.

Unnlocking a lvl 70 gun upon purchasing the game is also another way of playing it!
>>
>>26528838
everyone ITT is autistic also if a pokemon is added to the game from a sauce that isn't from gameplay then that pokemon is hacked regardless of legal moveset and stats etc.

Those who defend themselves saying I don't want to waste hours doing "x" so I inject feel free to go and apply the same logic to other online compatable games and see how long until you get caught out for cheating.

Personally I don't give a shit Breeders and Inject fags as just as bad as each other and a /vp/s version of superman vs batman fags.
>>
I used to breed my Pokémon to kill time, while in the bus. Or when I can't sleep. I don't inject neither use PowerSaves, not even one of those 6IV Jap Ditto. The fathers that I use to spread their IVs are a 6IV Male Nidoran (Monster/Field) and a Gyarados (Water1/Dragon).

Regardless... Do whatever you want, just stop the shitfling, is annoying and actually discourages even playing for the sake of playing.

If you breed, fine, if you inject, fine, just don't go and throw a tantrum/make fun of others because they do the things in a different way. It's annoying and sad. The people discussing here trying shit at each other, do you even like the game?

You can find breeding relaxing or rewarding, whatever floats your boat. People who takes the shortcut must like to battle and practice, right? Do you actually play the game or are just arguing for the sake of arguing?

Personally I don't like injecting or the likes, but I'm not going to throw an autistic fit to someone who does, what's even the point?
Thread posts: 290
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.