[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/O General: Rainbow Force Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 48

File: RAINBOW FORCE.jpg (62KB, 400x557px) Image search: [Google]
RAINBOW FORCE.jpg
62KB, 400x557px
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

You can also check this FAQ:
http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

>Your Old Cards
No one wants them

OLD: >>26489816

ToTT: What sets would you want to rotate out of Standard this year?
>>
>>26525511
I'd be willing to take one for the team and make a non-fairy deck as long as XY and Phantom Forces rotates out.
>>
>>26525511
I'm new to Night March and I just made my first Night March deck. Few questions:

Should I always go first when I get the chance to?

I notice that I often have trouble finding my Double Energies. I also notice that I often have to discard so many Pokemon for the right amount of damage, that I don't have any Pokemon left to attack with anymore. Ideas on how to manage this better?

and

How to counter Trevenant sets?
>>
>>26526157
you always want to go first to avoid item lock (trev / vileplume)

if you're having a hard time finding your energies try including more draw power in your decks. (it's usually a problem getting set up quickly if you don't run shaymin)

get set up quickly and knock the trev out before the item lock affects you
>>
is it better to buy packs or buy theme decks to start building a collection?
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 303x303px
Was a new thread necessary this early?
>>
File: 1424542316872.gif (278KB, 616x398px) Image search: [Google]
1424542316872.gif
278KB, 616x398px
>>26525511
I thought that was a mushroom cloud behind Xerneas
>>
>>26525238
>in no situation has the 10+ damage mattered and it's been a huge liability thanks to its retreat cost in like half the games I've played against it
Zygarde and Lucario's damage cap at 100. Carbink's caps at like 60.
Even with Strong Energies and Muscle Band, it gets difficult to actually hit 180, especially in a format where so many Pokemon resist Fighting like Pumpkaboo, Trevenant, Yveltal, etc. It's why Lucario used to be played with Bats.

Regirock lets you get around that. Korrina now virtually gives you +10 damage and an item, for example. Hoopa turns into an instant +30 damage. Regirock is a flexible source of damage.

Much like with Shaymin, Jirachi, Octillery, etc, its retreat cost is irrelevant because a competent player takes a forced Lysandre as a turn win and has enough options to deal with it.
>>
>>26526775
You're not wrong, but its cost makes Power Memory difficult to use effectively, much less 3-6 times per game. Imagine having to dump three energies just to knock out one Trevenant or Greninja Break, or an Yveltal with a FFB on it. Then they just switch in another and you're left without a setup.

I actually don't even run Power Memory in my deck anymore because of how tight space is and because of how rarely I used it. It's cute for finishing off something, but I'd much rather slap a FFB onto Zygarde to bring it to 230 HP.
>>
>>26526266
alright, thanks

but let's say my opponent doesn't run EX pokemon, and it's revenge kill after revenge kill. eventually I won't have any energies left.
>>
File: kill yourself.png (90KB, 502x95px) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself.png
90KB, 502x95px
>clumping isn't real
>>
>>26527306
Nothing is wrong with this game, you helmet wearing fuckwit.
>>
File: 1441240620478.png (189KB, 430x478px) Image search: [Google]
1441240620478.png
189KB, 430x478px
>hating on Night March.

GIT GUD scrubs.

Who /nm/ bro here?
>>
>>26527946
Most of the time I play it or against it the deck draws into a dead hand thanks to bad shuffling.
>>
>>26527946
running a budget af night march. got the mews and the night march, but only one battle compressor and no shaymin. it's worked pretty perfectly a couple times, but most of the time all i start with is a joltik and i don't have the draw to get anywhere.
>>
Would Octillery work in NM? I'm thinking of building a NM deck. I have most of the cards except for Shaymin.
>>
>>26525238

i run it with medicham and it also splashes in well with lando-ex
>>
anyone have any extra rebirth ho-oh-ex, i really want to test out this xerneas deck
>>
>HEY GUYS DONATE TO MY CHANNEL FOR MORE PACK OPENINGS, OH THE CODES THEY ARE FOR ME.

Who are these people trying to fool?
>>
>>26529485
Just buy the Shaymins you cuck.
>>
I love the prominence of Shaymin-EX. I can't even begin to count how many times I've won games by Lysandering them from the bench.
>>
>>26531237
i once faced a deck that specifically targeted shaymin-ex to win

it was Starmie PRC with Jolteon AOR and target whistle

if you have them both out with dimensional valley it one shots shaymin-ex for zero energy
>>
>>26531237
If you think that's fun, play during the format before Pokemon Catcher got errata'd and Jirachi EX was popular.
>>
Bought a BreakTHROUGH booster box. what are some good TCG item/trainer cards I should be looking out for?
>>
>>26529485
No, they would not work.
>>
>>26531237
Muh nigga

Shaymin are so delicious, my pokemon just eat them up. They cant help themselves.
>>
>>26531436
Zoroark
Zoroark Break
Gallade
Octillery

Every other card is a reprint or awful.
>>
>>26527946
Thanks for padding my Trevenant deck's win rate.
>>
>>26531454
>>26531454

so no good item/trainer/stadium cards I should be watching for?
>>
>>26531512
No
But that shouldn't be a problem, since you only bought a box of BT for the fun of opening packs, right?
I mean, you didn't seriously think buying product, much less BT of all packs, would have actually netted you usable cards
Right?
>>
>>26531537
Skyla and Float Stone sure are terrible cards. :^)
>>
>>26531599
They really are.
>>
>>26531599
http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-4x-Skyla-148-162-XY-Breakthrough-Uncommon-MINT-NM-/121805760243?hash=item1c5c3066f3:g:FSUAAOSwI-BWONZo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-Float-Stone-137-162-XY-BreakThrough-NEAR-MINT-Trainer-Pokemon-Cards-/262102058206?hash=item3d068004de:g:-SsAAOSwo6lWLn-z

There you go. 4x Skyla for $2 and 4x Float Stone for $3.

Now let's see how many you pull out of your $100 box.
>>
>>26531640
The argument was over usability, not price.
>>
>>26531669
The point is that he shouldn't be "watching for" anything because the only "viable" trainers in the set are $0.50 uncommons that are by no means staples.
He's going to be disappointed either way, regardless of whether he was after usability OR price.
But it's fine since he only bought the box for the joy of opening packs.
>>
File: image.gif (440KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
440KB, 186x186px
>buy Booster Box
>want to open it in my living room
>my Chad roommate and his gf invite a bunch of girls over to watch The Bachelorette
>>
>>26527248
wait no, ignore that anon please. Item lock is the only time you want to go first. NM is one of the few decks where it's advantageous to go second as much as possible. IRL this is hard to judge, online, you can easily tell by the types that come up beforehand.

Why the hell would you go first and not attack when you can swing for the OHKO asap?
>>
>>26531716
in a thread of spergy comments this is by far the spergiest. Get laid bro.
>>
so the 24 ticket tourneys are 99% night march
>>
>>26532900
Night march shitters you say?

My body is ready for the easy money.
>>
>tfw anon apologizes for tripping over girl and blogging
>tfw anon might have drunk himself to death or cut himself up with all those boosters
>tfw no codes

Why even memorial?
>>
>>26532900

Because tournaments function on a "First come, first served" basis due to laziness on the developer's part rather than pairing them up by ELO like they do in IRL tournaments.

And I've seen other decks in 'em, Trevenant BREAK decks and Vespiquen/Vileplume are ones that are also run.
>>
>>26533135
He suffocated under a pile of booster wrappers.
>>
File: 1461174328037.jpg (59KB, 555x473px)
1461174328037.jpg
59KB, 555x473px
tfw moving energy with Aromatisse to trick my opponent into thinking I have a max potion and they surrender.
>>
>>26533282
I knew he'd do something so suicidal.
>>
bundle day when
>>
i'm so tired of getting fucking banette and articuno out of roaring skies. stupid fucking locked packs.
>>
any way to play tcgo on android phones and not just tablets?
>>
>>26533774
>tfw I keep getting Dustox

I pulled a FA Shaymin-EX once, but it wasn't in a locked pack and traded it away for everything I needed in my deck.

I think I have regrets.
>>
>>26533817
Probably because you could've gotten the individual cards in your deck for much, much cheaper.
>>
I'm new to the TCGO and was wondering if I could trade for a Sceptile deck/any decent deck using roughly 23 Break Point and 48 Forces Collide packs.
>>
>>26533857
I traded for a few expensive ones.

FA Gardevoirs, both regular-EX and Mega. Jolteon-EX. FA qt3.14s supporters etc.

But pulling another one is proving to be a drag, and trading for one even more so.
>>
>>26533901
Forgot to add, it was multiples on the FAs. So yeah.

But eh. It's still a bitch to pull Shaymin-ex.
>>
>>26533901
>>26533914

Well the Gardevoirs and its Megas are worthless due to their low competitive viability. The Jolteon EX is of course worth a lot but not as much as the Shaymin EX FA and definitely not as vital to a deck's success. And the FA supporters are just a waste.

So yeah, you 100% fucked up.
>>
>>26533969
Yeah, I'd figure.

At least I got 2 regular RS Shaymin-EX out of it IRL when I pulled a FA at locals this weekend
>>
>>26534006
Two regulars for one full art is a really great trade, saved you about $20 or so.
>>
>>26533817
desu senpai while Shaymin EX is a good card I think it's way overvalued. It is the strongest Lysandre bait in the entire game. Infact Lysandre should just be straight up renamed to "Pull Shaymin to the active spot and win the game" and vs Seeker certainly doesn't help either.

Also I think the regular art looks better.
>>
File: dude thanks.jpg (333KB, 1271x827px) Image search: [Google]
dude thanks.jpg
333KB, 1271x827px
dude
nice
>>
>>26536111
>Not censoring your username.

Oh dear, this will not end well...
>>
>>26533817
Shaymin-EX is really all I need. Playing extended right now, need to get four Mew instead of my 1 Mew-EX but I can't build a decent enough standard deck to get packs to trade for the cards I need. It's a vicious cycle.
>>
>>26536174

you really are some kind of scared retard
>>
is there any feeling better then finally having a playset of shaymin
>>
>>26536300
Should have around $75 in my PayPal tomorrow and I'm probably gonna by ~50 RS codes. Should I open them and hope for the best or pay the ridiculous amount of packs for guaranteed Shaymin-ex? Some will probably be traded to get a playset of mew.
>>
>>26536305
Open them pussy
>>
File: 1028312.jpg (79KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
1028312.jpg
79KB, 750x709px
>bronzong break STILL broken online

FUCKING FIX IT ALREADY
>>
>>26525511
>Rainbow Force
I'm still trying for shedinja. No matter how many Roaring Skies I open there's no Shaymin or Shedinja though. Maybe I should stop and do this instead.
>>
>>26536528
RS Shedinja? How many do you need? Post name.
>>
>>26536174
I posted it like 5 times before never had any issues
>>
Newbie here. I used to play as a kid and the two Game Boy games are pretty fun.
Is there another way to play the game online, aside from Pokemon TCG Online? There's always netplay for the two Game Boy games, but the card selection is so limited. Is there something like YGOPRO?
I remember finding something in-browser but I can't seem to find it again.
>>
>>26537302
TCGOne. But it's manual, more like an extremely shitty Dueling Network.

Only Yugioh has been graced with a fully automated free client.
>>
File: image.jpg (964KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
964KB, 1536x2048px
Muh JP pulls.
>>
>>26537391
Oh, that's too bad.
But are you sure? I went to the website and it says "automated game mechanics". Does it just mean that there are shortcuts for setting prizes and stuff like that?
>>
>only 625 points into this ladder
>already tired of all the decks I have
>>
>>26533135

sorry dude, my bad. got way too shitfaced last night. i will send them tonight.
>>
File: daily.png (745KB, 936x596px) Image search: [Google]
daily.png
745KB, 936x596px
I've been using this deck since it is the one one I have that can do a psychic daily, and I need some help updating it.
It was never that good of a deck, but it's all I have for this.
Any suggestions?
>>
File: image.jpg (338KB, 1110x684px)
image.jpg
338KB, 1110x684px
Would using Yveltal/Zoroark/Crobat together be retarded?
>>
>>26538987
Quite.
>>
>>26538987
Yveltal/Zoroark is good, IDK about Crobat.
I haven't done too much work with dark decks lately.
>>
>>26538937
more scoop ups. Maybe some devo spray. It's a pretty poor starting point though. At least one Skyla since it's a pretty item heavy deck. Dump Shauna for another N or Sycamore.
>>
>>26538262
I thought you died under the weight of blisters or something.
>>
>>26539387

nope haha. as long as your email was in the last thread I will send you some codes
>>
>>26539239
>>26539239

I might just go with Yveltal/Zoro for now. what kinda lines should I be going with Zoro? 3-3?
>>
>>26539459
3-3-1 or 4-4-2 both should work fine.
>>
>>26538937
-1 Crobat
-1 Mega Turbo
-1 AZ
-1 Shauna
-3 Psychic Energy

+2 Sycamore
+2 Trainers' Mail
+3 Scoop Up

This is also one of the few decks where Repeat Ball can work better than Level.
>>
>>26526157
It depends. As long as you run say, 4 Trainers' Mail, 4 Battle Compressor, 2-3 Shaymin, 4 Ultra Ball, 4 Sycamore, you're basically guaranteed to get everything for minimum of 160-180 damage. Acro Bike is a good option

If you're going against turn 1 Item lock (Trev/Vileplume):
Go first, discard anything and everything as quickly as possible. The good thing about most vileplume decks is that they either run Vespiquen, or the rare giratina. Some run Zoroark which can pose a threat but it's just knowing your deck well.

If you're facing Toad:
Go second. Always. You can easily get a knock out if you go second. Getting Judged turn one can be difficult but you're almost guaranteed to get the item you need to go rampant. But if you're really afraid of toad, just run a maxie's marowak or run 2-2 cubone/marowak line.

Any other battle:
go second. Going second allows you to see what their master plan is and you get to attack with night march turn one which can usually just be a knock out. Now that you have Mew, you don't just have to run DCE. I run 3 Mew, 3 Psychic Energy, and 4 DCE with 4 Dimension Valley. The first 2 battle compressors you get will determine your game state. You get rid of all your lampent, and if you run mew, get rid of pumpkaboos. Keep all your Joltik until you absolutely have to discard them for damage, otherwise mew can only use say, sky return. the third and fourth Battle Compressor are for discarding anything that can't help you win, like more sycamores, your other battle compressor, and other tech supporters.
>>
I'm running Pure Alakazam, but I'm trying to find a way around my auto losses like Sceptile. Someone said run a Charizard but it only does 120 at max so I need something around it.
>>
>>26539634
What's wrong with the Sceptile matchup? Can't get 220 damage on board, and they're outhealing you? Or am I missing something?
>>
>>26539651
The trait ignores the damage placement because it ignores abilities. And there is almost no way to outspeed the evolution process since no archeops in standard.
>>
>>26539651
Theta stop , and it heals the damage in bench with jagged saber>>26539651
>>
>>26539634
Some decks have autolose matchups, there's not much you can do about it.
>>
>>26539674
It's still a little frustrating, but if night march doesn't actually get reprinted Sceptile is going to be the only perfect match up to Alakazam.
>>
>>26539661
You can always run Target Whistle and an extra Lysandre to just ignore the Sceptiles completely. Additionally, run Startling Megaphone and/or Xerosic to slow down Sceptile.

Alternatively, there are many lower-tier tech options that work as alternate attackers.
RS Deoxys can swing for 110 off one energy and a Muscle Band on top of being a good opener, for example.
Or you can run Espeon EX and Megaphone/Xerosic as a counter to Mega decks.
>>
>>26539781
I was running Espeon. May add it back into there. And all my decks carry one of each of your options.
>>
new player here, pulled a noivern break and diancie ex from some packs, are they useful in any decks?
>>
>>26539938
not competitively no. There are some meme decks based around Noivern and it's echolocation ability, and other decks with 3 Diancie / hard charms / potions / healing are fine for using in the client - but neither are ever gonna be close to being tiered.
>>
File: crashbandicoot.gif (252KB, 112x119px) Image search: [Google]
crashbandicoot.gif
252KB, 112x119px
>mfw I found a full art N for 10$ today
>>
>>26540580
Where?
>>
>>26540784
eBay, I have a bookmark for most recent products in the Pokemon TCG field. Since I live in a rather small country, there aren't a lot of new listings everyday, so I can catch good deals like this one. I got 3 Vs Seekers for 1.50/each in the past too.
>>
Guess I'll install PTCGO.

I haven't played in a while but I have loads of cards.
>>
>>26540580
ha, great gif.

congrats anon
>>
File: cookie_monster.png (685KB, 1440x1052px) Image search: [Google]
cookie_monster.png
685KB, 1440x1052px
when you Archie Barbaracle onto the bench against a night marcher.
>>
>>26540856
I'd ask you to hook me up, but it's in a language other than English which sadly, PTCG will never allow me to use, even if my niggas at locals speak said language or know what the card fucking does.
>>
>>26542211
>tfw you win three tourney in a row because the opponents were all meme marchers
>>
>>26542211
>when the night marcher plays their own stadium
>when the night marcher plays hex maniac
>when the night marcher already has a DCE on their attacker
>>
File: image.png (45KB, 652x518px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
45KB, 652x518px
>tfw lady friend tells me she dominates kids online with some half-assed premade Gyarados deck

why does this make me hard
>>
>>26542578
found the night marcher.
>>
>>26543278
found the low level shitter
>>
File: 1426254475658.png (180KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1426254475658.png
180KB, 600x500px
How much did fates collide packs devalued thanks to the 24 ticket tournaments?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Enjoy your chikoritas, anons
at least the sleeves are kinda cool
>>
>>26543841
What did these do?
>>
Anyone else here a collector?

I like to just buy packs to collect them.
Don't really do the whole game thing.
>>
Man, I love when the game spontaneously disconnects and I lose my turn.

And then I love it even more when I get back and click on my discard pile and it ends my turn.

Oh well, 4th place is good enough I guess.
>>
>>26537454
Mega beedrill? What set is this?
>>
>>26544365
"premium champion's pack" released in Japan only

every pack has an ex but it's expensive as shit
>>
File: 20160531_175235.jpg (3MB, 3110x1462px) Image search: [Google]
20160531_175235.jpg
3MB, 3110x1462px
>>26544082
I am a collector first and foremost; however since I have so many cards I took to playing aswell. I've collected since '98/99 but got more into serious collecting around tbe beginning of the B&W block collecting specifically every EX and their Full Art counterpart (of which I have all of them up to and including Fates Collide). I am also trying to finish up my old collections such as my 'Shining' Pokemon and what I can for the Gold Star Pokemon.
>>
File: IMG_1971.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1971.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>26544499
>Mfw I have original Zapdos
>Mfw it's the fucking fossil
>Worth fuck all
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

These are all the originals I have.
>>
>>26544499
>>26544631
The Manchamp would be worth $300 if it was mint condition and PSA graded.
>>
File: trash.png (4MB, 1300x1870px)
trash.png
4MB, 1300x1870px
>>26544082
I collected as a kid, but now I'm more of a competitive player than anything. I still collect sometimes.
>>
I'm new to the game, how does one play Aerodactyl properly, as if to get him at the bottom of my deck?
>>
>>26545198
You don't play Aerodactyl.
>>
>>26544499
JD is that you
>>
>>26545198
>Using fossil mons
>>
>>26544681
No it fucking wouldn't, it's from the 2 player starter kit you goddamned idiot
You can buy those brand new for $30
>>
>>26545204
There is not a single card to arrange the bottom of the deck then, why even make the amber so useless.
>>
>>26545198
>>
>>26545232
Because TPCi is fucking retarded and makes pokemon either totally worthless or disgustingly overpowered.
>>
>>26545213
Judgment Dragon? Afraid not guy. A-Town here.
>>
>>26545239
So you should run a setup of 2-4 Omastar, and bring the first Omastar in turn 1 with Archie to work even remotely.
Every deck could and can use Shaymin but drawing Aerodactyl after using Omastar's ability can be a set back because you want to keep most of the fossils in the deck.

And then you need a proper basic that can do something outside of be a sitting duck waiting for the player to bring out an Omastar.

What would you recommend?
>>
File: 20160531_191824.jpg (3MB, 3076x1586px) Image search: [Google]
20160531_191824.jpg
3MB, 3076x1586px
>>26545331
Forgot pic of my shinies
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 800x728px)
image.jpg
78KB, 800x728px
blogfaggot here

sending out codes to all you dudes who listened to my whining in the old thread. check your emails and post pulls
>>
>>26545360
>What would you recommend?
Playing a different deck.
>>
File: pulls1.jpg (280KB, 1292x703px)
pulls1.jpg
280KB, 1292x703px
>>26545422
1/3 Breakthroughs
>>
>>26545475
I mean outside of that.

I'm not that guy either, I play Raikou / Magnezone with Octillery instead of Shaymin because I'm a poorfag.
>>
File: pulls2.jpg (283KB, 1294x705px) Image search: [Google]
pulls2.jpg
283KB, 1294x705px
>>26545490
2/3 Breakthroughs
>>
File: pulls3.jpg (286KB, 1294x703px)
pulls3.jpg
286KB, 1294x703px
>>26545508
3/3 Breakthroughs

I don't even know what half of these do or what purpose they serve.

But thanks Bloganon. Don't drink yourself to death ya hear.
>>
>>26545501
There is no "outside" of that. You can't build a playable fossil deck. There are no coherent strategies for consistently getting out restored Pokemon that aren't Tyrunt or Amaura.
>>
Any trainer that lets me search for an evolved pokemon on my deck and put it in my hand, like Prof. Elm´s trainer method from old ex-series?
>>
>>26545531
Trevor. No clue why you would want that when ultra ball exists.
>>
>>26545531
You could just use Ultra Ball.
>>
>Tfw havent even got the cards for any kind of decks
>Have so many cards in my collection
>Majority owned once
>>
File: Fuck the monkeys.jpg (4MB, 1920x4301px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck the monkeys.jpg
4MB, 1920x4301px
>>26545422
Thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 560x560px
>get drunk last night and open Booster Box
>pull Mega Glalie FA
>cant find it today

dont drink and open cards, kids
>>
File: poke.jpg (4MB, 2560x2160px)
poke.jpg
4MB, 2560x2160px
My bonus packs for redeeming codes pulls.

10x Roaring skies coming up next.
>>
so I burnt myself out on collecting cards

what do I do with collection now
>>
>>26545663
It's only a 5 dollar card.
>>
File: 1439586090284.gif (974KB, 467x350px)
1439586090284.gif
974KB, 467x350px
I traded in 5000+ bulk commons/uncommons/useless rares to a card shop for 200 bucks. Was this a good?
>>
>>26545792
Isn't 5 dollars enough to buy american beer can?
>>
Well I've fucked this one.

All I get is pokemon cards, no energy at all and the enemy keeps getting like 3-4 heads and doing 340 dmg to my pokemon.
>>
>>26545990
Zach wins again
>>
>>26546035
Might be another at this rate.
>>
>>26546035
Ayyy I guess not.
>>
>>26545970

My local game store would give $300 for 5000 Pokemon cards ($60 per box of 1000). Maybe having other cardshops in my area just force them price competitively, though.
>>
>>26545970
troll&toad would've paid you $300 but you would've had to pay cost of shipping
>>
>>26545422
Will post when i get home!
>>
File: image.png (4MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4MB, 2048x1536px
Finally broke my dry spell and got this today. Isn't worth too much, but I'm happy it's my first Mega-EX.
>>
File: 20160601_040546.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px)
20160601_040546.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Got 3 booster packs in 24 hours and I pulled pic related.
I already had another full art and mega.
I am sure it must be a sign from the Pokemkn TCGods.
I thought of pairing it with rush in Zoroark. Any advice?
>>
File: Experimetal.jpg (273KB, 940x635px)
Experimetal.jpg
273KB, 940x635px
>>26548712
nice 3.6 mb for two cards

but talking about bad cards I'm currently trying to figure out a build for this thing
overall metal seems fine right now because it has a decent matchup against itemlocks and aquabox, against vespiquen of course I wouldn't play down silent lab unless I go first
I didn't test it with the Genesect yet but I probably need a heavy hitter for simple matchups like yveltalEX.

I hate playing without shaymin but when you get your silentlab out this easily you can really destroy a big portion of the metagame
>>
File: wheelgrindjune116.png (18KB, 664x368px) Image search: [Google]
wheelgrindjune116.png
18KB, 664x368px
at the 100 mark
>>
>>26548968
How bout 4 pictures then?

I think you should chop off mons. Make it so that Dialga is your heavy hitter, and scizor buys you time by quickly chipping off mons
>>
File: 20160601_052052.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160601_052052.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>26549027
Pic didnt attach
>>
File: scizor.png (603KB, 936x472px) Image search: [Google]
scizor.png
603KB, 936x472px
>>26548968
Don't mix Genesect and Scizor. Pick one as your primary attacker and stick with it. I also wouldn't use Max Elixer in a Bronzong deck, since you're going to want to be using Compressor which doesn't work with it at all.

Pic related is my build for it. I don't think Scizor EX on its own is enough to build a deck around, especially without a way to consistently proc Gale Thrust. Instead, M Scizor does more damage with a good secondary effect for the same energy cost.
>>
>>26549078
aw man I was hoping for some educated opinions...
There is a reason metal is not played at the moment. I am not trying to make the conventional metal build work in the meta,
there are enough people that have already proven it doesn't. I want to craft a deck that has a good match-up against NM, Greninja, Vespiplume which make up around 85% of the current standard meta for tournaments.
Bronzong itself is too slow to reliably use as a main acceleration:
Here you use it mid to lategame to win the resource-war against other turbo decks. It provides your tempo while you burst turn 1-2 with the elixirs.
You don't even have to use gale thrusts bonus damage half of the time you are attacking with Scizor, as since the metagame is mostly Froakies and mew/march for the early turns (I'm debating a muscleband for the one-shot on baby Yveltal + synergy on Genesect)
there is no point in picking a primary attacker, since they all have equally bland damaging attacks (though I will cut the Dialga for a third Genesect after testing turned out to be positive)
I won't miss out on a win just because all 3 Genesect/ Scizor are prized they and Aegislash all do the same thing, they hit varying amounts of damage for metal energy.
If you don't run at least 2 Aegislash (or support search). you won't even get into it consistently to block off the Vespiplume decks before they take 6 prizes

by the way: what are you running the metal stadium for if you even invested 4/6 slots into Zoroark which can clear status? The stadium is really weak, especially right now with our biggest status threat being what? the paralysis of froakie?
>>
>>26548968
moar bronzong. including a one-of the new one that blocks bench attack damage INCLUDING place damage counters. (fuuu trevenant)
>>
>>26545422
I didn't get shit.
epic.
>>
>>26549452
that...
actually doesn't sound all that horrible
trev is only a bit of an issue if you don't go first though due to the high draw supporter/search supporter count
delinquent really fucks up a trev player too
>>
File: 20160601_064306.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160601_064306.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>26548712
>>26548968
>>26549035
>>26549237
How about this as my whole attack force?
1 more mega and 1 more zorua and zoroark
9 steel energies and 2 dark energies total.
Acceleration through items and supporters, since everything only needs 2 energy
>>
File: Round_And_Round.png (575KB, 927x588px)
Round_And_Round.png
575KB, 927x588px
Any advice for this Expanded deck? It's fun to play, and okay at winning matches, but I feel it could be better.
>>
File: Round16.png (873KB, 1082x563px)
Round16.png
873KB, 1082x563px
>>26549652

nigga what the fuck are you doing using Wigglytuff and not the Toad?
>>
>>26549565
I have a whole Bronzong toolbox deck that's not too dissimilar to yours. 3/1 split of the acceleration one to the bench block one. Lots of one-ofs Metal giants for use in different situations. It is unplayable rn because of the Break bug though. The deck is pretty much two fingers to the meta.
>>
File: better.png (594KB, 931x593px)
better.png
594KB, 931x593px
>>26549765
Didn't have toads when I made it, and forgot to put recently traded ones in. How's this looking?
>>
>>26549765
If you're not going to attack with Meloetta, why are you running it?
The new Fates Collide Whismur has Round, too. It's better to fill your bench with non-EX basics that can technically attack in a pinch than to flounder around with a clunky EX liability, isn't it?

The only advantage I can see in running Meloetta over Whismur would be a Hoopa play, but I don't think that's particularly necessary.

>>26549858
Professor's Letter, Cheren, and Fan Club are bad cards. You have an absurd amount of energies, and I'm not entirely sure why you're running those unnecessary special energies. Your ratios are wonky and you should be running more copies of the cards that matter. Mew doesn't make sense here unless you plan on running Dimension Valley, but Sky Field is a much better option making the Mew tech questionable.
>>
>>26542388
It's in french.

Which brings me to ask: I know you can't use Japanese cards in Europe/America, but what about european languages in UK or America for example? I'm talking about official TCG events.
>>
My local league is going to make it's first League Challenge. It's quite small, but has players with shit decks and A tier. I expect at least 1 night march, 1 greninja, 1 YZG and techs to counter Night march.

What do you think can help me to counter those shitters?

I have all the cards for manectric bats, I might add mew to trade with nm and jirachy promo.
Any suggestions? A friend can lend me some seismitoads, but I don't know what to play.
>>
>>26550927
Just play NM and beat them.

Alternatively you could play Greninja.
>>
>>26550773
>but what about european languages in UK or America for example?

You can only play cards that are of your home territory's official languages.

As a Canadian, I can play French language cards as well as English language cards. This would apply even if I went down to the States for a tourney. If I moved to the States, however, I wouldn't be able to use French language cards.
>>
>>26551047
I see. I think it's pretty dumb tho. Everyone knows the effects of every relevant cards...
>>
>>26551040
I'll end up doing this.
>>
>>26551134
Which is why French cards can be played, even if players aren't fluent in that language.

The reason for restricting languages by region is pretty simple. It prevents importing of Japanese cards before their international release. It fucks with their distribution model back home, and abroad.
>>
>>26551200
Yeah, it makes sense. For some reason, I thought it was only Japanese cards that were forbidden everywhere. Thanks for the clarification homie.
>>
>>26551219
>For some reason, I thought it was only Japanese cards that were forbidden everywhere

I think this might've been a soft rule set in place by the old Pokemon Trading Card Game League.

It's not been a static rule, which lends itself to confusion.

>Prior to the 2009-2010 tournament season, foreign-language prints of cards could also be played without limit, as long as the user provided a local-language reference outside the deck
>Starting with the 2009-2010 season, however, sanctioned events began to require players to play with cards printed in English or an region's local language
>Some American players who had invested in Japanese versions of cards which were generally less expensive, voiced their displeasure with the change of rules
>as a result, the rules were amended for the 2009-2010 tournament season to allow up to 10% of a player's deck (six cards) to consist of foreign-language cards
>Beginning in the 2010-2011 season, Play! Pokémon followed through with their initial plan to allow only English and local-language cards in premier events

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Standard_format_(TCG)#Foreign_language_cards
>>
>>26551200
Actually, another question: what if you're from say, Spain and play in the United States or Germany, can you play English or German cards? Do English cards work everywhere considered how everyone speaks it?
>>
>>26551252
You have to play cards from your home region, not the region you're playing in.

A Japanese player could come to America and play their full deck, for example.

>Do English cards work everywhere considered how everyone speaks it?

This, I'm not 100% sure of. The way the rules are worded, I'd say it's a "no", but I could see why they might've made an exception for English, since they conduct and broadcast tournaments using English.
>>
>>26551252
>>26551289
Actually, scratch that.

Since they print promotional 'Worlds' cards in languages other than English, I'm going to assume that's because the English cards can't be used.
>>
>tfw my practically irrelevant country got official localization of PTCG, but translation is almost comically horrible and the last localized set at the moment is Ancient Origins

I am glad actually, importing Japanese or English cards is pointless for anything other than collecting because they're not allowed in official events, so I am pretty much safe from this paper plague. Nearest official tournaments is like 250 kilometers away anyway, and unofficial activity too. Shithole where I live only has a few wild MtG players.
>>
How are the popular TCG youtubers popular? They aren't funny, they aren't knowledgeable and a bunch of them have 50% of the video consist of variations of "UMMM".
>>
>>26552988
*PTCG
>>
>>26552988
YellowSwellow is my nigga. Dude entertains me.
>>
>>26552988
We had Pooka who was pretty good, and we had ABlueGolfBall who was tolerable, but both of them left.
Now we're stuck with DarkIntegral because there's literally no one better. Probably because barely anyone cares enough about competitive Pokemon gameplay to warrant it.
I'd be willing to make videos or at least stream for you guys if there was any amount of interest.
>>
File: Sabrina's psychic control.jpg (79KB, 350x495px) Image search: [Google]
Sabrina's psychic control.jpg
79KB, 350x495px
>>26545970
>I traded in 5000+ bulk for $200
You got cheated out of $50 or more.
A card shop would have given you more.
And never bulk your trainer cards, I learn that the hard way. They are worth more then the Pokemon cards.
>>
How many Fates Collide Boosters is one Shaymin EX worth?

Also, is Burning Mane Pyroar worth incorporating into a deck?
>>
>>26553874
pyroar is worth it half of the time, it completely shuts down all ex / basic decks (like mine :^( )

the only negative is that it takes up 2 slots, but if you want something similar, run safeguard carbink from FAC
>>
>>26553874
>Also, is Burning Mane Pyroar worth incorporating into a deck?

Hasn't been since Hex Maniac got printed.
>>
>>26553953
Yeah, Hex Maniac completely shut down all Ability Pokemon. That's why everyone stopped running Shaymin, Aegislash, Greninja, Vileplume, Trevenant, Zoroark, Gallade, Golbat, Crobat, Bronzong, Ho-oh, and Giratina once AO came out.
>>
>>26553995

An absolutely retarded comparison. Well done.
>>
>>26554024
I don't know, it's a little bit more retarded to say a card that forces your opponent to play Hex to get one (1) prize in a relatively Basic format is worthless, especially considering PTCGO's meta.
>>
>>26554086

m8...

The meta on ptcgo or in real life is littered with evolutions, and if your opponent is playing any of those decks, you have practically no chance to win. Pyroar IS its ability. The fact that an exclusively basic deck has a good chance to win if they're playing hex maniac is already bad enough. Any deck with an evolution virtually cannot lose against Pyroar.

It might not be worthless if you won every game against those running only basics. But as it stands you'll struggle to win half of those games thanks to hex maniac. Having another portion of the meta game being an autoloss is simply awful. It's worthless senpai.
>>
>>26553995
The only Pokemon you listed that's a fair comparison is Aegislash EX. Both it and Pyroar rely entirely on stalling. But you can only buy so many turns before they inevitably dig for the Maniac. And then it's just a matter of using their VS Seekers. If you aren't completely assravaging your opponent in those few turns you bought, you were wasting time. All of the other Pokemon don't use their abilities to stall, so their entire strategy doesn't crumble if their opponent streams Hex Maniac. They'll get set back, don't get me wrong, but they won't just throw their hands in the air and do nothing.

Aegislash EX is particularly troublesome because it gives two prizes when it's killed. Pyroar obviously doesn't have that weakness but running a 1-1 line-up would be inconsistent and unreliable, and even if you do get it out, it's only one Hex away from getting knocked out.

Also, I ignored Giratina EX because it's run more for its attack than its ability.
>>
>>26554236
>>26554258
>Pyroar IS its ability.
>Pyroar rely entirely on stalling.
Am I the only one remembering that Pyroar can 2HKO the format off a single energy turn?
You have decks like Yveltal, Toad, Trevenant, Greninja, Vespiquen, Mane, and the list goes on, all of which have the same (or lower!) damage output without the advantage of forcing your opponent to waste their turn supporter, and in some cases, a higher/slower energy curve.

So when you strip away Pyroar's ability...then you still have a Pokemon that's on par with the rest of the format. Except now your opponent won't be able to fish for another DCE or Puzzle with Sycamore, or get that D Valley with Skyla, etc.
>>
>>26554375

You figured it out bro. Pyroar is definitely the play for regional. Go out there are get'em!
>>
>>26554400
>using appeal to authority fallacy by bringing up tournament results
Next you'll call me names.
>>
>>26554414
>not understanding the meta.
Thosr pokemon you are stalling, for the most part, can 1 or 2HKO Pyroar
>>
File: 20160601_175020.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160601_175020.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I think the Manaphy box is out today, about to head out to Target and see if they have it.

In the meantime, here's a video for the Blastoise box (and some codes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObTM0z21hQo
>>
File: 20160518_171343.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px)
20160518_171343.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
We went to a League Challenge this past weekend; I went 2-2 with a Gengar/Bats deck and Serge went 2-1 with a Greninja Break deck. Nationals are coming up but we're gonna be in TX at the time. Oh well.
>>
>>26554375
>Am I the only one remembering that Pyroar can 2HKO the format off a single energy turn?

It takes two turns to power up a Pyroar. It takes 2 turns to knock anything out. The vast majority of decks will one shot you. Do the math, it isn't pretty.

>You have decks like
>Yveltal

Crazy damage output, much higher than Pyroar, that doesn't discard an energy and can, in fact, conserve energy. Huge difference.

>Toad

Comes with an item lock, which makes a huge difference in every match, whereas Pyroar's ability doesn't. It's also faster than Pyroar.

>Trevenant

More item lock, which is once again much stronger than Intimidating Mane. Also does crazy spread damage.

>Greninja

Can take down a mega pokemon in a single turn. Doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Pyroar when it comes to damage output. Often forces hex maniacs because the damage output is THAT insane.

>Vespiquen

Often paired with item lock, which once again is stronger than Pyroar's ability. When it's not with item lock, it's damage is enough to one shot EXs. Much faster than Pyroar as well in all iterations.

>Mane

Crazy acceleration on it's Megas attacks, good damage on it's basics attacks. All-round extremely strong. You can see the difference between Manectric's 110 for 2 energy and Pyroar's 110 for 3. Manectric accelerates 2 energy while Pyroar DISCARDS one energy. Holy cow that's a big difference.

>forcing your opponent to waste their turn supporter

Just as you've listed, only 1 (one) deck here would be forced to use a hex maniac. What didn't you list? Night March? That's really it.

>So when you strip away Pyroar's ability...then you still have a Pokemon that's on par with the rest of the format.

I hope you understand just how wrong this is. Pyroar minus it's ability is shit. Not only is the damage NOT comparable to most of the format, but the format is also fill with attacks that give you value as opposed to Pyroar's discard.
>>
File: Pyroar-BREAK-XY11.jpg (141KB, 800x573px) Image search: [Google]
Pyroar-BREAK-XY11.jpg
141KB, 800x573px
[R][R][C] Kaiser Tackle: 180 damage. This Pokemon does 50 damage to itself.

Could it be good in expanded? Since I'm assuming flashfire will rotate soon.
>>
>>26554642
>It takes two turns to power up a Pyroar.
Blacksmith.

>The vast majority of decks will one shot you. Do the math, it isn't pretty.
I did the math. You must have made a mistake with your calculations. Did you assume Pyroar had NM-tier HP or something? 110 is above-curve for a Stage 1, and it's even getting a Break. It's on par with Trevenant and only 20 under Greninja and Yveltal.

>all that shit
I wasn't comparing Pyroar to the utility all those other cards offer. I was comparing them to the damage output and energy curve associated with those cards and their decks. You trade off the benefit of whatever other gimmick, and get an ability that forces your opponent to drop a Hex to take a single prize, which is absolutely advantageous.

I'm not even going to mention how some of the things you wrote are wrong. You really think Vespiquen can get 16 Pokemon in the discard faster than you can Blacksmith a Pyroar? What kind of math are you doing where one Greninja can deal 220 in a single turn?

>What didn't you list?
Night March, the current Tier 0 deck with three times the winrate of the next best deck. Seismitoad and Yveltal, which are the next two strongest decks. And, of course, the myriad of rogue EX decks you see online, since a majority of the playerbase is obsessed with the viability of big basics.

>Not only is the damage NOT comparable to most of the format
Yveltal hits for 30
Toad hits for 30
Trevenant hits for 60 or 30
Vespiquen doesn't OHKO early on
Greninja hits for 50/80 off its attack, then tack on another 60 if you can pay for the Break.
Zoroark rarely gets above 100
So 60/90 damage before Muscle Band seems really, really comparable, especially when more than 90 damage doesn't matter outside of Megas when it comes to 2HKOing things.

>>26554715
It gets a reprint in CP4, so Japan gets to enjoy this.
>>
>>26554715
Ironic this was mentioned given the topic at hand. Yes, I think it has potential.
>>
>>26553067
If you're good there's interest. You're forgetting omnipoke, teamfishknuckles and pokedecks. Who all play the game on a competitive level. One of the guys from omnipoke was actually commentating uk nats.
>>
>>26555033
>teamfishknuckles
I caught one of their discussion streams once and I wasn't impressed.
>>
>>26554873
>Blacksmith.

Now you have to use a supporter to keep up. Uh oh. There's a problem now, isn't it? You've said it yourself.

>Did you assume Pyroar had NM-tier HP or something?

Yea, I did. Thanks to FFB, Pumpkaboo has 100, Joltick has 70, and Mew has 90. The difference between Pyroar and them are minimal. Most of the format does 110 damage or more. Pyroar isn't going to take a hit.

>I wasn't comparing Pyroar to the utility all those other cards offer. I was comparing them to the damage output

Which I proved wasn't very relevant, if it were true.

>energy curve associated with those cards and their decks

No idea what you mean here. Pyroar's damage for energy cost is bad, especially considering it's longevity.

>You trade off the benefit of whatever other gimmick, and get an ability that forces your opponent to drop a Hex to take a single prize, which is absolutely advantageous.

It's a shit gimmick and you haven't yet showed me WHERE it's "absolutely advantageous." The meta shits all over it, hex maniac or no.

>I'm not even going to mention how some of the things you wrote are wrong.

Please do. None of it is wrong.

>You really think Vespiquen can get 16 Pokemon in the discard faster than you can Blacksmith a Pyroar?

You get 7 in the discard with ease. If you want to compare there two shotting capabilities I think it's only fair to use the correct number of pokemon. Mid to late game you should have 16 pokemon in the discard, without a doubt.

>What kind of math are you doing where one Greninja can deal 220 in a single turn?

Giant Water Shuriken + Giant Water Shuriken + Moonlight Slash/Muscle Band is 220 damage. 60+60+100. Fairly simple mathematics.

>Yveltal

Runs 2-3 evolutions in the form of Zoroark/Gallade. It isn't a big basic deck anymore. That's two decks you "counter" if you don't accept hex maniacs existence.

>that cavalcade of mismatched, randomly chosen pokemon

Utility, utility, utility. You're wrong about a couple of those btw
>>
>trainer's mail
>don't need any
>Shaymin for 4
>get those same 4 cards

meme'd
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.