[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MAKE KANTO GREAT AGAIN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: KantoPoke.png (223KB, 425x310px) Image search: [Google]
KantoPoke.png
223KB, 425x310px
Game Freak gain a few chromosomes and decide it'd be a great idea to make a Kanto game again in Generation 7/8 despite the fact that we've played through it a gazillion times already

What precautions can they take and what features can they add to make it not shit?
>>
That's not how chromosomes work. Downs Syndrome is caused by having an extra chromosome. Shit thread
>>
Sequel instead of remake.
>>
>>26502599
It's a figure of speech. Nice to see you're making use of your extra chromosome though you fucking retard
>>
Red 2, Blue 2, Green 2 trio. Heavily revamp the region aesthetically, add new areas to the north.
>>
Do a twenty years later sequel - Blue has taken over Professor Oaks role, Kanto's major cities have expanded greatly, Misty and Erika are fine-ass MILFs and so on. Gold is atop Mt. Silver, the old man in Vermillion finally finishes his building (it's a battle facility) and the Dojo in Saffron is the gym again now that Sabrina fucked off to Unova. Throw in a couple of new dungeons too - a cinnabar volcano dungeon and a big new Wind Farm dungeon on route 14.

Either that or a 'retelling' of the original Kanto story with way bigger (and brand new) maps, vastly expanded story and new features out the ass, not to mention all of the good new features of FRLG like the Sevii Islands, all of the extra features of Yellow like the surfing minigame and Jesse/James, plus a battle facility with rentals and gym leader castle from Stadium.

Basically whatever they do, just making FRLG in 3D just won't cut it. We've seen Kanto too many times, it'd take a hell of a lot to wow me again
>>
Redo the geography for the region so everything isn't at right angles to each other. It's a big reason why it feels so dated.
>>
>>26502795
>>26502826
these
>>
>>26502826
Incidentally, this is also one of the reasons why the Hoenn remakes felt like shit. Strict North-East-West-South routes and forward facing buildings ALL the time (not to mention angular rocks and mountains) just serve to remind you every step of the way that you're not playing 3D Hoenn - you're basically playing 2D Hoenn, lifted directly from RSE and slapped into a 3D engine
>>
>>26502684
>>26502711
Please this. Why this isn't already the standard baffles me. Besides GF being shit.

Hell, Platinum better fucking be getting a sequel rather than remake. Its a way to lengthen Gens while not being too much of a retread.
>>
>>26502533
Sequel to HGSS where you start in Kanto and move through Johto, with enough dev time so that the entire game has a proper difficulty curve and is full of content. Possibly other locations further inland or otherwise like the Sevii Islands.

Good Pokemon variety from every generation right from the beginning.

Revamp the entire region from scratch too, including old landmarks but with new features and maps. You'd start in a new town instead of Pallet, possibly from the north of Pewter or Cerulean.
>>
>>26502686
Yeah no that's not a figure of speech no one says that
>>
>>26502856
Yeah, I like to hope we'll get Diamond and Pearl 2 instead of remakes. Especially now that they're adding Bank compatibility to eShop titles - why bother doing Gen 4 remakes when they can just stick them on the eShop and save the resources for D2P2?

I mean, that's clearly what they WANTED to do with ORAS. You could tell all throughout playing it that Game Freak didn't know if they wanted to do a sequel or a remake. Shitty Delta Episode aside, all of the best parts of those games were the brand new elements, like Mallville, Sea Mauville's lore, soaring, DexNav, the new music (for Zinnia and Wally) and so on. The parts that actually carried over from RSE all felt lazily slapped in, or worse, cut down in the name of "streamlining". It was clear as day that they wanted to do new things but felt choked by the remake formula, and truthfully if they had just gone all the way and did Ruby 2/Sapphire 2, we'd have probably been better off for it.
>>
File: (you).jpg (52KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
52KB, 612x380px
>>26502898
okay sweetie
>>
>>26502955
That's not really the point of the thread. It's not, "should Game Freak do Kanto again?", it's "if Game Freak were dumb enough to do Kanto again, what damage control would need to be done"
>>
>>26502684
more like a rebbot.
>>
>>26507331
explain
>>
>>26502533
add johto too
>>
It would be cool if they reimagined it! Make it bigger, better, and more influential to the overall Pokemon lore. Maybe expand the region into the north and add more cities, make the cities feel bigger, make the criminals more evil, and MAYBE allow more Pokemon to be available. I don't know, but I feel this could give them more creative freedom and it would feel more fresh.
>>
>>26508651
This
Maybe expand more to the east side as well, the safari zone takes up a huge chunk and is cool, but that whole eastern route is just too huge to be as empty as it is. Put some beaches over there or something, maybe throw down some new small island.

Basically just make it bigger
>>
>>26502533
If they wanted a Kanto remake they'd do one this year.

So not going to happen at least for another few years
>>
>>26502684
Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold, Soul Silver.
>>
>>26511128
Again, missed the point completely
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.