[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you adapt the core mechanics of the Mainline games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1453400915518.jpg (215KB, 1100x1098px) Image search: [Google]
1453400915518.jpg
215KB, 1100x1098px
How would you adapt the core mechanics of the Mainline games to make them closer to the premise "Pokemon are your friends"?
>>
>>26499310
Add pokémarriage.
>>
>>26499310
Wally's Ralts evolves into Gallade.
Delete this post.
>>
>>26499333
-no
>>
>>26499310
>add walking Pokemon
>all evolutions are based on friendship
>every stat is based on friendship
>>
File: 1431480294050.jpg (156KB, 1064x604px) Image search: [Google]
1431480294050.jpg
156KB, 1064x604px
>>26499310
>While still being a kids game
Have a Pokemon follow you around and NPCs sometimes refer to them by name when you talk to them
Minigames that make you give a personality in your mind to your mon, something like contests but not as restrictive with movesets so you can just have your favorite pokemon prove it's the cutest/bravest/smartest
Pokemon get sick, they get back to health by themselves in an hour or two but you have to make do without them til then

>Making it a game for teens
All said before + Pokemon die permanently if they faint in wild encounters. Ramp up the difficulty and have this make traveling from town to town for the first time a challenge, making the player choose between using scarce and expensive healing items (make this the most viable choice), taking a long trip back to the last town, or risking his Pokemon dying, like in a dungeon crawling game. I think anyone would end up caring about their mons this way, at least those he clears the game with.
>>
File: 1374290812771.jpg (185KB, 600x775px) Image search: [Google]
1374290812771.jpg
185KB, 600x775px
Improve pokemon amie. Give pokemon voices from anime or SMB.
Well adding options like eevelutions suddenly laing on back cus they want some belly rub etc.

Just improve pokemon amie
>>
Maybe a way to hold one-way conversations with most pokemon, and two-way ones with certain psychic and fighting types.
>>
>>26499310

I wouldn't.
>>
File: follow.jpg (20KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
follow.jpg
20KB, 256x192px
I just want this back.
>>
>>26499310
If two Pokemon with max affection fuck then the baby has a chance of having its HA.
>>
>>26500466
This. All there needs to be is more interaction with your pokemon. Maybe make it so that if you don't interact after a while they become less obedient in battle, or at least lower their stats a little to be less drastic. But keep in mind how many smogonfags would be annoyed by having to pet their Talonflames just to keep them usefull in-game
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.