[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw Hoenn was remade during shitty beta test Gen VI while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9

File: 1453249858635.jpg (57KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1453249858635.jpg
57KB, 421x421px
>mfw Hoenn was remade during shitty beta test Gen VI while Sinnoh will probably be remade during Gen VII
>>
>>26496502
Nah, I think Gen VII will be similar to Gen V. Gen V was also the second gen on it's system.
>>
I want Platinum 2
>>
That what you fags deserve.
>>
>>26496502
Good, Hoenn is shit
>>
File: Giggling Cat.gif (200KB, 482x348px) Image search: [Google]
Giggling Cat.gif
200KB, 482x348px
>>26496502
>mfw oras is a beta test for SM
>>
>>26496502
well, if it's a remake of platinum, maybe we'll finally get the battle Frontier again.
>>
>>26496543
agreed
>>
File: 1463523605584.png (417KB, 400x520px) Image search: [Google]
1463523605584.png
417KB, 400x520px
>>26496502
>mfw dppt will only get better
>>
>>26496502
>Hoenn always misses out
>people make fun of hoennbabies anyway

Life sure sucks for you guys huh
>>
>>26497944
With how much you scream about your region being the best unlike any other, why wouldn't people make fun of your sorry asses?
>>
>>26496576
>it's not a remake of platinum
>it's a DP remake

end it all.
>>
>>26497706
It's not like they could make it worse
>>
HG/SS was stuck in Gen IV's shitty engine too

The only good remakes so far were FR/LG
>>
File: 1319245364767.jpg (23KB, 399x300px) Image search: [Google]
1319245364767.jpg
23KB, 399x300px
>Gen VII
>having any games other than Sun/Moon
>>
>>26497989
>FR/LG
>Good

they literally added nothing. You can't even get gen 2 eeveelutions because they didn't even day an inner clock
>>
>>26497957
>reading comprehension.

And no, Johto is much much much better than Hoenn
>>
>>26498024
They were at least playable with a good engine unlike HG/SS/OR/AS, and they added the entire Sevii Islands sidequest and Battle Tower, plus the VS Seeker.
>>
>>26496534
100% agreed.
>>
>>26498056
(You)
>>
>>26498056
This

>>26498087
retard spotted

although I completely agree that the Dex limitations in both Emerald and FRLG are fucking retarded and prevent them from being the two undisputed GOATs of the franchise
>>
>>26498056
>HGSS unplayable.
What?
>>
File: 1417123475412.png (525KB, 985x639px) Image search: [Google]
1417123475412.png
525KB, 985x639px
>not making your own opinion instead of copying others
tfw ORAS got made right before another tropical region

I loved playing through OR, it was pretty fun and I hope Dexnav and soaring come into play in some form in S/M. For all of Gen VI's faults, I'm happy for all that it brought in. HGSS and ORAS definitely tied for best game in the series for me, right above Colosseum and PSMD
>>
>>26498149
Gen 4's engine was trash
>>
>>26498155
>if you disagree with me, you're just copying someone else's opinion
Enjoy your neutered remake of an already shitty region.
>>
>>26498155
ORAS=HGSS

Are you insane?
>>
>>26498166
DP was trash, but Plat/HGSS was acceptable
>>
>>26496502
A shitty Remake for a shitty game anon.
>>
>>26498182
No. All Pt/HG/SS proved was that that engine was ultimately un-salvageable at the time. Still was slow as fuck.
>>
>>26498212
You know Gen V used the same engine right, just tweaked and the overworld was even slower
>>
>>26496502
>Cynthia won't get a mung-bean chibi
>But she won't be an HD 1:1 model either. At least not until Jet Black and Flashing White
>>
>>26498222
Hence "at the time". They did manage to improve things enough for Gen V, but that doesn't retroactively fix the problems Gen IV had.
>>
>>26496502
I'm actually really scared of a DP remake. They are the fucking worst games this series has seen, they made me drop the series, I mean Plat is great, but my god so many SinnohFetuses only see the game as platinum. They forget how much bullsghit has happened.

From coming from BW2 to a toddler's first game (XY's) no postgame to the worst remake, then fucking porting Pokemon RBY for 10$ when you can play it on your phone with cheats and speed ups. I'm actually scared if SM is bad guys, this might be the start of the end
>>
>>26498173
>reading my post as that
I'm just saying, there are a lot of people who complain and yet never played. I know plenty of people who played the demo at least and said it wasn't for them, and I respect that.
Like your opinion, I respect it, but disagree and think that a lot of fun came out of this game, especially when dealing with a pretty region like Hoenn. Wish more games let you see the game from up high, at least.
>>26498177
What's the problem? Both are good remakes that, although missing some fix ups or implementing new features in a not-so-ideal way (start up for Soaring, the whole Johto Safari Zone problem), still end up really enjoyable. Thank goodness that each took the good parts of the generation starting games and expanded on it.
>>
>>26498248
(you)
>>
The issues with ORAS are conscious design decisions, not engine problems, so it being Gen VI or VII makes no real difference. If anything it being Gen VII would make it worse assuming it had the same time allotted for development as more time would need to be spent on proper proportioned models.

It's also still a better game than RSE.
>>
>>26498254
I'll list everything HGSS added compared to GS and I'll highlight crystal, then you can do ORAS then we can compare
>>
>>26498248
>then fucking porting Pokemon RBY for 10$ when you can play it on your phone with cheats and speed ups

Can't trade/battle with anybody else who has the game though, or port those pokemon over to S/M
>>
>>26498272
RS yes, but Emerald is debatable
>>
BW3 when?
>>
File: 1454803705578.png (441KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1454803705578.png
441KB, 1366x768px
>>26498056
I love HGSS and ORAS but I agree. Suffered hard by using meh engines from meh gens.

>no remake using Gen V's engine and graphics
>>
>>26498274
Why would I do that when you'll just shit on all the points I make for ORAS while shitposters shit on YOUR points for HGSS? We've had these kinds of threads like a million times.
People try to say that Emerald was the best Hoenn game, but to me, it honestly only made Contests be way more close to lategame than before, added somewhat useless Battle Tents, added Scott who didn't do much at all really, and changed the shiny formula.
Battle Frontier was nice, but it still felt pretty barren. A couple new Base plushies, one Pokemon encounter on the island, and some of the places weren't even that fun.

I regret that the one battle place next to the Winstons is missing though. Imported e-reader cards for it and it was surprisingly a blast. To be fair though, it was just ported from FR/LG.
>>
>>26498305
Gen V's graphics were garbage. I hated that sprite scaling.
>>
File: Nuvema_Town_Summer_BW.png (98KB, 448x544px) Image search: [Google]
Nuvema_Town_Summer_BW.png
98KB, 448x544px
>>26498335
I loved it. I loved how the camera was a bit closer and the buildings leaned forward instead of backwards, to help the region feel bigger.
>>
>>26498335
Not them but, while I disliked the pixelly battle sprites, I really liked the ideas that the gen gave. Post Gen VI, it would be amazing.
>>
>>26498274
Ready?

>A REAL Safari zone added (not removed and turned into a route in ORAS)
>Being able to Rematch Gym leaders (first game to not do in the final game of a gen since Crystal)
>Finding Gym leaders With personality
>Battle Frontier (WHICH STARTED IN HOENN WHICH ORAS DOESNT HAVE)
> added 2 routes 47/48
>A real pedometer bonus, not 200 potions (one of the best pedometers at the time too)
>More characters were added from other gems (Steven stone+Cynthia+crashed wake)
>GB sounds is insane
>Pokemon outbreaks
>rematchable rivals daily
>Following Pokemon
I could go on....
>>
>>26498365
I love HGSS more too, but I really dont want to see THIS debate for the gorillionth time.

Also, Outbreaks were in Crystal.
>>
>>26498248

You are the cancer that is killing /vp/.

>>>/out/
>>
>>26498365
Outbreaks were not new to Johto at all, they were one of the new features of GS in the first place.

ORAS also further fleshed out Scorched Slab into a full dungeon instead of just a single room with Sunny Day if you're talking new areas.
>>
>>26498312
Did they add routes?

Unique postgame facilities?

Rematchable gym leaders?

Considard good by most?

Come with a bundle actual item?

Do they do ANYTHING ELSE THE OTHER REMAKES DID

You're prbaby one of the few people who liked contest anon, you're just a gf apologist.
>>
>>26498335

Agreed. Fuck seeing monster-sized pixels.
>>
Maybe i'm weird but I really enjoyed oras especially when compared to XY. It's no emerald mind you but I still enjoy/ed it.
>>
>>26498436
Same. It's no HGSS or BW2, but it's miles better than DP and XY.

They're average. Though there is a lot that's total shit about it though.
>>
>>26498335
Even the colors looked terrible.
The only good thing gen 5 gave us is the Pokemon themselves.
>>
>>26498404
Why...? Can you give me a reason what's wrong?

>>26498406
I'm not saying outbreaks were unique to HGSS, but it's was in RSE, and it wasn't in the remake. Scorched slab was ok, but when that's the only (not even 100%) new content of a region, that's not a positive
>>
>>26498456
There's also Sea Mauville, the Mirage Islands and the changed Mauville City. Battle Resort isnt the frontier, but it's still more than the tower.

You're forcing me to defend a game I dont like, by being even more wrong.
>>
>>26498365
Did you even see the post I made? And also, what are you even trying to prove? That my opinion that HGSS = ORAS can't be understood, so you want to somehow disprove it?
A lot of the things you listed started off in DPPt even, such as following Pokemon because of Amity Park.
>>26498411
Bait, why else would you say gf apologist, unless you were mad, which you don't really seem to be. Let me at least say that yeah, it added a bunch of extra places to visit via soaring, HGSS didn't have a unique postgame facility since only FRLG actually made its own, rematchable gym leaders not being in is actually a shame yes, and >considered good by most
>/vp/ counting as the majority in anything
>thinking mass appeal would mean a game is good.
I loved HGSS, but I also loved ORAS, what's wrong?
>>
FRLG is the only good remake anyways
>>
>>26496502
>s&m and dp in the same gen
would be too lewd
>>
>>26498476
Sea Mauvile=Abandoned ship
Mauvile is still mauvile
Mirage islands were in RSE too anon

I'm saving they slightly changed things when every other remake has created something NEW
>>
>>26498456

>DP
>worst games
>needing to cheat and speed up Pokemon with an emulator because you're too much of a faggot to pay for and play the real games

But then again, if you weren't retarded, you wouldn't have posted the shit you did.
>>
>>26498552
>dawn getting sexified with jiggle physics and a romance arc
hawt
>>
>>26498436
The post-game is fun, at least.
Didn't give a shit about Delta Episode, but filling out the DexNav was enjoyable, and hunting for legendaries.
Plus shiny hunting became so much easier.
>>
>>26498555
Not them, but it gave us many new features, which could arguably be even better than just a new route with barely anything actually new. The extra plot with the AZOTH stuff and the bottom screen being more useful yet again was amazing. Of course, that's an opinion, since some people would rather have new vistas to see.
>>
>>26498486
Brah, even normies at Reddit don't like it.
I'm just pissed at gf admitting it being rushed, having the least amount of new content compared to games, and aurally having the shortest play time of any game, then people saying its a fine game on par with gf's passion project BW or HGSS. Not to mention all the cut content from the originals (safari zone+breakouts+everyone handing out HM's (rival)) I can still go on
>>
>>26498575
You're literally just fucking calling my opinion shit and that's the end. Why should I pay for a game I got 15 years ago?

>>26498601
LIST WHATS NEW. THATS WHAT IM ASKING! Outside of the cool soaring and Dex nav (really cool btw) what is new? Games with more Limitations have more to offer. Lore on old things isn't a completely new thing
>>
File: 1457577470390.jpg (29KB, 261x246px) Image search: [Google]
1457577470390.jpg
29KB, 261x246px
>>26498391
>thread became remake wars like I predicted.
>>
>>26498616
BW1 had passion but it was passion for shit with that terrible forced story and linear region

BW2 improved literally everything greatly
>>
>>26498616
>reddit
Do you have to say that I'm a gf apologist, still? I wasn't that happy with X and Y, just like how most people were until the third game was revealed. Shit, why even play GS now when Crystal is right there, otherwise you're playing shit, by that logic?

In my opinion, it added a lot of stuff even though parts obviously felt rushed (no online contests and no BF made for some sad times).Your appreciation of stuff like legendaries being way more abundant for people, Dexnav, Soaring, more Megas, all the bottom screen stuff from XY being not only improved, but also added on to, increased chances to finding a shiny, new ways to see old areas, even more Secret Base places and items, internet compatibility with Bases, added lore to tie into XY some more, etc etc, is DIFFERENT from mine. That's all. I loved these new additions and felt they not only made up for what was lost, but even made them feel great. You feel like they don't add up to what was lost and that makes them shit. Both are opinions and valid in ways we can both explain. What will you try to do, try to argue that my feelings on it, no matter what I say, are still wrong?

You are literally being angry at people having different opinions. That is some straight up crazy shit. I will straight up laugh if you try to for some reason argue that what I listed "doesn't count" because that ITSELF would be an opinion, which I respect, but it's been done a million times! I'd rather you save yourself the trouble of trying to seem "right" because there is no right or wrong in this.
>>
>>26498248
>>26498274
>>26498365
>>26498411
>>26498456
>>26498555
>>26498616
>>26498711
Sorry guys I probably sound like a huge faggot right now, shit posting after 1 doesn't do me well...

I got some nice gets though, so I think lord Kek agrees with me
>>
File: 1417199496397.png (199KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1417199496397.png
199KB, 640x480px
>>26498869
What a surprise.

Anyways, like I was saying, I don't think Gen IV coming in Gen VII would be a smart thing, since with Alola being majorly island-based, it'd be a lot harder to go through mountain-ass Sinnoh and make it 3D using the same assets. I'd rather they keep it like Gen V and just do the two games, and maybe a sequel.
>>
>>26498937
you think Z and Z2 will make it in Alola?
>>
>>26498955
Hah, nah. Nice dubs, but not even trips could help poor Zygarde. I think they'll just Delta Episode it and have Looker talk about something to do with it. Badda boom, Zygarde forms. They could just go and make like a Star or some shit version like they did back then, or just join up with Genius Sonority and do some console thing. Who knows?
>>
>>26498937
Not going to lie, I still think ORAS are the worst remakes, but I can't make you not enjoy them. I still stand by DP being the worst, plat is easily 2nd best game
>>
>>26499095
I'm one of those "situation handlers" when shit like suicide alerts or negotiations go off, so I'm good at defusing a situation, pardon the pun. You'd be surprised by what some people do for something as small as someone hating their sports team, nothing in /vp/ compares to that kind of crazy.

Also shit, I just remembered that I never finished buying everything for the Resort house in Platinum. I agree though that DP's faults were vastly improved by Platinum to the point of craziness.
>>
>>26496502
SM is literally Hoenn 2.0
>>
>>26496502
>Hoenn is shit
>Sinnoh is GOAT

What's the problem?
>>
>>26496502
Then gen 4 was a beta test for gen 5 right?
>>
Look at all this samefagging
>>
>>26496502
They won't remake Sinnoh. It has no "Hoenn confurrm'd" memes going for it and the fan demand for remakes is low after the trainwreck that was ORAS.

Honestly good riddance too, the remake shit is starting to get ridiculous.
>>
>>26499910
LOL
>ORAS sold like hotcakes
>DP sold better tha original RS

Are you really that dumb?
>>
>>26500007
>sold like hotcakes
So does every core Pokemon game in existance

And it still sold the worst of all remakes they've made so far. The trend is clearly downwards, and the reception in Japanese fandom was poor in general. GameFreak even admitted that the only reason they remade RS was the pressure on social media from the fans. And the pressure was mostly because people naively assumed that just because HGSS was such a good game, all remakes they'll create in the future will be as well.

The demand for Sinnoh remakes is next to non-existent.
>>
>>26500132
You can't honestly believe Gen 4 remakes wouldn't sell tons.

Money > whatever fans think

And no, that wasn't the only reason they remade Gen 3.
>>
>>26500132
>The demand for Sinnoh remakes is next to non-existent.
Sure. Thats why threads about Sinnoh remakes pop-up in here everyday as of lately
>>
>>26499910
>It has no "Hoenn confurrm'd" memes going for it

Familia the first island we saw of Alola is based on Oahu, which features DIAMOND Head and PEARL Harbor.
>>
>>26500163
profit > money

of which there is little to be had after investing so much time and money in rebuilding DP for a 3DS engine as opposed to the demand for remakes.

given ORAS turnout, they wouldn't sell that much, Gamefreak would bankrupt itself
>>
>>26500280
>given ORAS turnout, they wouldn't sell that much, Gamefreak would bankrupt itself
Wow are seriously this stupid? Many people will buy new games no matter what. And now imagine that GF throws new forms for legends, megas for starters and few new attractive features. All this in new graphics and with newest generation mechanics etc.

Seems you dont get how Pokemon community works
>>
>>26500163
>You can't honestly believe Gen 4 remakes wouldn't sell tons.
They could put Masuda's gaping asshole on the cover and title it "Pokemon Brown" and it would sell. I don't even get why we even continue to bring up the argument "it will sell hotcakes!!!". It applies to literally every single Pokemon game GameFreak will ever shit out. The only question is, do we (fans) want it to happen. And yes, this is an important question now that we know GameFreak takes fan demand into consideration. Judging from the reaction on social media, or rather the lack of thereof, not many do.

>no, that wasn't the only reason they remade Gen 3
Yes they did, they explictly said that was the case. If they wanted to remake RS from their own will they'd have done so in Gen V.
>>
>>26500306
>it's new so it's better

They re-released RBY as roms recently. Just because you would give Jewfreak all your shekels for the shinies new thing doesn't mean it's good for everybody.

FRLG and HGSS served a purpose of mending the generation break between 2 and 3 and were well received. ORAS was just extra money, although RSE batteries have been dying like GSC cartridge batteries.

What Gamefreak needs is to stop trying to revisit the past, stop trying to remake shit that was good and ruin it. Make a sequel, anything else but a straight remake.

I bet you want BW remakes right after.
>>
>>26500349
>FRLG and HGSS served a purpose of mending the generation break between 2 and 3 and were well received.
This.

There was no objective reason to remake ORAS, money aside. I'd have honestly prefered if they did an XY sequel BW2 style rather than the Hoenn remake, which they clearly felt they were "forced" to do.
>>
>>26500132
>GameFreak even admitted that the only reason they remade RS was the pressure on social media from the fans. And the pressure was mostly because people naively assumed that just because HGSS was such a good game, all remakes they'll create in the future will be as well.

So GF deliberately made shitty remakes instead of being good developers and putting in the same effort they did with HGSS despite having the same amount of "pressuring" happen for both gens.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.