[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if GF changed all in game battles to doubles? They could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: nwfr0.jpg (63KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
nwfr0.jpg
63KB, 800x450px
What if GF changed all in game battles to doubles?

They could slowly phase out singles and further promote their official format.
>>
>>26496100
Then all of the battles would be doubles.
>>
>>26496115
/thread
>>
>>26496100
Then the game would be like Colloseum and XD in terms of gameplay, and catching wild pokemon would either be awkward as fuck or a jarring break.
>>
>>26496127
What is the fucking reason for not being able to throw a ball if more than one mon is present anyway? Just because pre-gen 3 games never had doubles?
>>
>>26496100

>Stating a terrible idea
>Use the worst professor

How appropriate.

Also no. While I do like doubles, colosseum and XD very much, I also like casual 6v6 singles in and out of the main story.
>>
I'm playing through colloseum right now and I have to say that double battles only is a fucking garbage idea
>>
>>26496150
Maybe because the battle is over once a pokemon is caught, so it would be awkward to have another one alive still
>>
>>26496156
>Sycamore
>Worst professor
I kow people have an XY hateboner but come on. He is seriously not worse than Elm.
>>
>>26496127
Actually, now that you mention it, normally I would turn away suggesting making all battles double battles but actually, making trainer battles doubles and wild battles singles seems like a brilliant split to me. Don't know why it'd be "jarring". It'd be a totally different than from trainer battles but I don't think that's inherently "jarring". And wild battles already are different trainer battles anyway.

I'd think it'd be cooler if "official" battles, like gym and league battles were doubles though.
>>
>>26496100
Double battles are fine.
Pokemon Colosseum is all doubles and it's a fun game.
They also promote more strategy, nerfing otherwise overused moves (surf, earthquake) and giving double-battle moves a bigger spotlight.

The downside would be that every pokémon would have to be built around double battles which might be a bother.
>>
>>26496264
>hating the man who singlehandedly found 100 new species of Pokémon and got ignored by Oak

He's an unsung hero.
>>
>>26496100
Play Coliseum and find out.
>>
>>26496150
Because GF is lazy and doesn't want to change the code for battle. The battle automatically ends when you catch a Pokemon. If you use a cheat device to catch trainer Pokemon, the battle automatically ends no matter how many they have left.
>>
>>26496301
>The downside would be that every pokémon would have to be built around double battles
Eh, not true. Most pokemon used in VGC aren't "built" for doubles inherently, though I think most Pokemon, moves, etc. are "balanced" around VGC already anyway. I don't think there's any "single battle only" abilities, but there are a number of doubles only abilities that are useless in the main game. I actually think it's an interesting concept to have "official" battles be doubles format in-game to emulate the official tournament format. I doubt they'd ever do it nowadays though, the way the ingame is set up is already so ingrained I can't imagine it changed.
>>
>>26496311
Didn't say I hated, just that he was the worst.
>Singlehandedly found 100 new species of Pokemon
As far as I recall he only "singlehandedly" discovered the existence of eggs/baby Pokemon, and even then he was only tipped off by Mr. Pokemon, and Oak got to him first. Elm is the worst.
>>
>>26496324
But amateurs can and have done it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEb4NjiNQCw
>>
>>26496156
Whenever I see people Talk about XD I think they are doing the stupid emoticon thing. Makes you look like a fag.
>>
>>26496248
this.

double battles might be fun, but maybe in a different game mode. it would be weird to have the defining games in the series be restricted to only one format.
the novelty of double battles wears off rather quick. but if it were an option at the start of the game perhaps to make all trainers use ace-trainer AI and teams, then it might be interesting.

singles has such little depth, there's no way a decent hard mode can be made with it. but doubles are monotonous and only serve to please the battle-savvy.
remember the games are more than just battling. it's pretty clear gamefreak values novelty over skill. maybe if we get another Genius Sonority spin-off you might have fun there.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.