[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most polished & fun GBA romhack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

What's the most polished & fun GBA romhack?
>>
Why is arceus so FAT?
>>
>>26495734
he has sweet fertile eggies in his tumtum
>>
>>26495751
a-anon you're gonna kill me here
>>
>>26495700
Gaia isn't finished but the current beta is polished as hell, only ran into a couple glitches playing it that got immediately fixed after mentioning it, it's constantly maintained when a problem arises.
>>
Is Light Platinum even any good?
>>
>>26495912
I haven't played it but I hear it's okay, overrated by places like Pokécommunity but a lot better than shit like Ruby Destiny.

Plus the author is the only guy actively moving NDS hacking forward, since he's remaking the game in HGSS's engine, so I have to like him on that front.
>>
>>26495955
he's not remaking it tho, another guy is doing that with his permission.
>>
moemon

just some plain sprite changes, but i had my fun with it
>>
Pokemon Gaia
>>
Piggybacking: What romhack has the most fun/interesting trainer battles without being crammed with new mechanics and gimmicks?
>>
Brown and Prism(STILL unfinished I believe).
Everything else sucks unless it's just gameplay changes.
>>
>>26495700
GBA hacking is garbage. Do a little research into the DS hacking scene.
>>
File: 1455925011462.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1455925011462.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
>>26495912
It's decent. The story is terrible, but it does have a lot to do and the pokemon selection is alright.
>>26498710
I actually agree with this person the most. Pokemon Brown and Prism, though with flaws, do feel the most like a real pokemon game.
I believe there was another pokemon gbc called dark energy or something.

Head over to /heg/ >>>26401101
They have a good list of notable rom hacks.
http://pastebin.com/hMRJR8KX
>>
Vega is an interesting one. It's a very well made and polished hack that has a comfy winter region, competent fakemon mixed in some existing mons, and an okay story with good dialogue that actually feels more authentic to me than Brown (main character doesn't speak, no typos or grammar errors, no cringe like that Red Prism Ranger or w/e, etc). The game even makes battles harder by giving the mons of gym leaders and other key trainers excellent coverage and even the occasional strategy (first gym leader's trump card tries to put you to sleep so it can buff itself up for example).

The only problem is the brutal level curve. The gym leaders' godly coverage is fine on paper, but when combined with higher levels for gym mons (3rd gym's trump card is level 30 vs. Lt. Surge's lv. 24 Raichu) and the lousy xp you get from wild pokemon you'll be in for a shitload of grinding.
>>
>>26498806
If we're bringing up good GB and GBC hacks, Pokémon Maize is great, not finished but it's vanilla in gameplay other than adding mechanics from later games like the split. I especially like the art direction, which aims to be exactly like Gen 1 down to using 24x24 backsprites and making new ones for newer Pokémon when every other Gen 1 hack nowadays upgrades to 48x48 backsprites.
>>
Overall I think Glazed is the best. Good starters and early pokemon with a long story and challenge throughout.

>>26498664
It'd be damn near perfect were it finished.
>>
Quartz
>>
Cloud White
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.