[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is she right /vp/? Yes, I know the type system doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: The truth about Pokemon.jpg (313KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
The truth about Pokemon.jpg
313KB, 900x1350px
Is she right /vp/?

Yes, I know the type system doesn't work like that.
>>
>>26490910
Yeah. Pokemon rip-offs tend to imba as fuck
>>
>>26490910
What type would Anais be?
>>
>>26491001
Smart type.
>>
>>26490910
Kinda wierd, I figure gumball would make a parody closer to the real thing
>>
>>26490910
Full preview for those who care
>http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/the-amazing-world-of-gumball-cheat-code-ogn-boom-studios-2016
>>
>>26490910
>the game balance is so shit that even unrelated cartoon series are calling it out on it

Gamefreak, just rework the type matchups for the weakest types at the very least in Pokemon for Generation 7, and don't you dare try and do so by introducing a new type.
>>
>>26491135
>not wanting more types
>>
>>26491112
The artwork could use a little help, but it looks good so far. I could easily see Anais as your average /vp/ poster
>>
>>26490910
This is a wonderful show. I wish it caught on instead of shit like Adventure Time or Steven Universe.
>>
>>26490910
>all pokemon narratives are about just loving your pokemon, adventuring with the ones you care about and pursuing your dreams

>Every second of gameplay is the exact opposite
Come on GF
>>
>>26492365
But then you'd bitch about Gumball being super popular if it were on the level of those two.

Don't try to deny it.
>>
>>26492527
Those shows problem isn't their popularity. Gumball is actually hilarious while Adventure Time is a visual interpretation of autism and Steven Universe is one giant Tumblr pander.
>>
>>26492545
>autism
>tumblr
How do you expect your opinion to be taken seriously when all you do is parrot buzzwords?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but god you're a fag.
>>
>>26492588
Woah, sorry, should've made a trigger warning.

Don't think of them as buzzwords, think of them as a synopsis.
>>
>>26492365
Gumball has an incredible aesthetic, but it hasn't got the continuity of the other two.

That said, Adventure Time has been shit ever since Finn stopped being a goofy little boy and became an angsty pre-teen
>>
>>26492608
>gets called out for using buzzwords
>immediate resorts to "muh trigger warning!"

You're not very bright, are you?
>>
>>26492545
>Adventure Time is autism
Not even sort of. The show has its share of problems, and a lot of that is the HAHA SO RANDUMB humor and hamfisted attempts at more substantial plot than the humor, but it has nothing to do with either actual autism or 4chan-shitposting-flavor autism. Criticize accurately.

>Steven Universe is Tumblr pandering
See, this is fair. I like the show and I can't even disagree with that.
>>
>>26492643
That's true, it's more focused on S.O.L than telling an actual narrative.

>>26492653
I guess not. You win the Internet argument.
>>
>>26492676
Adventure Time LOOKS like autism. It's actually decent if you can stomach the lolrandumb.
>>
>>>/co/
>>
File: Driftveil City.png (506KB, 516x459px) Image search: [Google]
Driftveil City.png
506KB, 516x459px
>>26492365
>>26491112
I always love when a Pokemon reference uses something other than Gen 1.
>>
>>26492365
>Manyakis
no thanks.
>>
File: Clay.png (44KB, 550x706px) Image search: [Google]
Clay.png
44KB, 550x706px
>>26493142
>Driftveil City.png
>You need to be at least Level 35 to get there
Huh, they're actually right.
>>
>>26492676
Gumball is just as tumblr or culturally Marxist as SU
>interspecies family
>the males, of three different species, are all dumb as rocks
>adopted niglet fish
>the females are the smart ones and have to fix the messes of the dumb guys
The only missing Marxist aspect is lgtbbq-ism
>>
>>26493265
10/10
>>
>>26493292
Bullshit, they don't even address or mention those points. It's only a problem when those traits are the focus of the series/episode. You're looking too hard into it.
>>26493265
>having a lvl49 water-type against a ground gym
Wew
>>
>>26490910
Does this fucking retard even game theory? Grass should still beat water type since plants intake H2O and break it apart and since every element has a weakness there should still be a nontrivial equilibrium which means water is not overpowered.
>>
>>26493587
Also water should also be weak to electricity because of electrolysis.
>>
>>26490910
cool pic
check filename
>>
File: smogon.jpg (449KB, 900x1306px) Image search: [Google]
smogon.jpg
449KB, 900x1306px
>>26493613
forgot pic,my bad
>>
File: consider the following.png (385KB, 999x699px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
385KB, 999x699px
>>26492545
My problem with adventure time is less autism and more ADHD. It tries to create a big fancy world and draws all these plot lines but then never fucking does anything with them, or completely forgets about them until a few seasons later when they aren't relevant any more. It also suffers from bad pacing problems.

I like SU more but it's still not great. The show does "long overarcing story but still staying episodic" well, and pretty much all of the main characters have gotten significant character development, but steven himself is just so annoying it's hard to enjoy the rest.

Seasons 1 and 2 of gumball were fantastic, with great jokes and even greater pacing, but recent episodes just keep falling flat or don't go anywhere. I hope it gets ended soon just so it doesn't turn into a walking corpse like modern spongebob or the PPG reboot.
>>
>>26492545
>Adventure Time
>Autism

I'd argue with you due to the show not being half-bad and being, but Ward fucked up since he has no idea what a story arc is or how to make people not lose interest in it.

>Steven Universe
>tumblr

I like the show, but this is true.
>>
>>26493639
Season Four of Gumball is great.

The episode they did with the baby turtles was great.
>>
It's like a /co/ thread on /vp/
>>
>>26493639
maybe don't watch shows for kids then. they're always going to be stupid
>>
>>26493639
What about Regular Show?
>>
>>26497495
The Amazing World of gumball >>> Steven Universe > Adventure Time >>>>>> Regular Show

That show is so cringy and boring, I guess the awkwardness and teen angst is what made it catch on, but it's such shit.
>>
File: 1463899453381.png (338KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
1463899453381.png
338KB, 500x563px
Is gumball still alright currently? Is it?
>>
>>26497643
I assumed regular show got popular because dumb stoners are incapable of understanding jokes and just wanted to watch people being stupid for 30 minutes.
>>
>>26498297
Yes
>>
>>26492365
>I wish it caught on
What? It seems pretty popular
>>
>>26492588
>buzzwords
buzzword is a buzzword, anon.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.