[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think of this gen 4 pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: gggggggggggggggggggg.png (61KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
gggggggggggggggggggg.png
61KB, 250x250px
yesterday was the Torterra line, and today we will be talking about Infernape

Infernape, to me, is the easy mode starter. It has sweeper stats and can go physical, special or mixed. Its movepool is pretty decent too. The fire/fighting typing is unimaginative but fitting. I personally like Monferno more than Infernape for some reason
>>
>>26481322
Tasteless and pretty boring. Never really was a fan of monkeys, too but I understand why people would like it
>>
It did the fire fighting better than blaziken imo, really great designs
>>
>>26481322
The Monkey King was a hothead that spat in the face of the gods. It makes sense for Infernape to be a fast but frail bruiser.
>>
>>26481322
Wait, we just did Volcarona, did we finished with gen5 or are you another guy making the same with gen4?
If it's the late fuck you, wasn't prepared and missed my second favorite pokemon and there's no archive to read it.
>>
He always struck me as kinda evil in his sprite.
I feel the model does him more justice. At least when he's on my side.

Otherwise, I really like him. I've always played hyperaggressively and he fits that style to a T.
Design is simple, but effective. I wouldn't hold it against anyone calling it 'boring'.
>>
File: 1460875287189.png (2MB, 1871x1710px) Image search: [Google]
1460875287189.png
2MB, 1871x1710px
Too similar to Blaziken stat-wise. Other than that it's pretty cool.
>>
Easy modo starters

>Venusaur
>Typhlosion
>Swampert
>Infernape
>Samurott
>Greninja

Although to be honest, all the gen 4 starters are quite easy to use.
>>
>>26481673
My second favorite starter
>>
My favorite fire starter line
>>
the only fire type in dppt, you don't exactly have a choice.
>>
>>26482589
Holy shit, the starter is the only fire type in the game???
>>
>>26482631
Your other choice is Rapidash
>>
>>26482631
only in Diamond and Pearl. Platinum fixed it by adding Flareon and Magmar line.
>>
I always had an irrational hatred for this guy. I think it's the shape of his face that irks me.
>>
>>26482672
>>26482631
They fixed it in platinum, adding Flareon, Magmortar, and Houndoom
>>
>>26482684
And Houndour.
>>
>>26482672
I just booted up my old game and sure enough, there's a Rapidash on my team.

>>26482684
>>26482706
Damn, I cant believe they screwed up like that.
>>
>>26482706
>>26482684
well, that's what I said, only fire type available.

not that I would ever play those things again when I can play X.
>>
Favourite Sinnoh starter and 4th favorite starter overall. That being said I hate Chimchar and Monferno is ugly.
>>
I'm a fan of all the gen 4 starters, especially Infernape. I dig the whole Journey to the West vibe, and he's in general a great pokemon that's fun to use.
>>
>>26481322
I love them. Chimchar is definitely one of my favorite starters and Monferno isn't even a bad Mid Stage. Not to mention getting Close Combat as soon as you evolve into Infernape is fucking God-Like
>>
>>26482759
You included Platinum in you statement, ence you were wrong and still claim to be right.
Also Pt/HGSS are worthy of a replay.
I hope if they ever make a DPPt remake they make i like Platinum and expand Partnerships.
>>
>>26482794
to be clear, you won't see any rapidash, flareon, houndoom or even magmortar in any team I play. when you say "flareon has no moves" you don't literally say that flareon cant learn any move at all, you just say it can't learn any useful move.

in the same spirit, there is no usefull fire type other than blaziken clone in dppt.

on an other note, those games sucks, not only because the E4 fire guy don't have a choice but mainly because the map is a pain to travel through, the story sucks and the whole game is sluggish as hell.
>>
File: image.png (845B, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
845B, 64x64px
It makes sense that the tropical region has no Ice types, and that the cold region has no Fire types.
Having Elite Four members for these regions based on this idea, is the irony funny and tounge-in-cheek, or does it come off as outright distateful?
>>
>>26481322
Only starter where I hate every mon in its line.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.