[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Improbable things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: Shiny1.jpg (57KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny1.jpg
57KB, 720x960px
What are the most RNG-unlikely things that you have ever done while playing Pokemon, /vp/?
Earlier, I caught two shiny Dittos with only one encounter separating them.
Pic related, Ditto 1
>>
>>26478057
I've gotten Pokerus twice.
I also got a modest shiny Vanillite with a 31 in special attack while horde training, and then got another one within 30 minutes.
>>
I had a similar thing happen in friend safari except they were maybe 5-7 encounters apart
>>
It took me about 1500 eggs to get a shiny pidgey.

I immediately started work on Growlithe after and it was the first egg.
>>
File: Shiny2.jpg (70KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny2.jpg
70KB, 720x960px
>>26478057
And shiny number 2
I was attempting to chain for the Dexnav, so I know that increases the chances, but these were my first and third encounters, respectively. I don't even have a shiny charm.

Additionally, back in Yellow, I caught Articuno with a Pokeball on the first turn. That probably surprised me more than this did.

>>26478105
Do you have a shiny charm? Sounds like you actually got both pretty quickly if you don't.
>>
When I was replaying Platinum about a year ago. I was level grinding in Victory Road, and encountered a shiny Graveler, and then a shiny Onix less than an hour later.

I've been playing Pokemon since 1998 (and games where you could actually get shinies since 2001), and I've only ever found one other shiny in the wild, a Paras in Soul Silver back in like 2011. Go figure.
>>
>>26478176
Also, fun fact about the Paras: When I caught it, I had the sound off and wasn't paying attention, so I had no idea it was a shiny until I checked my PC box later.
>>
>>26478152
10/10 name
>>
>>26478152
I do have the shiny charm. Just threw me for a loop because I've hatched a bunch before but never in just 1 egg
>>
>>
>>26478057
I hit Focus Blast three times in a row.
>>
Shiny Startly on Pokemon Diamond day of US release with like 10-15 minutes in game playtime. Probably one of the first people to get a shiny for that gen.
>>
>>26478415
... in the US.
>>
>>26478492
That's obvious for anyone who read that post. The only reason I put "day of US release" was because I wanted to inb4 this post.
>>
>>26478057
I got Pokerus from the Sudowoodo in HGSS.
>>
I got a HA Ditto with 30 HP IVs my first time in the Giant Chasm Grotto.
>>
>>26478506
My bad
>>
>>26478281
Lies
>>
Was chaining for shinies in pearl and I went into a normal shaking patch and the pokemon was a shiny, not that exciting but certainly surprising
>>
I'm trying to remember something very lucky/improbable that happened to me..
Nope nothing so far except for a few shinies
>>
>>26478554
I almost got trips.. Dammit why must life hate me
>>
I got a good pokemon on wondertrade
>>
>>26478533
>only 30
into the trash it goes
>>
I got a Yveltal on wonder trade for my ralts
>>
missed leech seed 9 times in a row
>>
>>26478057
I caught a 6IV ditto in HG/SS 4 years ago, didn't know it until last week when I took it out of the Pokemon Bank.

Also, AS Lugia showed up shiny and was 5IV first try. The stat that wasn't perfect was attack :O
>>
>>26478057
I was in a double battle, down to just my Crobat versus a Lugia and Mewtwo, 1v2, both of them at full health.

Through the most bullshit RNG nonsense, Squibbles the Crobat flinched and confused the almighty shit out of both of them and won the match.
>>
Failed to capture a Mewtwo with a Master Ball
It actually has a 0.01% chance of missing or something
>>
>>26478057
Beat the subway bosses because they actually missed an attack once and didn't crit on every single turn.
I only missed both their pokemon with hone claws boosted rock slides three turns in a row too!
>>
>>26478589
>Only on first generation apparently, 1 in like 60000 chance, approx 8x rarer of an event than finding a shiny pokemon. Also requires a pokemon to have full hp, no status effects, and a low catch rate.

Congrats! ... oh...
>>
Got Pokérus randomly for the first and only time in the same game I found my only random shiny. That's about it.
>>
>>26478091
I think this happened to me too. I got pokerus pretty early in the game before I ever found a shiny. I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Eventually I just got tired of it and quarantined all of the infected pokemon in the box. Recently I was leveling some pokemon and didn't notice my whole team was infected. There is a chance I got it from a pokemon that was already infected in my party but I couldn't figure it out. I figured there was a small chance I caught it again. Pissed me off since I didn't want it on any of the pokemon on my party. Had to quarantine the whole party.
>>
>>26478628
Yeah I got pokemon red on the virtual console for old times' sake.
Gen 1 sucks donkey ass.
>>
I have been paralyzed five times in a row
>>
Starter Froakie with 31 IV special attack and 30 IV Speed.
>>
>>26478152
best name
>>
Seven random shinies, three in nuzlocke runs.

Got the Pokérus four times without trading: Ruby, Gold, White nuzlocke and White 2 nuzlocke.

Got a Master ball at the lottery in Diamond thanks to a japanese Torterra.

Lastly, I got a 31 SpA Rash Lanturn in my Heartgold nuzlocke. Such a shame it died.

The only thing I haven't seen yet is Mirage Island in Gen III
>>
>>26480012
I forgot, I also got a Xerneas on Wonder trade
>>
Got to Ambrette Town on my first run of Y, used rock smash, very first pokemon I find is a shiny Binacle. It was actually my first random encounter shiny.
>>
I beat Pike Queen Lucy by freezing her Milotic with mine for over 20 turns with only surf and ice beam remaining to hit with. If she thawed she would have used rest and I'd run out of PP and struggle.

I fully expected to be screwed but luck was on my side.
>>
>>26478057
Similar story, bit with unowns in oras. Took me 6 months to get to their mirage zone, and I got two shinies while I looked for the 28 forms. Specifically, O and ?
>>
>>26478057
Me and a pal do shiny hunts at my place every so often, but we decided to step it up from breeding and catch a shiny of every legendary ORAS has to offer. I was resetting for Entei. We sometimes claim that we got it to troll each other just for the heck of it. Not sure what overcame me that time, but I walked up to him and shoved the 3DS in his face saying "This one is going to be it." Pressed the a button to initiate the encounter, and my place turned into a monkey cage the next second. Nobody will ever believe us, but that shit was amazing.
>>
>>26478057
Shiny seeds come in batches. If you find one, assuming you don't mess the IV and/or the PID frame too much, you can trigger up to three or four in a row (especially if using the Pokeradar, you can trigger up to four shiny patches at once).
>>
>>26478637
I know that my cases were completely unrelated, because one was in a Gen 3 game and the other was in White 2. Pretty incredible that you'd get it twice in the same game.
>>
>>26478057
Back in HeartGold I caught a shiny Pidgey that was infected with pokerus in Route 6,
I probably wasted all my RNG luck with that single encounter.
>>
Surskitt lvl 3 with Hydro pump
>>
>>26480012
Are your Gen III batteries dead? If they are you'll never see Mirage Island if the clock didn't stop when it was accessible.
>>
Caught Mewtwo in a Pokeball by accident.
>>
>>26480940
Yes, both in Ruby and Emerald, but according to this: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mirage_Island

>Whenever "Mirage Island Bytes" are generated, they will not change within the time they are valid, and the player is able to freely move Pokémon from the boxes to the party or vice-versa until a Pokémon that has a matching personality value to the "Mirage Island Bytes" is found and the Mirage Island appears.

>if a game is started while the internal battery is dead the Mirage Island Bytes will be set to 0

So, because of this, wouldn't be possible to access Mirage Island by somehow catching a Pokémon whose first two personality bytes are 0? (I mean, that would be extremely unlikely, but still possible)
>>
After literally thousands of hours across every pokemon game, thousands of eggs and countless encounters, I have never seen a shiny that wasn't an event.
Alternatively, yesterday I went over 200 wild encounters in an area with a 20% encounter rate for the pokemon I wanted, and never saw it. It still shows it as a silhouette on dexnav, rip.
>>
>>26478275

I feel sorry for the fucker that caught it, the Gen III Roaming Pokemon IV bug is a bitch.
>>
I found a shiny Onix after I ran out of poke balls in a cave. Wouldn't be surprised if they upped the encounter ratio in those cases desu
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.