[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unexpected Bros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 25

File: fucking dog.png (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
fucking dog.png
47KB, 250x250px
Who are your unexpected Bros /vp/?
How did they become your bros and how has your view on them changed since becoming a bro?

My Grandma's fucking dog pretty much carried me in my Black 2 Challenge Nuzlocke, can't believe the coverage it got. Unfortunately Shauntal sent him to the farm and he didn't see the Champion. But now I always use him BW/2 playthroughs.

The dog in XY also pretty big bro material
>>
File: 1455718314195.jpg (180KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1455718314195.jpg
180KB, 800x800px
Gen 5 is a gen filled with unexpected bros.
>>
File: Wigglytuff.jpg (66KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
Wigglytuff.jpg
66KB, 600x700px
Wigglytuff 100%
I had a day where I kept sweeping my friends with it in Stadium 2. Ended up using one later in Sapphire and it was a rape machine. Too bad it sucks competitively, but a total bro in casual play.

Scrafty, Stoutland, Electabuzz, and Heracross also get shoutouts.
>>
File: piggy.png (66KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
piggy.png
66KB, 500x246px
This motherfucker here helped me a lot when i was doing a sapphire nuzlocke.

When he rebounded Tate's Solrock's Hypnosis with Magic Coat, it was instalove.
>>
File: HypnoandLeaf.jpg (93KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
HypnoandLeaf.jpg
93KB, 600x600px
This niggah right here.
I originally just knew Drowzee and Hypno as "those pedo 'mons" until I caught one outside Vermillion City and put on the team just for the hell of it. Turned out his hypnosis very useful for catching wild mons, and absolutely raped everyone in Koga's gym. I kept him with me 'til the end.
>>
Swampert.
It felt like a mistake to pick mudkip but, after awhile (after training it up to lv36) I was overwhelmed, it was pretty fucking amazing! Ever since that day I've always had a swampert in my team.
>>
File: image.jpg (660KB, 2157x1757px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
660KB, 2157x1757px
>>26476532
This.

I've been using this guy on most every team since VGC 2011. He's so fun, and can do a variety of neat things.
>>
Azumarill in Emerald. I put one in the daycare for the hell of it, and took her out because all of my Pokemon were way lower-levelled than the Elite 4, and she was pretty much my highest leveled Pokemon. I never ended up beating the game, but she got me past the first member.
>>
>>26476652
I used one in a Blue Nuzlocke and he was great. He actually had a usable movepool, and destroyed early on. He died at Lance though. Rest in peace, Sleepy.
>>
Skuntank when playing Diamond for the first time. Have been my bro ever since
>>
File: hrduckinstunk.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hrduckinstunk.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
helped me through...platinum? I think. Surprisingly alright at most things.
>>
File: Shedinja.png (61KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Shedinja.png
61KB, 250x250px
Shedinja. Had him on my team, all of my bros got wasted by a gym leader. He was the last one left. Oh great, I thought.

but this crazy bastard's wonder guard rendered him invulnerable. Bit by bit he Shadow Sneak'd away at the opponents until there were none left, all by himself.

Since then he's been a permanent member and we're happy to have him
>>
File: Azumarill.jpg (8KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
Azumarill.jpg
8KB, 224x224px
>>26476320
Played an Emerald Nuzlocke and picked up a Marill. I thought it was gonna be bagage, but then I watched him destroy the first gym and he came with me all the way to the champion.
>>
File: carbink.png (61KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
carbink.png
61KB, 250x250px
Wanted to use a fairy type but all the others seemed to be be obvious choices. Since it doesn't appear later in the game, it was underleveled at the E4 but wrecked everything.
>>
File: vanilluxe_by_xous54-d3ffl6s.png (114KB, 391x561px) Image search: [Google]
vanilluxe_by_xous54-d3ffl6s.png
114KB, 391x561px
>going through a play through of gen 5
>get a vanillite for pokedex reasons
> underleveled, fighting the ground type gym
>MOPS THE FUCKING FLOOR WITH HIM
>PROCEEDS TO HAND GYMLEADERS ASSES TO THEM
>OHKOS N's ZEKROM
>OHKOS GHETSIS's HYDREIGON

I WAS SO WRONG TO HATE THE ICECREAM CONE
>>
>>26476565
>sucks competitively
its funny because, with its ability Competitive, its actually a pretty good Intimidate counter. Got a lot of traction in Korean regionals for VGC 2015.
>>
File: 250px-405Luxray.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-405Luxray.png
51KB, 250x250px
i always had a weak spot for catmons and dogmons since i had a lot of pets. The only catmon i disliked was purugly. Luxray in game is god-like and i put 6 luxrays in AG and it works(although an excadrill ko's it)
>>
>>26476320
>Buy Black 2 after not playing Pokemon for awhile, last game was HG/SS near release
>Getting way into Pokemon, but not too far into the game yet, was going to catch a Riolu in the barn area
>3rd encounter is a shiny fucking Lillipup
>Think fuck it and have my first pokemon be a shiny dog
>have a fucking badass green/yellow packers dog and he stays great throughout the entire game

Fucking love that dog.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 671x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 671x650px
Altaria saved me in so many clutch moments in colosseum.

Dragon is a rare typing in colosseum, it knew sing to help snag shadows, plus it had a great move pool and could take a hit. My Altaria, 10 levels under a cpu altaria, completely trashed it.
>>
>>26478300
This and hawlucha were my highlights of XY, discovering them was so exciting and they are in my top 10 pokemon
>>
File: 1403500004351.jpg (79KB, 500x663px) Image search: [Google]
1403500004351.jpg
79KB, 500x663px
useless and shy and weak
just like me
>>
>>26478334
This is probably my favorite post in /vp/ in a long time. You can feel his excitement as he went cold creamery on everyone with a double scoop vanilla sprinkle sundae.
>>
File: 248-Tyranitar.png (52KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
248-Tyranitar.png
52KB, 300x235px
>wow he's a fucking slug
>4x weak to fighting? worthless
What a fucking retard I was as a kid.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 460x429px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 460x429px
>>26476320
>Headbutting trees in Azalea for Heracross
>Third or Fourth Spearow pops out
>Suddenly Aipom pops out
>"Oh shit they got Aipoms in here?"

He's been on the team ever since. Ambipom is seriously cool as hell especially since my mom bought the Silk Scarf with my money. Hopefully I can finish Soul Silver soon and see this guy in the Hall of Fame.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 246x205px
My mom's tortoise is currently the backbone of my Y nuzlocke. He's too fucking tanky to die to anything. With protect/iron defense and a rocky helmet the enemy usually kills themselves like dumbasses. His name is Roastie
>>
File: nidoking.png (148KB, 450x389px) Image search: [Google]
nidoking.png
148KB, 450x389px
I've always know that Nidoking is a great Pokemon, but using one and having it carry me throughout my last Crystal Nuzlocke proved it. I taught it Ice and Thunder Punch for amazing coverage. Later I gave it the Earthquake TM and there was no stopping him.

He solo'd Red for me. I just set up some X-Items against his Pikachu which couldn't touch him. Some might consider this cheap, but I didn't care. I wanted to win. Also fuck grinding my entire team to that high of a level when I was playing on a cartridge and my GBA SP.
>>
File: Slowbro.png (39KB, 696x776px) Image search: [Google]
Slowbro.png
39KB, 696x776px
>use it as surf whore
>go into cave
>rape geodudes
>rape golbats
>immune to that one surviving golbat trying to confuse
>bulky as FUCK
slowBRO since fucking gen1
>>
>>26476320
>The dog in XY also pretty big bro material
The starter or the poodle? :^)
>>
File: 679672_1301778066171_full.png (495KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
679672_1301778066171_full.png
495KB, 800x450px
>>26476320
>stoutland
this.
I used pic related in my first playthough of white and have loved it ever since. definitely in my top 10 pokes of all time.
>>
>Pokemon Gale of Darkness
>Bout to choose thunder stone for starter Eevee
>suddenly having second thoughts
>What if I choose Fire Stone?
>Got it sure
>looks even fluffier than in Pokemon Stadium
>not great in the beginning, often switched out
>getting bogged down by all the Cipher peons, switch to Flareon starting
>Sweep
>Sweep
>Sweep
>MonkeyBoss? Nope, sweeped

started making it a point to get an flareon in all of my pokemon games as soon as I could. Especially fun in BW2.
>>
>>26483445
Forgot pic.
>>
>>26476320
I think I used the dog in my first team but I really fucking hate how it looks.
>>
File: 600px-500Emboar.png (288KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-500Emboar.png
288KB, 600x600px
>>26476320
>Do a White Nuzlocke
>Get to Ghetsis, lose 2 Pokemon fighting him including Zekrom.
>He finally unleashes his fucking Hydreigon
>None of my remaining pokes can possibly lay a dent in it except Emboar.
>Remember it knows Surf and will hit first.
>Go for a Hammer Arm anyway.
>If I survive I win if I don't Nuzlocke over.
>Hydreigon hits Surf. Emboar survives with 1 HP!
>Hammer Arm OHKO!
>Newfound respect for least favourite Unova starter.
>>
Recently started using this guy as my main.

People get so mad when the get sweeped by a butterfree, even more so when you one hit KO their unbound hoopa.
>>
Most of the Pokemon in here are severely underrated.
>>
File: 250px-407Roserade.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-407Roserade.png
48KB, 250x250px
>playing through pearl
>up til that point, had only been using my starter in previous games
>'maybe I should start training something else'
>caught budew since it complemented my chimchar
>does alright, not stellar but it kills my rivals piplup so I keep it on the team
>evolves into roselia
>suddenly melting shit left and right and healing with mega drain
>evolve into rosarade
>looks cool and fucks up shit even more

I've probably had a Rosarade in my teams the most of any pokemon. It just ends up in a lot of regonal pokedexes.
>>
File: 600px-561Sigilyph.png (173KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-561Sigilyph.png
173KB, 600x600px
Dis bitch.

>W2 Playthrough
>Used a shit ton of dream radar mons
>Gardevoir, Thundurus, and Dear Sigy
(Lucario, Liepard and Emboar for other 3)
>Started trend of naming important/fave mons after astronomic terms

Thundurus?
>Jupiter
Gardevoir?
>Venus
Sigilyph?
>Solana (Sol, Sun)

She was so fucking godtier at sweeping and rekking shit, she was like the motherly sun to my entire team, warming everyone with her light.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.