[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: GameProgression.png (65KB, 1301x653px) Image search: [Google]
GameProgression.png
65KB, 1301x653px
Thoughts?
>>
>>26471369
Huh.
>>
Johto lets you choose three paths
>>
BW Unova was shit
>>
Is Unova really that bad. Even Kalos the Nothing Region looks decent by comparison.
>>
>>26471399
This
>>
>Unova 1

J U S T
U
S
T
>>
>>26471369
I had fun walking across all of those lines.
>>
>>26471386
and yet no matter which one you choose the story is the same, Kanto also lets you choose the order of many gyms, sinnoh did as well
>>
>>26471401
No, but it's close. They forgot the "fly to Relic Castle, grab the stone, and move on with the plot" part, but it's otherwise entirely accurate.
>>
>>26471401
Kalos had a cool concept with the central town and multiple paths criss-crossing it. Unova was just a straight line.
>>
>>26471445
i hated every single second in lumiose that wasnt the gym battle and the boutique
>>
>>26471401
It removes minor backtracking to previous locations for plot purposes. So no Goldenrod Tower in Johto, no watching the submarine get stolen in Hoenn, no Cafe Lysandre/Geosenge hideout in Kalos, etc.
>>
> you dont have to revisit shitty towns
>People hate it
>>
File: Alola.jpg (178KB, 1188x754px) Image search: [Google]
Alola.jpg
178KB, 1188x754px
>>26471369
Alola is looking good.
>>
File: pk.png (51KB, 1301x653px) Image search: [Google]
pk.png
51KB, 1301x653px
fixed
>>
>>26471471
Lumiose's execution doesn't change the fact that the region as a whole had an okay layout due to it being the origin of many paths.
>>
>>26471509
Wonder what your favorite games were
>>
>>26471485
I have the fear that if it ends being multiple islands (most likely because the one they showed is awful small), they will just put 1 town and 1 'dungeon' (read: forest, cave, or evil team base/building) in each one of them.
>>
>>26471538
Games B2W2
Region Sinnoh
why?

>>26471567
You can already see 2 caves in the starting island
>>
>>26471369
You can easily point out the moment the series jumped shark
>>
>>26471567
The starting one already clearly shows that's not the case.
>>
>>26471386
Every game up to gen 5 gave you some freedom in what order you beat the gyms in.

Gen 1 let you battle Surge, Erika, Koga and Sabrina in any order, Blaine can be beaten any time after you beat Koga and can use Surf.

Gen 2 let you face Chuck, Jasmine and Pryce in any order. The Kanto gym leaders can also be beaten in any order.

Gen 3 let you skip Brawly and Winona until you reach the Pokemon League.

Gen 4 let you battle Fantina, Maylene and Wake in any order in Diamond and Pearl. I think Platinum may have forced you to beat Fantina third, I can't remember if it was compulsory.
>>
>>26471567
That one "leaked" fake Alola map consisting of nothing but straight paths chopped into tiny bits is what I fear the most

I wouldn't have a problem if it was side/postgame kind of area in style of Sevii Islands, but as it's own independent region it just wouldn't feel satisfying to traverse
>>
File: JUST.jpg (68KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
68KB, 472x472px
>>26471471
>that camera
>>
>>26471484
The enjoyment doesn't stem from visiting old towns, it comes from having many branching paths in the region (even if the order you must take them is not optional). Hoenn is a good example of this, every time you need to "backtrack", a new path/shortcut has opened up because you've acquired a new HM.

For instance, there are plenty of ways to cross from Western Hoenn (Petalburg + Rustboro) to Central Hoenn (Slateport + Mauville). You can either take the Northern path through Fallarbor, you can go through Rusturf Tunnel (available once you acquire Rock Smash), you can take the Southern route through Dewford (available via Mr Briney's boat or Surf) or you can take the shortcut north of Oldale (available once you have Surf as well). Even though you're technically revisiting places, it feels new each time. The only real backtracking Hoenn has is after you get Fly (so it doesn't feel like a chore at that point).
>>
>>26471471
Lumiose is a fucking mess.
They should at least have given you a map of the city.
>>
>>26471694
It wasn't that bad. Using the d-pad moves your character without moving the camera. Using the Circle Pad moves both the character and the camera.
>>
>>26471727
That's exactly what the taxis were for though. If you couldn't find your way around, you could just pay a small fee and have someone drop you off where you need to be.
>>
>>26471731
You snap to the grid with Dpad though. Still shit.
>>
>>26471580
>>26471594
well, of course they wouldn't show an almost empty island alone. But if there are in fact a main island and a bunch of smaller ones, they could easily do that.

Of course, this is just something I fear might happen. Not saying that it will.
>>
>>26471479
>It removes minor backtracking to previous locations for plot purposes.
Literally just replayed Black and there's about just as much backtracking as Sinnoh, this shit is retarded.
>>
>>26471509
This. I never see a corrected version of >>26471369 because BW's path is wrong.
>>
File: 1462732011443.jpg (57KB, 960x949px) Image search: [Google]
1462732011443.jpg
57KB, 960x949px
>>26471369
>That Unova
>>
>>26471509
By the time you backtrack to Relic Castle, you already have Fly, you're not required to walk the entire journey back and forth like you imply in the image. The OP image leaves out simple backtracks like this in all the routes (mentioned here >>26471479). Although the changes to Johto make sense.
>>
>>26471369
What pokémon will I summon with these sigils?
>>
>>26473711
iwata
>>
>>26471369
Thank you for reminding me why I never replay RSE.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.