[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 11

File: hgss.jpg (96KB, 570x350px) Image search: [Google]
hgss.jpg
96KB, 570x350px
Find a flaw.
>>
no crystal
>>
I can't.
The only flaw is that this thread is going to be filled to the brim with Hoennshitters screaming and crying.
>>
Most johto pokemon a shit.

That's about it really.
>>
Vanilla HGSS has terrible level scaling, but Sacred Gold/Storm Silver fixes that so it's basically the perfect Pokemon game.
>>
>>26468875
You forgot about the Unovabortions.
>>
>>26468912
But I am a Unovabortion. I'm just also a Johtoddler and a Sinnohfetus.
>>
>>26468927
I dont think you understand what that means
>>
Deathly bland selection of pokemon early game
>>
Absolute shit level scale. Otherwise these were perfect.
>>
>>26468860
Sure is fun to battle pokémon 15 levels lower than mine
>>
>>26468912
Pt, HGSS and BW/2 are the best Pokemon games.
>>
>>26468860
Your mother buying things every 5 minutes and calling to tell you.
>>
>>26468953
I felt horrible when I forgot to go back to tell my mother goodbye and she called me about it.
>>
>>26468860
>Weak story, team rocket is just kind of there
>pokewalker
>Ugly sprites
>Shitty starters
>>
>>26468940
Not him, but Gen 5 is my favorite gen but gen 4 is second best only because of how awful DP were I didn't touch the series until BW, where I loved the characters, then I found out there was stuff like that in plat+HGSS.
>>
Which Pokemon game has the best story, gameplay, pokemon, etc?
>>
>>26468991
BW.
>>
>>26468986
Yeah, Gen 4 really redeemed itself after DP, it's fortunate that 6 didn't get the same treatment
>>
>>26468991
>best story
BW2, in my opinion.
>gameplay
Platinum.
>pokemon
A mix of Johto and Unova.
>>
File: 1463153016929.jpg (106KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
1463153016929.jpg
106KB, 400x338px
>>26468875
>>26468912
>>26468927

GUIDE TO POKEPOSTERS:

Kantokids are the true patricians of /vp/. They grew up playing Pokemon since the beginning or at least near-beginning and oftentimes have an intimate knowledge of the series and great taste to boot. However, be warned: Genwunners are their retarded cousins, utterly convinced that Gen I remains the absolute pinnacle of the entire franchise and that every game afterwards was a downgrade. Learning to tell the difference between them is vital and important.

Johtotoddlers are the Great Value version of Kantokids, sometimes having good taste but lacking in sophistication compared to their older, more informed siblings. Many of them are capable of solid reasoning skills and can usually recognize a good Pokemon game when they see it. Trustworthy to a fault but not always right.

Hoennbabbies are the original shitposters. They were born too late to truly be viewed in any kind of positive light, were the first ones to spread copious amounts of autism throughout the board, and are generally responsible for the rise of HURRN CONFURRMED. Although they are hellspawn, it's possible for them to occasionally be right. Always exercise caution when approaching them.

Sinnohfetuses are absolute fucking cancer. Being either underage or literal newfags ranging from approximately 18-20 years old, they're responsible for the latest trash viewpoints that currently plague the community. It's particularly easy to spot them as they're frequently found raving about how Sinnoh (one of the most tedious overworlds in the series) is the best region as well as asserting that the massively disappointing Gen IV had the best Pokemon designs. They are almost never correct about anything. Avoid at all costs.

Unovabortions and Kalosperms are all currently underage posters. Report on sight.
>>
>>26468860
Easy. Bad Pokemon stats wise through most of the game, poor Pokemon selection as far as type balancing goes.
>>
>>26468998
>Sumo
>not an expansion of XY
Zygarde has more forms so it has to be
>>
>>26468991
>Story
BW/2

>Gameplay
XY
>>
>>26469009
>this delusion

Kalos objectively has the worst fanbase because nobody else before has been this mad about their gen ending.
>>
File: 1457647906323.jpg (93KB, 742x982px) Image search: [Google]
1457647906323.jpg
93KB, 742x982px
>>26469006
>Unovabortions and Kalosperms are all currently underage posters. Report on sight.
I'm 19.
>>
>>26469004
anon I love bw2 to death, but story is not one of its highlights
>>
>>26468991
>Story
BW
>Gameplay
BW2
>Pokemon
If you mean availability, BW2
>>
>>26469026
Then you would have been 9 when Diamond and Pearl came out, making you either a Hoennbaby or a Sinnohfetus.
>>
>>26468860
Bad level curve and music is just eh. That's literally it, everything else is great.
>>26468874
For all intents and purposes they are Crystal remakes.
>>26469023
>Kalos objectively has the worst fanbase because nobody else before has been this mad about their gen ending
>they're so mad they have to make shit up like "gen 6.5" to hide from the fact that gen 6 will go down in history as one of the worst gens
>>
>>26469023
You forgot gen 3
>>
>>26469031
I clearly said in my opinion, I'm sorry you can't read.
>>
>>26468912
Butthurt Sinnohfetus detected.

Sorry your region is shit.
>>
File: 1455603691057.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455603691057.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>26468982
>Shitty starters
Bruh you about to be ass blasted
>>
>>26468860
Gen 2 mons available only after beating the game

Gym leaders using mostly kanto mons, 4 of them as their aces even

Bad level curve forces you to grind, especially if you catch pokemon at an advanced point of the game since wild pokemon will be 10-20 levels lower than your team
>>
>>26469119
This. Johto has amazing starters designwise, even if only Totodile is very good.
>>
>>26469064
Guess I'm a Kantokid.

Maybe it's just me, but Gen 6 seemed to be doing great in the "Hype" department for a while. DESU, it could have been the early-game Kanto-pandering making me say this, but I digress. The enjoyment seemed to stay up until the ORAS remakes.

I think what went wrong was that they made ORAS MANDATORY to play if you wanted to stay relevant in the franchise. Exclusive megas, exclusive forms, exclusive features, etc. It was next to impossible to stay in X and Y if you wanted to stay relevant, which is sad. They could have just patched that shit in, but no, they had to just abandon it completely. They couldn't even announce a bridge game that would fix the issues, Yet...fingers still crossed, but doubts are still high

I still prefer X and Y to ORAS. Even though I liked the original hoenn, ORAS just left a bad after taste. I can't really explain why either. I enjoyed playing through it up until the very end-game. Even the Delta episode was a fun sit-through. But post-post game was just...bland.

I'm one of those "Gen-Equalist" fags who thinks the franchise as a whole is great. Each game having their strengths and weaknesses. But ORAS is definitely the one I enjoyed the least.

You know what I think it was? I think it's because it felt "Forced." I.E. everyone was screaming for the remake, it was the RSE's 10th anniversary at the time and they missed it, so they felt bad and rushed out the remake. And it shows. This game doesn't seem to have the passion that the other games did.
>>
>>26469102
What is it with unovabortions always bringing up gen 4 out of nowhere? You losers are so insecure.
>>
>>26468982(you)
>>
>>26469289
>You losers are so insecure

You brought up Gen 5 before anyone, so what does that make you? Super insecure? Neurotic?
>>
>>26469006
I really liked your guide but grouping Unovabortions and Kalosperm seems like a cop out
>>
>>26469075
Ehh Emerald was a nice way of going out.
>>
>>26469270
tl;dr lol
>>
>>26469309
I didn't bring up anything, that was my first post in the thread. I just notice Sinnoh is always brought up when someone says something negative about gen 5.
>>
>>26469270
I disliked ORAS a good amount so it prompted me to replay RS, yeah it's not good either. Props to ORAS explaining why Maxie and Archie wanted their goals and admins being better
>>
>>26468860

doesn't have every Pokémon in it.
>>
>>26469375
ORAS had DexNav at least.
>>
>>26468860
Hardly any gen 2 Pokemon in Johto, some being exclusive to the Kanto post game. Instead of fixing this problem from G/S, they decided to keep it that way and dilute every place with Gen 1 Pokemon.

For me, this made what should've been a fun run an absolute chore to go through with my limited options when I wanted to do a Gen 2 mons only run.
>>
>>26469944
To fair fair they did include some Johtomons in the Safari Zone.

Also, giving evos to previous shitmons(Yanma, Aipom, Piloswine) helped give the player more choice too.
>>
>>26468860
I really like them but I always miss the vs. Seeker and Pokenav, it's so practical.

The phone calls are okay and do some character development but they should have still allowed to set battles with the vs Seeker as option too.

At least unlike in Unova and Kalos you were actually able to get rematches in HGSS, FRLG, Platinum instead of the same dome bullshit, autistic breeders in Unova and FURTHERLY nerfed gym leaders teams in Kalos.
>>
>>26468860
Voltorb flip, following Pokémon and pokeatholon.
>>
>>26470575
Also Lance's full retard team members inte rematch, almost as bad as Steven Stone's rematch in ORAS, the E4 were better than ORAS in the rematch at least.

Seriously beside Garchomp, Gyarados, Charizard, his Dragonite was pure trash and useless after a Draco Meteor, then there was that Double Team + Perish Song Altaria...JUST! Offensive Carbink from ORAS and Hoenn E4 mega movesets tier.
>>
File: 1453974455243.png (760KB, 853x506px) Image search: [Google]
1453974455243.png
760KB, 853x506px
>>26470725
>following pokemon
>bad
>>
>>26468982
>Shitty starters
Unpopular opinion but I agree. Design-wise they're some of the best looking, but in terms of stats and movepools they're easily the worst.
>>
>>26469375
I think that's really unappreciated. I thought it was interesting that ORAS gave reasons for their plans rather than HURRR WATER BAD LAND GUD like fucking idiots. The plan was still the same and still fucking stupid but at least you can see some semblance of reasoning behind it now and it added a nice extra layer of duality between Aqua and Magma.
>>
>>26468860
>the same thread over and over again

>MUH LEVEL CURVE
>THAT DISTRIBUTION
>DP ENGINE XDXDXD
>EMPTY KANTO

They are top-notch game that fixed the fixable from the original games, which were excellent already. The pinnacle of the franchise among with BW2.
It's not perfect, like every other game but it's still super solid game, as I said. How remakes should be done, take note shitRAS
>>
>>26470902
don't forget that>>26468901 fills in the gaps
>>
>>26468860
Jolteon's front sprite
>>
>>26468901
>sacred
I don't like that the gym leaders all have 6 pokemon etc, it's such a difficulty jump that requires me to grind etc, or just get lucky, it's not fun.
>>
>>26469006
Just curious on where would i be put,
My first game was the Ruby Destiny hack, which i dropped after 2 badges and looked up "the first pokemon game" after which throughout 10 years i beat/played the games in this order
Red>Yellow>Gold>Blue>Crystal>Red again>Ruby>FireRed>Emerald>Diamond>Platinum>Black>Black2>X>LeafGreen just yesterday finished the kanto dex again

Maybe i missed a few playthroughs, but the point is I played them all in a way that I like to play most franchises, to see the progress of new instalments, plus I love replaying Kanto games for some reason, i feel like i beat red around five times on various different challanges
>>
File: 28624519_p0.jpg (177KB, 400x808px) Image search: [Google]
28624519_p0.jpg
177KB, 400x808px
I am a massive Johtobabby and I can point out several flaws.

>didn't fix the poor distribution of Pokemon
>didn't fix the poor distribution of TMs
>didn't fix the poor level scaling that starts right at Olivine Gym
>same admittedly weak Team Rocket storyline from GSC
>watered down Silver to almost cringe levels of pathetic
>Ethan/Lyra
>mandatory legendary battle

>HMs needed to get to Victory Road and Cinnbar Gym (small point but still a nuisance)

I could ignore the lack of TMs and Pokemon distribution in GSC because the Physical/Special split hadn't happened, but it's much more noticeable in HGSS. Still my favorite games in the entire franchise, though.

>>26468901
>>26471137
The Gym Leaders IMMEDIATELY having six Pokemon is fucking brutal, Falkner in particular is painful to endure, but once you get rolling those patches are nothing short of brilliant.
>>
>>26471188
>nothing sort of brilliant
Having played Eternal Ex, I disagree. I had to use o-powers to beat the gym leaders. Is that what people call fun? you have less options, you either get your perfect IVd pokemon ready with strategy's laid down before hand or you'll have to grind a couple of hours each gym. How's that fun?
>>
>>26471188
>victory road and an island require HMs
Color me surprised.
Rest is 30% of personal issues of yours, yep, this is falseflagging.
>>
Kantokid here. I'm currently playing SS, I've already played HG.

HGSS was pretty much the best remake. The only thing I really dislike is the music somehow not being as catchy as the GBC tunes. It's nice that you get the GBC music player later in the game, but it should have been at the beginning, else you might miss some tunes.

While we're at it, I don't dislike gen 6 as much as others, but I wish X/Y had a bigger end-game. ORAS could have been better, but I don't hate it. I just think it shouldn't have been so easy. The sky soaring was great, it freed me from having to use Fly and you can get tons of legendary pokemon not available in other gens.

One thing I wish that would come back from HGSS is the Pokemon following you. If the 3DS was more powerful, they could just use the battle models for the map models. But I guess that's not happening.
>>
File: 29888665_p2_master1200.jpg (285KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
29888665_p2_master1200.jpg
285KB, 480x480px
>>26471207
I'm talking about Storm Silver and Sacred Gold, I have no idea how the other ones play. The first two gyms are blatant bullshit (Swablu w/ Mental Herb and Solarbeam most of all) and I won't even attempt to deny it, but once you're past Bugsy things get to a comfortable difficulty level.

I thought they were pretty fun, anyway. Preference, I guess.

>>26471240
>he doesn't think my favorite game is perfect, clearly they must be waiting in disguise to get a reaction from me
Can you go be a victim somewhere else
>personal problems
Well, no shit. There's no such thing as an 'objective' flaw, they're all personal problems we have with the game in question. A wonky mechanic can be bad for one person and good for another, etc. I personally found things like Silver's dialogue being softened, and having to drop a teammate for an HM slave to get to a Gym with level 60~ Pokemon annoying, but I still love the games.
>>
empty region
>>
>>26471337
I wonder if we'll still have to deal with fucking HMs in Moon/Sun.

How have they not realized that everyone hates HMs? I mean sure, you can delete them, but only once you find the move deleter. I never understood why they're not deleteable. Maybe in GEN1/2 since everything was related somehow to the RNG, but now that's not how it works.
>>
>>26468860
>I have to beat the game before I can get a Houndoom.
>Near impossible to find a Snubbull.
>Cringeworthy "chosen one" kimono girl bullshit.
>>
>>26470725
>Following Pokémon
I've seen this repeatedly, I can get some people not finding it particularly fun but why the hell would anybody think it a bad thing? It was my favourite thing about HGSS, and was completely unobtrusive.
>>
>>26471577
I think it's a knee jerk reaction about people crying that it was removed. It's exactly like you say, totally unobtrusive, but it also not that great or important of feature, more a vanity thing than anything else. It wasn't bad buy people are probably just swinging in the opposite direction because of others giving it more credit than it probably deserves.
>>
>>26471608
It was a nice detail. Details like that one can only make a game better. I really enjoyed checking the Pokemon reactions to their environment and to you. And it was funny to go around with a fucking Ho-Oh following you like it was nothing.
>>
>>26468874
Almost everything from Crystal was in the game.

>>26468875
This

>>26468899
Invalid opinion.

>>26468901
>terrible level scaling
Sick of this meme.

"How to spot someone who doesn't know what they're talking about 101: They claim Johto's level scaling ruined the game"

>>26468927
You like the three best Regions/Gens? That's just called having taste my man.

>>26468945
>Wooper, Hoppip, Mareep, Heracross
>Bland
Those instantly came to my head, there's probably tons more if I spend time thinking on it

>>26468951
This is the objective truth.
>>
>>26468953
You can turn that off, you know that right? In fact, I think it's turned off by default. She asks you at the start if it'd be ok with her buying you shit, and unless you say yes, she never will.

>>26468986
Platinum being a fixed D/P kinda' makes D/P irrelevant though.

>>26468991
B/W best story, B2/W2 has the best Regional Dex though. Literally not debatable.
>>
>>26471877
>B/W best story
I love this meme.
>>
>>26469131
>Gen 2 mons available only after beating the game
A fair point

>Gym leaders using mostly kanto mons, 4 of them as their aces even
Gen 2 was a direct sequel, or maybe even more accurately, an expansion, of Gen 1. Most of the Dex is just Gen 1 leftovers. So that's why. Maybe they should have updated their teams? Debateble. They all have pretty great Post-Game rematch teams, so...

>Bad level curve forces you to grind
This however is a stupid meme. I've played Pokemon all my life. Each Gen at LEST 5 times each, with Gen 2 games probably being my most played, and I have not once ever felt like I needed to grind because of the level curve. I even experimented with doing Gyms in different orders (Gen 1 and 2 gave you a lot of freedom to do this which is awesome, and part of why the Johto level curve is the way it is)
>>
>>26469006
>kantokids
>patrician
>when they have the most rampant shitposters like mewtist
>>
>>26468875
>favorite region is Hoenn, but enjoy other games too
>must be associated with Hoennshitters
Oh joy.
>>
>>26469289
>unovabortions
You are aware that it's everyone that calls you sinnohshits out right?
Crying genwunner/johtoddler/hoenmbabby/unovabortion just makes it more apparant that you're the problem.
>>
>>26470157
>To fair fair they did include some Johtomons in the Safari Zone.
And most of them were unavailable without the stupid customization aspect.
>>
File: 1444191405488.jpg (72KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1444191405488.jpg
72KB, 500x376px
>>26469006
Daily reminder all Kantoddlers, Johtoddlers, and Hoenniggers are the cancer ruining this board. True patricians are Unovaboartions and Sinnohfetuses.
>>
>>26471577
>>26471608
>unobtrusive
>locks the last trainer card upgrade behind the shiny leaf RNG.
>>
>>26471893
The only one where they put in effort to make it stand out, and the only time post-Gen 3 where they tried to mix up the Villain motivations and outcomes regarding the Legendaries?

Yeah

The alternatives are;

>Team Rocket steals and hurts Pokémon, and you embarrass their boss to make him stop
Ok.

>Team Rocket torture Pokemon for personal gain, before taking over a city and trying to bring their boss out of retirement
Actually quite liked it.

>Team Magma want to expand the land, but get misguided and use a force they cant control to do so
Living in Hoenn, I can understand why.

>Team Aqua want to expand the seas and-
Stopped right there, batshit retarded from the beginning.

>Team Galactic bombs Sinnoh, while trying to gain control of the PokéGods, so Cyrus can reboot the world in his image
This was actually a pretty neat idea. Like a 2.0 of the Hoenn story.

>Team Flare wants to... Kill... Everything?
Awful execution, shitty team.

The story in Gen 5 however was interesting.

>Team Plasma believe that they are the heroes, and almost manage to convince the Region that they are justified, and doing whats best for Pokémon. N has been groomed to be a King-figure to everybody, while Ghetsis pulls strings in the background. Culminates with Plasma taking over the entire Pokémon League. You fight Legendary Dragons with N, and topple Ghetsis in his castle to save the Region.

>Two years later, Plasma has split down the middle in a civil war of ideals. The "bad" Plasma members return in revenge for what happened to Ghetsis. They capture Kyurem, and blast an entire city into an icicle to show their strength. You must stop Ghetsis, this time without the aid of any Legendary Dragon, to save the Region, in the franchises first, and only, 7-Pokemon fight. (Ghetsis fights you with Kyrem-B/Kyurem-W, and then switches to his full team of 6 Pokemon, without giving you a chance to heal)

>Memory Link allows you to get even more story content from the sequel.

So yeah
>>
>>26472001
Yeah, unobtrusive
>>
>>26471992
You're kidding right?
Sinnohfetuses are the biggest shitposters next to Johtoddlers as seen by this thread.
>>
Found a flaw.
Ho-Oh.
That was easy.
>>
>>26472010
>>Team Flare wants to... Kill... Everything?
>Awful execution, shitty team.
Most of Team Flare are just spoiled rich kids who wanted to be a part of the kool kids klib in the region most obsessed with power, money, and appearances, and dint actually know what their overall goals were, but if you actually care about the story you'd know it was not that simple and overly simplifying it to make it look stupid is not only itself stupid but really not necessary.
>>
>>26472025
I'm an 18 year old Sinnohfetus, but I've been lurking on vp for quite some time. It's kind of funny ranking autists on our own special /vp/ spectrum, but like not integrating anybody that wasn't around since the beginning is the best way to ensure the franchise dies a quick and painful death.

Also HG/SS was fun but I found Platinum a lot more fun particularly in post-game content.
>>
>>26472010
BW
>Evil McNasty exploits PETA
BW2
>Evil McNasty...freezes everything? So he can rule?
It was stupid. Gen 1, 2 and 4 were all better.
>>
>>26468860
FUCKING. SPAM. PHONE. CALLS.
>>
>>26472025
You must have misspelled Hoenniggers.
>>
>>26472069
But he's SO EVIL! He called his own son stupid! How can you even be that evil!
>>
>>26472069
t. Someone who has never played Gen V

>>26472078
>his own son
wew
>>
>>26472077
They've always been next no nonexistent especially after patternfags were btfod twice.
>>
>>26472087
>t. Someone who has never played Gen V
Yes I have, sorry buddy.
>>
Can anyone give good examples of Shinnohfetuses being more cancerous than the rest of /vp/ without resorting to 'hating anyone that isn't a super oldfag like me'
>>
>>26472087
>Actually being pedantic enough to nitpick that
So what do people call adopted children? Their houseslaves?
>>
>>26472025
Most gens shitpost fairly equally, but Unovafags are pretty clearly the worst.

The only good fanbases are Kalos (by virtue of not existing) and Orre__.
>>
File: 1458600942899.png (98KB, 393x363px) Image search: [Google]
1458600942899.png
98KB, 393x363px
ITT a LAN Party of oldfags trying to remain relevant despite their receding hairlines telling them otherwise
>>
>>26472069
>abuses his son and warps his perception of the world to make use of his odd ability and creates an organization where the front I'd rescuing pokemon to keep the public and his son in the dark and under his thumb.

>goes insane and threatens to take over the world by force even going so far as to make an attempt on the protag's life
Did you even play these games?
>>
>>26472048
Also I find it funny how much people Ibpresume ignore Team Flare's goals when the reason it was unclear is the exact same reason in DP-- Random Galactic Grunts didn't know what they were doing. Its the same with Team Flare. Why do people have to try so hard to find issue with XY's story/Team Flare in general when one of the plot devices is a fucking ancient superweapon in Pokemon?
>>
>>26472153
He's just shitposting, ignore him. Summer started early this year.
>>
>>26471992
Reminder that I'm naming Kantokids, Johtotoddlers, Hoennbabbies, Sinnohfetuses and so on after their age and the first games they were exposed to, not their favorite Gens.

I'm a Kantokid for example and my favorite is Unova.
>>
>>26468860
Ho-Oh.
>>
>>26472153
Wow, it's almost like you don't want to oversimplify the plot when it's the one you like.
>>
>>26472153
None of that is narratively impressive, and I summed up the story adequately with my previous post.
>>26472178
Epin.
>>
>>26472119
>Most gens shitpost fairly equally, but Unovafags are pretty clearly the worst.
Yeah no, at least they can come to terms with their games shortcomings, sinnohfetuses always try and pass off obvious flaws as challenges and what not as well as arbitrarily attacking any game that isnt gen 4
>>
File: 1445975081358.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1445975081358.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>26472190
Stop trying, dipshit.
>>
>>26472188
>>26472190
There's simplification and then there's removing important chunks of the story just to suit your personal agenda and give people who haven't played it an innacurate description.
>>
>>26472228
>Cyrus wants to be Jesus
>Team Flare wants to blow everything up
So these are not gross oversimplifications to you?
>>
>>26472228
It's not an inaccurate description, Evil McNasty exploits PETA in BW and becomes Mr Freeze in BW2 (sans the character development). N is near inconsequential, he's just the tool for the first of these goals. There was nothing narratively impressive about Daddy being mean to his son.
>>
>>26472276
>becomes Mr Freeze in BW2
You know, I legitimately didn't play BW2, what was the purpose of this? I knew he wanted to and did successfully freeze parts of the region but why? That's such a stupid plan.
>>
>>26472153
Has anime conditioned you into thinking that's a good story?
>>
>>26472194
This. Sinnohfetuses are honestly worse than fucking Hoennbabbies in regards to the lengths they will go to defend their shit region, and that's really saying something because Hoennbabbies normally go FAR.

Then again it's been a few years since Hoennbabbies were old enough to invade the board so now it's the Sinnohfetuses' turn since they're around 18 now unfortunately.
>>
>>26472276
>exploits PETA
That's more than enough to tell people that you haven't touched the games at all.
>>
>>26472308
He went insane and decided to take over by force using kyurem. Its not a hard thing to follow.
>>
>>26472329
Why? Because you don't like the oversimplification? Why is it okay for other games but not BW? That really is the gist of the story, at least as much as "Team Flare wants to blow up the world" is.
>>
>>26472252
Flare is, Galactic isn't seeing as that was all there was to Cyrus. He wanted to reshape the universe in his own image because he didn't accept/understand the current world.
>>
>>26472355
Because that's not how the game went maybe?
Your "simplification" not only removes important parts of the plot but gets the entirety of it wrong.
>>
>>26472349
So stupid plot is okay because he's insane? Most people would say Archie/Maxie were insane for wanting to do a pretty similar thing fucking with the environment. Does that make their stupid ass plan good?
>>
>>26472381
That wasn't how the game went for either of those other two. Are you stupid? Thats literally all it was. Evil guy tries to take over the region by misleading people about their Pokemon. I'm almost certain it was explicitly stated at one point Ed he wanted everyone to release their Pokemon so Team Plasma would btle the only ones who had them and he'd take over that way. Even typing it out is literally making me giggle because of how stupid that is.
>>
>>26472382
Dude, it's a direct sequel to Black and White.
You know, the game where his long thought out plan fell apart right before he sealed the deal?
If there's a reason behind the insanity then yes it makes it good.

If it's just arbitrary and random insanity then it's stupid.
>>
File: IMG_20140103_205739.jpg (757KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140103_205739.jpg
757KB, 2560x1920px
>>26472329
Just for you :^)

For the record, I quite like them too.
>>
The level curve wasn't fixed
>>
>>26472435
Giovanni didn't go insane and he was ruling over the Kanto region for a presumably long time before being taken out by Red. Are you seriously justifying that plot? Really dude?
>>
>>26468860
Level scaling, shitmon distribution, and you are forced to go face down your cover bird. Kanto was still flat and featureless.

One of the better pokemon games, make no mistake, but all of them have flaws
>>
>>26472447
Giovanni was a simple mob boss who didn't have anything on that scale or reached that far to his goal. He couldn't even steal a Pokeball when he took over a building.

You can't compare the two.
>>
>>26472447
>and he was ruling over the Kanto region for a presumably long time before being taken out by Red.
Not him but it was implied that they were just an organized gang as opposed to being people with some power.
I mean, their hideout was some dinky casino in Celadon.
>>
>>26472479
They were an organized gamg but it doesn't mean they had to be literally ruling the region. They were like the old mob or yakuza, pervasive but intangible.
>>
>>26468860
The price for a copy right now.
>>
>>26472574
This but for BW2. Why are Pokemon games so expensive?
>>
>>26472428
Here's how you do simplification you faggot

>Kanto
>You're on a journey to become a Pokemon master, defeat the gym leaders, beat team rocket and become the champ of the kanto region

>Johto
>Team Rocket has returned and are trying to find their lost leader as well as rebuild their organization

>Hoenn
Team Magma/Aqua a team that wants to expand the land/sea through any means possible at first by causing a volcano to erupt to awakening Groudon/Kyogre who can control the intensity of sunlight/rain. They go out of control and the protag saves the world.

>Emerald
>Both teams awaken and lose control of their respective legendary and the protag summons Rayquaza to stop them

>Sinnoh
>a crazed man named Cyrus builds a cult-like team called Team Galactic bent on recreating the universe for them, capturing the legendary lake pokemon and using their power pulls Dialga/Palkia out of their home dimension in order to reshape the universe solely for him. It goes out of control and the protag saves the world.

>Platinum
>Cyrus summons both Dialga and Palkia but attracts the attention of Giratina who pulls him into his home dimension. The hole left to it is slowly consuming the world. The protag defeats Giratina and stops the distortion.

>Black and White
>Ghetsis figures out his son has the ability to communicate with Pokemon, sends him abused pokemon to warp his son into thinking all humans abuse pokemon. Team Plasma convinces the masses of the region to release their pokemon to weaken them and make domination of the region easy. Using his son he awakens the legendary dragon Reshiram/Zekrom. The protag awakens the other, reveals Ghetsis' plot to his son and saves the world.

>Black and White 2
>Team Plasma has returned with an insane Ghetsis leading them, he decides to go after the the third dragon Kyurem and use it's power to attack the region and force it's inhabitants into submission. N returns, has his dragon fused with Kyurem, the protag then defeats Ghetsis.
>>
>>26472692
Sheer popularity. If you do something well and it produces a product so many people want, sell it for top dollar as often as possible.

Price indication is usually a good guide as to how rare or how popular a game is. In the case of rarity, it doesn't necessarily have to be good.

Black and white get a LOT of hate, but there are many more who still merit the games as a breath of fresh air for the series. I didn't necessarily care for them but I understand where people are coming from with the BW2 prices.
>>
>>26472692
Eh, Black and White 2 aren't that expensive compared to HG/SS.
Well, at least not here in the UK.
>>
>>26472782
True, it's also regional. HG/SS were considered to be the pinnacle of a remake in certain places, and a friend of mine in Germany states that to this day they are probably the most purchased and well sold pokemon game over there.
>>
>>26468860
Gen 4
>>
>>26472758
>Kalos
>Lysandre feels the world has grown lazy and it disgusts him to the point where he creates Team Flare as a way to gather up the people who take their lives of luxury for granted and destroy them. He finds the dormant form of the legendary pokemon Xerneas/Yveltal and uses them to power a weapon of mass destruction from 3000 years ago. Freeing and awakening the Pokemon the protag battles Lysandre and wins but in an attempt to kill the protag he fires the weapon and causes a cave in leaving his fate unknown.

Shortening something doesn't mean leaving out important parts of the story you retards. It means making it short enough that you get those important parts across.
>>
>>26472322
Does this mean Unovaborts are still underage? I agree with you then lol!
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.