[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the praise? Not even joking, the moving 2D battle sprites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 13

Why the praise?

Not even joking, the moving 2D battle sprites are an assault on my eyes, the soundtrack sucks, the pokemon designs are garbage and the story (which is always praised) really seems par the course if not even more cringy than any other pokemon game. So really what am I missing? B/W is the only entry I never bothered finishing, but I'm thinking of picking one of them up again so I can play through all the games before sun and moon.
>>
who is praising gen 5?
>>
File: 1401262544584.jpg (45KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1401262544584.jpg
45KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>26462632
>the moving 2d battle sprites are an assault on my eyes
sage thread
>>
>>26462632
>but I'm thinking of picking one of them up again so I can play through all the games before sun and moon
do it and we'll talk
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4423x1475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4423x1475px
Why the praise?

Not even joking, the ugly and static sprites make me want to fall asleep, the soundtrack is obnoxious and makes me want to keep the volume turned down, the pokemon designs are garbage and the story (which is always praised as "epic") really seems par the course if not even more cringy and retarded than any other pokemon game. So really, what am I missing? R/S/E are the only entries I never bothered finishing, but I'm thinking of picking one of them up again so I can play through all the games before sun and moon.
>>
>>26462668
>>26462659
>>26462646
Can anyone provide me with a reason that Gen V is liked at all other than "But Gen III was bad tho!"
>>
gen 5 were such a letdown after the standards HG/SS set
>>
>>26462689
No one cares about your shitty bait, OP.
You even admitted you barely played the games.
>>
File: QAKFpPF.gif (967KB, 490x367px) Image search: [Google]
QAKFpPF.gif
967KB, 490x367px
Seriously, fuck off the board, BW is (WAY) better than you gen 1, fag
>>
>>26462632
I agree, it was a struggle to complete b/w and b2/w2 (still haven't completed), the story bored me to death and I disliked it for all the reasons you mentioned, I've never met anyone else that thinks that way though, everyone and their mum loves those games.

But then again, I'm one of the faggots that loves HG/SS and X/Y, which seems to get shit on a lot, so what do I know
>>
>>26462708
What does Gen 1 have to do with the fact gen 5 sucks? I don't understand this mindset.
>>
File: thisniggasrsrn.png (9KB, 85x109px) Image search: [Google]
thisniggasrsrn.png
9KB, 85x109px
>>26462632
>more cringy than any other pokemon game
Each bait is worse than the last, it's like they aren't even trying anymore.
>>
>>26462760
Not OP but the story is really tryhardy and preachy. That could be considered cringey.
>>
ignoring that this is a bait thread, Does anyone else who often gets motion sickness and nausea from video games struggle a lot playing Black and White? That's a huge reason I've been so averse to it, but surprisingly, Kalos didn't cause me the problems.
>>
>>26462689
Alright, fine.

Gen 5 is Gen 1 pandering done right. If GF wants to pull nostalgia strings--it only works if done sparingly and at the proper moment, with enough build-up. Overuse it and the point becomes moot.

As someone who started with Gen 1, my teams up to Gen 4 stayed largely the same with three new pokemon at a party max. Gen 5 changed this. I had to deal with an entirely new dex. It was a completely new pokemon experience all over again.

Who are these pokemon? Will they be useful? What level do they evolve? Is this rare? What moves does it learn? Is X better than Y?

Arguing designs is moot as it is subjective, and some pokemon were designed to be beastly-ugly just as some are designed to be cute.

Story-wise, whether or not you like free-roaming or otherwise, the characters in BW are objectively well-written, more involved in the story and had better progression. The leaders actually did something a lot more, something productive. The climactic battle actually felt climactic.

Seasons gave you better immersion (on top of an already great immersion and world-building with a dex that parallels real-life parallel and di/convergent evolution) and interactive areas that offer new content depending on the season.

Less reliance on HMs and reusable TMs. Auto-prompt for repels.
>>
>>26462760
I actually laughed at some of the plot and dialogue in B/W.
Seemed like a PETA advertisement.
>>
>>26462632
>unovaborts are 18-20 now
>majority of shitposters are this age
Are you actually this dense or just pretending?
>>
>>26462752

Are you retarded or what?
I said that OP (or you) is/are probably a genwunner and try to bait with that unconvenient opinio .
>>
>>26462802
But plasma is pretty much a even more retarded version of PETA so that's right
>>
>>26462800
>giving this retard the time of day
Fuck off.
You are why fucktards like him love posting shitty bait here.
>>
>>26462818
>(Tue)19:31:52
>>
>>26462800
>Gen 5 is Gen 1 pandering done right.

Subjective. I liked the overabundance of nostalgia in Gen VI and hope they continue to do so.

>As someone who started with Gen 1, my teams up to Gen 4 stayed largely the same with three new pokemon at a party max. Gen 5 changed this.

This may have been good for you, but for someone who didn't like the designs, it was a nightmare. Even the starters were ugly.

>Arguing designs is moot as it is subjective, and some pokemon were designed to be beastly-ugly just as some are designed to be cute.

I'm sorry but designs are not subjective. Garbagemon and Icecreammon almost made me quit pokemon.

>Story-wise, whether or not you like free-roaming or otherwise, the characters in BW are objectively well-written, more involved in the story and had better progression. The leaders actually did something a lot more, something productive. The climactic battle actually felt climactic.

The story was bad and even more intrusive than past entries. It was fucking terrible, and the characters were most definitely worse than say Blue or Silver.

>Seasons gave you better immersion (on top of an already great immersion and world-building with a dex that parallels real-life parallel and di/convergent evolution) and interactive areas that offer new content depending on the season.

Seasons are cool, but not much of a gamechanger

>Less reliance on HMs and reusable TMs. Auto-prompt for repels.

Reusable TMs was a mistake, the other two are good points.
>>
>>26462778
So a game that puts work and thought into its plot makes it "cringey"? I'm not sure I understand these reddit buzzwords.
>>
>>26462811
Are you retarded? There is no evidence that anyone is a genwunner. You're just assuming shit because you have no actual argument.
Take your icecreammon and shove it up your ass, faggot.
>>
File: 1462993461021.png (211KB, 346x477px) Image search: [Google]
1462993461021.png
211KB, 346x477px
>>26462859
>Reusable TMs was a mistake
>>
>>26462866
I can put thought into a sculpture made entirely of feces, but at the end of the day it's still a pile of shit.
>>
>>26462859
Yea you don't deserve benefit of the doubt. Nice bait, made me reply 7/10
>>
>>26462873
Casualizing the games is a negative for me. Cool for you if you enjoy an easier experience.

>>26462898
So you don't have an actual argument? Good to know, kiddo.
>>
And this is why criticism of Gen 5 is never taken seriously.
Please don't get upset if your post gets called bait, just look at this thread for an example of why.
>>
>>26462883
That didn't answer my question, but at least you stopped using the word cringey so we made some progress.
>>
>>26462632
That's just like, you're opinion man
>>
>>26462924
Honestly there has been only one attempt to defend gen v, the other posts have just been kids calling the OP bait because they identify with their first pokemon games and see any criticism of them as an attack on their character. I grew up with gen I, but I'm more than willing to accept criticism. Calling any criticism "bait" is just childish and reflects poorly on others who enjoyed gen V.
>>
>>26462869

Heh,
> "Icecreamon".
And there is no proof that you is genwunner
And I don't have argumemts
Fuck off kiddo, study more, so you can discuss in a level above.
>>
>>26462866
Is that what I said? Did I say putting any effort into a story makes it bad? Can you quote me on that? Or is it just easier to argue against and make a strawman look bad?
>>
File: 2a5.jpg (77KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
2a5.jpg
77KB, 400x551px
>>26462911
>lifting pointless artifical restrictions on how pokemon learn moves that they can learn is casualising the game
>>
>>26462693
Talk about absurd standards anon.
That's like saying eating shit is better than cooked food because the shit came first.
>>
>not thinking the cel-shaded super-deformed gen 6 was uglier

N64 games looked prettier.
>>
>>26462883
Now this is cringy.
Also in today's art industry that would be a masterpiece.
>>
>>26462937
I'm not the same person you replied to. But honestly, yeah there was some thought put into gen V's story. Does that make it good? In my opinion, no. As a matter of fact I found the story really over the top, and even laughable. The Pokemon series shouldn't address morality, and if it does, it shouldn't do so in a weak, half-assed attempt that feels like a botched PETA advertisement mixed with a fan fiction with an antagonist that looks like a tranny.
>>
>>26462956
>And I don't have argumemts

Admittance is admirable.
>>
>>26462911
>Casualizing the games is a negative for me.
You are aware that casualization and removing the tedium are two different things right?
After all what's hard about grinding for money or coins for a second TM.

I hope you aren't one of those retards that think that gen 4's over world was a "challenge" to traverse
>>
>>26462632
>the soundtrack sucks
>having this shit taste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWIycauBIxQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQF7uBZ0zE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQWpsj8wY0E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FPz7yklWrA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txvkmH4h5kQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g356DvtjCOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqnpvyUPXUM
>>
>>26463012
What the fuck does Gen IV have to do with the fact that infinite TMs, objectively make the games easier and reduces the novelty of having a really good TM?
>>
>>26462988
>As a matter of fact I found the story really over the top
You are aware that the last two games had ancient super pokemon and Gods capable of affecting am entire region and the universe respectively right?
If anything gen five took a step back and toned things down.
>>
>>26462632
As you may know if you're a little bit aware about the world, amerifats are very very patriotic
And there are a lot of americans on /vp/
>>
>>26463006

>Not understand sarcasm
>Avoiding give a plausibe argument by highlight some dumbass statement
Aww... so lazy to keep discussing with such a poor minded person.
>>
>>26463048
Gen III and IV had retarded stories for sure. But they didn't attempt to inject morality into pokemon, and were at least somewhat subtle.
>>
>>26463039
>objectively
So you are one of those "tedium = challenge!" retards.

It doesn't make the game easier in the slightest, all it does is remove the too good to use factor as well as the additional grind to get another one.

If you're going to argue at least say how it makes the game harder.
>>
>>26463039
>objectively make the games easier
it's impossible to make pokemon game easier in a first place and you don't have to use these if you're that autistic
>and reduces the novelty of having a really good TM?
Novelty of having something you can't use for pretty much the whole game because you'll need this way later? Leaks surely have attracted some real retards
>>
>>26463048
Scale isn't the only way something can be over the top
>>
>>26463060
>Avoiding give a plausibe argument by highlight some dumbass statement

You're calling me the "poor minded person"? Is English even your first language you fucking illiterate?
>>
>>26462955
And that one person that defended gen 5 wasted his time.
Fuck off newfag.
>>
>>26463095

No, it isn't
So.. >uhhh he commited a mistake, let me feel superior to him
Grammarnazing, and again not using a plausible argument
If you haven't anything better to say, shut up.
>>
>>26462800
I'd argue that gen 4 is gen 1 pandering done right.
>>
>>26463076
Morality is a much more suitable replacement than an over the top story like the last two had. For starters pokemon abuse has been a thing since the first game and even silver had a small morality arc in the way he treated his pokemon, secondly pokemon should have never gone as far as world changers, RSE was edging the line but DPPt demolished it.
>>
>>26463089
That's literally the only way it can be in pokemon. Everything in Black and White has been touched upon previously and is nothing new to the series.
>>
>>26462955
It's bait when the OP admits to never playing the games
>>
>>26463163

/thread
>>
Gen 5 is definitely the black sheep of the pokegens. I'm actually doing a White replay right now because I enjoy that the game only has new pokemon throughout the story so its refreshing in that sense.

That said, I despise almost everything about B/W. The battle scenes are plain, boring and ugly. The sprites are blocky and some pokemon have a more 3d look to them while others look completely 2d with moving parts. The pixelated sprites are horrendous for a game of its time.

The new pokemon are mostly uncreative. Gen V had a golden opportunity to create completely fresh pokemon and it rehashed whats been done already: we got more physical normal, fighting, and rock types, bulky water types, and slow and specially oriented psychic types. Completely uninteresting. That said there were some interesting additions but these are the minority by far.

The designs themselves were mostly atrocious. I remember feeling very let down when the gen V dex leaked. Even the first stages of pokemon were ugly. For example, psychic type fans get their choice between gothitelle, reuniclus, musharna, and sigilyph, the first 3 operating more or less as copy/pastes of each other (bulky, slow special attackers). Never mind that they are all pure psychic types except the psychic/flying which we have already seen before. It does not help that all four of them are hideous.

TL;DR gen 5 had more opportunities than any other pokemon game in the series to be creative and create something different and interesting, but it shat all over those opportunities and played things safe by recycling almost all of the series' used concepts. Boring.
>>
>>26463076
Why is morality bad again?...
>>
>>26463199
(You)
>>
>>26463158
No it isn't. Why would that be the case? It doesn't matter if it was touched on previously. What matters is the focus on how much they put on it, and how they do it. One way the BW plot was over the top was because of how obvious they made Team Plasma's hypocrisy. The second time you see them, they are almost literally kicking puppies after giving a speech about wanting to protect Pokemon from people. You can show hypocrisy in far more subtle ways, like maybe not have 99% of the team be clearly evil despite a weak attempt to make you think they care about Pokemon at all.
>>
>>26463208
Because there is no such thing as good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it.
>>
>>26463117
Thanks for the bump gay boy.
>>
>>26463208
Any sign of a deeper meaning in a story and pretentious faggots will take the chance to act like they're completely above it
>>
>>26463234
Okay Shadow the Hedgehog
>>
>>26463234
It appears we have an edgemaster in our midst.
>>
>>26463225
>The second time you see them, they are almost literally kicking puppies after giving a speech about wanting to protect Pokemon from people.
You totally ignored the fact that there were people under the rule of Ghetsis and those following N didn't you.
It wasn't hypocrisy, they were literally two opposing factions that's why they split in BW2 rather than disband entirely.
>>
>>26463310
What does that change? How did I ignore it? What implied I did? I even said 99% and not just all of them or no number specificatikn at all to imply it was literally all of them. It doesn't change the fact that it was an extremely hamfisted way to send a message i.e. over the top. And no before it comes up when you try to grasp at straws, I didn't mean literally 99%, it's a figure of speech, but N's old Plasma faction was far in the minority.
>>
N's name is Natural Harmonia Gropius and his sister's are Anthea and Deepsoundingname2. How the fuck is that not over the top and pretentious as fuck? The names don't even make sense in context. Why would people from this region have that name? Why would people from Team Plasma have that name?
>>
>>26463392
>It doesn't change the fact that it was an extremely hamfisted way to send a message i.e. over the top.
How exactly was that over the top? It's not like they were murdering pokemon left and right shouting "FOR PLASMA".

>but N's old Plasma faction was far in the minority.
If you had played BW2 you would see that it was nearly a clean split.
>>
>>26463447

Huh... because N is most likely a country bumpkin founded on the forest and GF thinks that "Gropious" is a cute name to give.
>>
>>26463463
That literally can't show them murdering Pokemon. They can, however, show them constantly abusing Pokemon and still get the same, forced message across which is about the extent they could do nowadays. Even RBY didn't show Rockets kill the Marowak and they weren't trying to be deep about messages about hypocrisy and true intentions and things like that. There's no way in hell you actually think Plasma had their ideas well executed. The idea behind them is good but I refuse to believe you think the way it was done was worth defending.
>>
OP is a baiting Hoennfag who's had it up to here with the constant belittling that his shit Gen gets.

Gen V is Pokemon Magnum Opus, everyone knows this who isn't a retard or a summerfag.
>>
>>26463543
Funny. Gen IV was the peak with Platinum and HGSS.
>>
>>26463463
>clean split
>1 house in Driftveil compared to an underground guerrilla group that has enough resources to fund a scientist's research
>you literally see 5 grunts from N's Plasma while there's a ship's worth of Ghetsis' Plasma running around
>>
>>26463557
V > IV > III = VI > II > I
>>
>>26463543
>>26463557
I believe the DS era as a whole was the peak.
Two god-tier gens, and a new bunch of spin-offs that were fun as shit.
>>
>>26463463
>Even split
Did you play BW2?
>>
>>26463571
What is this, reverse day?
>>
>>26463531
>They can, however, show them constantly abusing Pokemon and still get the same, forced message across
You mean like they did in the game? In the exact was you're currently saying?
Did you even come into contact with the game?
On top of that they were shown an illusion of Ghetsis instead of N which sent them into fits of cowering telling us that Ghetsis isn't as nice as he let on previously. From then on he started changing slowly over the course of the game.

Also you still haven't said how exactly it was over the top when previous games have gone well beyond that boundary with the actual death of a Pokemon.
>>
>>26463642
>Current year
>Nostalgiafags still posting on /vp/
>>
>>26463568
>I just went to bulbapedia: the post
Did you even reach the end of the game?
>>
I'm always confused by the praise for gen 5. They were competent enough in a way that some gens weren't, but the pokemon designs, linearity and plot were all total snores.
>>
So the people shitting on gen five pretty much read a summary and thought that was it right?
>>
>>26463657
I know, it's crazy.
You would think they'd have fucked off once the Hoenn hype died down.
>>
>>26462800
>
As someone who started with Gen 1, my teams up to Gen 4 stayed largely the same with three new pokemon at a party max. Gen 5 changed this. I had to deal with an entirely new dex. It was a completely new pokemon experience all over again.
This is a choice. I routinely changed my teams in each generation to pokemon that I actually liked. The only reason this happened in gen 5 was because only new pokemon were available - it's the first gen where I couldn't find 6 pokemon that I actually liked.
>Story-wise, whether or not you like free-roaming or otherwise, the characters in BW are objectively well-written, more involved in the story and had better progression. The leaders actually did something a lot more, something productive. The climactic battle actually felt climactic.
I don't think you know what objective means.
>>
>>26463647
What the fuck are you talking about? I'm saying that trying to make it seem like they were good guys who wanted to help Pokemon and then immediately shoving that aside and having them do one of the most mustache twirlingly evil things they could do in a Pokemon game, go and kick a pink floral patterned amorphously cute Pokemon until it gave them it's smoke. THAT'S over the top. That was EXACTLY the example I gave and explained about an aspect of the story that's over the top. That's above and beyond "team does evil things". I don't fucking get how you don't understand that. What definition of over the top are you using that tisnt applicable and the only way something could be over the top if by having be on a grander scale? So you know what the word " edgy" comes from? It was and still sometimes is a legitimate criticism. It's lost a lot of meaning but it comes from something trying too hard to be cool. That's another way something can be over the top in a and way besides "destroying the universe" like Cyrus or whatever.
>>
>>26463647
they were literally kicking a baby Munna, a cute pink tapir with fucking flowers on it. They couldn't have forced it more if they tried. The writers blew their load way too early with Team Plasma. If they wanted to show that it wasn't actually a force for good, they should have waited until a bit further than the Dreamyard.
>>26463660
I played through the game yesterday you fuck

there's a few ex-Plasma people making amends that you see throughout the game, but it's clear that Ghetsis' Plasma has more resources than N's Plasma
>>
>>26463647
SAVE THE WHOLE WORLD

YOU'RE THE CHOSEN ONE

CAPTURE THE LEGENDARY... WE WORKED IT INTO THE STORY... SO THAT YOU COULD FEEL SPECIAL BY CATCHING IT BECAUSE IT WANTS TO BE SPECIFICALLY CAUGHT BY YOU
>>
>>26463690
Well one or introduced some useful features and unlike the previous gen, made a great attempt at feeling new by giving us a main game with new pokemon only so it felt like a new adventure where we could make new bros and what not.
Then there's the fact that the first games had quite a bit more content than the rest and the sequels stand with the most content in all of the pokemon games.

I could go on but you get the picture.
>>
I don't like gen 5, but I will say that in BW2, the opening bit up until you leave for the mainland is really neat. A shame the rest isn't like that.
>>
File: giphy.gif (489KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
489KB, 480x360px
>>26462632
>the soundtrack sucks

Your opinion

I don't like it
>>
>>26463798
The red health theme was the worst idea in the history of the franchise
>>
>>26463764
>Well one or introduced some useful features
This is my main problem with BW. Like what? What did they introduce that was more important or lasting than held items/phys/spec split, or even stuff like ORAS Dex nav or not really nameable mechanics like XY's IV stuff both involving breeding and legendaries and stuff. These are all really important additions to the core gameplay of Pokemon.
>>
>>26463815
That's not Hoenn
>>
File: 1243535353534.jpg (106KB, 1024x807px) Image search: [Google]
1243535353534.jpg
106KB, 1024x807px
>>26462632
I can only agree. Gen V as a whole is laughably shit.
Don't worry though OP, it's already been confirmed time and time again that it's just a vocal minority who shill that shit gen.
Gen 5 autists are the muslims of the pokemon community.
>>
>>26463815
nice shit taste you have here
>>
>>26463738
>THAT'S over the top.
You're kidding right.
For the last time, HOW is that over the top.

>That's above and beyond "team does evil things".
That tells us nothing about why you think it's over the top. In fact it just makes your reasoning a lot more confusing because similar things have been done before in the series.
I suppose you could rationalise it as being more than we usually get but that doesn't make it over the top at all as much as an expanded version of the usual.
>>
>>26463842
How was RSE and DPt's plot over the top?
>>
>>26463842
>how is kicking a baby over the top?
>>26463835
right, let's add a 12-second loop that overrides all of the battle themes until you heal your Pokemon

that won't be annoying at all
>>
>>26463531
Team rocket abused pokemon this just in team rocket is declared 2deep4u on /vp/ by anon
>>
>>26463869
>burning/drowning a planet for the good of the land/sea's life despite the fact that both need each other
>rewriting the universe just because people think differently
>>
>>26463869
>how was DPPt's plot over the top
>I want to become the creator of a new universe and break the bonds of time and space themselves using the pokemon that bestowed humanity with emotion, willpower and intelligence

now compare this to pokemon gangsters that like money and authority
>>
>>26463869
>let's make a fuckhuge drought!
>let's flood everything!
>let's release both mons and watch them fight until fug gets enough of this shit!
>let's rebuild the world like i want using the deities of time, space and pokesatan!
like it wasn't, gen 5 wasn't better anyway with "let's use those peta retards with anger issues to make gullible faggots release their pokemon and take the rule"
>>26463886
then stop being a shitter and letting your mons go down to red. Emergency theme actually makes sense
>>
>>26463886
>>how is kicking a baby over the top?
You act as if this isn't the norm in pokemon.
Rocket killed a mother, cut off the tails of baby slowpoke and forced a Pokemon to evolve.
Galactic blew up an entire lake.
In gen 6 the ultimate weapon was powered by pokemon who were killed for their life force. Devon also replicated this to make infinity energy.

How is that over the top in any way?
>>
>>26463905
Team Rocket weren't trying to sell you a message about hypocrisy or swinging almost immediately from one extreme to the next. You're joking if you think it was handled with any amount of elegance of subtlety. Pokemon isn't usually but I'm not comparing it to other Pokemon games, and most main Pokemon games aren't dealing with concepts like BW was.
>>
>>26463967
But HOW is that over the top? You didn't explain it.
>>
>>26464001
>message about hypocrisy
How did you even get hypocrisy from this when from the very start the were depicted as a shady as fuck group?
>>
>>26464016
Are you seriously trying to say that becoming the new jesus is the same as a group having a front?
>>
>>26463980
letting your mons go to red isn't being a shitter you asshole.

the beep that plays over the theme in every other gen is better because it doesn't interrupt the battle theme with a needlessly hectic short loop.

>>26463997
because they could have showed that Plasma was evil in a more subtle way than kicking a puppy, which is just a lazy trope used to show that someone is especially evil.

The difference between it and the other teams is that the others are shown to be evil from the first time you meet them. They handled Plasma in the laziest way possible.
>>
>>26464042
Are you fucking kidding me? The script has Plasma practically lampooning themselves over how hypocritical they're being. It's, in fact, actually hilarious. Like legitimately funny and not hilariously bad. But they lampshade the fuck out of it.
>>
>>26464058
Are you trying to say that the only way something can be ridiculous is by destroying the world and not attempting to be overly deep? Depending on your answer, I might have to kick your ass.
>>
>>26464059
>Plasma was evil in a more subtle way than kicking a puppy, which is just a lazy trope used to show that someone is especially evil.
Like what? Throwing trash on the ground?
I agree that it's a common way to show it but it certainly isn't over the top by any means.
>>
>>26464101
>It isn't over the top in any way
Do you even fucking post this with a straight face? That's literally the hyperbolic way of explaining how evil someone is.
>>
>>26464092
You clearly have no idea what makes something over the top if you think a little more depth to a story makes it cross that boundary.
>>
>>26464125
You are aware that something being common isn't the same as being over the top right?
If they had kicked out to death and said "oh well on to the next one!" while they're covered in its blood then you could say it's over the top.
>>
>>26464145
Making my characters have an apparent noble goal in mind only to have them act cartoonishly evil in the next and following scenes to show you not all is as it seems isn't " a little depth".
>>
>>26464184
Do you know what "hyperbole" means?
>>
>>26464184
>Release your Pokemon if you want to help them! You're hurting them by keeping them chained up in Pokeballs!
not even 2 hours later, they're doing Team Rocket-tier things like kicking babies and stealing cats to get what they want, because GF wanted to really shove down our throats how hypocritical Plasma is. It's disgustingly lazy writing.
>>
>>26464243
>hypocritical
Do you even fronts?
I bet you thought Flare was in it for money too.
>>
>expecting narrative depth and complexity in a game made for 7 year olds

christ you are all retarded
>>
>>26464298
They could have kept up the front at least through Castelia. Instead, it lasts for one town. It's still lazy.
>>
>>26464298
It was not a "front". Giovanni " fronted" Team Rocket as a gym leader and with the Game Corner. One of the core fucking ideas of the game was "truth". Are you literally arguing that they weren't supposed to appear hypocritical? Their fucking dialogue says it all.
>>
>>26464313
The front was already broken by how shady they were shown in their first appearance and even their "release your pokemon" intentions.
Stop thinking that they were being depicted as being holier than thou when it was more of a neutral standpoint.
>>
>>26464243
>>26464298
I agree it's lazy in this instance. I don't mind hypocrisy but I'd prefer it threaded into the story and not hamfisted at the first opportunity.

I glean from this scene that Team Plasma attempts to steal the pokemon from any vulnerable looking trainer they meet. There is little organization to this method. And this method (which is further proved when Plasma steals the little girl's pokemon in the next route) would logically only undermine team plasma because it would not be long before a bunch of people are complaining about cruel team plasma and then their reputation is sunk and their words and "front" are worthless
>>
>>26464332
>One of the core fucking ideas of the game was "truth".
Yes?
That only confirms what I was saying in that it was a front they didn't intend to follow as opposed to their true intentions. Do you even know what hypocrisy means?
>>
>all of these gen v shitters that don't know a thing about context or foreshadowing
Jesus, you people have the attention span of a goldfish.
>>
>>26464243
You are a fucking moron, they are doing that because they know what ghetsis wants. Very few of them actually just want to free pokemon

Jesus christ how fucking retarded are you?

Also for your "over the top" shit, team rocket fucking straight up murdered a Marowak

Yeah, argue now fucktard
>>
>>26464396
In case you couldn't tell, the difference between a "front" and Team Plasma is that a front is an attempt, in the context of a criminal gangs, to hide your identity. Nobody knew Giovanni was the gym leader, nobody knew they were the ones running the Game Corner. Team Plasma was out in the open and letting them know they were Team Plasma, and actively spouted their ideal whilst doing the contradictory things. Did you even play this game? How can you not see how obvious they were trying to make it? There was 50 million miles about it. Do you remember the "I hate people who don't have my opinions!" guy?
>>
>>26464465
>nobody knew they were the ones running the Game Corner.
Did you even play the gen 1 games? There's TR nooks running around and even NPCs commenting that TR ram the place. As for Giovanni that wasn't so much a front as much as him working from the shadows

Plasma was a front, actively trying to get across that they were a just organisation while performing these abusive acts secretly.
>>
>>26464465
>people hate Team Plasma because they were written tongue-in-cheek
>these people are the same ones who want darknedgy pokemon games where pokemon can die
>but muh evil team with good intentions with bad consequences
>>
>>26464556
I find it funny that these people took the entirely wrong thing from the game.
>>
>>26464465
>TR
>Making an attempt to hide their intentions
They were the most open evil villains we've had yet.
Everyone knew they abused pokemon and ran the GC.

No one ever thought they were anything but thugs while everyone thought plasma was a group that cared when it was far from the truth.
>>
>>26464428
>butthurt op
>>
>>26464712
>not reading the OP
Heads up, you're on his side retard
>>
File: 1438108695310.jpg (522KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438108695310.jpg
522KB, 1920x1080px
>>26462632
>>26462668
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>26465489
this is like the 5th time I've seen this post in the past two days
WHO IS PAYING YOU?
>>
File: noko.gif (1MB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
noko.gif
1MB, 300x269px
>>26465489
I am grateful.

I love collector RPGs
>>
>>26464618
It's like they want to play Pokemon: Breaking Bad version
>>
>>26463134
Really? I love Gen 4, but I wouldn't say that. Care to elaborate?
>>
>>26466650
Gen 4 had like 20-30 crossgen evolutions
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 267x177px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 267x177px
>>26462632
>>26462714
>>26463199
>>26463690
>>26463828
>>
>>26463690
>pokemon designs were total snores
>when Gen. 2 Pokemon exist

Wew lad.
>>
File: lyra fishing 2.jpg (635KB, 1500x1226px) Image search: [Google]
lyra fishing 2.jpg
635KB, 1500x1226px
>this thread
>>
Agreed.

The games are certainly good, but VERY OVERRATED.

Felt more like a chore to play than actual fun....

...OHHHHH, now I understand!

Of course /vp/ loves it.
They're the epitome of "stop having fun, you fugging autist casuals!" lol
>>
>>26466746
Wouldn't that make it gen 2 pandering done right? It also makes sense because they brought back and perfected the internal clock shenanigans while also bringing back having different pokemon show up at different times of day. Professor Rowan and Elm both study evolution and red gyarados is mentioned within the first five minutes of D/P.

Coincidentally, both generations take place during the same time period
>>
I don't understand the autism over gen V designs, I feel like people are constantly exaggerating because the first game wouldn't let them play with their shitty charizards.
>>
i barely play white/white 2. it's pretty awful on the eyes imo. nothing really stood out to me about the areas in the game either. all in all very forgettable. some of the mons were pretty cool tho
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.