[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you want to see in the new rival?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (35KB, 665x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 665x400px
I'm hoping this cutie is your bro and isn't shoved down your throat.
>>
>>26454561
Personality.
>>
I want to actually see the new rival. I want new Shauna to have actual character development.
>>
Since he chooses the starter weak to you, sure, let him be a cutie husbando fucboi.

There better be a sassy dickish rival that chooses the stronger starter though
>>
At this point in my life all I want is for all the rivals in this game to just leave me alone and dont keep wanting to talk to me every two seconds and battle every other gym ngl if they're nice, great, but still let me mind my own business
>>
>>26454610
I want a bitch to be your rival. A stuck up bitch that insults you and belittles you and your starter.
>>
>>26454561
I'm hoping he is shoved down my throat.
>>
I want blonde bitch to be real and for her to be a native of either Unova or Kalos who's at Alola on Daddy's dime and is rich and spoiled but not in the whiny way, the elitist way, but also in the way where she's very competent and classy in what she does, and actually poses a challenge in rival battles. Like straight up using competitive strats and stuff. An ojou-sama mixture of Silver and Gary.

Bonus points if leader of the evil team is a big businessman and also, her father, and throughout the story while she does keep her general personality she becomes more worldly and able to form better moral judgements.

And I want cutie boy to be similar to Dawn/Lucas in DPPt, travels along with you but you don't often battle him. A nice guy to make you smile every so often in the story.
>>
>>26454561
I just don't want him to show up every route and say "wow [protagonist] you sure are the best trainer on the whole fucking planet! God! You are so fucking cool" and then hand me 50 super potions and a Mew
>>
>>26454726
Also this. Though that's more of a difficulty qualm than anything. I'm replying ORAS right now and Jesus, it seems like Brendan gives you something and restores your Pokemon's HP at the end of every single route.
>>
>>26454616
This. The XY rivals really pissed me off in that regard. I wanna explore and catch pokemon not play friend simulator 2015.
>>
File: snugemmers.png (110KB, 910x892px) Image search: [Google]
snugemmers.png
110KB, 910x892px
I wanna see an asshole rival again. Like Blue and Silver. Those guys felt like villains.

XY had the worst "rivals". They werent even rivals. they were just annoying friends
>>
I hope he's irrelevant for most of the game.
>>
>>26454709
>A nice guy
but where's his fedora then
>>
>>26454763
I like the asshole rival trope because it just fits the best in pokemon

It's minimal dialogue smell you later! and a battle. Which is all I want from a rival.

I actually don't want characters and friends in game because the fun part of pokemon is doing your own thing and not having Tierno tell me how me how much he likes dance
>>
>>26454763

I remember beating the elite four and then Lance tells me someone arrived before I did? The fuck, who?

Walk into the room, there he is. The motherfucker. And he's the champion now.

Time to end this shit, bith
>>
>>26454763
sleep snug Emmers
>>
>>26454826
I just had a thought based on that.

Imagine if in Alola, there is no clear obvious champion (i.e. no one as obvious as Cynthia and Lance were). So you beat the last E4 member, and you get that same answer, and you figure "oh great, blonde bitch is in there, time to beat her with the same strats I have all game".

But you walk in and who do you see? Cool cute boy rival, who's been caring for his Pokemon at his own pace while you and bitch girl dealt with competitive and serious shit. And it's your first time fighting him since the very beginning of the game, and you have no idea what the hell to expect from his team. That'd be kinda cool.
>>
File: 1463028311236.jpg (22KB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
1463028311236.jpg
22KB, 335x335px
>>26454900
you don't know how much I want this
>>
>>26454561
I want to be able to name him just like you could do for Hugh, Barry or Silver. If there's this option, I know what name I'll give him.
>>
>>26454900
I was just about to say this. It would be the ultimate bait and switch.
>Fight blonde bitch many times on our journey
>She gets stronger each time
>Beat the Elite Four and assume the obvious - blonde bitch is champion
>Enter the final room
>It's actually based Hoku with an extremely powerful team
>>
>>26454561
I just hope he isn't annoying. I have a weakness for tan guys with long hair, so if they manage to make his personality not suck then I might've found my new husbando.
>>
>>26454763
Sleep snug emmers
>>
I want this kid to be as scrubby as possible.
Like if you lose he just replies.
"Thanks for the exp!" and pushes you over.
>>
>>26454763
Sleep snug Emmers
>>
>>26454561
I hope he doesn't bother me much during the game unless he is looking for a fight.
>>
>>26457470
>If you lose
If that's even possible considering rivals.
>>
He's not the only rival, there's a blonde girl. This guy geta the starter weaker to yours
>>
>>26457937
We don't know if she's blonde for sure. We only know that she has a sun hat.
>>
>>26454709
fag
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.