[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do so many stallfags exist? I know Pokemon draws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: stall.png (67KB, 1169x712px) Image search: [Google]
stall.png
67KB, 1169x712px
How the fuck do so many stallfags exist?

I know Pokemon draws in autists, but how could someone possibly have fun switching out Pokemon over and over in a 40 minute match?
>>
>Not playing superior VGC
>>
Get a load of this casual
>>
>>26448844
Its called winning

You make a team that is more likely to get you wins, stall always wins.
>>
File: Mewtwo and your tears.jpg (33KB, 420x367px) Image search: [Google]
Mewtwo and your tears.jpg
33KB, 420x367px
>>26448844
People who play a game competitively like to win so they'll use the best strategy available.
For them the victory is worth the time, but of course you don't know anything about winning so you'll never understand
>>
^these replies are the kinds of people you're arguing against OP

Disregard their trashy opinions and defeat stallfags, or, if you're losing, just play them out. I was on showdown one time, and we went to 112 turns with the guy sending me chats saying shit like "dude rly?" Because I wouldn't just surrender. He won by one attack, and I was just listening to music and smoking, lmao the whole time
>>
Its the most effective strategy, in smogon anyway. Just stop playing smogon rules. Its retarded. They make the rules specifically for stall to dominate. I really don't understand how anyone who doesn't play with stall bothers playing smogon. You're at a gigantic disadvantage.
>>
>>26448844
Most people play hyper offensive teams which take little skill to use. Making a team that can withstand pressure and effectively wall the opponent takes more skill than spamming attacks. Stall is generally a safer option also since you have a full team dedicated to taking hits instead of 1-2 walls where your team crumbles once they go down.
>>
>>26448994
I prefer a combo of effective damage coverage and ability/item hax like my tan growth with giga drain and leaf guard for tanking
>>
>>26448994
You're retarded, stall is literally the easiest most braindead teams to use where you can fuck up again and again and it doesn't matter. Hyper offense actually requires skill where one fuck up will ruin your pokemon. Also
>Making a team that can withstand pressure and effectively wall the opponent takes more skill than spamming attacks.
>Making a team

You don't have to make a team retard there's already tons of effective stall teams for anyone to just copy and paste. Are you a moron.
>>
File: stop.png (52KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
52KB, 299x299px
>>26448994
>Stallfags thinking they are master strategists

Stall is by far the easiest and least skilled way to play.

Every one of your mons can survive multiple hits, so there is no risk switching them in. Not to mention most stall teams use the same Pokemon(M-Sableye, Chansey, Slowbro, Amoongus), so everyone just copies the same sets.
>>
I like playing against stall to an extent. As long as I've got a team that doesn't just lose immediately, the matchup forces you to play aggressively and think about every move. Building full counter-stall isn't impossible either. There are only 1-2 popular stall teams at a time and it's impossible for them to cover every possible threat. With just a little bit of creativity you can get mons from NU that just wipe up whatever stall variant is popular at the time, like this: replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-372050002
>>
>>26448913

>Not being able to win with anything from balance all the way up to hyper offense

Sure you can win with stall. But you can win with any playstyle if you're good. Why purposely choose the cancerous playstyle that also takes the longest to ladder with?
>>
>>26448994

>Typically frail pokemon, often Life Orb recoil, usually needing to waste a turn boosting to be at max effectiveness, more Choice users so more necessity for prediction

VS

>Leftovers, Assault Vest, Pokemon with enough bulk to avoid 2HKOs from some of this tier's hardest hitters, Regenerator, and recovery moves

Yeah stall must be so fucking hard to pull off.
>>
>>26449493
>But you can win with any playstyle if you're good.

No you can't. Normally you can using Nintendo rules, but not with Smogon rules where everything good offensively is banned and literally every stallmon is unbanned. In that case, the only way to win is to use stall. And it doesn't take the longest to ladder with, since you're constantly winning, while other people take losses and drop down the ladder, all you're doing is winning and going up. Plus many people won't stick around for a full stall match or quit when they see it so the matches don't always take super long.
>>
>>26449541

You sound like a VGCfag. Yes, stall is the best playstyle right now after the Hoopa-U ban. No, you can win with any playstyle. In XY and ORAS I've been a top tier ladderer with balance, balanced offense, and HO.
>>
>>26449541
>where everything good offensively is banned
This meme needs to die.

There are plenty of good offenseive mons.

The reason stuff like Mega Kangaskhan, Greninja and Hoopa are banned is that they are overpowered against ALL kinds of teams, and they centralized the meta too much.

Why does /vp/ think there is some grand conspiracy to keep stall as the best playstyle? Banned mons are decided by the community, and a lot of the community hates stall.
>>
>>26449660
I used to not like VGC because of all those pictures I saw of the top winners in VGC tournaments all using the same thing. But then I realized the exact same thing can be said about Smogon. The top 5 most winning OU players all use stall teams that are the exact same. I've gotten high on the ladder, into the 1700s, and I would never play with stall, but stall is still by far the best and the only chance of you actually getting to the top of the ladder, not just a high loser, is to use stall. I defy you, and anyone to dethrone the stall players at the top of the ladder. It's literally impossible.
>>
>>26449696
>conspiracy
a conspiracy implies it's secret. stall players voting to ban anything that beats their stall team isn't secret
>>
lol you another ho faggot that got btfo?

cry more faggot
>>
>>26449696
Wrong, Pokemon put up to be banned are decided by Smogon, not the community. And the people who get to vote are only the winners (aka stall players). No there are no good offensive mons that actually have a chance against stall. Hoopa U was not overcentralized at all. And stallmons like Mega Sableye and Chansey are overcentralizing as well, as far as the top of the ladder goes because everyone there uses them. So everything you said makes no sense. Smogon actively makes stall the best playstyle on purpose. The nail in the coffin was Hoopa U, the last pokemon that could actually do anything against stall, now banned.
>>
>>26449744
>I'm the best at using fake rules that were made specifically for my team to win

That means nothing retard. Now go back to autistic playing of 2 hour and 30 minute matches every game.
>>
>>26449786

+SpA/-Def or SpD Life Orb Kyurem-B does a real number against stall. Yeah it loses its average speed tier but nothing on stall outspeeds it anyway and its job is to break stall. Ferrothorn gets 2HKOd by Ice Beam. In fact Ice Beam/Fusion Bolt/Earth Power/Outrage breaks stall altogether after Chansey gets its Eviolite Knocked Off.

So this Kyub set + any of the myriad viable Knock Off users in OU and stall is finished.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.