[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what happend to the sales between gen 1 to gen 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: sales.jpg (253KB, 3000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
sales.jpg
253KB, 3000x1800px
what happend to the sales between gen 1 to gen 3?
>>
I wonder how the gens would stack up when compared to the number of each game's system which had been sold.

As in, what percentage of DS users owned Platinum? Might be a decent way to normalize the data.

On topic:
Some of it was there just being fewer users at that time. A lot of it was the hype dying down, and people leaving the series at gen 3 when you couldn't transfer up your "bros".
>>
They went down
>>
man, this thing makes no sense to me

i guess people don't like remakes
>>
>>26446753
If BW2 are so perfect why didnt sold so good compared to others? :^)
>>
>>26446832
it's a trend with all remakes
>>
>>26446753
Pokemania faded, also gen III a shit.
>>
>>26446832
so gen 1 is the best game?
>>
>>26446753
>Gen 1 counts sales for 3 games
no wonder its so high
>>
>>26446753
Pokemon was supposed to end at Generation II.

However, Satoshi Tajiri saw all the money they were making and decided to ultimately sell out. They rebooted the franchise with Generation III and laid down the foundation for future titles to rehash in a timely manner. A mold with which to fill. A lot of people involved with Generation I and II either left or were not prepared for the continuation.

>Make a "trio" of Legendaries; dual versions now necessitated that they invent the term "box mascot", and a "mediator" Legendary for the 2 opposite sides, which will then be used for a 3rd "improved" version for die-hard fans
>Introduce new Pokémon and "upgrade" older Pokémon to cash in on nostalgia
>Leave the franchise in the hands of incomptent fuckwits who are in on the charade

That's pretty much it. Funny how significant the jump from I to II was, and then from III onwards a stagnation would settle in. That's why people who aren't autistic furries wonder why the Pokémon formula hasn't changed at all for the better. It's just a ritual at this point. It's a pathetic form of video game. It's not a video game anymore. It's just a pop culture zeitgeist that refuses to die.
>>
>>26446879
Read again, 4 games
>>
>>26446753
Don't forget that the main game bar in this graph is two games worth of sales, whereas the 3rd game is only 1 game.
>>
>>26446910
Source?
>>
>>26446919
3 games, yellow is separate...
>>
>>26447003
His ass.
Notice how 2 of the three green points apply to GSC.
>>
File: hoenn.png (952KB, 889x823px) Image search: [Google]
hoenn.png
952KB, 889x823px
>>26446753
>what happend
>>
File: 1461067821631.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1461067821631.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
>those shovelware games sell over 10 millions every year
>>
>>26446832
>sold better than all third versions except Yellow
>bad
>>
>>26447129
>implying it's a third version
>>
>each game, even the directors cuts, sold at least 6 million copies

For today episodes of things that only happen in the pokemon fandom, people really believe that this doesn't count as a success. Pokemon still sells like hotcakes, period.
And GEN VI is proably the most successful, since the 3DS is nowhere as popular as the various gameboys and the DS
>>
They stopped making third versions and sales thankfully improved
>>
>>26446910
But gen 2 had tons of retcons. Every pokemon game has. Megas are just a marketing thing I know that. But they retcon every single gen regardless of whether a pokemon gets a mega or not
>>
>>26446753
Pokemania was an abnormality, the level of popularity of the subsequent games is still ridiculously high compared to other game franchises.

It might seem like sales dropped off a lot, and they did, but Ruby and Sapphire were still the best selling GBA games. It's kind of like the transition from the Wii to the Wii U. Everyone wanted to have a Game Boy because it was a new thing that was cool to have. When Nintendo started making new and improved handhelds casuals were satisfied with their older models and eventually stopped using them altogether.
>>
>>26446753
Gen 2, that's when the well began to dry up and the fad ended.
You can tell because Crystal is around Emerald levels instead of Yellow.

Also this needs to be updated, ORAS is now the best selling remake.
>>
>>26447335
>Also this needs to be updated, ORAS is now the best selling remake.
It didn't even break 12 million
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/3ds.html
>>
>>26446753
Two reasons: One. because there were too big of gaps between games to hold the popularity beck then and two, because the anime went downhill in popularity so less new fans are brought in.
>>
>>26446753
>what happend to the sales between gen 1 to gen 3?
Normies moved on to other things
>>
>>26446753
>Red, Blue, and Green are all added together for one line
>Gold and Silver are seperate lines
This could not be more disengenuous.
>>
>>26447751
??
gold&silver are together
>>
Pokémon as a fad died after Johto, what we were left with was the true fans, rather than just the kids who were playing along with the crowd.

It is impossible to overstate how popular Pokémon was during Gens I and II. I got in on the ground floor on Gen I UK launch day and I'd still say Gen II is what I have the most nostalgia for because of how fucking on fire the franchise was.
>>
>>26446753
Backlash to Pokemania. Gen 3 was the "Pokemon is overrated and stupid" phase which thankfully went away.
>>
Do you think sun&moon will suprise with their sales?
>>
>>26447003
>>26446910
>Pokemon was supposed to end at Generation II.

that's the anime story
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.