[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Live Action Pokemon Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 15

File: Pokemon-Apokelypse-Poster.jpg (259KB, 1054x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Apokelypse-Poster.jpg
259KB, 1054x1600px
According to an article that was just posted by the Hollywood Reporter, the Pokemon Company is secretly courting film companies to produce a big-budget, live action Pokemon film!

The report says that Legendary, Warner Bros., and Sony are all vying to the rights for it; apparently, a deal is close to being reached with Legendary. Legendary has produced films such as Man of Steel, Pacific Rim, Godzilla, Interstellar, and Jurassic World.

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pokemon-movie-rights-bidding-war-884207
>>
Old news OP.
>>
>>26446345
This.

But Jesus Christ, anyone but Sony please.
>>
>Ray William As Ash
>>
>>26446353
>Sony
Rachet & clank was a failure
>>
Please not live action. Please CGI.
>>
>>26446330

One actually based on Red and the original games could be decent as Origins proved.
If it's about Ash and his universe of absolutely fucking boredom then it's doomed to fail.
>>
>>26446391
I dont think is about ash, he gets movie every year
>>
File: 1438230032639.gif (2MB, 314x159px) Image search: [Google]
1438230032639.gif
2MB, 314x159px
>>26446330
>Legendary
>Muh dick
>>
A live action film for this series would be very difficult to exeggcute. There are too many variables in what direction the plot should go. Do you cater to the younger fans making it a stand alone fun-time flick, or do you pander to the genwunners and follow Ash on a stand alone adventure?

If it's got a large enough budget it should be a trilogy: Red on his journey through Kanto, taking most of the focus from the gyms and league and placing it on Team Rocket and the bonds between humans and Pokemon.

More to consider, is there a legendary Pokemon? Every Pokemon film in the past has introduced a new legendary or mythical Pokemon, shouldn't the live action film get one too?
>>
File: ghosstbusterd.jpg (41KB, 628x530px)
ghosstbusterd.jpg
41KB, 628x530px
>>26446375
Only Sony could take one of the biggest titles in film history and fuck it up so badly, more dislikes than likes by a long shot.
Just think what they will do to Pokémon.
>>
>>26446421
>exeggcute
kek
>>
File: 1463312775108.png (41KB, 726x543px)
1463312775108.png
41KB, 726x543px
>>26446375

No kidding. Work at a theater and the only time it even got the slightest bit of attention was on the weekends. Even then the most attention I would get is 7 or 9 people and that was still rare. Otherwise it was nobody to about 2-3 people. Sat in a few showings during lunch to chill with my food because it was usually empty.
>>
>>26446330
If a live-action Pokemon movie were made and if it attempted to adapt an entire game's worth of content, it would be way too fast-paced and exposition-heavy like The Last Airbender. A decent live action movie would cover all that in a brief intro similar to the anime movies lasting only a few minutes then go into an original story that takes place after the protagonist becomes Champion.
>>
>>26446375
That's why I said anyone but Sony.
They shouldn't be allowed to make films ever.

I hope Legendary gets it, since apart from Disney, Legendary is the only studio making films I actually enjoy.
>>
>>26446330
Am I the only one that unironically loved that fake trailer? The CGI was shitty but I thought it was a cool idea.
>>
>They decide to remake one of the already existing movies in live action and CGI
Which one do they pick? I think the third movie would be best.
>>
>>26446560
The edginess and their basing it off the anime was worse than the disgusting CGI.
>>
>>26446577
Raise of Darkrai directed by Rolland Emmerich
>>
>>26446330
that pikachu is gonna give me nightmares tonight i know it
>>
>take a cartoony franchise
>make it live action
FUCKING WHY
I would pay to watch a Pokémon movie made by Dreamworks.
Think HTTYD but with Pokémon
>>
Live action Pokemon would be terrible. I'd like to see a movie by a different studio though. SHAFT doing the Magearna movie would be fun.
>>
File: 1463926091952.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1463926091952.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>26446330
So...which Pokemon do you think they would use on the movie?

And which ones would you like to see?
>>
>>26446679

Mewtwo.

because most normies know him the most.
>>
>>26446689
I wouldn't mind this. I always enjoyed the genetic horror stuff, and Mewtwo could make for an intimidating antagonist.
>>
File: 20150101093704.png (65KB, 1254x1254px) Image search: [Google]
20150101093704.png
65KB, 1254x1254px
>>26446330
That is the absolute, most hideous and disgusting design for Pikachu I have ever seen in my entire life.
>>
>>26446629
>Dreamworks

Ugh, no way Jose.
Dreamworks is the absolute worst.
>>
>no Robin Williams to play Oak
What's the point?
>>
>>26446915
I'm guessing you like minions
>>
File: ...........png (28KB, 290x149px) Image search: [Google]
...........png
28KB, 290x149px
>>26446330
If its Legendary, I guess its fine with me. I loved Godzilla, Interstellar, Jurassic World, and especially Pacific Rim, so I have faith in Legendary if they gain the rights to make the movie. If they end up fucking this movie up, however, [pic related].
>>
>>26446356
Anthony Padilla.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
>so many different animals to use as a base for a realistic yet faithful and cute Pikachu
>they decide to make the most hideous, horrifying, skinny, blood-thirsty model for the poor little creature
I present to you, the Quokka. Probably one of the cutest shits you'll ever see, many call it the happiest looking animal in the world. It already has the chubby cheeks, just tweak some things, mix with some other animals, paint it yellow and make a realistic Pikachu. So as you can see you can make something "realistic" that's also fluffy and cute, without going to the cartoony extreme or the gritty alien rat extreme like many concept artists do these days. And when adapting one of the most recognizable and kid-friendly mascots in history, you might wanna avoid the "crawling in my skin" territory and remain smart with your design. Ya fucking shithead.
>>
>>26447471
agreed
>>
>>26446679
Hopefully not only Gen 1 mons. I would at least want to see a cameo of all Pokémon throughout the movie
>>
>>26447513
Goddammit Bill stop posting here and do your job.
>>
>>26446421
>If it's got a large enough budget it should be a trilogy: Red on his journey through Kanto, taking most of the focus from the gyms and league and placing it on Team Rocket and the bonds between humans and Pokemon.

It'd suck ass.
>>
File: image.png (492KB, 929x509px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
492KB, 929x509px
>>26446330
>ACTUALLY wanting an IRL Origins rehash
Origins proved you can't condense a Pokemon story into less than two hours. Every Gym except Brock and Giovanni will be skipped, they'll focus on "muh Lavender spoops" for no reason again, it'll be a huge Charizard/Pikachu masturbation fest, etc.

Nostalgiafaggotry and Genwunner pandering all but confirms a movie will deal with nothing but Kanto and the original 151.
>>
>>26446356
>pokemon means ash
>>>/9fag/
>>
>>26446421

They can be smart and take variables from the manga and spinoffs and actually make it well and do it's own telling of the story.

But its Hollywood and if it comes out, it's gonna be a poor adaptation of the games with shittons of executive meddling and be shit, further cementing the fact that video game movies cannot be good outside of three of them.
>>
File: I will protect it.jpg (15KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
I will protect it.jpg
15KB, 400x290px
>>26447513
>google it for more pictures
>>
>>26446330
Squirtle looks like it's about to crumble into fucking dust.
>>
>>26447583

You know that's downright impossible. By the time the movie would come out there,s gonna be 833+ of the damn things and we're still in the Nostalgia phrase where people wanna remember "the good ol' days"
>>
File: 248Tyranitar_Dream.png (26KB, 346x409px) Image search: [Google]
248Tyranitar_Dream.png
26KB, 346x409px
>There will never be someone doing a movie project that isn't based around gen 1 only
I mean it doesn't even have to finish and come out, it'd just be nice to see it come from someone who isn't just basing it around the nostalgia days.

They need to see the light, pic related.
>>
>>26446330
Oh boy can't wait for more charizard dick sucking and gen 1 pandering
>>
>>26447651

>a poor adaptation of the games with shittons of executive meddling and be shit.
We already have that but in anime form. The net effect this will have on the franchise's quality can only be possitive. The issue is that if it is bad, the pokemon fanbase will love it so we will have to deal with it here.
>>
>>26447786
>The net effect this will have on the franchise's quality can only be possitive.

That's what they said about BvS.

And then it came out.
>>
>>26447681
>
>we're still in the Nostalgia phrase where people wanna remember "the good ol' days"
That implies there's a phase where normies will actually care about pokemon, which wont happen.

Although i'm seeing a very possitive response from nostalgiafags to the new mons so maybe (hopefully) i'll be proven wrong.
>>
>>26447794
Batman and superman had plenty of good stories, including live action movies, that are also very known.

Not even close to being a similar case.
>>
>>26446375
Ratchet & Clank sucks? Damn I was looking forward to that movie I loved those games growing up.
>>
>>26447817

Except the fact that many people were saying BvS would guarantee make $1 billion box office. Then the reviews came out saying it was a not good movie, which stopped many people from watching it and it just barely made its total budget back. Reviews do matter a lot more than you think and if a Pokemon movie comes out and if everyone says its shit, that's gonna stop a lot of people from watching it, which will prevent it from making a good profit.
>>
>>26447860
Oh, yeah i forgot i was on /vp/ where people relate commercial success to quality.
>>
>>26447844
As a longtime fan of the series I'd say it's an acceptable adaptation, it's far above Dragon Ball: Evolution/The Last Airbender-tier but it's a bad movie to probably everyone who wasn't a fan of the series beforehand.
>>
>>26446330
It will be terrible no matter who picks it up. Think Dragon Ball's live action movie.
>>
Live action or CGI, if the Pokemon look decent and they don't say their goddamn names I'll be happy. I'm 20, started with red and blue, and I'm into the DEEPEST LORE vibe that theorists and connections in-game canon imply about the actual story behind the Pokemon universe. I want my mind fucking blown with an epic adventure.
>>
>>26447878

which is funny because BvS was neither, and it's having a negative impact on the whole DC Cinematic Universe in which WarnerBros has no idea what to do with.
>>
>>26447883
Alright, as a long time fan, should I see it/is it worth the watch?
>>
Why does anybody want this, or want to do this? There is ZERO chance of pokemon being translated into live action looking good. It's like that for most anime, but especially this.
>>
>>26447906
That still doesnt relate the two variables.
BvS is not the rest of the dceu.
>>
>>26447917
>pokemon is an anime franchise
You just proved why anyone would want this.
>>
>>26447895
>All this about pokemon movie

Wew lads get out Americans and international source material is like 90% shit
>>
>>26447954
What? What are you even saying? Spotted the 13 yo Brit trying to troll
>>
>>26447917
Well after Jungle Book I'm willing to entertain the thought that it's possible.

I just hope that whatever happens that it doesn't go grimdark.
>>
>>26447912
If you liked the Future games yes, it definitely has the tone of those games rather than the PS2 ones. The comedy isn't as bad as you would think.
>>
File: 1438882646187s.jpg (2KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
1438882646187s.jpg
2KB, 125x123px
>>26447471
>World of Warcraft
They literally became shit because of it.
>>
>>26447860
>barely made its budget back
>made 870 million on a 250 budget
>>
>>26447987
>World of Warcraft
I haven't been paying attention to this. It looked meh from the trailers, but has a fucking 9.0 on IMDB >inb4 quoting imdb as a source for quality so a certain amount of people must've thought it was good. I'm assuming it's out already? what made it shit for you, anon?
>>
>>26448028

>what is advertising and marketing and all that other bullshit?

A movie usually has to make 2x to 3x its budget to be considered a success. It's production budget combined with it's other budgets, the movie barely broke even.
>>
>>26448056
This.
Almost all blockbuster movies such as superhero movies spend twice as much on advertising than the movie itself
>>
>>26446330
The only way a live action will work is
>They trash all existing stories (the ashnime, the game plots, the manga etc etc) and write their own, brand new plot.

Reason for this is because its not like dragonball where its a big storyline across all media platforms. Pokemon has a different storyline in every platform of media, games have their own, ashnime has its own, and the manga has its own.

Secondly creating any live action character like ash would be disasterous, we've watched ash for years now, so a live action would do no justice, to find someone with the right voice and look and good acting would be quite the feat.
Their best bet would be start anew, unless they were going to start a movie on a side character such as giovanni, would be dope , The Rise of Giovanni.
>>
>>26448286
I would like a movie that has nothing to do with gyms. I would be fine with just world exploration.
>>
>>26448286
>Secondly creating any live action character like ash would be disasterous, we've watched ash for years now, so a live action would do no justice.
Agree. You can't represent 20 years of trash in 2 hours tops, it can only be better than ash.

That's why a live action movie is a good idea.
>>
>>26448302
Even if not gyms, the movie will have.some sort of plot(as in " stuff would happen until a conclusion"), so you probably wont like it anyways.
>>
>>26448336
I think that you have no idea on what I was talking about.
>>
>>26448355
That you want the movie to be about exploration of the pokemon world.
>>
Hope this isnt as bad as the dbz live action movie.
>>
Why do people assume guns would do shit to Pokemon?

Creatures that can casually annihilate buildings and skyscrapers and some can even wipe cities and mountains off the map and other Pokemon can match that power.

Why do they do this? To be edgy?
>>
So long as the protagonist isn't some 26-year old trying to be a 10 year old, I'll be happy. That is literally the cringiest shit out there.
>>
>>26448033
it comes out on june 10
>>
>>26448421
most pokemon are not armor plated or protected by psycho-kenetic energy fields, so yeah, bullets would fuck them up.

>bullet punch
>>
>>26448689
Bullets would not fuck them up as bullets can fail to go through special glass.

>bullet punch
Just an attack name that clearly hits harder than an actual bullet.
>>
>>26448716
special bullets exist that can go through that glass though.

would a handgun do anything to an aggron? probably not. would a 50 caliber machine gun with AP rounds? i'd say theres a good chance it would fucking kill the beast.
>>
>>26448752
No considering it can take attacks from other Pokemon that can shatter skyscrapers.

It's the same kinda shit you'd expect if you tried shooting Goku or Superman with a gun. Their durability is too high and it'd just bounce off at best.
>>
File: 1449473506361.png (568KB, 628x662px)
1449473506361.png
568KB, 628x662px
>>26448768
>can shatter skyscrapers
[citation needed]
most legends have been shown with barely enough power to collapse a building on their own

most OP examples being the hoopa, deoxys and darkrai movies.
mewtwo can just manage to blow holes in things.

>tried shooting Goku or Superman with a gun
>>
>>26447983
Thanks anon I'll see it as I planned
>>
>Eva Green as Professor
>>
>Elijah Wood as Ash
>Andy Serkis as Pikachu
>Dwayne The Rock Johnson as Brock
>Emma Stone as Misty
>Anne Hathaway as Delia
>Christopher Walken as Professor Oak
>Helena-Bonham Carter as Jessie
>Johnny Depp as James
>Gilbert Gottfried as Meowth
>>
>>26453858
What about Gary?
>>
>>26453966
channing tatum
>>
>>26446330
Enrique Peña Nieto as Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town.
Lucerito as Misty.
Gustavo "Gus" Rodríguez as Brock.
Adal Ramones as James.
Bety la Fea as Jessie.
La India María as Delia Ketchum.
Chabelo as Prof. Oak.
El Chapo as Gary Oak.
Mario Castañeda as Pikachu.
Eugenio Derbez as Meowth.
>>
File: Draper.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
Draper.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>26454428
>>
>>26446431
So far I have not seen that trailer nor do I plan on seeing it. Even when it shows up on TV, I quickly turn the TV off. I'm sure I'll eventually see it by accident or something, but I refuse to even acknowledge that as even a thing.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.