[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TFW people actually think there'll be gen 4 remakes...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: Sinnoh_3DS.png (2MB, 1992x888px) Image search: [Google]
Sinnoh_3DS.png
2MB, 1992x888px
I just don't see it? They're compatible with current games, so there's no need to remake them..
Gen 4 was even one of my favourites, I just don't see the need to remake them?
>>
Muh patterns.
>>
>people actually thought there'd be Hoenn remakes
G-Good thing that didn't happen, right?
>>
I'm thinking these will happen in Gen 8
>>
>>26432489
Well.. People were called crazy when they started hyping up ORAS months before it was confirmed.
>>
>>26432510
Basically this. Once the next handheld comes around, GameFreak will have an excuse to make what will likely be the worst remakes of all time, just because there's a colossal amount of ways they can fuck it up.
>>
I agree but actually they are just so shit and unplayable that it makes me want them to be remade. Sinnoh was an ugly pile of shit compared to Hoenn and the transition to DS was cringeworthy.

>Keep Platinum's Pokedex
>Make Hearthome City the new Lumiose/Mauville
>Giratina gets a Delta Episode equivalent
>Many aesthetic improvements, removing the neon-green grass and making Mt Coronet more fun to navigate.
>Player has limited customisation eg switch between new outfit and gen 4 outfit etc
>Online contests without the dress-up crap

IMO these dire games are the most deserving a remake. But yeah, there's no need for one as such.
>>
>>26432489
>They're compatible with current games, so there's no need to remake them

Yeah, and?

FRLG were released for the fucking GBA. You could play RBY on the GBA, yet they still got a remake.
>>
>>26432682
RS didn't have all of Gen 1 and 2 available, and you couldn't transfer from Gen 2.
>>
File: 18.png (9KB, 392x429px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
9KB, 392x429px
>>26432682

Are you underage? Or just stupid?

You couldn't transfer pokemon from GB games to the GBA ones, anon.
>>
>>26432662
>Hoenn
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: 1462996403357.jpg (149KB, 1568x2140px) Image search: [Google]
1462996403357.jpg
149KB, 1568x2140px
You realize that back in the day before XY was released people talked about HOENN CONFIRMED way but it was actually confirmed, dissenters claimed ORAS would never happen but it did.
>>
File: Great Story Mark.jpg (11KB, 320x322px) Image search: [Google]
Great Story Mark.jpg
11KB, 320x322px
>>26432489
Mate, people made the exact same threads about Ruby & Sapphire. It's only a matter of time before they do. The original RS was compatitable with today's games, yet they were remade. At the very least, they might eventually release DPP on the NX eShop.
>>
File: Gadget.jpg (32KB, 306x231px) Image search: [Google]
Gadget.jpg
32KB, 306x231px
>>26432708
>You couldn't transfer pokemon from GB games to the GBA ones, anon.
>>
>>26432752
He's right though, you couldn't.

When OP said compatibility I was thinking in terms of playability, not trading.
>>
Need? What need?

They don't need to do it, they'll do it because it's easy money.
>>
>>26432489
>tfw gen 7 style models for Dawn.
>>
>>26432489
I can see it happening, considering the games have developed quite a bit graphically since gen 6. These games were released almost 10 years ago. FR LG were released just 8 years after the originals.
>>
>>26432503
i didnt believe it during Gen 5. we could still dongle with the DS so there wasnt a need for it, but i guess they still wanted that P/S split to be a thing for gen 3.

anyway I still highly believe we dont need Gen 4 remakes, maybe a VC rerelease with Nintendo Network capabilities would be better, but i bet they still want it to have the fairy type and some megas
>>
>TFW
>caps
go away reddit
>>
>>26432489
>They're compatible with current games
So were R/S/E when ORAS came out. Being incompatible isn't the only reason why remakes are made. Maybe this was the case only for FR/LG, since that whole Gen was doomed to have an incomplete dex weren't for them.
>>
Gen IV games are just barely compatible. You need to buy another set of games just to leapfrog over to current-gen.
>>
Honestly, after ORAS I wish they wouldn't remake any more games. There were so many features from Emerald which were just dropped (and I'm not talking story-wise).
>>
Just remake Platinum and Crystal as a pair
>>
>>26432951
If X/Y had a Battle Frontier they would have just ported it over like with HG/SS

What else of note was dropped because I honestly can't remember
>>
>>26432975
Gym leader rematches.
>>
>>26432985
I suppose that's a fair point
>>
If they do, give us more shit like the delta episode.

Maybe something seriously pisses in Darkrai's cornflakes, and it starts to plunge Sinnoh into a world of nightmares. Could be remnants of Team Galactic trying to abuse its power out of revenge for their defeat, could just be it freaking out after the world was almost destroyed and it's throwing nightmares around like a spastic. Either way, as long as they start making more event exclusives able to be caught in the games, and doing it through end game quests, or even sidequests during the main story, I'll be happy.
>>
File: 1312096740743.jpg (99KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1312096740743.jpg
99KB, 600x600px
>>26433018
>give us more shit like the delta episode
>>
>>26433037
The concept behind the delta episode is pretty good. It's a post-game campaign after all.
>>
File: 1457689527590.png (226KB, 1002x946px) Image search: [Google]
1457689527590.png
226KB, 1002x946px
>>26433037
I don't mean exactly like it. The constant backtracking can fuck right off. But the idea behind it? End game content quest with a prize at the end? Keep that.

I think all legendaries should have little quest-lines to get them, like the Regis did.
>>
>>26432906
>maybe a VC rerelease with Nintendo Network capabilities would be better
this
>>
>>26432489
That pattern for remakes is 2 handheld-gens after the originals

GB (R/B/Y), GBC (G/S/C), GBA (R/S/E + FR/LG), DS (D/P/Pt +HG/SS, B/W + B2/W2), 3DS (X/Y + OR/AS, Su/Mo)

Gen 4 Remakes are coming after the 3DS has run its course.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.