[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LESS CONTENT THAN XY CONFIRMED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 24

File: 1439943183758.jpg (52KB, 368x499px) Image search: [Google]
1439943183758.jpg
52KB, 368x499px
>XY Strategy Guide = 416 Pages
>SM Strategy Guide = 368 Pages

LESS CONTENT THAN XY CONFIRMED

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Official-Region-Guidebook-Strategy/dp/0804161992/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1463904673&sr=1-1&keywords=pokemon+x+and+y+strategy+guide

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Sun-Moon-Official-Collectors/dp/0744017483/ref=pd_sim_14_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=51CjPJg1KIL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL320_SR236%2C320_&refRID=1BT1447YM51SP6EQEYZP
>>
File: 1425367285645.png (1MB, 1019x881px) Image search: [Google]
1425367285645.png
1MB, 1019x881px
>>26432233
Th-this doesn't necessarily confirm anything...
>>
>>26432243
Keep in mind they always separate the PokeDex books and the Strategy Guide books. So this is LITERALLY just in-game content.

LITERALLY less than XY.
>>
well, not necessarily. Could be just more concise, less filler, different format. useless, excess crap removed llike beauty contests, etc..
>>
>>26432259
>already justifying removal of content
>>
>>26432259
That's literally the definition of less content, dipshit.
>>
Smaller font confirmed fontfags btfo
>>
>>26432233
So the guidebook is finished that means the games too.
>>
>>26432251
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I always used to get the Strat guide for novelty's sake, I have a nice hardcover BW1 one and the graphic for the dex is their in-game sprites. Real nice. But I'll never get one again after they started doing this separating-the-dex-and-the-guide meme. Disgusting fucking kikes.
>>
I don't understand, whats the problem with a shorter game??? we have so many pokemon games anyways, just play one of those if you get bored. really this is a silly thing to get fussy over
>>
I work at Barnes and Noble, and our system says these get shipped in a pretty massive quantity in about three months. Was going to make a post about it today but got drunk and passed out.

I'll leak it all in August, boys.
>>
>>26432282
Go to bed, Game Freak. And do us all a favor and don't wake up.
>>
>>26432233
Well, better than DP and BW at least.
>296 and 256 pages
>>
File: 1457603281408.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457603281408.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>26432282

You can't be serious right?
>>
>>26432233
There are no megas so you don't need to waste 48 pages on them.
>>
>>26432284
Good lad.
>>
>>26432284

I actually believe you, except the part about leaking it.
>>
>>26432292
BW and DP had more content than XY, so that proves nothing I guess.
>>
>>26432291
>>26432293
literally crybabies, are you seriously mad at this? i mean look at >>26432292, they;re still long games. are you stupid or something??
>>
>>26432281
>>26432251
Didn't know they did that. I got the Platinum one; literal fuccking GOAT, but exactly for that reason: it had everything. This is pure bullshit
>>
>>26432264
>>26432269
Different anon but he's right, less pages in this book doesn't mean shit. X and Y had 4 rivals and each of them had a bunch of useless filler devoted to them in things like this. Doesn't necessarily mean there will be less content, just less dancing Tierno.
>>
>>26432233
XY was already pushing the limits of the 3DS so don't expect much of SM.
>>26432282
The franchise should be moving forward having larger more complete games each generation. Having a little amount of content makes it feel like DLC for XY instead of a large complete game that could last 4 years.
>>
File: 14356454564.jpg (31KB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
14356454564.jpg
31KB, 598x448px
>>26432306
>LOL XD WHY DON'T YOU WANT LESS GAME? WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DUM? XDD
>>
>>26432233
It's good enough that they don't need as much flashy propaganda to justify the flaws. Easy!
>>
>>26432321
wow you really are mad hahaha
>>
>>26432321
If i condense all the text from a 624 page book in a single,unreadable page, does that make the game short?
>>
File: 1435499274351.jpg (42KB, 960x868px) Image search: [Google]
1435499274351.jpg
42KB, 960x868px
>>26432333
Considering that has never and would never fucking happen, your argument is dog shit.
>>
File: 1463080789594.png (228KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463080789594.png
228KB, 600x600px
Can't wait to enjoy my short relaxing game while contentfags make hourly threads about how short SM is. Short pokemon games are the best. Play the game, beat it, start over with a new team. With long games you either end up with a team that is too high a level or a new team that you have to grind. I can't wait for my short comfy game. 1 play-through with each starter in the time it takes to finish a long boring pokemon games. This gon' be good.
>>
>>26432355
Found the Shill
>>
>>26432341
You know what would never happen too? A game being short based on the lenght of its guidebook. You've been already proven wrong in this thread.
>>
>>26432233
>>26432292
Confirmed absolutely meaningless
>>
>>26432233
Who gives a fuck? I mean really, is anybody surprised by this? Pokemon is the most bizarre series in existence because every game adds and removes a such huge amount of content that it's basically a gamble whether the game ends up decent or not. There hasn't been a single game to take what the previous gens did and improve since gen 2, it's just a mish-mash of gimmicks and bullshit that muddle the experience overall. There isn't a single Pokemon game in existence that needs a strategy guide longer than 50 pages, and that's a fact. Maybe the missing 50 or so pages were information on all the retarded shit that was in XY, like custom trainer videos, Pokemon Amie, super training, the rollerskates, etc. The games will come out, they'll be mediocre like almost every Pokemon game is, and that'll be the end of it.
>>
File: just fucking kill me then.png (766KB, 1000x1294px) Image search: [Google]
just fucking kill me then.png
766KB, 1000x1294px
>>26432233
>>
>>26432418
Fuck off my board, nostalgiafag.
>>
>>26432418
You're mostly right, expect SM will be GOAT.
>>
>>26432233
What the fuck do you need 400 pages guide for?
>>
File: 1462372480998-a.jpg (146KB, 376x800px) Image search: [Google]
1462372480998-a.jpg
146KB, 376x800px
>>26432233
>this isn't even a joke thread
>/vp/ is just unironically this retarded
I don't know what I was expecting tbqh familia
>>
What's the game with the most content? Emerald? Platinum? Both data books have less pages.
>>
>>26432233
Maybe they cut out things like fairy type, super training, PokémonAmi and PSS.
>>
>>26432233
Maybe the strategy guide is just much more concise.

Or maybe vital chunks of information are left out "for the sake of mystery and suspense."
>>
>>26432439
>Gen 1 sets the basics down
>Gen 2 fixes balance issues with the typings, and adds a second region
>Gen 3 goes back to one region but we get contests
>Emerald adds Battle Tower
>Gen 4 does nothing but no more Battle Tower
>Gen 2 remakes add following Pokemon
>Gen 5 removes contests and following Pokemon but hey we get that dumb train shit
>Gen 5.5 adds the World Tournament thing
>Gen 6 removes train shit and World Tournament but hey now we can give our Pokemon handjobs in Amie
It's not nostalgia, it's fact. Gen 2 was the only straight-up improvement. Better graphics, twice the land mass, more Pokemon, more typings. It's the only generation to not blatantly cut features for literally no reason.
>>
>>26432461
>Gen 5 removes two stupid, worthless Reddittier features nobody cares about
>Preserves the most content of any Gen
>Adds 44 new features, more than any other Gen

>It's not nostalgia, it's fact.
Jesus Christ

>Gen 2 was the only straight-up improvement.
Are you forgetting all the shit from Kanto that was removed on purpose? Or is this Bait of the Century.
>>
>>26432461
>gen 4 does nothing
Except:
- Establish a difference between physical and special moves.
- Online play and trading.
- add new evolutions to give older, mediocre Pokemon better stats (weavile, gliscor)
- added more battle items like the focus sash, choice scarf and choice specs.
- stealth rocks
>>
>>26432272
Games are generally finished (aside from bug-fixes) months in advance of the release date. Given that the game is coming out in 6 months or so, it'd be a good bet that almost all the actual gameplay content is done or at the very least designed if not implemented. The next 4-5 months will be finishing up loose ends, performance optimization, QA, and then Nintendo might have to certify it as well. Then the game will go gold and ship out.
>>
>>26432482
This only applies to games that are attempted to be designed well. Rushed trashy games are another story.
>>
>>26432292
Thread should've ended here.
>>
>>26432461
>>Emerald adds Battle Tower
>>Gen 4 does nothing but no more Battle Tower
Are you definitely sure about that?
>>
>>26432461

>Gen 2 fixes balance issues with the typings, and adds a second region
Gen 2 removed all the good shit from Kanto, and no, it didn't fix SHIT for typing.
>Gen 3 goes back to one region but we get contests
Gen 2's "second region" bullshit is bullshit. Kanto felt so empty. Stop memeing
>Gen 4 does nothing but no more Battle Tower
Ever heard of WiFi connection? Or Physical Special split? Or cross gen evos?
>Gen 2 remakes add following Pokemon
A feature nobody but Facebook cares about
>Gen 5 removes contests and following Pokemon but hey we get that dumb train shit
Are you implying CONTESTS and A SPRITE FOLLOWING YOU is great, but an infinite Singles/Doubles/Triples/Rotation Battle Center is dumb?
>Gen 5.5 adds the World Tournament thing
"World Tournament thing."
Holy shit, kill yourself. The World Tournament is probably the biggest, best feature we've ever had.
"thing."
>Gen 6 removes train shit and World Tournament but hey now we can give our Pokemon handjobs in Amie
For a faggot who likes 16x16 sprites following his own sprite around a game, I'd assume you'd like giving all your Johtomons rimjobs.

You're worthless nostalgia trash with horrible taste. Off yourself.
>>
>>26432461
THE BATTLE TOWER IS IN GEN FOUR YOU GOD DAMN MORON LMAO
THIS WHOLE POST IS GOLD
SCREENCAP THIS SOMEBODY PLEASE
>>
>>26432509
>A feature nobody but Facebook cares about
Please suck GameFreak's dick harder.
I don't give a shit about the rest of the mess of an argument you and that anon are having, but you have your head up your ass if you don't think it's a valid complaint that features keep getting dropped.
>>
>>26432476
>Gen 5 removes two stupid, worthless Reddittier features nobody cares about
Content is content.
>Preserves the most content of any Gen
The fuck does this mean? It removed more than gen 4 did at the very least.
>Adds 44 new features
Let's see those 44 new feature and we'll see if even 5 of them are comparable to what gen 2 did.

>Are you forgetting all the shit from Kanto that was removed on purpose?
Apparently they were so minor and insignificant that I did. Whatever they were, I'm sure it was a worthy trade off to get things like breeding, hold items, baby Pokemon, etc.

>>26432477
>Establish a difference between physical and special moves.
A really good addition that I thought was part of gen 3, my bad.
>Online play and trading.
Which is neat, but flawed. Still suffering from the same flaws it's had for 10 years, like an inability to set parameters for a GTS trade beyond level and gender.
>The rest
Also neat changes. I don't hate Gen 4, it's one of my favorites which is why I didn't rag on it much, but I hardly remember it.

>>26432497
>>26432514
Apparently it is, been a while. Gen 4 was hardly the point of my post though, which is why it only got one line.

>>26432509
>This whole post
What's the "good shit" from Kanto? How was Kanto more empty than the non-existent end-game that Hoenn had? Why has Gamefreak not implemented a decent wi-fi trading system since they first tried ten fucking years ago? I didn't diss the World Tournament, I even lamented it getting dropped in Gen 6. Following Pokemon is the most important feature the series has ever had.
>>
>>26432519
Following Pokemon is one of the most useless, rudimentary features and I'm not bothered one fucking ounce that it's gone. If you actually care that it ever existed or that it no longer does, you're an awful excuse for a person and have grounds to base any critique on. That's a feature only for projecting furfags who roleplay and write bad fanfics.
>>
>>26432461
Forgot to mention that Gen 3 removed day/night, that was some serious bullshit
>>
>>26432533
You have a giant hateboner for a very harmless feature, so no one else can have it.
Kill yourself, manchild, do this board a favor because it's human garbage like you that makes this board an awful place.
>>
>>26432531
>It removed more than gen 4 did at the very least.
Might wanna go fact check yourself. You already fucked up on the Battle Tower.

>Let's see those 44 new feature and we'll see if even 5 of them are comparable to what gen 2 did.
Go check Bulbapedia you lazy faggot. It lists all the features added and removed from every set of games.

>Apparently they were so minor and insignificant that I did.
Ah, I guess the Safari Zone, Viridian Forest, Cinnabar Island, and Mount Moon are insignificant. Jesus, do you have Alzheimer's?

>A really good addition that I thought was part of gen 3, my bad.
Jesus CHRIST. You keep getting BTFO. Go fucking fact check before you make garbage claims. Nobody should be taking you seriously.

>Which is neat, but flawed. Still suffering from the same flaws it's had for 10 years, like an inability to set parameters for a GTS trade beyond level and gender.
Didn't you just say "Content is content." Pretty sure WiFi capabilities added some of the MOST content ever. Dumbass.

>Apparently it is, been a while.
Jesus, more Alzheimer's.

>the non-existent end-game that Hoenn had
Have you never heard of the Sevi Islands? Or the fucking BATTLE FRONTIER?

>Following Pokemon is the most important feature the series has ever had.
I hope you go back to >>>/reddit/ and stay there.
>>
This doesnt confirm anything but at the same time it seems like the game wont be super huge/long if thats the real pages number

ORAS part 1 had 480 pages....

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Omega-Ruby-Alpha-Sapphire/dp/1101898208/ref=pd_sim_14_2/190-4808593-5132720?ie=UTF8&dpID=61eCb6PWt%2BL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL320_SR236%2C320_&refRID=030P6BGTCN38QYG2RBEY

BW2 part 1 had 464

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Omega-Ruby-Alpha-Sapphire/dp/1101898208/ref=pd_sim_14_2/190-4808593-5132720?ie=UTF8&dpID=61eCb6PWt%2BL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL320_SR236%2C320_&refRID=030P6BGTCN38QYG2RBEY
>>
>>26432569
>First two
Not checking your shit for you, you list Veridian fucking Forest as a "feature" later, so you've obviously got a pretty skewed idea of what that word means

>Safari Zone
The very first version of the safari zone was trash. There were only a handful of catchable Pokemon and the Bug Catching Contest was basically the same shit.
>Viridian Forest
Oh no a small area with a couple bug catchers and maybe a Pikachu if you're lucky, truly egregious
>Cinnabar Island
It's gone for story reasons, though. Another anon, or maybe you for all I know, was complaining about the world being empty, but it's not. It changed. Businesses opened and closed, the layout is a bit different, and Cinnabar got fucked up. Not saying it's good or bad, but it wasn't just cut for fun, and Blaine is still around which is most important.
>Mount Moon
Again, a shitty, short area with some trainers. Not that important compared to major gameplay additions like breeding and held items.

>Jesus CHRIST. You keep getting BTFO. Go fucking fact check before you make garbage claims.
>Making some mistakes and admitting them is getting BTFO
>Go factcheck before posting in a bait thread on fucking /vp/
Nah, no thanks. I'm still right, even if I made a few mistakes. The point I was trying to make is that Gamefreak is more interested in making each game "unique" rather than fun, and their removing features with every new installment is proof of that. You haven't proven me wrong.
>>
>>26432638
Maybe you should stop replying to retards, or at least use sage.
>>
>>26432569
>>26432638
>Didn't you just say "Content is content." Pretty sure WiFi capabilities added some of the MOST content ever. Dumbass.
How is the ability to do the same shit you've been doing since Gen 1 except without a link cable "the most content ever"? The GTS is the only truly new feature there, and as I pointed out, it's trash. It's inherently flawed and has been since day 1, but they won't fix it for some reason.

>Have you never heard of the Sevi Islands?
Nothing compared to the entirety of Kanto
>Or the fucking BATTLE FRONTIER?
Oy vey Goyim, how could I forget the extra features added in Emerald that only cost me an extra $39.99! What a deal! Of course I know it you dunce, I pointed it out already in my original post.

>I hope you go back to >>>/reddit/ and stay there
Only said it to trigger you, glad it worked.
>>
File: 1383919401569.png (99KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
1383919401569.png
99KB, 544x400px
>>26432531
>Following Pokemon is the most important feature the series has ever had.
Jesus christ anon, I liked it, but it's not the most important feature ever.
>>
>>26432233
The BW, DP, and HGSS books were all shorter than that, and they all have more content than XY.

source: i am looking at the pages right now
>>
>>26432638
I never said Viridian Forest is a feature. "Content is content." Right? Or are you just doing damage control now?

>The very first version of the safari zone was trash. There were only a handful of catchable Pokemon and the Bug Catching Contest was basically the same shit.
"Content is content."

>Oh no a small area with a couple bug catchers and maybe a Pikachu if you're lucky, truly egregious
"Content is content."

>It's gone for story reasons, though. Another anon, or maybe you for all I know, was complaining about the world being empty, but it's not. It changed. Businesses opened and closed, the layout is a bit different, and Cinnabar got fucked up. Not saying it's good or bad, but it wasn't just cut for fun, and Blaine is still around which is most important.
"Content is content."

>Again, a shitty, short area with some trainers. Not that important compared to major gameplay additions like breeding and held items.
"Content is content."

>Nah, no thanks.
>W-Why fact check myself when I can embarrass myself more?
>I'm still right, even if I made a few mistakes.
>I'm still right

>You haven't proven me wrong.
You've already proven yourself wrong, Captain Contradiction.

>>26432644
I don't believe someone is defending this retard. Most likely you samefagging.
>05:22:43
>05:23:47
>Minute cooldown time between posts
Yep. Samefag.

>>26432645
>Nothing compared to the entirety of Kanto
>entirety of Kanto
>entirety
Time to dust off the Gameboy and replay the classics, Gramps! Looks like your Alzheimer's is really bad.

>Oy vey Goyim, how could I forget the extra features added in Emerald that only cost me an extra $39.99!
Not relevant retard. You said Hoenn had no post game, then got proven wrong. Stop moving your goal posts and accept that you're an uninformed retard.

>Only said it to trigger you, glad it worked.
Always On Edge
>>
>>26432658
Everyone with sense already left the thread:
>>26432292
>>26432304
>>26432385
>>26432493

It's just the gen war autists and the audience left now.
>>
>>26432666
>samefag
>when another post of his came directly a few seconds after mine
Please Reddit, learn how to read.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mwmxvc2l1q1qz5q5l.gif (927KB, 410x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mwmxvc2l1q1qz5q5l.gif
927KB, 410x282px
>>26432233
>>
>>26432677
cool buzzword, mind if I use it? :^) I'll credit you in the description
>>
>>26432233
I don't even know why you kids want more and more fucking content.
The original 150 pokemons where fine, then it just kept going to shit.
Are they really expecting anyone to catch a thousand pokemon now? What a fucking joke.
>>
>>26432688
You might want to credit yourself.
>>26432569
>>
File: 1433861158911.png (287KB, 496x472px) Image search: [Google]
1433861158911.png
287KB, 496x472px
>>26432697

>The original 150 pokemons where fine, then it just kept going to shit.

YOU NEED TO GO BACK
>>
>>26432658
>>26432671
Hgss book was short because they didnt include kanto in part 1 so i really wouldnt count on this one as a good example.

BW2 and ORAS both 464 and 480 pages and they had all gameplay in part ones and pokedex in part 2 so thats more of a good example. DP books are very old so i also wouldnt use it as a good example.
>>
File: 1458256121190.jpg (49KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
1458256121190.jpg
49KB, 534x486px
>>26432697
>>
>>26432703
That's not me, smart boy. Still waiting for your counter, unless you've given up being a faggot.
>>
>>26432666
>Content is content
Yes it is, anon. Are you forgetting my original point? It was that gen 2 had TWO regions. The fact that the second region isn't in its complete state is upsetting, but it's still more. It's still two regions, even if the second region is only 80% of what it originally was. It's still 180% at the end of the day.

>You've already proven yourself wrong
My point was that Gamefreak needlessly removes features between games. You've actually been arguing in support of me this whole time. Gen 2 is missing some stuff from gen 1, yes, but it added more in return. Most of the other gens didn't make up for what they lost, and even if they did those cool features were removed in the even later games. My original point didn't really have much to do with gen 2, I just used it to point out the one time I felt they did a good job.

>I don't believe someone is defending this retard.
>Samefag.
>Post cooldown timers apply to everyone, any two posts within a minute of each other are the same person
And you said I was from Reddit.

>Time to dust off the Gameboy and replay the classics, Gramps!
It is Kanto in its entirety. Safari zone is closed, Cinnabar is gone, but it's there. Shit changed with time. Sucks that not all the content is intact, but there's in-universe reasons for it. Where's the in-universe reason that you can't change your clothes in ORAS? Where's the in-universe reason that the Maison is copy-pasted into ORAS right down to the French shit?
>>
>>26432697
>DURRRRRRRR I CANT KEEP UP WITH ALL THESE POKEMAN meme
>DURRRRRRRRRRR HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CATCH EM ALL LIKE THE CARTOON TOLD ME TOO?
>DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I ONLY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE "ORIGINAL" ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY ONE POLKAMAWN
>>
>>26432710
Even if they did count Kanto, it barely counts towards the more content = more pages since no other game has two regions.
>>
>>26432719
Nice cop out. Enjoy your shitflinging matches while you're still underage.
>>
>>26432697
So you're saying that you don't want to catch them all?
>>
>>26432726
If they would count Kanto the book would obviously have more pages since Johto alone is the smallest region existing
>>
>>26432720
>It's still two regions, even if the second region is only 80% of what it originally was. It's still 180% at the end of the day.
Considering Kanto and Johto are two of the smallest fucking regions in the franchise, who cares if it has two regions? It barely makes for the content of one.

>You've actually been arguing in support of me this whole time.
>YOU JUST ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD

>Post cooldown timers apply to everyone
The last post was two minutes before yours.

>It is Kanto in its entirety.
Oh?
>Safari zone is closed, Cinnabar is gone
Oh. So it isn't.
>Shit changed with time.
Isn't MUH STORY great? Might as well just head canon that every region is 10x smaller than Kanto.
>Sucks that not all the content is intact, but there's in-universe reasons for it.
Since when did this turn into lore analysis? We're talking about content, bitch. Nobody cares about the dumb ass, almost nonexistent """""""plot""""""""""" of Gen 1 and 2.
>Where's the in-universe reason that you can't change your clothes in ORAS?
Because May and Brendan are pre-established characters that were never designed for you to project yourself in and roleplay like a faggot.
>Where's the in-universe reason that the Maison is copy-pasted into ORAS right down to the French shit?
Where's the in-universe reason that Nidoran and Nidoran are still two seperate Polkamans? Rate, comment, and subscribe to find out in the next video!
>>
It might be for the better, XY felt like it tried to do too much for its own good and ended up being inconsistent.
>>
This is a parody thread right? Nobody is actually this dumb?
>>
>>26432803
I guess its obvious that pages number doesnt equal content but on the other hand it seems that for some reason majority of vp believes that Sun and Moon will be crazy good and will have stupid amount of contnet to - i dont know -make up for gen 6?

Its naive mainly because its the first game of new generation and those were always barebones in that matter. There was no exception sadly
>>
>>26432840
The only remote exception was GS, but considering how barebones Kanto was, it doesn't mean much.
>>
File: 851.jpg (29KB, 480x700px) Image search: [Google]
851.jpg
29KB, 480x700px
>>26432284
>>
The XY strategy guide was a small book.

The SM book looks larger.
>>
>>26432862
Exactly and also the thing with second gen is that you got two regions but Johto is the smallest region of all and kanto was terribly smaller and emptier. So in reality it wasnt much. Not to mention there was no side stuff like even the Battle Tower (that was in Crystal) so even that was barebones
>>
>>26432233
>expecting content from a quick cashgrab meant to keep the 3DS alive until the NX comes out
Oi am laffin
>>
File: 1463052029362.jpg (77KB, 650x524px) Image search: [Google]
1463052029362.jpg
77KB, 650x524px
>>26432875
FUCKING THIS

LARGER PAGES MEANS MORE CONTENT
>>
File: 1461533801133.jpg (58KB, 524x552px) Image search: [Google]
1461533801133.jpg
58KB, 524x552px
>>26432897
TWO HALVES ON COVER = 2 XY GUIDE BOOKS
>>
>>26432897
ORAS was a large book with 480 pages
>>
>>26432897
Oh shit, perhaps there's TOO MUCH content?
>>
>>26432476
>Pokémon Following You
>>Reddittier
I'm not saying you're wrong about everything else, I'm just saying you're wrong about that one anon.
>>
File: Thorton GTFO.png (137KB, 633x521px) Image search: [Google]
Thorton GTFO.png
137KB, 633x521px
>>26432282
Here's your (You), faggot.
>>
>>26432509
Nobody but FaceBook?! Are you crazy?! You're making yourself look worse than Miley Cyrus!!
>>
quality over quantity

why bother writing 100 pages if you have nothing to say?
>>
That doesn't mean anything,anyway the pokedex it's probably smaller this time around due to fan demand 250 or so,so it's probably the pokedex.
>>
>>26432928
Contests were a more worthy feature than following Pokemon.
>>
File: 1388797792908.png (396KB, 574x413px) Image search: [Google]
1388797792908.png
396KB, 574x413px
>>26432282
(you)
>>
>>26432490
Good thing Pokémon isn't Sonic then.
>>
>>26433673
>thought the Sonic Boom show was a surprisingly good cartoon tie-in spun out of the shitty attempts to rebrand the Sonic games again
>the show actually came first and the games were farmed out and hastily rushed out to release along side the show on the direction of Sonic Team
Literally what the fuck do they put in Sonic Team's water?
>>
>>26433686
The idea that more development time =/= better games. I mean, it's been their ideology for more than a decade now.

God, Sonic '06 is literally a decade old now.
>>
There was an interview with GameFreak about 2 years ago where Sugimori said that he wants the game to be simplified and a lot of the repetitive moves to be removed and just replaced with a single move (So instead of 4 attacks that lower defense, it'd be merged into 1 move that lowers defense).

Maybe he got his way and that's why there's less content.
>>
File: 3dokface.png (93KB, 505x379px) Image search: [Google]
3dokface.png
93KB, 505x379px
>TFW no Iwata to optimize the game

>>26432476
You realize the original game didn't have space up to the Elite Four, right? Kanto was rushed back in after Iwata pulled Gamefreak's incompetent asses out of the fire and made Johto and the core game fit within a fraction of the space.
>>
File: image.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>>26432233
POKEMON WILL NEVER BE GREAT AGAIN
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR BROS
>>
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: The Pokémon Company International (November 18, 2016)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0744017475
ISBN-13: 978-0744017472
Shipping Weight: 13 ounces

13 ounces? Not exactly heavy with content.
>>
can someone tell me what im supposed to be looking for here? not sure how anything hints at less content
>>
>>26434925
XY and ORAS had very little content, and SM's guide book has less pages than those; people then assumed SM would have less content then those games. It really doesn't mean anything though as XY/ORAS/SM's guide books all have more pages than DP and BW, which are known for their amount of content.

People are just being dolts, and this thread is pointless.
>>
File: 354673734.png (209KB, 584x604px) Image search: [Google]
354673734.png
209KB, 584x604px
>Giving a shit about story content and not just playing for wifi battles with new pokemons

End yourselves
>>
File: 1419628006759.png (374KB, 900x780px) Image search: [Google]
1419628006759.png
374KB, 900x780px
>>26432233
You gotta be freaking kidding me.
Maybe that really is the whole region? Maybe there really are only 11 new Pokemon?
>>
>>26435089
I mean I know you're joking, but more than one island is all but confirmed and the guidebooks don't mean anything. DP and BW has less than 300 pages.
>>
>>26432697
MODS
>>
/vp/ really is the easiest board to bait
>>
>>26432875
I'd been collecting the strategy guides and I was so disappointed when I got the one for XY.
>>
>>26432461

I know this is bait but, Emerald was Battle Frontier you fucking autist.
>>
>>26432233
>>26432243
>>26432251
>>26432259
>>26432269
>>26432272
So I just checked my BW2 strategy guide (I bought it because it had a nice cover design).
Counting only the walkthrough, the PWT, the Pokestar Studios, the Musical and the Battle Subway sections (not counting the pokedex) there's only about 386 pages worth of content
>386
>hoenn confirmed

And BW2 was a treasure trove in terms of content.

I'm thinking it's more concise.
>>
File: 1429819124954.png (277KB, 492x550px) Image search: [Google]
1429819124954.png
277KB, 492x550px
>>26432259
>suggests removing contests
>would likely also remove battle frontier, Join Avenue, or any End-Game content that isn't centralized around his preferred style of play

Content is content. It's alright to cut something damn-near worthless like flight battles, but when you stymie the available options to "There is this place you earn Battle Points at for shit you have in your previous gen that you can't port forward," you literally suck all the fun from the games.
>>
>>26432233

No it's 352 Pages :
http://www.amazon.com/Pokémon-Sun-Moon-Official-Strategy/dp/0744017475/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1463936423&sr=1-2&keywords=pokémon+sun+%26+pokémon+moon
>>
>>26435568
The collectors one is 368 pages.
>>
>>26432282
I think everyone pretty much agrees with the opposite if what you said
>>
File: alola.jpg (48KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
alola.jpg
48KB, 600x336px
Well no shit.

Forget that stupid one island nonsense. The real problem is that this island represents the third largest and most populated one in Hawaii. Think about that for a moment.

Fuck you Hawaiifags. An island chain never had what it took to be a proper region, yet your meme magic caused this abomination to exist.
>>
>>26435685
To be honest, you could make a really long game out of even one island. It's just about pacing and scale.
>>
>>26434760
LOL! That one's going straight to /r/4chan friend!
>>
>>26432321
That pic is cute and funny. Just wanted to say that. i heart u
>>
>>26432477
Fuck off sinnohfetus gen 2 is the best
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>26432233
It'll be 2 volumes like the DP guide
>>
>>26435685
This. It's gonna be Sevi islands bis, aka mediocre amounts of content chopped into tiny unsatisfying bits.

But hey, genwunners wanted their Orange Islands meme game and GameFreak finally delivered. Too bad it had to be almost 2 decades after everyone stopped giving a shit.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Black-Version-White-Official/dp/0307890600/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=511WPIUhy5L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL320_SR234%2C320_&refRID=01RG4N5BKFQ81EGX1HNG

256 PAGES CONFIRMED LESS THAN 50 NEW POKEMON

BLACK AND WHITE CONFIRMED FOR SHIT
>>
>>26436840
>Volume 1
>>
>>26436897
Volume 2 is just Volume 1 with the pokedex added in, 352 pages still less than S/M
>>
The real crime here is what info will be on the internet soon after this game releases cost you $40 fucking dollars.
>>
>Y Strategy Guide = 120 Pages
>GS Strategy Guide = 192 Pages
>RS Strategy Guide = 152 Pages
>FRLG Strategy Guide = 160 Pages
>DP Strategy Guide = 296 Pages
>HGSS Strategy Guide = 352 Pages
>BW Strategy Guide = 504 Pages
>B2W2 Strategy Guide = 456 Pages
>XY Strategy Guide = 416 Pages
>ORAS Strategy Guide = 463 Pages
>>
>>26436714
2 decades later they're. Still marketing to them so nothing changed.
>>
Maybe this isn't the thread for it, but if anyone wants it, I have a free code for Darkrai.
>>
Y'alls desperate to shitpost waiting for leaks huh?
>>
>>26432294

This.
>>
>>26437131
hmm

DP did have quite a bit of content in comparison to X/Y
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.