[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Starter Line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: empleon.jpg (29KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
empleon.jpg
29KB, 500x355px
I think, objectively, the Piplup line is the best starter evolution line. The transition between each evolution is perfect, the final result is a dapper penguin gentlemen, and I never see people bashing the design.

>Agree y/n
>if n, which do you think is best line?
>>
So underrated.
>>
>>26430418
Imma stand by Totodile
>>
Prinplup is god awful ugly but the other two designs are decent.
>>
>>26430418
Empoleon is based, Piplup and Prinlup are fucking hideous.
>>
>>26430418
Prinlup is the weakest link but it works when you see the change Empoleon brings. Best starter line all generations.
>>
It's a solid starter, I have nothing bad to say about it. My favourite is Emboar, though objectively he's far from the best.
>>
>>26430418
snivy and chimchar are objectively better.
>>
>>26430418
Empoleon is decent, but not the best.
>>
File: 1462931212848.jpg (124KB, 900x678px) Image search: [Google]
1462931212848.jpg
124KB, 900x678px
>>26430418
I agree.
>>
>>26430418

God tier
Squirtle, chimchar, Feraligatr, Piplup

Good tier
Charmander, Bulbasaur, Chikorita, That turtle from 4th gen

Meh tier
Cyndaquil, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Fennekin, grass starter 6th gen,

Shit tier
Treeko, Mudkip, Torchic
>>
>>26430451

>Piplup
>hideous

So are you actually blind or one of those faggots who hates everything cute because you think it threatens your masculinity?
>>
>>26430499
I second your ratings
>>
Empoleon is great, yeah. But Feraligatr is truly best.
>>
File: PiplupH.jpg (39KB, 515x386px) Image search: [Google]
PiplupH.jpg
39KB, 515x386px
>>26430418
yep
>>
>>26430418
Piplup is my favourite Pokémon and I like Empoleon. I don't like Prinplup much though.
Most people disagree with me, and I still don't understand why, but the best starter line is Chikorita.
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 500x500px
>>26431465
Never understood it either.
Chikorita is cute.
>>
>>26430418
I agree, I think the Piplup line is pretty great!
>>
I never liked how Empoleon is primarily all black all of a sudden while Piplup and Prinplup keep the same colors. At least say Samurott's line progressively darkens with Dewott's "fur" being the color of Oshawott's "clothes" and Samurott's "fur" the color of Dewott's "clothes".

It's be better if Prinplup had some black on it somewhere as a mid-point for that change or if Empoleon kept the colors of the two prior, though the black fits with Empoleon's Steel typing so that probably wouldn't be the best course of action.

I like Torterra more anyways, fucking island turtle.
>>
>>26430418
Piplup is my second favorite behind Squirtle
>>
While I agree that Empoleon is the best starter, Prinplup is admittedly hideous and Piplup is pretty meh. They DO have a very nice cohesive theme played out through the line, though, and the coolest typing of any starter to date, so I'd still put the line in the top 3.

Either Cyndaquil or Bulbasaur lines would have to be considered better. In my opinion, of course.
>>
>>26430418
Agree. Piplup and Empoleon are top tier designs, and while Prinplup is hideous, it ties them together very well.
>>
Empoleon is a cool Pokemon, but i can't see it as a starter
>>
Prinplup ruins the line, it's one of the worst middle stages
>>
>>26430418
>Best design
Empoleon has the same flaws as emboar, as in it has too much going on.
Personally, empoleon is my least favorite starter.
As for favorite, probably Feraligatr, but that's probably just nostalgia
>>
>>26430499
>Implying gen 3 didn't have the best starters
>>
Empoleon is really cool and the best of the Gen IV starters but his midsection needs work, too much design.
>>
File: lkdmWrA[1].png (688KB, 900x606px) Image search: [Google]
lkdmWrA[1].png
688KB, 900x606px
>>26430441
Mah Croconigga. I hope they don't ass up his eventual Mega.
>>
>>26430418
>objectively
>opinion about appearance
I kind of agree though.
>>
>>26430418
Piplup & friends have horrible learned moves, though. I like Empoleon a lot, but it learns nothing of value by level up, based on its stats.

In this category, literally every other starter (except perhaps Sceptile) is superior to Empoleon.
>>
>>26433908
So is the rest of your post
>>
>>26430463
snivy is my favorite of any generation but fucking chimchar is hot trash and nothing else
>>
>>26430499
>god tier
>squirtle
>good tier
>chikorita
>shit tier
>treecko or mudkip
I'll give you torchic but you're tripping on some hard shit
>>
>>26430499
Actually

>God tier
Piplup, Treeko, Charmander, Froakie

>High Tier
Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Torchic, Oshawott

>Meh Tier
Bulbasaur, Turtwig, Tepig, Fennekin, Chespin, Mudkip, Chimchar

>Shit Tier
Chikorita, Snivy
>>
>>26430418
I was just thinking that, OP.
I agree completely.
It has that wow factor that after being pure Water for two stages... Bam! Steel, motherfuckers.
Although it's not ideal competitively, the stats make total sense and the design completely fits.
>>
>>26434283
as much as I agree I'm compelled to call you a faggot for putting Charmander in god tier
>>
>>26430503
No, it's ugly. Totodile and Mudkip are actually cute.
>masculinity
implying im not a grill
>>
>>26431877
Torterra is an awesome idea but I dislike its execution. I wish it looked more natural without the metal looking parts.
>>
File: are you satisfied.png (4MB, 2016x1608px) Image search: [Google]
are you satisfied.png
4MB, 2016x1608px
>>26434512
>cute
Are you satisfied with your post?
>>
>>26430418
Second worst starter and the only one i boxed without regret.
Fuck Piplup
>>
No one bashes the design because it's probably the most forgettable starter.
>>
>>26435413
>starter
>forgettable
>>
>>26430418
But anon, Piplup isn't even the best Evolution chain in its generation. It's actually the worst.

Torterra is objectively the best Grass starter of all time, infernape is one of the coolest designed fire starters, leaving Empoleon in 3rd place in its own generation.
>>
File: Palkia.png (887KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Palkia.png
887KB, 1024x1024px
>>26430499
Can I just say that if you have to call it "That turtle from 4th gen", it shouldn't be good tier on your own list.
>>
>>26438973
Anon, fug off. Turtwig, and Torterra are the best grass evolution chains.
>>
>>26430499
>God tier
Treecko, Totodile, Bulbasar, Turtwig

>Good tier
Charmander, Cyndiquil, Squirtle, mudkip, froakie, piplup

>Meh tier
Chimchar, Snivy, Chikorita, Fenniken

>Shit tier
Chespin, Tepig, Oshawott
>>
>>26438889
>Third place behind nectar and ambrosia is bad
>>
>>26439271
Never said it was bad, just said that 4th Gen has one of the best set of starters out of any gen.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.