[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smogon was a mistake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 398[1].jpg (13KB, 250x211px) Image search: [Google]
398[1].jpg
13KB, 250x211px
>be casual Showdown player
>just do random unrated battles for fun on work commute or whatever
>check out the ladder earlier today
>skim through all of the formats
>see some guy at the top of UU named pokemonisfun
>feel like it sounds familiar but can't quite place finger on it
>get home
>suddenly remember where I recognized it from
>it's some guy who made BT ragequit in a video back in 2014 called "this team is at the top of UU" or something
>of course it's your typical faggot stall team

>mfw this chucklefuck has done literally the same shit for two fucking years and no one has been able to consistently dethrone him because there's literally one way to play Showdown and god help you if you try anything else
>>
Stall is the safest way to play, so of course it's going to be at the top
>>
>>26429978
Stall rules showdown, everybody knows this, you don't need to make a fucking thread about it.

But here's a bump anyway because I want to see the smogonfags get triggered
>>
>showderp beats stallfags at their own game with Funbro
>shitdown bans him
>>
>>26429978
>of course it's your typical faggot stall team
So the best teams? This game still favors offense.
>>
>>26430022

>This game still favors offense.

Yeah thats why offensive teams are all at the top of OU and UU

oh wait
>>
File: 1461443355075.jpg (105KB, 1273x922px) Image search: [Google]
1461443355075.jpg
105KB, 1273x922px
>>26429978
Stall is the cancer killing pokemon. I remember playing Pokemmo when it still had Gen 3 mechanics, and every fucking Team was Blissey/Skarmory combo. Stall users should be gassed.
>>
I'd pay a monthly fee to use Showdown if they had a tier where everyone had to use webcams.

I just want to see the look on a greasy, basement dwelling, shit and hotpocket eating, fat, ugly, stall faggot when part of his defensive core gets broken and that's just the beginning of the end, shortly before closing out of the tab and munching on some Cheetos before clicking on the Battle! button again.
>>
>>26430396
Ow the edge
>>
>>26430299
Pokemmo is amazing now thankfully, all thanks to the based devs telling the councils to fuck off and adding LO, Specs and Scarf.
Sadly Dugtrio and Gengar are still banned for shitting on stall way too hard.
>>
File: 1457684203032.png (129KB, 294x317px) Image search: [Google]
1457684203032.png
129KB, 294x317px
>>26430417
Quality retort, found the stallfag.
>>
>>26430448
I quit after breeding got gutted do many people still play?
>>
>>26430473
Yeah, and the breeding system is alright once you get used to it.
They added a queue for PVP and a ranked system, you gain BP from it so if you want to make money you can always win some fights, buy a Choice item and sell it on GTL (Basically a newly added system for selling stuff), so you're no longer restricted to grinding NPCs.
>>
>pokemon with a combined defensive base stat total (HP+SpDef+Def) of more than 280 are permanently banned from all formats

where do I collect my reward
>>
>>26430521
>Aggron is banned
>Scrafty is banned
>>
File: rainbow-dash-hoodie-1357163906.jpg (179KB, 620x830px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow-dash-hoodie-1357163906.jpg
179KB, 620x830px
>>26430396
>b-but stall is fun
>>
>>26430598

fine, make it higher

whatever gets rid of cresselia/mega sableye/hippowdon/blissey
>>
>>26430883
Wait, Hippowdon has a use other than setting up a sandstorm for a Banded Excadrill sweep?
>>
>>26430952

>This whole post
>>
>>26430952

>sandstorm spdef defense boost
>access to slack off
>access to stealth rock

gee bud i dunno
>>
>>26430396
>there he is there he goes again.txt
>>
>>26430132
>Yeah thats why offensive teams are all at the top of OU and UU
>oh wait
>smogon shit logic

Yes the gave favors offense. Notice I didn't mention your snowflake banlist. Pokemon company also keeps top stats and mega kanga has been number 1 in usage since x and y dominating singles and doubles. Probably the same retard crying about hippowdon in this thread and blissey(which is worse than evolite chansey which has a higher usage)
>>
>>26430022
What the fuck? If the game favors offense, how are stall teams the best teams? Are you retarded did you even read what you wrote?
>>
>>26431013
Ok that's fine, I thought you were a smogon fag. Yes the game favors offense as it should because offense actually requires skill and is fun. But Smogon with their shit banlist has effectively completely changed the way the game should be played to fit themselves. Which is why smogon is shit.
>>
>>26429978
Jump off that ship while you're still ahead. Stall is for braindead shitters and that's why Smogon is obsessed with preserving it and playing 6v6 singles, it'll never change
>>
>>26431016
Stop playing smogon trash retard. Maybe youvshould learn to read.
https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/oras/#allformat
>>
>>26430995
Only Rock type got S.Def boost from sandstorm.
>>
>>26431063
Not him, but (intentionally or not) you've stated that stall teams are the best teams, yet contradict yourself in the next sentence when saying the game favors offense. Note that the thread is focused on Smogon; as such, bringing in usage statistics from the cart--a different meta--is useless.
>>
File: 45347.png (214KB, 645x981px) Image search: [Google]
45347.png
214KB, 645x981px
Is this a good anti-stall team? I don't care about how effective it is against any other teams except stall.
>>
>>26431134
>Mega Heracross
>Arm Thrust
Nigger please
>>
>>26431134
>Life Orb everywhere with no recovery
>no stat boosters
>no Taunt
I don't think so
>>
>>26431134
Not exactly--you have some potential in Mew due to defog and heal bell, though iirc the typical Stallbreaker mew is
Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Softboiled
- Psychic

Remember, Taunt (to stop the opposing team from using status moves, common) and a form of healing (to help with residual damage from rocks, status, etc.) are golden. Also, you need some sort of healing, so I'd recommend something with wish.
Finally, a setup pokemon would do nicely.
>>
>>26431173
>>26431134
On another note, if you're gonna invest speed in heracross, make sure you have a reliable way of slowing your opponent down. Also, find a way to get around bravest bird
>>
>>26431134
>using mew the shit hp guy as your defogger
Oh I am laughing.
>two dragons in fairy land

This is why you lose and come here to complain.
>>
>>26431134

>3 mons with zero HP investment at all
>one with 4
>"is this a good anti-stall team"

how do you even manage to stay alive day after day? this is a new level of retardation
>>
>>26431224
I don't lose much, I'm in the 1700s, I'm just not a good team builder. All my teams are taken from high ranking people.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.