[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the worst pokemon type?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: CT2B04YUkAAmC6s.png (63KB, 591x371px) Image search: [Google]
CT2B04YUkAAmC6s.png
63KB, 591x371px
What is the worst pokemon type?
>>
>>26421275
None of them.
>>
Either Ice, Bug, or Grass
>>
File: Arceus.jpg (44KB, 651x500px) Image search: [Google]
Arceus.jpg
44KB, 651x500px
>>26421275

Arceus is a normal (type) Pokémon.
>>
Not the worst but I have some problems with Bug, Dragon and Flying, all other types describe an element the pokemon uses to attack and such while these 3 describe physiological attributes.
Maybe dragon not so much since there seems to be some dragon elment but Bug and Flying type attacks are just regulat stuff except done with wings of by bugs
>>
Mexican type
>>>/wsg/1070909
>>
Water becuase it's the most common type in the game.

Alternatively normal/flying. There was absolutely no point in not making most of these pokemon mono flying.
>>
Fairy. Way OP
>>
>>26421275
Steel. I'm really glad they nerfed it in Gen VI.
>>
>>26421275
I think Ice is still statistically the worst, right?
>>
Fairy. It was and is just unnecessary
>>
It's ice, followed by bug and then grass wins the title of king of shit if only because of its useful grass-specific support moves and immunity to said moves.
>>
>>26421275
>>26421681
>>26421879
Bug. By a long shot.

I did some statistics on the types recently.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jaypJ08Os0Ix40DbcaefS42M7HFgCgQ0JMqb6YXOYko/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

If we assign a value to all a types offensive and defensive matchups.
>Offensive
Super effectve: 2
Neutral: 1
NVE: -1
Immune: -2
>Defensive
Immune: 4
Resist: 2
Neutral: 1
Weak: -2

You wind up with ghost being the best overall, and grass being the worst overall. But that's not how types work is it, no, being weak to a good offensive type is worse than being weak to a bad one, and hitting a good defensive type super effectively is much more valuable than hitting a shit one.
We run the same calculation with the sum of all the relevant types. Eg steel is hit super effectively by ground, fire and fighting. We add these types offensive score together and multiply by the weakness modifier (-2) to find steels adjusted weakness value. (it's -80, by the way)
Doing this we find the best type to be water and the worst to be bug.
If we run the same adjustment on the adjusted stats, we get double adjusted stats and so on and so forth. Doing this results in:
>Overall (offence+defence)
1:Fairy
2:Water
3:Ghost
4:Ground
5:Steel
6:Dark
7:Normal
8:Electric
9:Flying
10:Fire
11:Dragon
12:Psychic
13:Poison
14:Rock
15:Ice
16:Fighting
17:Grass
18:Bug
>Defence
1:Steel
2:Normal
3:Fairy
4:Ghost
5:Water
6:Electric
7:Dark
8:Poison
9:Flying
10:Ground
11:Dragon
12:Fire
13:Psychic
14:Fighting
15:Bug
16:Grass
17:Ice
18:Rock
>Offence
1:Ground
2:Rock
3:Water
4:Fairy
5:Fire
6:Flying
7:Ghost
8:Ice
9:Dark
10:Dragon
11:Psychic
12:Electric
13:Steel
14:Normal
15:Fighting
16:Grass
17:Poison
18:Bug

tl;dr fairy was a mistake.
Numbers in the link.
>>
>>26421897
disclaimer: this doesn't account for movepools and dual types. That's autism for another day.
>>
>>26421897
Fairy really needs another weakness and another type who resist it. I'd say make it weak to Psychic, resisted by Ice and exchange the Bug resistance for a Ghost one
>>
you're favorite
>>
>>26421956
can't say I agree with the middle, but the other two things you said would be great
>>
>>26421275
Grass or Rock
>>
>>26421956
I agree with all of that.
Psychic Ice and Bug are in my top 6 favorite types
>>
>>26421956
It's a good start. Need to do something about water as well.
>2 weaknesses
>one is a shit type
>the other is an obscure type
>Fuckall resists it
>scald

My vote is it becomes weak to poison and bug resists it.
>>
>>26421300
Fuck off, Richard.
>>
>type that has the most pokémon, water
>type that has the least pokémon, ice
>ice is just a melted form of water anyway
>a lot of ice types are part water anyway
>water types can learn ice type moves
>fairy further shafted ice by taking its dragonslayer role
>ice only resists ice
>has four weaknesses to common types
>they're usually found late in the game in one specific area designed solely for them and nowhere else

God dammit
>>
Ice type takes the cake for worst type. It's greatest advantage is being good enough offensively at best and absolutely terrible defensively.

GF insists on trying to make bulky Ice types with crap speed, high defenses (which don't even matter because SR destroy any chance of them withstanding even a neutral attack afterwards), large hp pools (which SR shits on as well) and mediocre offensive stats.

Weavile is the only ice type that I feel was done right and just look at it, it's the only Ice type worth using really.
>>
>>26422112
Did mamoswine stop existing or something.
>If it isn't OU it isn't good
heck off
>>
>>26421897

Nice
>>
>>26421897
>>26422112
>Aurorus is Rock-/Ice-Type
>>
>>26422054
>ice is just a melted form of water anyway

huh

also the least amount was ghost i thought?
>>
>>26422633

Prior to Gen 6 it did have the least. But Gen 6 gave us basically no ice types.
>>
>>26421897
>fairy was a mistake
You just prove it to be one of the best types. How is that a mistake?
>>
Ice is the worst defensively, Normal is the worst offensively, literally the only pokemon who would carry offensive Nomal type moves are Normal types themselves for STAB, or someone with an -ate ability. Bug is the worst overall.
>>
Fairy is the worst type, the only good it did was make poison a little cooler
>>
Is this the real Dolan Trumpo?
>>
>>26421311
Yeah my favorite elements are Ghost and Fairy!
>>
File: 699Aurorus.png (951KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
699Aurorus.png
951KB, 1280x1280px
>>26423220
>Gen 6 gave us basically no ice types

I think you mean the best Ice type.
>>
Ice and bug
>>
>>26423220
Gen 6 gave us a good ice type.
>>
>>26423545
Yeah Avalugg is great, but we got 4 ices as opposed to 8 ghosts, which is like 11% of the entire dex
>>
>>26423499
>has such great stats, abilities and large diverse move pool
>rock/ice type
>has 2 4x weaknesses
I really hope GF fixes up bothe ice and rock in gen 7 because they really need a buff
>>
File: smug.png (14KB, 230x229px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
14KB, 230x229px
>>26423499
>implying this is even remotely close to usable
>>
ice
>>
>>26423499
If only it had filter
>>
>>26421897
Not all types are equal, though, so applying points in a blanket manner like this doesn't really mean much. Some weaknesses and resistances are worth a lot more than others. Fairy is notorious for having pretty low-impact weaknesses and good resistances, for example, it's easily better defensively than normal.
>>
>>26421897
>Fairy in the top 5 in both offense and defense
Make it stop please
t. Dragonfag
Seriously, SM needs to introduce a new Dragon/Steel type, or make Dragalge a bit less bad.
>>
>>26423637
>or make Dragalge a bit less bad

Please. Please this. Clawitzer too so Dragalge's X counterpart is not left out.
>>
>>26421275
??? is worst
>>
>>26423637
>Dragonfag
Go suffer more, you were fucking annoying for 5 generation of games and deserve this
>make Dragalge a bit less bad
but i do support it, so much wasted potential
>>
>>26424165
>fucking annoying for 5 generation of games

Not sure what game you were playing. Aside from low-level play where bad players lose to Outrage spam, dragons were only ever an issue in Gen IV, and only for a certain period of time.
>>
>>26424181
>implying
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.