[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Jim Guy Challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Violet_City's_Pokémon_Gym.png (106KB, 1200x680px) Image search: [Google]
Violet_City's_Pokémon_Gym.png
106KB, 1200x680px
I came up with a weird challenge today vp

Rules:
>Only use pokemon used in the gym you are currently up against
>Evolutions of pokemon within the gym are allowed but...
>Stay within the level restrictions of the gym
>Once you beat the gym, you must store your team in the PC.
>After beating all the gyms, choose six pokemon you've used over your journey. These must beat the Elite Four. Extra challenge: Apply the above rules to the Elite Four.

So in my playthrough of HG, I had a level 13 Pidgey and a Level 9 Spearow for Faulkner;

A level 17 Butterfree, Level 13 Paras and a Level 10 Spinarak for Bugsy.

Thoughts?
>>
It's definitely interesting to say the least, although getting the Pokemon might take a while.

At least you're not doing anuzlocke as well as this
>>
>grinding: the game
>>
>>26420650
Yeah, he's playing Pokemon. What's your point?
>>
>>26420654
For what Pokémon game is grinding even required? Just don't avoid trainer battles and you should level ramp up to match the story just fine. If you have to grind on a regular playthrough you're a scrub.
>>
>>26420654
You're essentially grinding a new team each gym for no reason. There's not even a theme or anything to go with this. Just "LET'S BEAT A GYM WITH THEIR OWN POKEMON AT THE SAME LEVEL OR HIGHER!", which is fine and all if you want to do it, but it isn't nearly as rewarding or interesting as stuff like Nuzlockes or Hard Mode.
>>
>>26420669
desu I considered adding nuzlocke rules to it, but then I'd have been stuck trying to avoid having my level 3 Pidgey dying and it just wasn't going to happen.
>>
Recently I've been playing with this method
>whenever new pokemon are available, look up their final form that is available to you (e.g if you can't trade to evolve it, it's highest form prior to that)
>find its total base stats
>the highest six pokemon, 5 if you want to keep your starter, make up your team
I am aware that this doesn't mean they're automatically good, but it is one way to make you choose pokemon maybe you wouldn't ordinarily. Other thing you could do perhaps is choose an individual stat and do a speed or defence pokemon run. Or maybe one of each. Just stuff to create variety.
>>
>>26420614
How are you going to beat Jasmine with just a bunch of Magnemites?
It'll take hours before you can even do decent damage against Steelix
>>
>>26420614
Trouble is that there are often times gyms that use your Pokemon that you don't have access to in a regular game, at least at that point (for instance, Brock in RBY). I can see this being interesting if you could just hack the game to give you the Pokemon you need for each gym, otherwise it seems like needless busywork.
>>
>>26421185
Sonic Boom does 20 base damage, that's probably your best bet.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.